Taylor Swift :: The "Reputation" Era

Moderators: kingofskiffle, stevyy

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:38 pm

jpguy wrote:Wait what? It's not even up in Google music store and other digital outlets for purchase? Eewwww what is she doing????
Seems like an Apple exclusive for now. She clearly REALLY wants people to buy the CD and/or the magazines. I'm sure she also got a nice chunk of change or something out of the exclusive iTunes deal.

I'm an Apple guy, with every device imaginable, so I use iTunes on my desktop... but I prefer to buy digital albums from Amazon. No big deal, but it caught me off guard.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby Yoshie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:39 pm

Biebz wrote:Loads of stores in the UK haven’t received their shipments for the album. I couldn’t even buy it today :roll: First day sales in the UK won’t be very impressive
A mess. My HMV in Sunderland had two massive empty sections where stock of the album was obviously supposed to be. I had to pick up the album from Tesco instead.

I think she'll have to settle for #2 in the UK. It was a good move for Sam Smith and his label to arrange his BBC special so that the effect would help his second week sales, but the effect alongside stocking issues will hurt Taylor.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Biebz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Yoshie wrote:
Biebz wrote:Loads of stores in the UK haven’t received their shipments for the album. I couldn’t even buy it today :roll: First day sales in the UK won’t be very impressive
A mess. My HMV in Sunderland had two massive empty sections where stock of the album was obviously supposed to be. I had to pick up the album from Tesco instead.
That was the same store I checked :lol:
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Yoshie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:44 pm

Biebz wrote:That was the same store I checked :lol:
In Sunderland? I wondered whether you might have checked Newcastle's HMV where you usually shop. I did consider an alternative when I saw the empty shelves: that she was defying expectations and selling at a ridiculously quick pace, but I thought that was unrealistic. :lol: :(
Yoshie
Legend

Postby revel8 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:45 pm

I picked up the CD in a Tesco's in Manchester! This album is fire! :D
'Heartbreak is a National Anthem, We sing it proudly.'
revel8
Manager

Postby Biebz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Yoshie wrote:
In Sunderland? I wondered whether you might have checked Newcastle's HMV where you usually shop. I did consider an alternative when I saw the empty shelves: that she was defying expectations and selling at a ridiculously quick pace, but I thought that was unrealistic. :lol: :(
I used to check Newcastle while I was at Uni but I've graduated now so I'm not in Newcastle as often :lol: I saw a tweet about them having the CD but no idea about the magazine (which is what I want)
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby ForgottenHero » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Yoshie wrote:

I think she'll have to settle for #2 in the UK. It was a good move for Sam Smith and his label to arrange his BBC special so that the effect would help his second week sales, but the effect alongside stocking issues will hurt Taylor.
How much is sam expected to do ? i think taylor will do 90k
ForgottenHero
Personal Assistant

Postby revel8 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Biebz wrote:
Yoshie wrote:
I used to check Newcastle while I was at Uni but I've graduated now so I'm not in Newcastle as often :lol: I saw a tweet about them having the CD but no idea about the magazine (which is what I want)
You can get the magazine versions on Amazon UK, if you cannot find them in a store.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reputation-1-T ... ylor+swift
'Heartbreak is a National Anthem, We sing it proudly.'
revel8
Manager

Postby Yoshie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:56 pm

ForgottenHero wrote:How much is sam expected to do ? i think taylor will do 90k
Sam has sold just shy of 100k this week, and after his BBC special yesterday night I wouldn't be surprised if he sold a similar amount next week, or at the very least poised a much smaller decrease than your average second week decrease.

I can't see reputation. outselling 1989's first week total, which was 90k. Red sold 61k in its opening week, and I think reputation. will meet the two halfway. I'm expecting around 75k, but the stock issues may cost her sales.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:13 pm

^oh no :(
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:17 pm

Aside from stock issues, which I think will be resolved and be a non-issue, I'd be surprised to see this not to meet or exceed 1989's opening numbers in the UK.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby jpguy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:29 pm

JJeffs wrote:
jpguy wrote:Wait what? It's not even up in Google music store and other digital outlets for purchase? Eewwww what is she doing????
Seems like an Apple exclusive for now. She clearly REALLY wants people to buy the CD and/or the magazines. I'm sure she also got a nice chunk of change or something out of the exclusive iTunes deal.

