Lady Gaga :: The "Joanne" Era

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho, stevyy

 

Postby nympho » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:52 am

And, by the way @Wayne. Regarding ticket prices... Those max. prices on Billboard Boxscore aren’t real...They’re only counting regular tickets, not the vip packages.
These were my tickets from Perfect Illusion package:

Spoiler:
Image

286€ each ($353).

But according to Billboard Boxscore, the most expensive ticket in Barcelona was $128,24. :lol:
Other VIP packs were even more expensive than mine. And there were maybe like 2k tickets from all those packs...

Same thing in all the other cities reported. So average ticket price would be much higher.

I read some time ago people on ATRL complaining about this issue; how some tours had the vip packs tickets prices included in the Boxscore while others don’t... which can make a big difference overall.
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7376
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:33 am

nympho wrote:
Wayne wrote:
nympho wrote:The only "bad" boxscore there is the 2nd Birmingham date... The only show of the tour with less tan 10k attendees, btw.
I disagree - her average ticket price is way off where I expected it to be, the grosses feel a bit naff.

Perhaps I held her to a higher standard than I should've but I expected an average ticket price higher than it was.
There’s not such a big difference between North America and Europe average:

European average ticket price is $88.
North American average ticket price is $116.
Tour average: $112.73

London and Paris shows would have definitely made the European average higher.

Anyway, that European average is higher than Artrave’s. Same with average attendance.

And, of course the fact that she grossed more with 49 shows this time than with 79 on her previous tour.

This tour was a HUGE success for her.
It was indeed a great success for her. However I think the Reschedule and the subsequent cancellation plus her physical health will decrease her Touring power in the future. Demand may not be that big next time unless she disappears from the raod for a few years while she slays Vegas. But there are even rumors that she may cancel that too due to her health, its taking a toll on her.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 19225
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby nympho » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:20 pm

SPAIN
90 (71) 48 Joanne
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7376
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby ViviLittleM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Don't know if I've the rights to talk about this here, but the haters dragging her because she has the lowest grossing tour after a SB this decade, are awful. :roll:
It's like they're ignoring her incurable illness...
ViviLittleM
Groupie
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018

Postby biscuits » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:27 pm

I went to the show for free. My friend spent £2 on her ticket
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 45153
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby Kevinmakeme » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:33 pm

This tour would have grossed +115M$! I don't see why the drama
Kevinmakeme
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016

Postby nympho » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Kevinmakeme wrote:This tour would have grossed +115M$! I don't see why the drama
I don't think there's any drama at all... There's not even need to talk about what "it would have grossed", because what it has grossed it's outstanding per se.

She has been winning for quite some time, #1 album, the Top 5 for MR, public and critical acclaim from her SuperBowl Halftime show, selling out most of her concerts in minutes, winning an AMA, 2 Grammy nominations, Platinum certifications for Joanne, MR and The Cure, the tour being huge in North America and ending as the #1 female tour of 2017...

So her haters were like desperate, REALLY HUNGRY for something bad to happen. Some were so miserable to be happy about her canceling the shows because of her medical issues or saying she's faking it... and then, as I knew it would happen, some are going now with the "Oh, so the tour couldn't even reach 100 million, wow"... :lol: Pretending they don't know she has grossed 95 million from only 49 shows. Only-49-shows.
Better not to feed the trolls!
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7376
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby KetysandGagsSon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 pm

biscuits wrote:I went to the show for free. My friend spent £2 on her ticket
They gave out free tickets in UK?
User avatar
KetysandGagsSon
Groupie
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018

Postby TheBiatches » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:51 pm

ViviLittleM wrote:Don't know if I've the rights to talk about this here, but the haters dragging her because she has the lowest grossing tour after a SB this decade, are awful. :roll:
It's like they're ignoring her incurable illness...
She cancelled 10 shows, postponed the tour, only did 49 concerts... come on now, don't pay attention to people who have been saying she is over for 7 years now. They are still pressed enough about her to follow her every step and talk about every chart position and every ticket sold. She will forever be successful ALSO because of these people.
User avatar
TheBiatches
Manager
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006
Location: Barcelona (Spain)

Postby KetysandGagsSon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:57 pm

The tour did great, you have to to see the bigger picture, Gaga has been selling out arenas and other bigger venues for a decade now. She had the most-successful debut tour of all-time, in a decade she has a 600m tour gross total, That's amazing. Other labels didnt put their artists so fast in arenas as Interscope with Gaga, for example Katy toured arenas in 2011, while Gaga was doing it since late 2009 with TFM era. You cant compare her to Madonna and Beyonce, because these are artists of other generations.
User avatar
KetysandGagsSon
Groupie
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018

Postby exfactor003 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:47 am

nympho wrote:And, by the way @Wayne. Regarding ticket prices... Those max. prices on Billboard Boxscore aren’t real...They’re only counting regular tickets, not the vip packages.
These were my tickets from Perfect Illusion package:

Spoiler:
Image

286€ each ($353).

