Madonna :: Charts & Sales History

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

 

Postby arhre » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:07 pm

La Isla Bonita (Madonna’s Channel) has reached over 100M views on YouTube. This is her third video to reach this milestone.

BTW, the same video on Warner’s Channel has over 95M views.
arhre
Groupie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018

Postby jjavier1978 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:24 pm

France Digital Albums

49 (41) 70 Celebration
Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.
User avatar
jjavier1978
Legend
 
Posts: 13325
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012
Location: Republica Dominicana

Postby jjavier1978 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Champagne Rosé
6,733,714 plays on Spotify
Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.
User avatar
jjavier1978
Legend
 
Posts: 13325
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012
Location: Republica Dominicana

Postby AlphaMale » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:15 pm

jjavier1978 wrote:Champagne Rosé
6,733,714 plays on Spotify
Is that good? By Madonna standards I mean?
Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
Him or her I shall follow
User avatar
AlphaMale
Legend
 
Posts: 15237
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012
Location: La Isla Bonita

Postby jjavier1978 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:25 pm

Madonna's "Santa Baby" from A Very Special Christmas has 3,310,235 plays on @Spotify

A Very Special Christmas is one of the best-selling Christmas/holiday album in the #USA sold over ~2,520,000 copies according to SoundScan.
Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.
User avatar
jjavier1978
Legend
 
Posts: 13325
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012
Location: Republica Dominicana

Postby music126 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:01 pm

jjavier1978 wrote:Madonna's "Santa Baby" from A Very Special Christmas has 3,310,235 plays on @Spotify

A Very Special Christmas is one of the best-selling Christmas/holiday album in the #USA sold over ~2,520,000 copies according to SoundScan.
Is this a lifetime total? I don't even think the poor song has made the Holiday 100.

Also, would be nice if Vogue on youtube can hit 100 million before the end of the year. 11 million more views needed.
User avatar
music126
Manager
 
Posts: 1800
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013

Postby arhre » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:03 pm

music126 wrote:
jjavier1978 wrote:Madonna's "Santa Baby" from A Very Special Christmas has 3,310,235 plays on @Spotify

A Very Special Christmas is one of the best-selling Christmas/holiday album in the #USA sold over ~2,520,000 copies according to SoundScan.
Is this a lifetime total? I don't even think the poor song has made the Holiday 100.

Also, would be nice if Vogue on youtube can hit 100 million before the end of the year. 11 million more views needed.
Yes, it has. It peaked 44.
arhre
Groupie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018

Postby music126 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:53 pm

arhre wrote:
music126 wrote:
jjavier1978 wrote:Madonna's "Santa Baby" from A Very Special Christmas has 3,310,235 plays on @Spotify

A Very Special Christmas is one of the best-selling Christmas/holiday album in the #USA sold over ~2,520,000 copies according to SoundScan.
Is this a lifetime total? I don't even think the poor song has made the Holiday 100.

Also, would be nice if Vogue on youtube can hit 100 million before the end of the year. 11 million more views needed.
Yes, it has. It peaked 44.
Well I meant this season.
User avatar
music126
Manager
 
Posts: 1800
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013

Postby Westen » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Full chart run of Celebration this year on UK's album chart
187-194-190-184-198-197-197-173-175-175-177-174-146-127-91-59-95-114-122-144-162-160-166-176-183-157-196

It charted for 27 weeks and its sales are at 652,000 as of November 22nd

The Immaculate Collection
170-140-137-125-121
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby BodyShop » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:28 pm

Westen wrote:Full chart run of Celebration this year on UK's album chart
187-194-190-184-198-197-197-173-175-175-177-174-146-127-91-59-95-114-122-144-162-160-166-176-183-157-196

It charted for 27 weeks and its sales are at 652,000 as of November 22nd

The Immaculate Collection
170-140-137-125-121
Wow,Thank you!! :D
Didn't know Celebration charted on the UK main album chart at all,let alone 27 weeks ,which is half a year :o
User avatar
BodyShop
Manager
 
Posts: 4974
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015

Postby jjavier1978 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Madonna´s Certifications received in 2018:

UK @bpi_music : 4 Minutes 2xPlatinum (600,000 copies)
The Power Of Good-Bye Silver (200,000 copies)

Italy : Hung Up Gold (25,000 Copies) SPS included.

France : Rebel Heart Tour DVD Platinum (15,000 Copies)
Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.
User avatar
jjavier1978
Legend
 
Posts: 13325
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012
Location: Republica Dominicana

Postby NoirPhoenix » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:04 am

How is Santa Baby doing? Is at least gaining some decent streams WW?
NoirPhoenix
Groupie
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017

Postby jjavier1978 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:42 am

Madonna's Top5 with Most Views on Youtube

01 Bitch I'm Madonna 285,234,295
02 La Isla Bonita 200,962,384
03 Hung Up 178,977,581
04 4 Minutes 99,409,635
05 Papa Don't Preach 93,732,748

* Vogue 90,750,144*
Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.
User avatar
jjavier1978
Legend
 
Posts: 13325
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012
Location: Republica Dominicana

