Celine Dion :: Charts & Sales History

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho, stevyy

 

Postby mike_z » Wed May 16, 2018 12:06 am

Before the movie release:

Ashes

iTunes:
#4 Estonia
#7 Indonesia
#8 Singapore
#12 Taiwan
#28 Laos
#39 Canada
#43 Malaysia
#52 Norway
#63 United Kingdom
#66 Netherlands
#69 Ireland
#75 Thailand
#93 Denmark
#97 New Zealand
#103 South Africa
#120 Australia
#123 France
#137 Belgium
#166 United States
#174 Switzerland
User avatar
mike_z
Manager
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012

Postby Anewday » Wed May 16, 2018 5:06 am

Wayne wrote:^ "Even her hardcore fanbase don't stream her" - can you explain why she has a billion + streams on Spotify, 1.5 billion streams on her VEVO and many billions more on YouTube? It's not like she's pulling Janet numbers - on streaming, she's about par with Madonna, Mariah (except for Christmas) and Whitney (her peers) and ahead of them all on sales.

I think there's a happy medium here somewhere.
Sorry but you compare with singers of her generation. She is on par with her peers. Good for her.

I was talking about nowdays... 1 billion streams is a lot? lol

Some current singers do more with 2 songs and Céline with her entire discography. lol

When Ashes came out and fans saw her good numbers on Itunes, everybody on her forum was screaming for a hit. It's like they woke up today and see streaming exists... :roll:
Anewday
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007

Postby jeangrey » Wed May 16, 2018 6:38 am

Ashes is #1 for the second week on the Quebec Digital chart and it jumped to #1 on the Radio Chart (#4 last week).
User avatar
jeangrey
Manager
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006
Location: Poland

Postby ferrero » Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 am

Wayne wrote:^ "Even her hardcore fanbase don't stream her" - can you explain why she has a billion + streams on Spotify, 1.5 billion streams on her VEVO and many billions more on YouTube? It's not like she's pulling Janet numbers - on streaming, she's about par with Madonna, Mariah (except for Christmas) and Whitney (her peers) and ahead of them all on sales.

I think there's a happy medium here somewhere.
Did Celine crossed a billion on Spotify? The top 10 albums u posted awhile back barely comes up to 811m. So if she really did, she must have barely done so, and its with e help by having a lot more albums. Mariah, even without the 2 xmas albums would have crossed a billion, and its done with fewer albums.

Anewday is prob right to say her hardcore fans don't stream her because even in her 2 most streamed album, she has quite a few album tracks below 1 million.

She's prob better than Janet, but not on par with Madonna, Mariah and Whitney when it comes to streaming.
User avatar
ferrero
Manager
 
Posts: 2829
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005
Location: 新加坡

Postby Wayne » Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 am

As of April:

Iiketheair wrote:I updated Céline's streams on Spotify and she finally reached the billion streams.

English disc: 830.9 million
French disc: 169.8 million

1.000.743.391
She’s also not “probably” better than Janet - that’s insulting given how rubbish Janet’s streams are. :lol:

And looking at Mariah’s numbers RE: your comment - if you remove her Christmas albums as you requested, she’s barely above a billion. Has anybody tracked Madonna and Whitney’s numbers? I may have made my comment with no basis as I haven’t really seen much on them.

I think the thing to remember is that Celine does phenomenally well on YouTube (according to Insights - which I accept some people question the significance of but it is what it is) and she continues to shift albums in significant quantities - so I accept that streaming isn’t her key strength, but across all mediums collectively, she does well.

Her Spotify is appallingly organised, I wish her label would do some work on it.
User avatar
Wayne
Administrator
 
Posts: 51560
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed May 16, 2018 9:55 am

Anewday wrote:I think Céline Dion's fans are the last ones on earth to get to realize how the music industry has changed (its rules). All is about streaming nowadays and this is not the way Céline's public listens to her music.
I mean...even her hardcore fanbase don't stream her. So why on earth younger people would do it?

I'm 33 and Céline is the oldest singer I listen to . I can't picture anybody in his 20s streaming a 50 year old woman. This generation "issue" along with this new way of consuming music dont help her.

Beside this note, I'm quite surprised AC radios play this song. Here as well , AC music doesn't mean what it used to . I can't really see the adult contemporary vibe in Havana, New Rule or How long. To be honest, all I see on top of AC radio chart is "old" pop songs . I mean... "There's nothing holding me back" still top 5 after 1 year? It looks like some African Itunes chart with poor audiences.
No no no, I'm 23 from China, my top 3 streaming artist is Celine, Barbra and Jay Chou,there's thousands of people whose ages under 30 listening to Barbra in China, much more ones listening to Celine
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★Biggest Box office Actress
★Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011

Postby mike_z » Wed May 16, 2018 11:55 am

20.021.116 views on YouTube
User avatar
mike_z
Manager
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012

Postby thebigham » Wed May 16, 2018 5:47 pm

User avatar
thebigham
Legend
 
Posts: 53725
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005

Postby celinehit » Wed May 16, 2018 6:37 pm

ferrero wrote:
Wayne wrote:^ "Even her hardcore fanbase don't stream her" - can you explain why she has a billion + streams on Spotify, 1.5 billion streams on her VEVO and many billions more on YouTube? It's not like she's pulling Janet numbers - on streaming, she's about par with Madonna, Mariah (except for Christmas) and Whitney (her peers) and ahead of them all on sales.

