Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho, stevyy

 

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:48 pm

LostAvenger wrote:The first part of ABC's New Year's Eve (8:00-10:00 PM) where "Work Bitch" was performed got 10.5 million viewers.
Thanks for the info :wink:
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 20703
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby Britneysdream » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:02 am

Wow 25 million watched toxic! Such a shame it wasn’t for a new song!
Britneysdream
Roadie
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017

Postby Instinct » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:59 am

Britney Spears caps Las Vegas Strip run as single-night residency champ

Image

Britney Spears closed her residency at Axis with more than a show.

She made a statement, too, of the financial variety.

Spears’ box-office take from her New Year’s Eve performance was reportedly $1,172,000, a record for the famous Planet Hollywood venue.

That number is also the highest reported take for a single show in a theater residency ever in Las Vegas.

Axis sold at its capacity of 4,600, what it seats when the mezzanine level is closed (that space is taken by the massive amount of projection equipment used in the “Piece of Me” production). The night proved the proverbial perfect storm for ticket revenue, with prices lifted higher than a typical show (averaging about $255) because of Spears’ announced closing of the show, and an already robust crowd for New Year’s Eve.
She took back her record from Jennifer Lopez

The concert, which took place on August 13, 2016, earned over $1 million in revenue, becoming Planet Hollywood's highest-grossing show to date, breaking the previous box office record for a single show, previously set by Britney: Piece of Me.
What a great way to end this residency! Congrats Britney!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertain ... ncy-champ/
User avatar
Instinct
Manager
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:56 am

Instinct wrote:Britney Spears caps Las Vegas Strip run as single-night residency champ

Image

Britney Spears closed her residency at Axis with more than a show.

She made a statement, too, of the financial variety.

Spears’ box-office take from her New Year’s Eve performance was reportedly $1,172,000, a record for the famous Planet Hollywood venue.

That number is also the highest reported take for a single show in a theater residency ever in Las Vegas.

Axis sold at its capacity of 4,600, what it seats when the mezzanine level is closed (that space is taken by the massive amount of projection equipment used in the “Piece of Me” production). The night proved the proverbial perfect storm for ticket revenue, with prices lifted higher than a typical show (averaging about $255) because of Spears’ announced closing of the show, and an already robust crowd for New Year’s Eve.
She took back her record from Jennifer Lopez

The concert, which took place on August 13, 2016, earned over $1 million in revenue, becoming Planet Hollywood's highest-grossing show to date, breaking the previous box office record for a single show, previously set by Britney: Piece of Me.
What a great way to end this residency! Congrats Britney!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertain ... ncy-champ/
Thanks for providing this information / Article @Instinct

I think it was a great way to end her really successful and trendsetting Vegas show. NYE's performance and New Record.
$1,1m grossed from 1 Vegas show is huge and a $255 ticket price average is as well.

Congrats to her!.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 20703
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby Britneysdream » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 pm

Instinct wrote:Britney Spears caps Las Vegas Strip run as single-night residency champ

Image

Britney Spears closed her residency at Axis with more than a show.

She made a statement, too, of the financial variety.

Spears’ box-office take from her New Year’s Eve performance was reportedly $1,172,000, a record for the famous Planet Hollywood venue.

That number is also the highest reported take for a single show in a theater residency ever in Las Vegas.

Axis sold at its capacity of 4,600, what it seats when the mezzanine level is closed (that space is taken by the massive amount of projection equipment used in the “Piece of Me” production). The night proved the proverbial perfect storm for ticket revenue, with prices lifted higher than a typical show (averaging about $255) because of Spears’ announced closing of the show, and an already robust crowd for New Year’s Eve.
She took back her record from Jennifer Lopez

The concert, which took place on August 13, 2016, earned over $1 million in revenue, becoming Planet Hollywood's highest-grossing show to date, breaking the previous box office record for a single show, previously set by Britney: Piece of Me.
What a great way to end this residency! Congrats Britney!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertain ... ncy-champ/
OMG the final 5 shows might have taken 7 million
Britneysdream
Roadie
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Britneysdream wrote:OMG the final 5 shows might have taken 7 million
Nope it won't. The first 4 shows probably grossed around $700K each and the final one grossed $1,17m.

