ABBA :: Charts & Sales History

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

Postby zeus555 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:37 pm

Simon Cowell has invited Benny and Bjorn to help to 'coach' Contestants on 'The X Factor'. They will appear
in a forthcoming 'Mamma Mia!' Week on the Show. It will be in late November. To tie-in with the DVD of
'Mamma Mia! 2' being released in the UK etc.

LINK:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7 ... -x-factor/

'The X Factor' has lost a lot of viewers in recent Years and Simon Cowell is trying to find ways to get the UK Public
interested in it again.

Some of the Articles about Benny and Bjorn appearing on it, are saying that they are going on it due to the BBC
'dropping' the 2 Hour ABBA TV Special, that was to be shown Globally in December.

That is not true. The TV Special is a USA - NBC and UK - BBC 'Project'. It has not been cancelled. It has been delayed.
The 2 situations are not the same at all. The BBC - and NBC - still want to show the ABBA Special. The idea that the BBC
has lost interest in it, is totally untrue.

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby Benny » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:10 pm

B & B shouldn't have started working with Simon Cowell IMO. It hurts a bit their credibility.
Benny
Legend

Postby zeus555 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:26 pm

Benny -- I dislike both Simon Cowell and 'The X Factor'. However, Bjorn has been on it before. He was
on it a few Years ago, to 'coach' some of the Contestants.

Incidentally, Simon Cowell really has a rather narrow taste in Music. He has admitted in the past that
he dislikes 'Guitar Bands'. So, we can safely say that he'd have voted against The Beatles and Rolling
Stones, had they ever been on 'The X Factor'. He also dislikes anything 'quirky', (too 'different'), and
he has said in the past that he never 'got', (understood), either David Bowie or Kate Bush.

Had ABBA ever been on the Show, I'm sure that he'd have said that only Agnetha and Frida were any
good. That they should 'Get rid of the 2 guys', and he'd 'fix the ladies up', with 'talented song writers'.

I think that it is truly awful that someone like that has had such power in the UK and Global Music Industry.
Thank goodness his power is far weaker than it used to be...

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:06 pm

ABBA were last in the UK Singles Chart in 2008, when 'Mamma Mia' reached No.56 and 'Dancing Queen'
was a No.82 Hit. In both cases, it was due to the impact of the 1st 'Mamma Mia!' Film.

ABBA can still have UK and International Singles Hits, despite a lack of Streaming, usually holding
back the chances for 'old' Acts to have such Hits.

All that ABBA have to do is to record a brand New Christmas Song and they will re-enter the World's
Singles Charts every December - easily.
Because 'Old' Acts even get loads of Streaming, when it comes
to Christmas Songs. Which is why Mariah Carey, Wham!, Boney M, Wizzard etc. re-enter the UK Singles Chart
every Christmas. ABBA never do. They recorded no Christmas Songs. 'Happy New Year' is never a December or
January Hit in any English speaking Country. It is only about one Day, and it does not hold enough 'Seasonal'
interest to be a Hit. (However, it can still be a Hit in various non-English speaking Countries, such as Sweden,
Germany, Norway and The Netherlands).

'HAPPY NEW YEAR'/'FELICIDAD' WHITE 7 INCH VINYL EDITION - SOLD OUT

I've read that all 3,000 World copies of the White Vinyl 'Happy New Year'/'Felicidad', are already
'Sold Out'. With copies already being 'Pre-Sold' on Ebay for as much as £90...

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:44 am

Cher has 'Tweeted' that these ABBA Songs may be on a 2nd Covers Album.

I've noticed that she cannot always spell some ABBA Titles. (She may get them
right at other times).

I presume that the !?!?!? means that she is unsure of Track 10. (She should really
'get' with Modern Marketing and record 2 versions of her ABBA Albums. One with
10 Tracks and a 'Deluxe' version with 12 to 14 Tracks. This enhances Sales...).