Postby arhre » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Have you seen? Madonna's videos on Youtube's Warner Channel are now on Madonna's channel, but they are not combined. It's like there are two versions of the same video.
arhre
Groupie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018

Postby Westen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:33 pm

arhre wrote:Have you seen? Madonna's videos on Youtube's Warner Channel are now on Madonna's channel, but they are not combined. It's like there are two versions of the same video.
Yes it was already mentioned. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to merge views, I'm not sure if it was done before. But her webmaster said earlier this year to a fan that it is not possible, but then again he also deleted video to upload it in hq, something that other artists have done in the past and kept their views, he also ruined video and audio quality in most uploads...
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby arhre » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:59 pm

Westen wrote:
arhre wrote:Have you seen? Madonna's videos on Youtube's Warner Channel are now on Madonna's channel, but they are not combined. It's like there are two versions of the same video.
Yes it was already mentioned. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to merge views, I'm not sure if it was done before. But her webmaster said earlier this year to a fan that it is not possible, but then again he also deleted video to upload it in hq, something that other artists have done in the past and kept their views, he also ruined video and audio quality in most uploads...
So sad.
arhre
Groupie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018

Postby babyshower » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:45 am

At this point, it's pretty obvious that she isn't having any streaming hit anytime soon. It's ok, the industry might move to another direction (like when everybody thought that digital downloads were here to stay) and she could benefit from the upcoming platforms. Who know? :D
babyshower
Groupie
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017

Postby GaGarazzi » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:28 am

Spotify streaming update for Madonna - tracks included with 10mil + streams

110.2M Like A Prayer
91.4M Material Girl
91.1M 4 Minutes
79.3M Like A Virgin
68.0M Vogue
64.5M Hung Up
63.7M La Isla Bonita
49.6M Bitch I'm Madonna
45.9M Holiday
32.7M Into The Groove
30.0M Frozen
28.8M Papa Don't Preach
25.0M Living For Love
24.0M Music
23.9M Crazy For You
22.7M Ghosttown
21.2M Ray of Light
19.4M Girl Gone Wild
19.1M Give Me All Your Luvin'
18.5M Sorry
17.7M Borderline
17.7M Express Yourself
16.4M Open Your Heart
16.3M Revolver (One Love Remix)
15.6M Die Another Day
14.9M Celebration
14.5M Live To Tell
14.1M Take A Bow
13.4M Devil Pray
13.0M Lucky Star
13.0M Unapologetic Bitch
12.6M Girl Gone Bad (Avicii Remix)
12.6M The Power of Goodbye
12.3M Give It 2 Me
11.7M American Pie
11.5M Don't Tell Me
10.0M Jump
10.0M Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix)
..............................................................................................
9.4M Cherish

**Please note that only album versions or extended version have been counted

Total Album Streams:

Madonna (1983): 90,640,266
Like A Virgin (1994): 179,717,886
True Blue (1986): 137,117,309
Like A Prayer (1989): 145,638,631
Erotica (1992): 23,820,892
Bedtime Stories (1994): 33,314,494
Ray of Light (1998): 84,488,900
Music (2000): 46,973,376
American Life (2003): 35,462,764
Confessions On A Dancefloor (2005): 120,115,141
Hard Candy (2008): 127,184,943
MDNA (2012): 69,767,192
Rebel Heart (2015): 178,939,368
User avatar
GaGarazzi
Manager
 
Posts: 4678
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009
Location: Australia

Postby Westen » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:17 pm

Thanks for the update :)

So by the time she releases her new album she'll have 3 +100m songs and all of her 80s albums will have over 100m
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby BodyShop » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Erotica having less streams than American Life tho :roll:
User avatar
BodyShop
Manager
 
Posts: 4974
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015

Postby music126 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Streaming Erotica right now!
User avatar
music126
Manager
 
Posts: 1800
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013

Postby GaGarazzi » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:45 pm

It's interesting that Material Girl is her 2nd biggest streaming hit despite not going #1 anywhere. I guess she'll forever be known as the 'Material Girl' to Madonna's chagrin.
User avatar
GaGarazzi
Manager
 
Posts: 4678
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009
Location: Australia

Postby jjavier1978 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Santa Baby

Spotify:

#45 New Zealand (+58)

#58 Australia (+69)

Album: The Immaculate Collection

iTunes:

#36 Ireland (NE)
Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.
User avatar
jjavier1978
Legend
 
Posts: 13325
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012
Location: Republica Dominicana

Postby Westen » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:16 pm

The power of Xmas on streaming, even unknown song can chart

Santa Baby
Spotify:
#45 New Zealand
#58 Australia

Apple Music:
#172 Canada
#177 New Zealand
#183 Germany
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 11435
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby Angeman » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:27 pm

GaGarazzi wrote:It's interesting that Material Girl is her 2nd biggest streaming hit despite not going #1 anywhere. I guess she'll forever be known as the 'Material Girl' to Madonna's chagrin.
Its because it was included on Spotifys largest 80s playlist. In fact until August Material Girl and 4 Minutes were her only songs included on large playlists.
Angeman
Groupie
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018

Return to Artist Chart Analysis