Christina Aguilera :: The "Liberation" Era

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho, stevyy

Postby GetBack » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:18 pm

I feel like she abandoned the promo already! There has been no Instagram post or whatsoever for a couple of days now! :roll: :roll:
GetBack
Legend

Postby Lament » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Apparently Like I Do is played in Australia and Switzerland. It had a lyric video so perhaps they're trying to push it. The only way to make it more visible is to release a music video though, so I hope she shoots one
Lament
Personal Assistant

Postby GetBack » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:38 pm

I don't think it's that difficult to shoot music videos especially in this day and age. If Fergie was able to do it for all songs in an already leaked album, why can't Christina for at least five songs? :-? :-?
GetBack
Legend

Postby Floormachine » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:59 pm

GetBack wrote:I don't think it's that difficult to shoot music videos especially in this day and age. If Fergie was able to do it for all songs in an already leaked album, why can't Christina for at least five songs? :-? :-?
That reliable PJ insider said theres another video coming soon. She should space them out instead of multiple videos at the same time.
Floormachine
Groupie

Postby Bojan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:57 pm

GetBack wrote:I don't think it's that difficult to shoot music videos especially in this day and age. If Fergie was able to do it for all songs in an already leaked album, why can't Christina for at least five songs? :-? :-?
It's more about creativity than the budget today. Some indie artists have great videos despite usually getting only several hundreds of views. If it pays off to them than it would pay off to megastars as Aguilera too.
JanetShe is literally, every artist's favorite artist. She is forever trending. We are living in a Janet Nation. Every day we feel her impact.
Bojan
Manager

Postby adriano » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Christina Aguilera, like Nas, is also back in the top 10 after a long absence. Her new album, Liberation, bows at No. 6 with 68,000 units (62,000 in album sales), granting the pop diva her seventh top 10 effort. She last debuted on the tally with 2012’s Lotus, which debuted and peaked at No. 7.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... ce=twitter
Last edited by adriano on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour live in Turin (Nov. 21 - Sold Out)
adriano
Superstar

Postby Britneysdream » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Do we have any idea what her second week numbers will look like?
Britneysdream
Roadie

Postby thebigham » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:05 am

^Not good. 18-20k SPS?
thebigham
Legend

Postby GetBack » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:07 am

Considering the singles did not enter the Hot 100, a Top 3 debut accounting only pure sales is not bad, and she was only short of less than 10K to be #2. It's already an achievement!
GetBack
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:27 am

Considering how she’s been knowhere with no single out there since Liberation was released this crossing 100k in America will be an achievement.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby brainmaniac » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:39 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:Considering how she’s been knowhere with no single out there since Liberation was released this crossing 100k in America will be an achievement.
see i would give anything for this album to set the charts on fire but i cant see her selling 40k more without any hits..im scared she will drop much next week. where is the promo? :roll: where is she!?!? :roll: i want this masterpiece to go gold

i hate rca! and i hate spotify for not supporting her :roll:
brainmaniac
Groupie

Postby Ewokguy15 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:46 am

brainmaniac wrote:
Ewokguy15 wrote:Considering how she’s been knowhere with no single out there since Liberation was released this crossing 100k in America will be an achievement.
see i would give anything for this album to set the charts on fire but i cant see her selling 40k more without any hits..im scared she will drop much next week. where is the promo? :roll: where is she!?!? :roll: i want this masterpiece to go gold

She could be out there visiting big radio stations and meeting fans but she doesn’t want to so you can’t really blame RCA and Spotify.

I’ve come to terms with the fact she just happy staying in L.A and releasing an album here and there, doing the odd local performance.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby GetBack » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:12 am

I can't believe she didn't perform at the MTV Movie Awards! She performed to open her eras for Back to Basics and Bionic. I can't believe her management let that opportunity pass. Also, she should have performed in the all-new TRL, she was only interviewed and some dancers gave her a tribute. She should have went all out at least for the first month of the album release date. :roll: :roll:
GetBack
Legend

Postby nympho » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:48 am

thebigham wrote:^Not good. 18-20k SPS?
That would mean a 70% 2nd week drop… and I guess it's going to be bigger than that.