She will gross about $3,9m - $4m from those 5 dates.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 20703
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby Britneysdream » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Here is a question, where abouts is Britney in terms of album sales, is she in the top 10 best selling worldwide? With 80 million album sales globally, that must put her top 10 out of women surely?
Britneysdream
Roadie
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Britneysdream wrote:Here is a question, where abouts is Britney in terms of album sales, is she in the top 10 best selling worldwide? With 80 million album sales globally, that must put her top 10 out of women surely?
In terms of albums sales, Britney Spears is the 6th best selling female artist of all time.

Top female album sellers

1. Madonna
2. Celine Dion
3. Mariah Carey
4. Whitney Houston
5. Barbra Streisand
6. Britney Spears
7. Enya
8. Shania Twain
9. Adele
10. Janet Jackson
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 20703
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby Britneysdream » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:42 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
Britneysdream wrote:Here is a question, where abouts is Britney in terms of album sales, is she in the top 10 best selling worldwide? With 80 million album sales globally, that must put her top 10 out of women surely?
In terms of albums sales, Britney Spears is the 6th best selling female artist of all time.

Top female album sellers

1. Madonna
2. Celine Dion
3. Mariah Carey
4. Whitney Houston
5. Barbra Streisand
6. Britney Spears
7. Enya
8. Shania Twain
9. Adele
10. Janet Jackson
Britney sold more than shania?
Britneysdream
Roadie
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Britneysdream wrote:Britney sold more than shania?
Yes she did 8-)

Britney outsold a bunch of massive stars and even several of the biggest legends, among them Shania Twain, Tina Turner or Janet Jackson to name a few. :wink:
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 20703
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby Britneysdream » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:48 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
Britneysdream wrote:Britney sold more than shania?
Yes she did 8-)

Britney outsold a bunch of massive stars and even several of the biggest legends, among them Shania Twain, Tina Turner or Janet Jackson to name a few. :wink:
Wow, I don’t know why but I thought 80 million wasn’t enough for the top 10 lol
Britneysdream
Roadie
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:06 pm

Britneysdream wrote:Wow, I don’t know why but I thought 80 million wasn’t enough for the top 10 lol
Well now you know it was enough for #6 :)

And also, and in case you don't know Britney is also among the Top 10 female singles sellers of all time 8-)
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 20703
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby valchiu » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:18 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
Britneysdream wrote:Here is a question, where abouts is Britney in terms of album sales, is she in the top 10 best selling worldwide? With 80 million album sales globally, that must put her top 10 out of women surely?
In terms of albums sales, Britney Spears is the 6th best selling female artist of all time.

Top female album sellers

1. Madonna
2. Celine Dion
3. Mariah Carey
4. Whitney Houston
5. Barbra Streisand
6. Britney Spears
7. Enya
8. Shania Twain
9. Adele
10. Janet Jackson
it's impressive how both Shania and Adele with only very few albums released are in the top10. Correct me if I'm wrong but the average sales would be:

1. Madonna = 210 m
2. Celine Dion = 160 m
3. Mariah Carey = 130 m
4. Whitney Houston = 115 m
5. Barbra Streisand = 90 m
6. Britney Spears = 80 m
7. Enya = 78 m
8. Shania Twain = 64 m
9. Adele = 60 m
10. Janet Jackson = 50 m
User avatar
valchiu
Roadie
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009
Location: Rome, Italy

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:35 pm

^ quite a bit wrong for some of them!