But according to Billboard Boxscore, the most expensive ticket in Barcelona was $128,24. :lol:
Other VIP packs were even more expensive than mine. And there were maybe like 2k tickets from all those packs...

Same thing in all the other cities reported. So average ticket price would be much higher.

I read some time ago people on ATRL complaining about this issue; how some tours had the vip packs tickets prices included in the Boxscore while others don’t... which can make a big difference overall.
the VIP packages are never included in the ticket prices that are cited, nor in the grosses. this was addressed in an Ask Billboard once. people on ATRL have attempted to claim for years that Katy’s Prismatic World Tour included the packages in its gross, but there has never been any proof to suggest that that is true. people also tried to say that Katy’s Uncasville show a few months ago had the packages included in its gross because the top ticket price was $507, but that is how much they were selling the standard floor tickets for (it’s a casino city so they felt that they could charge more).
User avatar
exfactor003
Groupie
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011
Location: Canada

Postby ViviLittleM » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:37 pm

Lady Gaga leads the pack on the latest tally of top-grossing Hot Tours (see list, below) with $9 million in ticket sales from her Joanne World Tour that was cut short in early February due to chronic pain. The pop star was in Europe for the tour’s final leg, originally planned for last fall but postponed until January due to her continuing health issues. With the final 10 concerts cut from the schedule, she played her last show in Birmingham, England on Feb. 1.

With final box office counts reported by promoter Live Nation, the overall gross from the run reached $95 million based on 841,935 sold tickets at 49 performances. The Joanne trek launched on Aug. 1 and was booked in North America and Europe primarily in arenas, but it also included her first four headlining concerts in U.S. stadiums. She played Major League ballparks in New York City, Boston, Chicago and San Francisco with more than 218,000 tickets sold at six performances.

The stadium dates were the top grossers on the tour with the highest counts logged at Citi Field, home of the New York Mets. The venue hosted 69,978 fans at two performances in late August with a total take of $9.5 million. The Forum in Los Angeles claims the top gross among the arenas with $3.6 million in sales from a two-night run during Gaga’s second week on the road. The arena with the highest sold ticket count was Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center with 32,296 sold seats on Sept. 10 & 11.



Compared to her earlier major arena tours: Monster Ball (2009-2011), Born This Way (2012-2013) and ArtRave: The Artpop Ball (2014), the Joanne jaunt produced higher gross averages than on any of the earlier tours, according to Billboard’s Boxscore archives. Her grosses in arenas were 7 percent higher per show on Joanne than on Born This Way and even higher on the other two -- 28 percent higher than Monster Ball and 35 percent more than ArtRave.

There was also a jump in gross averages per show among the stadiums she has played. There are 24 stadium engagements worldwide from these four tours in the archives, and sales from the Joanne trek topped averages from the earlier tours by 12 percent or more.



Last December, Gaga announced a new Las Vegas residency at MGM’s Park Theater, planned to start at the end of this year. It is unclear at this point whether or not her medical issues will affect the premiere of that 74-show run.



https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... al-numbers
ViviLittleM
Groupie
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018

Postby nympho » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:01 am

^
Thanks!

Glad Billboard mentioned this:

Compared to her earlier major arena tours: Monster Ball (2009-2011), Born This Way (2012-2013) and ArtRave: The Artpop Ball (2014), the Joanne jaunt produced higher gross averages than on any of the earlier tours, according to Billboard’s Boxscore archives. Her grosses in arenas were 7 percent higher per show on Joanne than on Born This Way and even higher on the other two -- 28 percent higher than Monster Ball and 35 percent more than ArtRave.
For those saying “it only did better than her previous tour because of the Stadium dates”. 35% higher gross average than ArtRave without the Stadium dates, just Arenas. 8-)
(And in case anyone mentions inflation, it’s still her highest grossing tour per show even when the other tours’ grosses are adjusted to 2017 dollars)
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7376
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby beredy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:31 am

nympho wrote:^
Thanks!

Glad Billboard mentioned this:

Compared to her earlier major arena tours: Monster Ball (2009-2011), Born This Way (2012-2013) and ArtRave: The Artpop Ball (2014), the Joanne jaunt produced higher gross averages than on any of the earlier tours, according to Billboard’s Boxscore archives. Her grosses in arenas were 7 percent higher per show on Joanne than on Born This Way and even higher on the other two -- 28 percent higher than Monster Ball and 35 percent more than ArtRave.
For those saying “it only did better than her previous tour because of the Stadium dates”. 35% higher gross average than ArtRave without the Stadium dates, just Arenas. 8-)
(And in case anyone mentions inflation, it’s still her highest grossing tour per show even when the other tours’ grosses are adjusted to 2017 dollars)
The power of Super Bowl...
User avatar
beredy
Manager
 