I think there's a happy medium here somewhere.
Did Celine crossed a billion on Spotify? The top 10 albums u posted awhile back barely comes up to 811m. So if she really did, she must have barely done so, and its with e help by having a lot more albums. Mariah, even without the 2 xmas albums would have crossed a billion, and its done with fewer albums.

Anewday is prob right to say her hardcore fans don't stream her because even in her 2 most streamed album, she has quite a few album tracks below 1 million.

She's prob better than Janet, but not on par with Madonna, Mariah and Whitney when it comes to streaming.
Mariah only has like 1,4b on Spotify, If you remove her christmas album she'd not break the 1b mark, get over it....
Stop acting like she was a streaming monster when her new releases can BARELY get 10m on Spotify and 20m on YouTube, Céline definitely does better with CURRENT music. And Ashes will SOON have more streaming numbers than anything Mariah released in 22 years and will also make Céline surpass Mariah there (even though she has less english stuff) *-*
Image
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by celinehit on Wed May 16, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
celinehit
Groupie
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017

Postby mike_z » Wed May 16, 2018 6:42 pm

#22 (+1) on AC
User avatar
mike_z
Manager
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012

Postby nympho » Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 pm

@celinehit
It's OK to mention other artists if they're brought into conversation and it's on topic, but relax your tone a bit, please.

Or, at least, be a bit more reasonable because some of the things you're posting there...
Do you really think "Ashes" will have more streams than anything Mariah has released in the last 22 years? Really? So you think it's going to surpass 100 million, 80 million, 60 million streams? You might be a bit disappointed then...

Funny the songs you chose to make screencaps of each one of them to prove your theories... You went back to 2010's Up Out My Face or 2012's Triumphant but totally skipped #Beautiful from 2013... I wonder why... But then you only picked 3 Celine songs, her only 3 songs released in the last 10 years to surpass 10 million streams.

You're saying Mariah's streaming numbers (Xmas music aside) are bad because her latest releases "BARELY reach 10 million on Spotify", while "Céline definitely does better with CURRENT music... While reality is her biggest song on Spotify released in the last 10 years has 18 million streams.

-How does a moment last forever - 18.5 million
-Encore un soir: 10.7 million (album+radio version)
-Recovering: 3.1 million
-The Show Must Go On: 3.8 million
-Loved Me Back to Life: 13.7 million

-The Star - 3 million
-I Don't - 10.1 million (solo + remix)
-Infinty - 10.3 million
-You're Mine - 8.6 million (solo + remix)
-#Beautiful - 62.7 million

I really can't see how Celine is doing better with her current music. They're pretty much even, and, in the event some is doing a bit better, is not her.

Besides, why should Mariah Christmas music not be taken into account? Is not her own music? Are you excluding Celine's Xmas music from those total streams? I guess you're not.
I think you're just excluding it because AIWFCIY is her most successful song by far on Spotify...
But that would be similar to saying "If we don't count 'My Heart Will Go On' Celine monthly streams numbers are X lower...

Anyway, no need to be so defensive and attack Mariah like that when they're both pretty much in the same situation streaming-wise.
User avatar
nympho
Superstar
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008

Postby mike_z » Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Actually Ashes on Spotify has had a pretty weak performance.
We'll see if it manages to become her most streamed song on that platform
User avatar
mike_z
Manager
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012

Postby mike_z » Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 pm

Ashes has been slowly climbing up the iTunes UK chart today. Now sitting at #50
User avatar
mike_z
Manager
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012

Postby celinehit » Wed May 16, 2018 10:16 pm

nympho wrote:@celinehit
It's OK to mention other artists if they're brought into conversation and it's on topic, but relax your tone a bit, please.

Or, at least, be a bit more reasonable because some of the things you're posting there...
Do you really think "Ashes" will have more streams than anything Mariah has released in the last 22 years? Really? So you think it's going to surpass 100 million, 80 million, 60 million streams? You might be a bit disappointed then...

Funny the songs you chose to make screencaps of each one of them to prove your theories... You went back to 2010's Up Out My Face or 2012's Triumphant but totally skipped #Beautiful from 2013... I wonder why... But then you only picked 3 Celine songs, her only 3 songs released in the last 10 years to surpass 10 million streams.

You're saying Mariah's streaming numbers (Xmas music aside) are bad because her latest releases "BARELY reach 10 million on Spotify", while "Céline definitely does better with CURRENT music... While reality is her biggest song on Spotify released in the last 10 years has 18 million streams.