Notice that the Track Lists of the 1st and, (maybe), 2nd Album, are all from
the 2 'Mamma Mia!' Films. The only one not is 'Rock Me', so she does seem
aware of at least one ABBA Song that has Zero to do with the Films. At one
stage she also said that 'My Love, My Life' would be on a 2nd ABBA Album
- if she recorded one.

If I was going to do 'ABBA 2':

Take a Chance On Me

Super Trooper

Money Money Money

I do I do I do

Honey Honey

I Have a Dream

Vousez vous

Does your mother Know

Rock me

⁉️⁉️⁉️

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby Benny » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:05 pm

zeus555 wrote:Cher has 'Tweeted' that these ABBA Songs may be on a 2nd Covers Album.

I've noticed that she cannot always spell some ABBA Titles. (She may get them
right at other times).
She already misspelled a title when she tweeted the ABBA songs for the first covers album.
Benny
Legend

Postby StephenN17 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:35 pm

zeus555 wrote:I've noticed that she cannot always spell some ABBA Titles. (She may get them
right at other times).
Zeus555
She's dyslexic, that's why she gets some spellings wrong.
StephenN17
Manager

Postby zeus555 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 pm

The Queen Film is already a bigger Hit than 'Mamma Mia! 2'.

The 'ABBA' Film has taken just under $400 Million - Worldwide - since July. The Queen Film has already
gone past $400 Million and it was only released, in most Countries, in late October and the USA on the 2nd
of November. So it has beaten 'Mamma Mia! 2' in just 1 Month.

We will see if it can reach the $600 Million of the 1st 'Mamma Mia!' Film.

Incidentally, a UK Poll Organisation - YouGov - has done a big UK Survey, of which Groups, the Population
have the most positive and friendly attitude towards. The Top 4 were as follows:

1)... Queen -- 80%

2)... ABBA -- 78%

3)... The Beatles -- 73%

4)... Rolling Stones -- 61%

Freddie Mercury was also Voted the Top Solo Act - 76%.

I do wish that Benny and Bjorn would take better advantage of ABBA's UK popularity, than simply relying on
Films and 'Events, connected with 'Mamma Mia! all the time...

They could team up with Disney and do a huge, spectacular Fantasy Cartoon, with ABBA's original Songs as
the Soundtrack. That would do away with both the awful cover versions and the reliance on the rather weak
'Mamma Mia! Films. A 'Mamma Mia! 3' is not needed, but that does not mean that ABBA's original recordings
cannot be used in a really terrific Cartoon Film.

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby Benny » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:22 pm

UK Albums Chart

24 (21) OST MM 2
44 (39) ABBA Gold
52 (54) OST MM
67 (47) Cher - DQ
Benny
Legend

Postby zeus555 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:37 am

ABBA SONGS ON 'THE X FACTOR'

I didn't watch it, but apparently they only used ABBA Songs for some kind of 10 Minute Medley.

The ABBA Section was in the 2nd half of Saturday's Show. There was no ABBA in the first half.
(This would have been a Simon Cowell trick, to get viewers tuning in to the end of the Show).

The ABBA Songs used were - 'I Have A Dream', 'Thank You For The Music', 'S.O.S.', 'Money, Money, Money',
'The Name Of The Game' and 'The Winner Takes It All'.

The Female Duo sang 'Money, Money, Money' - with a Rap! A lot of viewers were very unhappy
about that. They went on Twitter to ask why Benny and Bjorn were allowing 'The X Factor' to ruin
their Songs.

Bjorn's facial expressions showed that he was not at all impressed with how the Show handled
the ABBA Songs.

WE MAY NOT GET THE NEW ABBA SONGS UNTIL SUMMER 2019...

On Sunday, (24th), Bjorn appeared on Andrew Marr's Political program, on BBC 1.

This is from an Article about it:

Next year ABBA are expected to go back on tour as holograms, which will see them appear as they did in 1979.

Among other things Bjorn said:

Bjorn teased: “We've written a new song and recorded that and this will be sung by those digital twins.