Posts: 2748
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010
Location: Croatia

Postby Yoshie » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:43 am

I don't see the problem with the tour performance. 100% of tickets selling over 49 shows = success. Plain and simple.
Yoshie
Legend
 
Posts: 23117
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006

Postby Noahh » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:23 am

Haters will always try to undermine someone's success.
Matter of the fact is that this tour was a big success (except for her health unfortunately).
Anyone that says otherwise is either delusional or clearly trolling.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
User avatar
Noahh
Legend
 
Posts: 30842
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010
Location: The Netherlands

Postby harryxgucci » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:08 am

US pure album sales: #115 @ladygaga, Joanne 1,595 (614,786 total)
Mikki xx
User avatar
harryxgucci
Groupie
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018

Postby spiritboy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Sad about not seeing the tour's full potential had she completed the European leg. Anyway, well done for Gaga, Super Bowl did wonders for her.
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 22665
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby Wayne » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:21 pm

Noahh wrote:Haters will always try to undermine someone's success.
Matter of the fact is that this tour was a big success (except for her health unfortunately).
Anyone that says otherwise is either delusional or clearly trolling.
Remarks like this do not help - I agree that the tour was a big success for Gaga.

What I was remarking over was that the difference in average ticket price is 24% - that's quite a big swing. I was not expecting her to average less than $100 in Europe
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 50459
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby ViviLittleM » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Wayne wrote:
Noahh wrote:Haters will always try to undermine someone's success.
Matter of the fact is that this tour was a big success (except for her health unfortunately).
Anyone that says otherwise is either delusional or clearly trolling.
Remarks like this do not help - I agree that the tour was a big success for Gaga.

What I was remarking over was that the difference in average ticket price is 24% - that's quite a big swing. I was not expecting her to average less than $100 in Europe
I guess the average would have been higher with shows like London, Paris, Manchester :'(
ViviLittleM
Groupie
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018

Postby nympho » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Wayne wrote:
Noahh wrote:Haters will always try to undermine someone's success.
Matter of the fact is that this tour was a big success (except for her health unfortunately).
Anyone that says otherwise is either delusional or clearly trolling.
Remarks like this do not help - I agree that the tour was a big success for Gaga.

What I was remarking over was that the difference in average ticket price is 24% - that's quite a big swing. I was not expecting her to average less than $100 in Europe
The thing is that the average per show in Europe has always been lower for her than the US average (Isn't it for almost everybody?). So no reason to expect otherwise now. Specially when this album has performed much better in US than in Europe. We shouldn't forget either that these dates were rescheduled... Maybe your expectations were too high.

This tour average ticket price in Europe has been higher than Artrave's, though.
London show avg. ticket price was 24% higher than Europe's average in Artrave... Manchester, 25%. Those shows would have increased Europe's overall average.

Anyway, we're taking about $88 avg. ticket price in Europe... not $55 or something.
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7376
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:24 pm

- "Joanne" (piano single) bombed and there won't be more singles.

- The Tour was officially cancelled and the final boxscores were already revealed.

- "Joanne" (album) is not charting anywhere besides the US pure sales low part of the chart.

Isn't this era over? Why is this thread still open?
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 19225
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby LongingHeart » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:42 pm

So you can come in and be your usual self.
User avatar
LongingHeart
Manager
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013
Location: Germany

Postby nympho » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:49 pm

MrLeonix wrote:- "Joanne" (piano single) bombed and there won't be more singles.

- The Tour was officially cancelled and the final boxscores were already revealed.

- "Joanne" (album) is not charting anywhere besides the US pure sales low part of the chart.

Isn't this era over? Why is this thread still open?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just can’t.

-Joanne piano version, a song from a 2016 album, released 14 months after MR, wasn’t serviced to radio, to Spotify playlists... It was a gift to fans to close the era. Not a proper single release. But if you’re happy claiming it has bombed, good for you.

-The final Boxscores were released 5 days ago and users are still talking about them.

-The album is still charting in US sales, Spain, in UK up to this Friday, in other European countries these past weeks...

But you think this thread should have been closed last Tuesday as soon as the boxscores were released. “The era has ended!! If you want to talk about these boxscores from the Joanne era, please do it in her general charts & sales thread” .

There are DOZENS of topics not closed of eras that ended months or even years ago and I haven’t seen you rushing to ask them to be closed.

There will be a tour DVD in a few months and there’s no point in creating a new topic to discuss a live DVD charts, so they can be discussed here.
The topic will remain open.
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7376
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby PerfectIllusion » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:11 pm

LongingHeart wrote:So you can come in and be your usual self.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait for the tour DVD! Hopefully it'll help the album reach 650k pure sales in the US faster.
User avatar
PerfectIllusion
Groupie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017

Return to Artist Chart Analysis