Katy Perry :: The "Witness" era

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho, stevyy

 

Postby nympho » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:01 am

StarataNeori wrote:Witness cross 300k pure sales at the USA :D

4,453 for last week
http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/building_album_chart
Last week it was #30 on Billboard sales but it wasn’t top 50 on HDD.
When it comes to ticket bundle copies, they rarely coincide. It has happened the same with Shania other weeks.
We’ll see the real Billboard sales chart on Monday.
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby KetysandGagsSon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:34 pm

In celebration of one year since the release of Chained to the Rhythm, can we estimate how close it is in USA to x2 Platinum now ?
It has over 800m streams, how many of them are from USA. The pure sales must be at 595,000 now.
User avatar
KetysandGagsSon
Groupie
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018

Postby thebigham » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:06 pm

2/10 Billboard 200:

https://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/ ... grammy-win

Billboard 200 Chart Moves: Alessia Cara's 'Know-It-All' Returns After Grammy Win for Best New Artist
By Keith Caulfield | February 09, 2018 1:43 PM EST

— Katy Perry, Witness – No. 79 — Katy Perry’s Witness jumps back onto the list at No. 79 with 8,000 units (up 239 percent), mostly driven by traditional album sales (6,000; up 1,056 percent). The set gets a big sales boost from a concert ticket/album redemption offer associated with the diva’s tour.
User avatar
thebigham
Legend
 
Posts: 52723
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005

Postby HellaGood » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:50 am

Wait did she sell another further 4k after that 6k sales week? Cause it was reported somewhere she was at 296k and now she's past the 300k?
You got me feeling hella good, so let's just keep on dancin...
User avatar
HellaGood
Manager
 
Posts: 3593
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014

Postby nympho » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:12 pm

HellaGood wrote:Wait did she sell another further 4k after that 6k sales week? Cause it was reported somewhere she was at 296k and now she's past the 300k?
Last week she sold 6,056. Official. Soundscan/Billboard numbers.
That put its total in an estimated 296k.

Then, HDD (which didn’t have Witness in their Top 50 sales last week), has it with 4,453 pure sales this week. So someone posted here that 296+4.5= it has crossed 300k.
Chartdata on Twitter, who is either a member here or reads this forum, posted that it has crossed 300k. What was posted here.

But, as I posted, HDD and Billboard charts usually don’t count ticket bundle copies the same week.
We’ll have the official sales charts in a few hours, so we’ll see if if has really sold 4.5k pure sales this week and thus surpassed 300k or not.
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby HellaGood » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:16 pm

nympho wrote:
HellaGood wrote:Wait did she sell another further 4k after that 6k sales week? Cause it was reported somewhere she was at 296k and now she's past the 300k?
Last week she sold 6,056. Official. Soundscan/Billboard numbers.
That put its total in an estimated 296k.

Then, HDD (which didn’t have Witness in their Top 50 sales last week), has it with 4,453 pure sales this week. So someone posted here that 296+4.5= it has crossed 300k.
Chartdata on Twitter, who is either a member here or reads this forum, posted that it has crossed 300k. What was posted here.

But, as I posted, HDD and Billboard charts usually don’t count ticket bundle copies the same week.
We’ll have the official sales charts in a few hours, so we’ll see if if has really sold 4.5k pure sales this week and thus surpassed 300k or not.
Thanks for your explanations! Always helpful :D
You got me feeling hella good, so let's just keep on dancin...
User avatar
HellaGood
Manager
 
Posts: 3593
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014

Postby Mokichi » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:40 pm

France Albums Chart

157 (153) 35 Witness
User avatar
Mokichi
Manager
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011

Postby Biebz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm

How is she still getting sales from the ticket bundles when all the US tour dates are over?
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
User avatar
Biebz
Best Damn Member
 
Posts: 23013
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013
Location: UK

Postby HellaGood » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Biebz wrote:How is she still getting sales from the ticket bundles when all the US tour dates are over?
I assume they don't report all at once.
You got me feeling hella good, so let's just keep on dancin...
User avatar
HellaGood
Manager
 
Posts: 3593
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014

Postby KetysandGagsSon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Capitol reports bundles slowly to keep Witness on BB200 chart. How this thing works ? Because some-one may say that people redeem the tickets day by day, but the numbers are reported in bunches. Capitol has used bundles for many of their artists like Sam Smith, Halsey, The Chainsmokers,i dont know if the bundles are forever in the other cases. RCA 'sPink Beuatiful Trauma offer only had 3 weeks redeeming period. BB200 stated in late 2017 that they are thinking to change the rule of counting bundles in the future, due to it becoming a norm lately.
User avatar
KetysandGagsSon
Groupie
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018

Postby nympho » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:26 pm

^
Pink ticket bundle was 1st week only.
Record labels report ticket bundle copies every 4, 5 or 6 weeks in order for the album to re-enter or have a big climb.
I guess they prefer waiting some weeks and have the album at #30 (on sales) than reporting ticket bundle copies every week and have it at #195 or even missing the top 200.

