Mariah Carey :: Charts & Sales History

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho, stevyy

 

Postby stevyy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Wayne wrote:
bm08 wrote:Hero certified Silver in UK
Is it just me that's surprised by the fact that this has "only" sold 200k? :oops:

Great to see her get another cert in the UK!
This silver cert only includes sales between 14th November 2004 to October 2017. :lol:

https://www.bpi.co.uk/award/2858-771

If that's the case... then I assume the song actually sold closer to 400,000 in the UK.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 49361
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby nympho » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:01 am

Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey
United Center Chicago, Ill.
Aug. 26, 2017
$958,743
12,692 / 14,859
1 / 0
$500, $299.95, $165, $39.95
Live Nation

Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey
TD Garden Boston, Mass.
Aug. 22, 2017
$947,678
10,192 / 13,264
1 / 0
$500, $299.95, $165, $39.95
Live Nation

Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey
KeyArena Seattle, Wash.
Sept. 5, 2017
$711,998
9,617 / 11,441
1 / 0
$149.95, $39.95
Live Nation

Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey
Sprint Center Kansas City, Mo.
Aug. 27, 2017
$646,490
9,264 / 11,801
1 / 0
$149.95, $29.95
Live Nation

Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey
Prudential Center Newark, N.J.
Aug. 18, 2017
$631,294
9,521 /13,503
1 / 0
$500, $299.95, $165, $39.95
Live Nation

Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey
Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia, Pa.
Aug. 16, 2017
$622,386
9,200 / 14,612
1 / 0
$500, $299.95, $165, $39
Live Nation

Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey
Pepsi Center Denver, Colo.
Aug. 29, 2017
$527,074
8,773 / 13,279
1 / 0
$149.95, $39.95
Live Nation

http://www.billboard.com/biz/current-boxscore

Total (14 shows reported):
$11,243,096
150,262 / 180,155 (83,4%)

Average gross: $803,078
Average attendance: 10,733
Average ticket price: $74,82
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7178
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby bm08 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:34 pm

"We Belong Together" certified Gold in the UK :D

Her 4th single certified and 5th over all certification in the UK this year:

2017 - 1x Gold - 400,000 - 2005 - We Belong Together
2017 - 1x Silver - 200,000 - 1994 - Hero
2017 - 1x Silver - 200,000 - 1997 - Honey
2017 - 1x Gold - 400,000 - 1995 - Fantasy
2017 - 1x Silver - 60,000 - 2015 - #1 to Infinity
Last edited by bm08 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
bm08
Superstar
 
Posts: 8944
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013

Postby crybaby26 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:36 pm

bm08 wrote:"We Belong Together" certified Gold in the UK :D
Yasssss I literally just posted this in the general thread :lol:
Mariah Carey. Queen of
the cassette, digital and now streaming era!!!
User avatar
crybaby26
Manager
 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Postby QueenMadonna » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Is It true that We belong Together didn't get number one in UK for less of 100 copies? It was a bad luck :oops:
User avatar
QueenMadonna
Roadie
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017

Postby Wayne » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:41 pm

QueenMadonna wrote:Is It true that We belong Together didn't get number one in UK for less of 100 copies? It was a bad luck :oops:
It debuted at #2 with 39,235 copies - 392 copies behind the #1 (which sold 39,627 copies).

It then fell to #3 with 27,360 copies (compared to 38,951 copies for the #1).

It then moved back up to #2 with 21,086 copies (compared to 46,443 copies for the #1).

It then fell to #4 with 16,434 copies (compared to 51,671 copies for the #1).

By week #2 of its chart run, James Blunt had taken off and it never came close to #1 after.
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 49858
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby QueenMadonna » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Wayne wrote:
QueenMadonna wrote:Is It true that We belong Together didn't get number one in UK for less of 100 copies? It was a bad luck :oops:
It debuted at #2 with 39,235 copies - 392 copies behind the #1 (which sold 39,627 copies).

It then fell to #3 with 27,360 copies (compared to 38,951 copies for the #1).

It then moved back up to #2 with 21,086 copies (compared to 46,443 copies for the #1).

It then fell to #4 with 16,434 copies (compared to 51,671 copies for the #1).