“It's been delayed. It was supposed to be released this autumn, but it will probably be in the beginning of next summer.”

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

So, all of a sudden, he only talks as if there is 1 New Song - not 2. Also, that the Song has been pushed back from next
Spring - to next Summer...

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby Benny » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:38 pm

zeus555 wrote:ABBA SONGS ON 'THE X FACTOR'

I didn't watch it, but apparently they only used ABBA Songs for some kind of 10 Minute Medley.

The ABBA Section was in the 2nd half of Saturday's Show. There was no ABBA in the first half.
(This would have been a Simon Cowell trick, to get viewers tuning in to the end of the Show).

The ABBA Songs used were - 'I Have A Dream', 'Thank You For The Music', 'S.O.S.', 'Money, Money, Money',
'The Name Of The Game' and 'The Winner Takes It All'.

The Female Duo sang 'Money, Money, Money' - with a Rap! A lot of viewers were very unhappy
about that. They went on Twitter to ask why Benny and Bjorn were allowing 'The X Factor' to ruin
their Songs.

Bjorn's facial expressions showed that he was not at all impressed with how the Show handled
the ABBA Songs.
I watched it. They showed a clip during which Benny rehearsed the songs with the X Factor candidates. He was very nice to them. The candidates then performed a medley of ABBA songs, which was like a karaoke party. I didn't mind the rap in 'Money Money Money'. Björn was sitting among the judges of the show - Simon Cowell, Robbie Williams, Louis from One Direction and a woman that I didn't know. Lily James and two of the young male actors from MM2 were in the audience. Björn was asked how he liked the performances and was very diplomatic in his answer, saying that the candidates were all very talented and that they put their personalities in every song.
Benny
Legend

Postby zeus555 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:53 pm

The Queen Film has now taken almost $500 Million Globally. So, it is not far from the $600+ Million
that the 1st 'Mamma Mia!' Film took...

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby zeus555 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Today there was a growing 'Media Fuss' in the UK, because ABBA have opened a Twitter Account.
The Media - and some Fans - think that ABBA are to make 'An Announcement' about a 2019 Tour.
Of course, ABBA have no intentions of Touring. If it happens, it will be The 'ABBAtars'. Not the 'Real'
ABBA, at all.

However - Could it be a forthcoming ABBA Album?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... tdown.html

Bjorn has now repeated that we will not get any New Songs until 'Early Summer 2019'.

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby Benny » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:00 pm

The 'Mamma Mia 2' DVD features the deleted scene of 'I Wonder' and extended scenes of 'Knowing Me, Knowing You' and 'The Name of the Game'. All three scenes can also be found on YouTube:

I Wonder
KMKY
TNOTG
Benny
Legend

Postby zeus555 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:54 pm

Cher has confirmed that she will record a 2nd ABBA covers Album in 2019.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-ne ... 19__24892/

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby OutlawTorn » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:22 pm

The Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again: The Movie soundtrack has been added.

Certifications found in 2 countries for now (New Zealand and UK):

https://popularalbums.blogspot.com/p/20 ... again.html
(https://popularalbums.blogspot.be/p/news-updates.html)
+
https://twitter.com/popularalbums/statu ... 2052151296
https://popularalbums.blogspot.be -> 298 albums and counting...
FOLLOW ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/popularalbums
OutlawTorn
Personal Assistant

Postby zeus555 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:11 pm

ABBA told us about the New Songs far too early. it was a huge error of judgement. It was all tied into the 'ABBAtars'
Tour starting and being a success. However, they cannot get the 'ABBAtars' working properly, so we now end up with
delay after delay. We cannot hear the New Songs and the 2 Hour TV Special is also delayed.

By the time ABBA finally give us the New Songs - if ever - they will be very old to ABBA, as they recorded them in June
2017. Which means that that the recordings are already 18 Months old - with even more delays to add to that.

I've never known ABBA to be so confused and chaotic about their plans and intentions. It makes it look like they no longer
know what they are doing. That they are very disorganised.

