Janet :: The "Unbreakable" Era

Moderators: kingofskiffle, stevyy

 

Postby alfiebot » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Bojan wrote:Thanks. :lol: Well, it's what I could found from the official sources. Janet's number is outdated too.
(I corrected Cher's numbers, even a though I don't know what's the source. I trust you.)
Haha, the 285k figure was reported a month before her tour, so as the album had the ticket deal it sold well while she was touring and the latest figure was reported by Chart News and of course, we counted the reported SS sales during its run...
Cher
51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
Oscar~Grammy~Emmy~Golden Globe winner
Touring force
Legend

User avatar
alfiebot
Manager
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013
Location: Australia

Postby Bojan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:51 pm

alfiebot wrote:
Bojan wrote:Thanks. :lol: Well, it's what I could found from the official sources. Janet's number is outdated too.
(I corrected Cher's numbers, even a though I don't know what's the source. I trust you.)
Haha, the 285k figure was reported a month before her tour, so as the album had the ticket deal it sold well while she was touring and the latest figure was reported by Chart News and of course, we counted the reported SS sales during its run...
Great. Thanks for the info. I really like Cher. She's amazing on Twitter.
Last edited by Bojan on Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Bojan
Manager
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016

Postby Neutral » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:06 pm

Bojan wrote:It beat them all with critical reception and it outsold several, in the USA at least.

Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman 169,803 → 202,000 as of this week.
Meghan Trainor - Thank You 146,401 → 215,000 as of this week.
Selena Gomez - Revival 333,000 → 378,000 as of this week.

Just a few examples. Correct me if some of you have updated numbers.
How random to include Brave in that list, btw! :lol:
            No stan. No shade.
Neutral
Manager
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015

Postby adamf2thedeath » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:32 am

Neutral wrote:
Bojan wrote:It beat them all with critical reception and it outsold several, in the USA at least.

Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman 169,803 → 202,000 as of this week.
Meghan Trainor - Thank You 146,401 → 215,000 as of this week.
Selena Gomez - Revival 333,000 → 378,000 as of this week.

Just a few examples. Correct me if some of you have updated numbers.
How random to include Brave in that list, btw! :lol:
I thought the same thing :lol:
I love diving in your mind and coming out with every diamond I can find...No Sleeep.
User avatar
adamf2thedeath
Manager
 
Posts: 4596
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014
Location: England

Postby Bojan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:51 pm

Well, I'm a random guy. i wanted to include Kylie's "Impossible Princess" too :lol:
User avatar
Bojan
Manager
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016

Postby sidewalktalk » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:14 am

Bojan wrote:
nekoocz wrote:
Bojan wrote:And I really hope she'll never give an interview again nor promote in traditional way. She's too big for that. And we witnessed in the recent years that it's not even helping a lot. Unbrekabale has outsold many heavily promoted albums and debuted at Number 1. That's more than enough.
Let's be real ...
She is not "too big" for promotion. She was bigger and she promoted, it payed off.
She didnt have such a strong new material in before to promote.
Unbreakable barely outsold any heavily promoted album.

As much as i love her i don't get why she acts like this, she is her own master with her label, she should follow her managers instincts. Not promoting such a good album was very bad idea.
It beat them all with critical reception and it outsold several, in the USA at least.

Jenifer Lopez - A.K.A. 71,000
Enya - Dark Sky Island 136,000
Jenifer Lopez - Brave 168,000
Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman 169,803
Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse 122,000
Meghan Trainor - Thank You 146,401
Madonna - Rebel Heart 207,000
Lana Del Rey - Honeymoon 208,000
Celine - Loved Me Back To Life 224,000
Janet - Unbreakable 253,000
Britney Spears - Britney Jean 272,000
Christina Aguilera - Lotus 290,000
Selena Gomez - Revival 333,000
Cher - Closer To The Truth 350,000

Kylie's "Kiss Me Once" sold 215,000 copies ww.

Just a few examples. Correct me if some of you have updated numbers.