-How does a moment last forever - 18.5 million
-Encore un soir: 10.7 million (album+radio version)
-Recovering: 3.1 million
-The Show Must Go On: 3.8 million
-Loved Me Back to Life: 13.7 million

-The Star - 3 million
-I Don't - 10.1 million (solo + remix)
-Infinty - 10.3 million
-You're Mine - 8.6 million (solo + remix)
-#Beautiful - 62.7 million

I really can't see how Celine is doing better with her current music. They're pretty much even, and, in the event some is doing a bit better, is not her.

Besides, why should Mariah Christmas music not be taken into account? Is not her own music? Are you excluding Celine's Xmas music from those total streams? I guess you're not.
I think you're just excluding it because AIWFCIY is her most successful song by far on Spotify...
But that would be similar to saying "If we don't count 'My Heart Will Go On' Celine monthly streams numbers are X lower...

Anyway, no need to be so defensive and attack Mariah like that when they're both pretty much in the same situation streaming-wise.
''While reality is her biggest song on Spotify released in the last 10 years has 18 million streams. ''
funny because she got 18m with a song that didn't even chart, which is more than any mariah solo attempt this decade, and please don't act like Céline had english attempts this decade when actually her last english single was Taking Chances....LMBTL was simply canceled

''Do you really think "Ashes" will have more streams than anything Mariah has released in the last 22 years? Really? So you think it's going to surpass 100 million, 80 million, 60 million streams?'' A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y, and this will serve to prove my point that Céline does a way better with current music, you should worry about Gaga, because everyone knows she's the weakest streaming force of her era

''but totally skipped #Beautiful from 2013'', the few this song did on Spotify was because of Miguel, not in vain she can barely get 10m on spotify with her current songs with HER NAME being the only credited, Miguel has 22m monthly listeners with a reson

''I think you're just excluding it because AIWFCIY is her most successful song by far on Spotify...
But that would be similar to saying "If we don't count 'My Heart Will Go On' ''
It's not associable since only ONE of them is heavily promoted every year

Image
Image
User avatar
celinehit
Groupie
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017

Postby mike_z » Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Ashes #47 (+21) on iTunes WW
User avatar
mike_z
Manager
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012

Postby mike_z » Thu May 17, 2018 1:37 am

#45 in the UK; Slowly but steadily
User avatar
mike_z
Manager
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012

Postby ferrero » Thu May 17, 2018 3:20 am

celinehit wrote:
Mariah only has like 1,4b on Spotify, If you remove her christmas album she'd not break the 1b mark, get over it....
Stop acting like she was a streaming monster when her new releases can BARELY get 10m on Spotify and 20m on YouTube, Céline definitely does better with CURRENT music. And Ashes will SOON have more streaming numbers than anything Mariah released in 22 years and will also make Céline surpass Mariah there (even though she has less english stuff) *-*
We did our maths. Without the 2 xmas albums, Mariah is at 1.05B with 11 albums. The general observation about Celine's numbers on Spotify is that her numbers nosedive after ANDHC. None of the studio albums broke 50m except for LMBTL which barely reaches 50m. Her ad-hoc singles recently, which are movies OSTs, did better.

Understand Wayne is beginning to track her top 10 album numbers. Will be interesting to see her catalogue streaming numbers.
User avatar
ferrero
Manager
 
Posts: 2829
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005
Location: 新加坡

Postby jeangrey » Thu May 17, 2018 5:30 am

Deadpool 2 release dates in countries where we track music charts, or at least most of them :)

15 May 2018
UK
Ireland
Italy
Norway
Portugal
Sweden
Czech Republic

16 May 2018
Australia
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
France

17 May 2018
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Netherlands
Slovakia

18 May 2018
USA
Canada
Spain
User avatar
jeangrey
Manager
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006
Location: Poland

Postby stevyy » Thu May 17, 2018 10:00 am

omg... not this debate here again.

we get it, Mariah is a flop and everyone's better. That being said, I love ashes. <3
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 50379
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby mike_z » Thu May 17, 2018 12:30 pm

#40 on iTunes UK. The movie has been helping
User avatar
mike_z
Manager
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012

Postby stevyy » Thu May 17, 2018 12:37 pm

streaming screwed her out of a good chart hit. I hope the movie helps.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 50379
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby HellaGood » Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 pm

Watched the movie last night! This sounded like a straight classic (the song was portrayed in a funny way tho lol)
I hope it does well.
You got me feeling hella good, so let's just keep on dancin...
User avatar
HellaGood
Manager
 
Posts: 3646
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014

Postby celinehit » Thu May 17, 2018 3:06 pm

HellaGood wrote:Watched the movie last night! This sounded like a straight classic (the song was portrayed in a funny way tho lol)
I hope it does well.
OMG IN WHICH SCENE DID IT APPEAR? TELL US MORE
User avatar
celinehit
Groupie
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017

Postby Blackrose7 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Ashes deserves to slay the charts. Hopefully with the release of Deadpool 2, she will be added onto more playlists on Spotify.
Blackrose7
Groupie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017

Postby celinehit » Thu May 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Ashes #40 (+7) on iTunes WW
User avatar
celinehit
Groupie
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017

Return to Artist Chart Analysis