I was wondering - last night - if they might 'Premier' one of the New Songs at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest - using
the 'ABBAtars' to mime to it. The 'ABBAtars' need not even be on stage. They could be seen in a Video, 'singing' the Song.
ABBA may decide to do that, if they realise that the 'ABBAtars' Tour is going to be delayed for several more Months...

I was hoping that ABBA would use the delays to record a New Album, but that may be far too optimistic.

By announcing the New Songs far too soon, and then delaying them, ABBA have made a great risk of alienating a lot
of their Fans. For a start, I've read many Fan Posts on YouTube, where they say that they think that the 'ABBAtars'
idea is stupid. That they have no intentions of paying 'good money' to see Holograms, when the 4 Members of ABBA
are still alive. They'd rather see the 'Real' ABBA on Tour. If they can't have that, then they certainly won't be going
to see the 'ABBAtars'.

Many ABBA Fans want ABBA to give up the 'ABBAtars' Tour completely, and to just record a New Album. They'd rather
have that, than endless delays of a 'Project' that is of Zero interest to them...The 'ABBAtars' could be used in Promo
Videos, for New Songs, but the Tour idea is a huge mistake.

When I mentioned the negative YouTube Posts in an Email, I had some Fans practically accusing me of lying. They said that
they had not seen any anti-'ABBAtars' Posts, and they wanted to know where I'd seen them. This is because those Fans see
the 'ABBAtars' as a 'fantastic' idea, and they cannot imagine any Fans thinking they are a 'bad' idea...

Some Fans think that I try to cause trouble for ABBA. This is not so. I love ABBA and I never stop thanking them for making
my life better, with their Music. I just do not want the 'ABBAtars' 'Project' to be a huge disaster and flop, with the entire World's
Media watching - and commenting on how ABBA 'Got it terribly wrong'. I do not want ABBA to have such humiliation...

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby Benny » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:56 pm

They could release the first of the 2 songs now (or in early 2019) and the second song when the ABBAtars are ready.
Benny
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:45 pm

God! This wait is killing me :(
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby Nameless » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Do you think ABBA are having doubts about the 'new' songs?

Remember, they weren't announced until April - 10 months after being recorded and were apparently still unfinished.

Yes, seems to be consensus about ABBAtars. What a crap idea!
Nameless
Roadie

Postby Benny » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:00 pm

'Mamma Mia' has charted in the UK in 5 different versions:

1) The original version by ABBA (peak: #1)
2) As part of the 'Thank ABBA for the Music' medley which was performed at the Brit Awards in 1999 (peak: #4)
3) The remake by A-Teens (peak: #12)
4) The remake by Meryl Streep from the first MM movie (peak: #96)
5) The remake by Lily James from the second MM movie (peak: #57)

Benny
Legend

Postby Debs_Wild » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Benny wrote:... and a woman that I didn't know.
That was Robbie's wife. They are both judges.
Debs_Wild
Manager

Postby zeus555 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:20 pm

Ever since ABBA said they'd recorded 2 New Songs, ABBA Fans have speculated about what they may do with them.
How they'd release and promote them etc.

There are also various views on what different Fans would like ABBA to do. I'd like them to just use The 'ABBAtars' to
promote their New Songs in Videos. I cannot see the 'Tour' being a huge success, as I've seen a lot of Fans saying that
they regard such a 'Show' as a 'Con' and a 'Rip Off', because it is not going to be the 'Real' ABBA on Stage. Those Fans
have no intentions of paying money to see what they regard as a farce and a swindle. As such, there is a big divide,
between those Fans who will go to see The 'ABBAtars' and those who will ignore them completely.

A lot of Fans do not understand why 'ABBAtars' should Tour, when all 4 Members of the 'Real' ABBA are still alive. They
feel cheated by such a concept. They really do not care how old ABBA are - they want to see the 'Real' ABBA performing
on Stage. I do not. I know that it would be a disaster and ABBA don't want to do it anyhow. But, I don't want The 'ABBAtars'
Tour either. I think that the 'Touring' idea is a huge error. But, using them in Promo Videos is a good compromise.