By week #2 of its chart run, James Blunt had taken off and it never came close to #1 after.
Thx for info :wink:
User avatar
QueenMadonna
Roadie
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017

Postby stevyy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:08 pm

i love the bpi for their automatic certifications... the riaa mess needs to go.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 49361
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby nympho » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:33 am

Billboard Boxscore

Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey American Airlines Center Dallas, Texas Aug. 3, 2017
$670,231 8,095 / 8,095 1 / 1 $160, $95, $75, $34.50 Live Nation
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7178
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby H0neyBF1y » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:28 pm

nympho wrote:Billboard Boxscore

Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey American Airlines Center Dallas, Texas Aug. 3, 2017
$670,231 8,095 / 8,095 1 / 1 $160, $95, $75, $34.50 Live Nation
+ sold out show! :D
twitter.com/H0neyBF1y
User avatar
H0neyBF1y
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008

Postby Wayne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:32 pm

47 Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey Hollywood Bowl Los Angeles, Calif. July 31, 2017 $1,574,180 15,800 /
17,322 1 / 0 $495, $39.95 Live Nation

82 Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey Air Canada Centre Toronto, Ontario Aug. 24, 2017 $1,081,570 13,810 /
13,810 1 / 1 $397.72, $159.05, $79.50, $35.79 Live Nation

110 Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey BB&T Center Sunrise, Fla. Aug. 10, 2017 $885,714 10,413 /
13,206 1 / 0 $165, $39.95 Live Nation

114 Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey Amalie Arena Tampa, Fla. Aug. 11, 2017 $853,015 10,845 /
12,477 1 / 0 $165, $39.95 Live Nation

174 Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey Smoothie King Center New Orleans, La. Aug. 6, 2017 $618,904 7,772 /
11,917 1 / 0 $165, $39.95 Live Nation

192 Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey Viejas Arena San Diego, Calif. July 27, 2017 $571,339 6,628 /
8,314 1 / 0 $165, $39.95 Live Nation
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 49858
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby nympho » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Wayne wrote:47 Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey Hollywood Bowl Los Angeles, Calif. July 31, 2017 $1,574,180 15,800 /
17,322 1 / 0 $495, $39.95 Live Nation

82 Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey Air Canada Centre Toronto, Ontario Aug. 24, 2017 $1,081,570 13,810 /
13,810 1 / 1 $397.72, $159.05, $79.50, $35.79 Live Nation

110 Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey BB&T Center Sunrise, Fla. Aug. 10, 2017 $885,714 10,413 /
13,206 1 / 0 $165, $39.95 Live Nation

114 Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey Amalie Arena Tampa, Fla. Aug. 11, 2017 $853,015 10,845 /
12,477 1 / 0 $165, $39.95 Live Nation

174 Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey Smoothie King Center New Orleans, La. Aug. 6, 2017 $618,904 7,772 /
11,917 1 / 0 $165, $39.95 Live Nation

192 Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey Viejas Arena San Diego, Calif. July 27, 2017 $571,339 6,628 /
8,314 1 / 0 $165, $39.95 Live Nation
Total (21 shows): $17,498,049
217,037 / 256,982 (84.45%)

Average Gross: $833,240
Average Attendance: 10,335
Average Ticket Price: $80.62

Only 1 show boxscore left to report (Edmonton).
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7178
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby stevyy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm

$18m from that quick tour is amazing for Mariah. Imagine she made 30% off of it... = $6m.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 49361
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby nympho » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:43 pm

Yes... some of the dates' boxscores were a bit meh... but others were great and overall, 85% sold out, $833k and 10k people per night is a good result, imo.
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7178
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby BlueScorpion » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:28 pm

Good results for her.
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
User avatar
BlueScorpion
Superstar
 
Posts: 6133
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011
Location: Europe

Postby NIKOSATH » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:38 pm

stevyy wrote:$18m from that quick tour is amazing for Mariah. Imagine she made 30% off of it... = $6m.
Of course she DIDN'T make $6m . Maximum $3,5m. But its still a lot... :D
NIKOSATH
Groupie
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015

Postby BlueScorpion » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Guiness World Records - 2018 Edition
Mariah Carey (USA) has done marathons at the top of the charts such as in the United States and Brazil, serving duets with R&B act Boyz II Men first ;and covering Foreigner in the last. After 'Vision of Love' topped the Billboard Hot 100 on August 4th 1990 , Carey recorded most number #1 songs ever by a female artist. She's only tied with Elvis Presley for 18. Only The Beatles have more - 20.