I'm an Apple guy, with every device imaginable, so I use iTunes on my desktop... but I prefer to buy digital albums from Amazon. No big deal, but it caught me off guard.
I am not downloading iTunes for her. She's lost me here. Why doesn't she care about her fans reaching out to her. I didn't care about her other gimmicks but this...
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:32 pm

jpguy wrote:
JJeffs wrote:

I am not downloading iTunes for her. She's lost me here. Why doesn't she care about her fans reaching out to her. I didn't care about her other gimmicks but this...
It's all marketing :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:44 pm

jpguy wrote:
JJeffs wrote:

I understand your frustration. I'm personally ok with downloading from iTunes when needed - for me it's just a preference to download mp3 from Amazon. For someone I really like, I guess I'm not opposed to buying the physical and converting it to mp3 for a few more dollars, either. But that's just me. I have access to listen to this album via a friend for right now, so I'll just wait to purchase it until it's on Amazon.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Just wait til second week :lol:
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:50 pm

^ Which I'm sure is part of the plan. I don't want to speak on behalf of anyone else, but if I want something I'm going to get it, even if I have to wait.

I'm sure there's some plans with Apple as part of an exclusive digital deal this week. There's a reason for everything.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:53 pm

JJeffs wrote:^ Which I'm sure is part of the plan. I don't want to speak on behalf of anyone else, but if I want something I'm going to get it, even if I have to wait.

I'm sure there's some plans with Apple as part of an exclusive digital deal this week. There's a reason for everything.
but whats wrong with downloading it from iTunes?
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby ForgottenHero » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Yoshie wrote:
ForgottenHero wrote:How much is sam expected to do ? i think taylor will do 90k
Sam has sold just shy of 100k this week, and after his BBC special yesterday night I wouldn't be surprised if he sold a similar amount next week, or at the very least poised a much smaller decrease than your average second week decrease.

I can't see reputation. outselling 1989's first week total, which was 90k. Red sold 61k in its opening week, and I think reputation. will meet the two halfway. I'm expecting around 75k, but the stock issues may cost her sales.
I mean i expect big first week due to the fans she gained last era.
ForgottenHero
Personal Assistant

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:08 pm

MusicRecords wrote:
JJeffs wrote:^ Which I'm sure is part of the plan. I don't want to speak on behalf of anyone else, but if I want something I'm going to get it, even if I have to wait.

Nothing is wrong with it. Amazon is just a preference because I'm a Prime member and it all goes on one Amazon Prime credit card which I get points on for making Amazon purchases.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:10 pm

JJeffs wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:

Nothing is wrong with it. Amazon is just a preference because I'm a Prime member and it all goes on one Amazon Prime credit card which I get points on for making Amazon purchases.
ah makes sense 8-)
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:10 pm

I was just thinking about another angle to the no streaming scenario- - her deal with iHeart radio to air all the songs exclusively today. With a deal like this, there's almost certainly going to be very large kickback to Taylor, probably in the form of a lot of guaranteed radio spins of her singles.

There's a reason for everything, and usually more than one.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby ForgottenHero » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:36 pm

If your a fan why would you cry about streaming , buy it from itunes or amazon its not exactly hard.
ForgottenHero
Personal Assistant

Postby JJeffs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:44 pm

ForgottenHero wrote:If your a fan why would you cry about streaming , buy it from itunes or amazon its not exactly hard.
I think for some, they pay for monthly streaming for all their music rather than buying downloads and so it's frustrating, perhaps. Limited budgets for things can come into play, too, I suppose.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:58 pm

She went to #1 on iTunes in 105 counties (out of 119)

She has 3 songs charting inside the Top 15 selling an estimated 17k units combined (for today only).
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby MusicRecords » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Im glad RFI is back in the Top 10 on iTunes, deserves success!
MusicRecords
Superstar

Return to Artist Chart Analysis