Therefore, the 'Tours' will not make as much cash as ABBA & Simon Fuller think, as a lot of Fans will snub it all.

I'd like ABBA to record a New Album. Plus a Christmas Single. ABBA could create a wonderful Christmas Single,
and it would sell again every November to January - to give ABBA a Yearly place in several Countries Singles Charts.
They do not have that place at present. I'd like ABBA to do a Christmas Single, that is as loved as the ones by Wham!
and Mariah Carey. The Wham! one - 'Last Christmas' - is Germany's biggest scoring Hit ever. Mariah's 'All I Want For
Christmas Is You', is in the Top 5 biggest scoring Hits in UK Chart History. ABBA are virtually unknown in the Yearly
Singles Charts, because they never recorded a Christmas Single. I do wish that they'd do one...

I don't expect The 'ABBAtars' to be a big success. Not as an on-going Touring attraction, anyhow. Too many Fans
are against the idea. The Fans who like the idea will not be enough to see it through. It may be a brief success, but
not for very long. The 'Novelty' will wear off very fast...

I do not think that ABBA are having 'trouble' with the New Songs. Benny and Bjorn would never have told us about
them if they'd been inferior, or not quite good enough. I think that the delays are due to ABBA having far more problems
with The 'ABBAtars', than they were expecting. They cannot get them 'right' to act as ABBA did in 1979 - or in any other
Year, for that matter. It is the 'Holograms' that are messing everything up. I wish that ABBA would not tie the release of
the New Songs to such an unstable, untried and unknown group of 'Entities'...ABBA should only have told us about the
New Songs when The 'ABBAtars' were properly 'working'. Now they are delaying things due to not thinking it through.

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Postby OutlawTorn » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:01 am

The Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again soundtrack went GOLD in Poland (10k - http://bestsellery.zpav.pl/wyroznienia/ ... yty/cd.php).

Certifications now found in 3 countries (also in New Zealand and the UK):
https://popularalbums.blogspot.com/p/20 ... again.html
(https://popularalbums.blogspot.be/p/news-updates.html)
+
https://twitter.com/popularalbums/statu ... 9348228101
https://popularalbums.blogspot.be -> 298 albums and counting...
FOLLOW ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/popularalbums
OutlawTorn
Personal Assistant

Postby zeus555 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:52 am

PLEASE NOTE -- Benny has just done a short Video interview. In it he says that the 2 New ABBA Songs are
still not 'mixed' properly. They are 'rough mixes'. He says that 'more vocals' will be added to them - by the
2 ABBA Ladies. As soon as possible. He says that ABBA - 'cannot wait forever' - about these matters.

ABBA were always so careful in their plans. It astonishes me that they announced the 2 New Songs without
finishing them first. As well as the 2 Hour Global TV Special being announced, (for December 2018, and now
for 'Sometime in 2019'), without that even being created.

All of this has created a lot of confusion with ABBA Fans. The more pessimistic Fans are now wondering if the
2 New ABBA Songs will ever be released. As well as thinking that the Global TV Special is never going to be made.

It is really sad and tragic to see such confusion from ABBA after all of these Years.

Some Fans say that there is no use in paying attention to 'The Internet ABBA Fans', who don't want The 'ABBATars'.
They say that such Fans are not representitive of the people who will go to see The 'ABBAtars' Concerts/Tours. That
the 'Project' will be a big success. We will see. I am not Psychic and my doubts about The 'ABBAtars' may be totally
wrong. I would be pleased to be mistaken about the 'Project'. Only time can tell us if ABBA's 'ideas' will be
put into action, and - if they are - if they will succeed. The 'ideas' being the 2, (or more), New ABBA Songs,
the 2 Hour TV Special and The 'ABBAtars' Tour...

Zeus555
zeus555
Superstar

Return to Artist Chart Analysis