So, I am real. She is too big for today's trashy media and too old for what shapes charts today (streaming). Even if promotion would help her to double sales everywhere in the world, what would that change in her life and career? At this point, I only want more good, critically acclaimed and hopefully Number 1 albums, especially in the USA. Billboard 200 is the most important chart in the world. Beat that Barbra Streisand record. For fun only. :lol:

Guru wrote:
nekoocz wrote:I don't think she got the ful backing of her label when it came to marketing and promotion. Such a pity. I can justify why the tour failed.
She got it. It was her decision not to promote, and it was her label after all. BMG is only distributor. She cancelled iHeart and some telnet show in the UK, can't remember which one, and they asked her to perform at the BET Awards but she only walked around and said few words.
Rebel Heart has sold much more than this
User avatar
sidewalktalk
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015

Postby sidewalktalk » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:19 am

Bojan wrote:Well, I'm a random guy. i wanted to include Kylie's "Impossible Princess" too :lol:
Love that album...and Damn Janet for not releasing any new mixes from these songs...she and Madonna were Queens of remixes, at least Madonna still does. I mean say what you want about her not wanting to promote and not wanting release remixes and proper videos but I call her out...if your playing the game play it to win and if not for you for your fans. Nuff said, thanks.
Last edited by sidewalktalk on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
sidewalktalk
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015

Postby Wayne » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:24 am

sidewalktalk wrote:Rebel Heart has sold much more than this
They are US only sales - Rebel Heart didn't sell more than that stateside in terms of last confirmed numbers.
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 46836
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby biscuits » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:26 am

sidewalktalk wrote:
Bojan wrote:Well, I'm a random guy. i wanted to include Kylie's "Impossible Princess" too :lol:
Love that album...and Damn Janet for not releasing any new mixes from these songs...she and Madonna were Queens of remixes, at least Madonna still does. I mean say what you want about her not wanting to promote and not wanting release remixes and proper videos but I call bullshit...if your playing the game play it to win and if not for you for your fans. Nuff said, thanks.
Excellent chart analysis of 'Unbreakable'
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 40799
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Bojan wrote:
nekoocz wrote:
Bojan wrote:
Jenifer Lopez - A.K.A. 71,000
Enya - Dark Sky Island 136,000
Jenifer Lopez - Brave 168,000
Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman 169,803
Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse 122,000
Meghan Trainor - Thank You 146,401
Madonna - Rebel Heart 207,000
Lana Del Rey - Honeymoon 208,000
Celine - Loved Me Back To Life 224,000
Janet - Unbreakable 253,000
Britney Spears - Britney Jean 272,000
Christina Aguilera - Lotus 290,000
Selena Gomez - Revival 333,000
Cher - Closer To The Truth 350,000

Kylie's "Kiss Me Once" sold 215,000 copies ww.

plus Barbra Streisand 1015,000 (US only)

Just a few examples. Correct me if some of you have updated numbers.

BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★Biggest Box office Actress
★Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011

Postby Westen » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Can someone post full chart runs for UK and US. I'm only missing this album for my data, please :D
User avatar
Westen
Superstar
 
Posts: 9177
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby Bojan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:09 am

Who said that this era is over? :lol:

Taiwan iTunes Top Songs
BURNITUP! #15
User avatar
Bojan
Manager
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016

Postby Lewis17 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:11 am

Westen wrote:Can someone post full chart runs for UK and US. I'm only missing this album for my data, please :D
USA
17.10.15: 1-8-14-41-36-75-50-103-109-x-x-193-126

UK
15.10.15: 11-38-92-148
User avatar
Lewis17
Manager
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006
Location: England

Postby red3269 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:40 am

Lewis17 wrote:
Westen wrote:Can someone post full chart runs for UK and US. I'm only missing this album for my data, please :D
USA
17.10.15: 1-8-14-41-36-75-50-103-109-x-x-193-126

UK
15.10.15: 11-38-92-148
If the tour went on as planned in the US, the chart life of Unbreakable would have been A LOT longer.
red3269
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014

Postby Wayne » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:41 am

I think we're at a stage now where the general sales topic can be used for any further updates as the era basically ended months ago.
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 46836
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Return to Artist Chart Analysis