01. Madonna - 210m
02. Celine - 185m
03. Mariah - 155m
04. Whitney - 145m
05. Barbra - 140m
06. Britney - 80m
07. Enya - 75m
08. Shania - 70m
09. Janet - 65m
10. Adele 65m

Probably something like that - I think they’re all within 5m of where they should be.
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 52217
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby BhiveDiva » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:51 pm

This list probably will not change anymore. Only Adele maybe will surpass Britney and that's all.
Michael Jackson
Janet Jackson
Beyoncé
Whitney Houston
Mariah Carey
Bruno Mars

http://www.lastfm.com.br/user/MarlonSerpa
User avatar
BhiveDiva
Manager
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Postby TIfan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Enya is probably around the same number as Britney.
User avatar
TIfan
Legend
 
Posts: 12019
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:00 pm

All being true, I think 80m is a bit soft for Britney - she's probably closer to the 85m mark. You could also make an argument that Janet is closer to 70m than 65m.
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 52217
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby BhiveDiva » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:05 pm

Wayne wrote:All being true, I think 80m is a bit soft for Britney - she's probably closer to the 85m mark. You could also make an argument that Janet is closer to 70m than 65m.
BOMT - 25M
Oops - 21M
Britney - 11M
ITZ - 8.5M
Blackout - 3M
Circus - 3.5M
FF - 1.8M
BJ - 0.65M
Glory - 0.45M

GH:MP - 7M
Remixes - 1.5M

83M+
It's about this, right? She defenitly sold more than 80M.
Michael Jackson
Janet Jackson
Beyoncé
Whitney Houston
Mariah Carey
Bruno Mars

http://www.lastfm.com.br/user/MarlonSerpa
User avatar
BhiveDiva
Manager
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:15 pm

Page 1 has good estimates.
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 52217
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Britneysdream » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:21 pm

It’s nice to see an actual list of females who have sold most albums! I think 80 million is a good estimate for britney, even if it is more, it’s not by much, and I would rather underestimate than overestimate! There are some fans that claim britney has sold 100 million pure albums! She has not, and I would love for her to pass it one day! The only person that I see passing britney in terms of ranking is adele! She has strong catalog sales, and with a new album she will pass britney
Britneysdream
Roadie
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:16 am

BhiveDiva wrote:
Wayne wrote:All being true, I think 80m is a bit soft for Britney - she's probably closer to the 85m mark. You could also make an argument that Janet is closer to 70m than 65m.
BOMT - 25M
Oops - 21M
Britney - 11M
ITZ - 8.5M
Blackout - 3M
Circus - 3.5M
FF - 1.8M
BJ - 0.65M
Glory - 0.45M

GH:MP - 7M
Remixes - 1.5M

83M+
It's about this, right? She defenitly sold more than 80M.
I respect your estimations. I just think its quite funny how you inflated almost all of her albums a bit but deflated "Circus"

The poor "Circus" :lol:

My personal estimations:

Baby one more time - 25m
Oops I did it again - 20m
Britney - 10,5m
In the zone - 7,5m
Blackout - 2,5m
Circus - 3,8m
Femme Fatale - 1,7m
Britney Jean - 650K
Glory - 400K

Greatest hits: My Prerogative - 6m
The singles collection - 1,1m
Remixes + other compilation albums - 650K

Total: 79,8m :lol:

According to MJD she sold 76m so I guess thats the minimum (He is extremely conservative and does the lowest estimations out there, he has Janet at 59m :lol: )

She's sold between 76m and 80m albums.

And Enya IMO hasn't surpassed the 75m mark Wikipedia is not a reliable source.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 20703
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby Instinct » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:36 am

I don't think Enya has outsold Britney, I mean she has huge sales and all but her numbers will be lower than 70-75m when MJD updates them.

I still refuse to accept "In the Zone" is any lower than 7m.
User avatar
Instinct
Manager
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012

Postby Britneysdream » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 am

Looks like britney is coming to London!!!! I got an email from live events saying that Britney was due between July and September! I used them for mariah tickets last year! So I’ve ordered my britney ones already
Britneysdream
Roadie
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017

Postby pedrolabre » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:24 pm

Toxic was certified Platinum on United Kingdom in 22.12.2017

https://twitter.com/britneycharts/statu ... 3277798400

https://www.bpi.co.uk/bpi-awards/
User avatar
pedrolabre
Groupie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015

Postby Britneysdream » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Omg that’s amazing! Her 3rd platinum song after baby and scream and shout
Britneysdream
Roadie
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017

Return to Artist Chart Analysis