It was always going to be very frontloaded, but on top of that she had a ticket bundle.

It's #79 on iTunes US right now…

I guess there will be people still redeeming their copies, so maybe the ticket bundle still helps with a few k this week, but I can't see this selling more than 10k SPS this week. (85% drop)
nympho
Superstar

Postby jjavier1978 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:56 am

Greece

22 (NEW) 01 Liberation
Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.
jjavier1978
Legend

Postby Westen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:58 am

nympho wrote:
thebigham wrote:^Not good. 18-20k SPS?
That would mean a 70% 2nd week drop… and I guess it's going to be bigger than that.

It was always going to be very frontloaded, but on top of that she had a ticket bundle.

It's #79 on iTunes US right now…

I guess there will be people still redeeming their copies, so maybe the ticket bundle still helps with a few k this week, but I can't see this selling more than 10k SPS this week. (85% drop)
I think I read somewhere that ticket bundle lasted during first week only
Westen
Legend

Postby jjavier1978 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:01 pm

Canada

Christina Aguilera’s Liberation lands at 5, ranking as her highest charting album since 2010’s Bionic peaked at 3 in 2010.
https://www.fyimusicnews.ca/articles/20 ... -catalogue
jjavier1978
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:03 pm

Nice debut in Canada

Annoying the two surprises happened this week

3 in Canada and 4 in America would have been nice.
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby nympho » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:13 pm

nympho wrote:FRANCE (Sales)
#47 (New) Liberation

996 copies.

The main chart (sales + streaming) on Monday.
But it will be even worse...
FRANCE
59 (New) Liberation
nympho
Superstar

Postby BodyShop » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:29 pm

brainmaniac wrote:see i would give anything for this album to set the charts on fire but i cant see her selling 40k more without any hits..im scared she will drop much next week. where is the promo? :roll: where is she!?!? :roll: i want this masterpiece to go gold

It's trully a mistery to me how can you 'hate' everybody but her (not that you should,but I'm inly using the same word as you).
It's her album and it's obvious,at this point,that she doesn't really care.
It's not everybody else's fault ,it's her fault as well.
BodyShop
Manager

Postby cindycgy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:50 pm

MOD EDIT

Refrain from posting off topic and disgusting comments in a chart analysis thread if you don’t want to receive a formal warning like the one cindycgy just received
cindycgy
Groupie

Postby Danieru » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:20 pm

cindycgy wrote:They don’t support her simply because she is no longer bankable. Let’s not pretend that we don’t know what the real issues here. She’s getting older and bigger. Her voice and music are subpar compared to what they used to be. Her fashion sense is horrendous. Can she hit the gym and stop growling and grunting? It makes listening to her a so painful.
How about we don't fat-shame and body-shame people? This isn't Chart Analysis.
Danieru
Groupie

Postby JeyBeMust » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:26 pm

cindycgy wrote:They don’t support her simply because she is no longer bankable. Let’s not pretend that we don’t know what the real issues here. She’s getting older and bigger. Her voice and music are subpar compared to what they used to be. Her fashion sense is horrendous. Can she hit the gym and stop growling and grunting? It makes listening to her a so painful.
Delete this. Your opinion is invalid the moment you started to attack her body, this is 2018 and comments like yours is why young people have eating disorders.

Also this is chart analysis, as Danieru pointed before. :roll:
JeyBeMust
Superstar

Postby Lament » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:27 pm

jjavier1978 wrote:
Canada

Christina Aguilera’s Liberation lands at 5, ranking as her highest charting album since 2010’s Bionic peaked at 3 in 2010.
How many copies does #5 usually sell in Canada ? :)
Lament
Personal Assistant

Postby jjavier1978 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Lament wrote:
jjavier1978 wrote:
Canada

How many copies does #5 usually sell in Canada ? :)
2,000 I think!
jjavier1978
Legend

Return to Artist Chart Analysis