Image

THERE'S OBVIOUSLY A GLITCH HERE AS WE ALL KNOW MARIAH FREAKING CAREY BEATEN ELVIS AND IS ONLY SECOND TO THE BEATLES. GET YOUR FACTS TOGETHER, GUINESS!! :evil: :evil: :lol:
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
User avatar
BlueScorpion
Superstar
 
Posts: 6133
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011
Location: Europe

Postby H0neyBF1y » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Beyonce Ties Mariah Carey For Third-Most Top 10s by a Woman on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart

Here’s an updated look at the women with the most top 10 hits on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs:
Aretha Franklin, 52
Janet Jackson, 30
Beyonce, 27
Mariah Carey, 27
Whitney Houston, 26
Nicki Minaj, 26
Mary J. Blige, 23
Chaka Khan, 22
Rihanna, 21

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... art-top-10
twitter.com/H0neyBF1y
User avatar
H0neyBF1y
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008

Postby stevyy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:49 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:
THERE'S OBVIOUSLY A GLITCH HERE AS WE ALL KNOW MARIAH FREAKING CAREY BEATEN ELVIS AND IS ONLY SECOND TO THE BEATLES. GET YOUR FACTS TOGETHER, GUINESS!! :evil: :evil: :lol:
#Guinness is using pre-Hot 100 and Hot 100 data. Elvis did have a #1 single before the H100 existed in 1958 on a different chart which was seen as the official singles chart back then.

I think it is unfair to use 2 different charts, however, it would also be unfair to not credit Elvis with 18 only because the H100 replaced an older chart in 1958.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 49361
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby H0neyBF1y » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:44 pm

stevyy wrote:
BlueScorpion wrote:
THERE'S OBVIOUSLY A GLITCH HERE AS WE ALL KNOW MARIAH FREAKING CAREY BEATEN ELVIS AND IS ONLY SECOND TO THE BEATLES. GET YOUR FACTS TOGETHER, GUINESS!! :evil: :evil: :lol:
#Guinness is using pre-Hot 100 and Hot 100 data. Elvis did have a #1 single before the H100 existed in 1958 on a different chart which was seen as the official singles chart back then.

I think it is unfair to use 2 different charts, however, it would also be unfair to not credit Elvis with 18 only because the H100 replaced an older chart in 1958.
+ great point - we need AIWFCIY to hit #1 in the coming years... :D
twitter.com/H0neyBF1y
User avatar
H0neyBF1y
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008

Postby BlueScorpion » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:08 pm

I guess it's controversial if Elvis A-Side singles are counted as one or two chart toppers. That's what messes up the maths, even charts can't be much objective sometimes :lol:
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
User avatar
BlueScorpion
Superstar
 
Posts: 6133
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011
Location: Europe

Postby stevyy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:17 pm

charts should be objective tho. I hate how they go thru rules changes every other year nowadays.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 49361
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby nympho » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:14 am

"One Sweet Day" has surpassed 100 million views on Veo/YouTube.

It's her 10th video to surpass the 100 million mark (8th in her official channel as WYB and AIWFCIY Superfestive are on Whitney and Justin's channels).

Her 11th will come only in a few days, though, as "I want to know what love is" is at 99.4 million views right now.
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7178
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby Pawlu84 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:40 pm

nympho wrote:"One Sweet Day" has surpassed 100 million views on Veo/YouTube.

It's her 10th video to surpass the 100 million mark (8th in her official channel as WYB and AIWFCIY Superfestive are on Whitney and Justin's channels).

Her 11th will come only in a few days, though, as "I want to know what love is" is at 99.4 million views right now.
IWTKTLI was at 98.9 just yesterday will definitely reach the mark this week.
Pawlu84
Manager
 
Posts: 2680
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011

Postby nympho » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Swift's career U.S. album sales stand at 31.4 million. She's the 23rd-best-selling album artist since Nielsen Music began tracking sales in 1991, and the fifth-best-selling woman, after Mariah Carey (55.2 million), Celine Dion (52.8 million), Shania Twain (35 million) and Britney Spears (33.6 million).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... m=referral
The last total album's sales figure I remember was 54 million (the one used in her wiki album's page), in 2014. I don't know if Billboard posted another figure later.
Nice to have an update!
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7178
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Return to Artist Chart Analysis