Every label does this... Janet, Shania or Cher’s latest albums chart-runs have been just like Katy’s because of this.

I agree that Billboard should do something about it, though.
Just like digital and physical sales are counted weekly, and charts are made with sales from that tracking period, the same should be done with ticket bundle copies... Copies reported should be the ones from that tracking week, not cumulative. Imagine that same thing with digital or physical sales... not reporting sales weekly but sales from different weeks combined to get a #1...
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby MusicRecords » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:29 pm

HellaGood wrote:
Biebz wrote:How is she still getting sales from the ticket bundles when all the US tour dates are over?
I assume they don't report all at once.
Yeah I think it's only certain weeks that they add a sum of the bundles, plus not everyone redeems them at once..
Follow me on Instagram

trebor wrote:16. MusicRecords: #Mess #BV #Bish #YSL #STFU #Sis #LOL #$$$ #FrequentFlyerSpammer #I&I&I
User avatar
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III
 
Posts: 11763
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012
Location: New York City & Vienna

Postby thebigham » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:45 pm

The album is still uncertified

RIAA.com:

KATY PERRY
Title:SWISH SWISH
Certification Date: January 19, 2018
Label: CAPITOL RECORDS
Format:SINGLE
Platinum
User avatar
thebigham
Legend
 
Posts: 52723
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005

Postby KetysandGagsSon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:53 pm

thebigham wrote:The album is still uncertified

RIAA.com:

KATY PERRY
Title:SWISH SWISH
Certification Date: January 19, 2018
Label: CAPITOL RECORDS
Format:SINGLE
Platinum
Another one in the casket. :D
User avatar
KetysandGagsSon
Groupie
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018

Postby nympho » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Witness is not in Soundscan/Billboard Album Sales Top 200 this week.
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby KetysandGagsSon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:57 pm

HHD gave a figure of 4k units, maybe they are reporting lately the previous weeks numbers. We ll see in the upcoming weeks.
User avatar
KetysandGagsSon
Groupie
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018

Postby ViviLittleM » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:58 pm

nympho wrote:Witness is not in Soundscan/Billboard Album Sales Top 200 this week.
Must be at ~297k then.
ViviLittleM
Groupie
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018

Postby nympho » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:11 pm

ViviLittleM wrote:
nympho wrote:Witness is not in Soundscan/Billboard Album Sales Top 200 this week.
Must be at ~297k then.
According to Billboard, last week it had a 1,065% pure sales increase, which means it sold 573 copies the previous week.
I guess it’s selling around 500-600 copies the weeks with no ticket bundle.
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby HellaGood » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Hopefully when American Idol starts next month her discography will have a boost in America :D
I hope "Bon Appetit" will be certified Platinum as well in the future.
You got me feeling hella good, so let's just keep on dancin...
User avatar
HellaGood
Manager
 
Posts: 3593
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014

Postby HellaGood » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Billboard Canadian Albums:

73. “Witness” [+11] [24 weeks]
You got me feeling hella good, so let's just keep on dancin...
User avatar
HellaGood
Manager
 
Posts: 3593
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014

Postby Mokichi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:27 am

Australia (Physical Albums)

97 (93) 34 Witness
User avatar
Mokichi
Manager
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011

Postby KetysandGagsSon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:01 pm

Swish Swish must be eligible for Gold in UK by now.
Next goals:
CTTR x2Plat in USA.
BA Plat in USA.
Witness Platinum in USA.
User avatar
KetysandGagsSon
Groupie
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018

Postby flotando » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:33 pm

Swish Swish is also eligible for Gold in Spain as it has the required 5 million streamings only on Spotify without points from Deezer or iTunes.

It never went that high but has spent almost 200 days on top 200.
flotando
Manager
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006

Postby HellaGood » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:05 am

KetysandGagsSon wrote:Swish Swish must be eligible for Gold in UK by now.
Next goals:
CTTR x2Plat in USA.
BA Plat in USA.
Witness Platinum in USA.
I think Swish Swish may be just 10,000 units shy away from the Gold certification in the UK. It's still getting decently downloads/streams there so very soon it will be certified.

I think Witness will take a long time to be certified Platinum but this year for sure I think
You got me feeling hella good, so let's just keep on dancin...
User avatar
HellaGood
Manager
 
Posts: 3593
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014

Postby nympho » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:35 am

HellaGood wrote:
KetysandGagsSon wrote:Next goals:
Witness Platinum in USA.
I think Witness will take a long time to be certified Platinum but this year for sure I think
The album is at around 550k SPS for RIAA (including pre-album release tracks SPS). The tour is over in US, so probably no more ticket bundle copies will be reported. How is it going to sell 450k more? Do you think being a judge on American Idol can make it sell 450k this year? Imo, unless there’s a re-edition and she has a hit from it, it’s not going to happen.
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7402
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Return to Artist Chart Analysis