Taylor Swift :: The "Reputation" Era

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

Postby SalBoy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Is that only me or SIO was more successful than Look
Meaning of Grammy - album of the decade!!!
SalBoy
Roadie

Postby JJeffs » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:03 pm

I think they released RFI knowing it would take off and be the 2nd single to launch the album with... or at least it would be an option. LWYMMD was an excellent way to kick off the era, and it was wildly successful, but it's not a song that US radio would typically play for months on end, so if that happens, great, but I doubt it. I think releasing RFI so quickly allowed them to see what radio would do with it, and I won't be surprised if they're cooking up a video and prepping to release it when the time is right in the near future.

A lot of chatter in forums about how RFI is sabotaging LWYMMD's success, but I don't buy into that because it's already a Hot 100 #1 song with a massive launch and has nowhere to go but down from here. I don't think longevity was ever the ultimate goal for LWYMMD - and it's already done its job. The longer time between LWYMMD and the album release date supports this theory, imo, because it gave LWYMMD some extra weeks to do its thing before moving on to the next prior to the album release.

LWYMMD has proven to be somewhat divisive, so continuing to push it trying for a 10-week #1 isn't doing her or the album any favors. If RFI was just intended to be an interim promo single with a football licensing deal and they have something else geared up for single #2, that's ok too. It still is ultimately helping her in terms of album sales, which is always been the goal for her.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby BlankSpace » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:46 am

WORLDWIDE SINGLE SALES :
#1 Look What You Made Me Do 313,000 (1,438,000) (3 Weeks) *2nd Week at #1
#14 ...Ready For It? 142,000 (394,000) (2 Weeks)
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby weare » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:58 am

SalBoy wrote:Is that only me or SIO was more successful than Look
SIO was way better because it’s a fun song and people can sing along with it. Nobody will sing “Look what you me do, look what you me do,...”. It’s look weird and kind of stupid and not fun at all (pre-chorus was good but the chorus ruins the song), this should be replace by edm sound rather than stupid repetitive lyrics.
weare
Superstar

Postby BlankSpace » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:56 am

it's her most successful song EVER
US WW almost EVERYWHERE
but its stupid to compare a 3 year old Single to a 3 week old Single
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby GetBack » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:48 am

Well, that's a good thing! It would be terrible if her most popular song is a diss track. This is pretty much about that more than the music, it's not about the melody or how good the song is, it's what she has to say about addressing everything that she went through with the people she has had feuds with.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Teo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:02 am

Australian Airplay Chart:

7 (7) Look What You Made Me Do

This is not doing as good as it should be on the radio in Australia. At all. She is one of those artists Australian radio stations usually play like crazy. #7 is fine, but it should be better. It's probably just the song not really suited for the purpose of radio success.
Teo
Manager

Postby vale900 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:23 am

after 3 years yes, after 3 weeks not :lol:
vale900
Manager

Postby BlankSpace » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:01 pm

vale900 wrote:
after 3 years yes, after 3 weeks not :lol:
i think we didn't understand what he was asking
but you sure did :lol:
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby GreekGeek » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:10 pm

10. Look What You Made Me Do: 111.713 (-0.062)

Ready For It: 26.950 (+0.842)
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby solitaire » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:25 pm

GreekGeek wrote:10. Look What You Made Me Do: 111.713 (-0.062)

Ready For It: 26.950 (+0.842)
:-?
Hopefully this is just a fluke update for LWYMMD.
One life with one dream on repeat
solitaire
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 pm

I'm curious to see how her album fates.. especially if she can hit 1million in the first week in US again (this time with SS of course) since she changed her musical style and image quite a bit
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby joiPrince_JO » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 pm

BeeBoy wrote:I'm curious to see how her album fates.. especially if she can hit 1million in the first week in US again (this time with SS of course) since she changed her musical style and image quite a bit
Even if she doesn't sell 1 million, with SPS she will definitely cross the million mark.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby oye_up » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:45 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:
BeeBoy wrote:I'm curious to see how her album fates.. especially if she can hit 1million in the first week in US again (this time with SS of course) since she changed her musical style and image quite a bit
Even if she doesn't sell 1 million, with SPS she will definitely cross the million mark.
I'm quite curious about if she hits that million only counting SPS how Billboard would consider it as an extension of her record or not :roll:
oye_up
Manager

Postby JJeffs » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Opening week will be very interesting and I'm so curious what she/they have planned for it. She'll undoubtedly raid the upper section of the Hot 100 with all the tracks, regardless, assuming it'll be available on streaming outlets. I think it should be - and will be - because she's got a streaming-friendly base, whereas Adele's base included a lot of older people who still buy CDs so it made more sense.

I'm sure it'll do huge numbers, but huge is relative these days and comparing it to previous numbers is a can of worms.

I feel like we might see some more clever approaches to marketing and other things leading up to - and during - release week. I love when artists reach "event record" status and witnessing how they approach it. She's arguably had a few of them already, but there's a ton of expectations given it's her 2nd pop album after such a massive 1st.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby thebigham » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:04 am

LWYMMD has been discounted at iTunes USA.
thebigham
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:12 am

Smart move.
You ain't gotta break down,
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:27 am

Between the multiple behind-the-scenes videos with the full-length video tacked onto the ends and the discount at a couple digital outlets... it's interesting they waited until the end of the tracking week. I only say this because there seems to be a consensus that Cardi B will dethrone her for the tracking week that ends today.

Maybe it's to get a head's start on the new tracking week to overtake Cardi next week? They seem to have support for one another, so it's probably all good either way.

Drop a remix collabo, ladies! Show 'em some unity while all the petty fangirls continue to create fake ass diva drama.
Last edited by JJeffs on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:25 am

She's back to dark green updates and Post Malone is losing steam.
You ain't gotta break down,
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby himc15 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:50 am

thebigham wrote:LWYMMD has been discounted at iTunes USA.
yes,saw that,

but if they wanted the song to keep its #1 for the 4th week,wasnt last Friday the best time for this discount?,or it was not allowed to be discounted yet??

coz surely Cardi could interupt this coming week man,and the way Post Malone is getting so much gain on Spotify,things can go either way for Tay

but im happy she did it
himc15
Legend

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:01 am

himc15 wrote:
thebigham wrote:LWYMMD has been discounted at iTunes USA.
yes,saw that,

but if they wanted the song to keep its #1 for the 4th week,wasnt last Friday the best time for this discount?,or it was not allowed to be discounted yet??

coz surely Cardi could interupt this coming week man,and the way Post Malone is getting so much gain on Spotify,things can go either way for Tay

but im happy she did it
nah if she had discounted it last week everyone would've hated her for blocking Cardi B purposly
even though that's not wrong she would've gotten trolled
so im glad she waited till the end of tracking week
+
she should release the album on Spotify too on the same day that would help her 2nd week sales nd it wouldn't drop 80-90% with SPS
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby innocenteyes » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:03 am

NEW ZEALAND:

9 (4) Look What You Made Me Do <G>
26 (9) ...Ready For It?
innocenteyes
Legend

Postby Britneysdream » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:44 am

So happy they discounted look what you made me do!
Britneysdream
Roadie

Postby borderwolf » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:46 pm

U.K.
B.P.I.

.@taylorswift13 has scored a Silver cert for 'Look What You Made Me Do', the lead single from her upcoming LP 'Reputation'!
Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll
borderwolf
Legend

Postby marcsgirl85 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Look What You Made Me Do went silver in the UK this week
"the love of a mothers life is her child/children"
marcsgirl85
Manager

Return to Artist Chart Analysis