Taylor Swift :: The "Reputation" Era

Moderators: kingofskiffle, stevyy

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:09 pm

cabanaboy wrote:I feel like holding this from Apple Music was a mistake. Yes she will still sell bucket loads by at least an Apple Music exclusive would have blown up the numbers even more.
No doubt. However, there has to be a game plan for the weeks to come. If she can sell, say 2m, in week one without any streaming, it makes sense to me to withhold streaming until she needs the streaming assistance.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:09 pm

SO if it sold 800k in an hour (I guess counting the 400k form per orders too).....what are the chances of it selling a million in the first full day alone? :o
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:10 pm

JJeffs wrote:
cabanaboy wrote:I feel like holding this from Apple Music was a mistake. Yes she will still sell bucket loads by at least an Apple Music exclusive would have blown up the numbers even more.
No doubt. However, there has to be a game plan for the weeks to come. If she can sell, say 2m, in week one without any streaming, it makes sense to me to withhold streaming until she needs the streaming assistance.
Exactly, the second week will also be very big with streamings :D ....remember how much 1989 was streamed when it got released on Spotify not too long ago, years after it was originally released :o
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:14 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
JJeffs wrote:
Exactly, the second week will also be very big with streamings :D ....remember how much 1989 was streamed when it got released on Spotify not too long ago, years after it was originally released :o
I wonder if it'll stream next week, or if they'll do the ticket bundle instead and keep streaming for another week? So many cards could be played in so many different ways, it's masterful.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:16 pm

MusicRecords wrote:SO if it sold 800k in an hour (I guess counting the 400k form per orders too).....what are the chances of it selling a million in the first full day alone? :o
billboard will definitely make it official when the album will pass 1m units
they did it with 25
Grammy for the Album of the Year goes to BEYONCÉ
and now you should probably wake up
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:18 pm

JJeffs wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:
JJeffs wrote:
I wonder if it'll stream next week, or if they'll do the ticket bundle instead and keep streaming for another week? So many cards could be played in so many different ways, it's masterful.
they promised it'll be away from streaming just for 1 week
it would effect her streaming if she doesn't put on streaming in its 2nd week
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:18 pm

^ Oh, I didn't know they promised it. Source?
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby Biebz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Loads of stores in the UK haven’t received their shipments for the album. I couldn’t even buy it today :roll: First day sales in the UK won’t be very impressive
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:21 pm

The album release was adapted to each country's time zone or so I heard so I guess it's not out in a few countries.
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:22 pm

Biebz wrote:Loads of stores in the UK haven’t received their shipments for the album. I couldn’t even buy it today :roll: First day sales in the UK won’t be very impressive
Any idea when they will be available in stores? :o
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:23 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:The album release was adapted to each country's time zone or so I heard so I guess it's not out in a few countries.
I thought it was released everywhere at the same time according to eastern time in the US...
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Britneysdream » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Tbh I don't expect big numbers in the uk I would say around 50k to 70k which is great, and hopefully will be surprised
Britneysdream
Groupie

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:24 pm

JJeffs wrote:^ Oh, I didn't know they promised it. Source?
https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/7/16620666/taylor-swift-reputation-album-not-streaming-spotify-apple-music
https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/07/taylor-swift-reputation-streaming/
google TAYLOR SWIFT REPUTATION SPOTIFY
i don't know if it's official or not but it was all over the Internet
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:26 pm

Britneysdream wrote:Tbh I don't expect big numbers in the uk I would say around 50k to 70k which is great, and hopefully will be surprised
I'm fine as long as she gets the #1 :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:29 pm

BlankSpace wrote:
https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/7/16620666/taylor-swift-reputation-album-not-streaming-spotify-apple-music
I may have missed it, but I don't think either article said anything more than it wouldn't be available during the 1st week (the one even said "at least"). So I'm not sold on it being available next week, or even the week after. Who knows what their plan is, but they're in a good position to withhold it until they need it.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby BlankSpace » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:29 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
Britneysdream wrote:Tbh I don't expect big numbers in the uk I would say around 50k to 70k which is great, and hopefully will be surprised
I'm fine as long as she gets the #1 :lol:
1989 did 90k
pink did 73k
i hope she does 70k+
Good Morning
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:31 pm

JJeffs wrote:
BlankSpace wrote:
I may have missed it, but I don't think either article said anything more than it wouldn't be available during the 1st week (the one even said "at least"). So I'm not sold on it being available next week, or even the week after. Who knows what their plan is, but they're in a good position to withhold it until they need it.
Well I hope it's available next week but yes they might just back it up until they feel the need for SPS to help out :lol: but even if they did a ticket bundle next week it would still be hugeeee but who knows

So is the Eminem team really holding back because they dont want to risk Taylor possibly blocking him? :lol: I don't think she will but with a ticket bundle and streaming she has a chance...
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Looking back, 1989 sold about 90k in week 1. Based on how this is rolling out so far today, I think it could match 90k or even exceed it, being the anticipated pop follow-up that it is, but maybe you know something I don't. What has you thinking it'll do 50-70k given 1989's 90k?
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:39 pm

JJeffs wrote:
Looking back, 1989 sold about 90k in week 1. Based on how this is rolling out so far today, I think it could match 90k or even exceed it, being the anticipated pop follow-up that it is, but maybe you know something I don't. What has you thinking it'll do 50-70k given 1989's 90k?
It won’t reach it if the album shipments don’t get there in time :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby Biebz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:56 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
Biebz wrote:Loads of stores in the UK haven’t received their shipments for the album. I couldn’t even buy it today :roll: First day sales in the UK won’t be very impressive
Any idea when they will be available in stores? :o
Tomorrow so its not a massive deal but she still probably lost out on quite a few sales. I'll be surprised if the first day figures are higher than 1989 (47k)
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby ForgottenHero » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:14 pm

Its going on there eventually i dont see the issue with holding it off.

I think it could do 90k in UK , i think big first week sales pretty much everywhere.
ForgottenHero
Personal Assistant

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Here in Portugal they had very few copies on stores, I asked about the magazine edition and they informed me it all sold out in few hours :o
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:31 pm

I was hoping to buy the digital album on Amazon, but I only see the singles. Apparently it's only available via iTunes, digitally, for now?
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby jpguy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Wait what? It's not even up in Google music store and other digital outlets for purchase? Eewwww what is she doing????
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby Biebz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:34 pm

UK OCC:

29 (NEW) 1 Call It What You Want
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Return to Artist Chart Analysis