Thalia :: Charts & Sales History

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

Postby GugaAlcantara » Thu May 27, 2010 3:29 pm

hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:Primera Fila's sales in the US confirmed!

That was the question I made to Paul Grein in his respected and trustfull Music Blog CHART WATCH at Yahoo Music:

...one of the most sucessfull latin artists right now all around US and Latin America is Thalia. Her latest releases, the live CD and DVD "Primera Fila" are in stores since December 1, 2009, and they have been doing really well in the charts. For some reason sales of the standard version and the special CD+DVD pack available only in Walmart stores were separated by Billboard, and just the standard version is still charting in both Top Latin Albums and Latin Pop Albums lists. Could you please provide me the total sales of each version of the CD and also of the DVD in the US?

An that was what he answered me:

Gustavo, The grand total of sales for Thalia's Primera Fila is 75K as of this week. There are two versions of the CD, which have sold 43K and 9K. The DVD has sold 23K.

WOW, 75.000 COPIES SOLD!

The 2 versions of the CD along have sold more than 50K, which means that if Billboard had not separated them PRIMERA FILA were already certified Gold!

And what about the DVD? 23.000 copies is awesome for a latin artist!

PRIMERA FILA IS A HUGE SUCCESS!

Here is the link of the Blog, where you guys can check my post and Paul's response at bottom of page:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_ ... 1#comments
Don't let your exciment deceive you honey. A huge succes would be selling 200,000 0r more. 75,000 for two versions and the DVD is not good.

But I do have to say she's ruling Mexico at the moment!! Her most successfull album to date in her home country!! :o
I don't understand why you're saying that...

Could you please tell me which latin artist, except Aventura and Wisin y Yandel, has sold more than 200.000 copies over the last few years? Better yet, which latin artist, WITH A LIVE ALBUM WITH NO PROMOTION, has done that? And you must remember that Aventura and Wisin y Yandel are in the lists for more than 50 weeks!

By the way, just the CD has already sold more than 50.000 copies, IT'S A GOLD CERTIFICATION! Only Billboard separated it in 2 versions, then it doesn't mean the whole industry did that too... So an album certified Gold is not a success?

And 23.000 copies for a latin DVD is not either? Because while the DVD was still charting at Billboard's Music Videos list, Thalia was the only latin artist there!

WAKE UP, BABY! PRIMERA FILA IS A HUGE SUCCESS IN THE U.S.!

And about the sales in Mexico: yes, it's definatly a huge success there too, but not "her most successfull" like you said! I mean, I think it's her first album to be certified Triple Platinum over there, but keep in mind that nowadays the numbers are extremelly smaller than before... So this Triple Platinum Certification is "just" about 180.000 copies, while 13 years ago, when she released AMOR A LA MEXICANA, for example, it was certified "only" platinum for more than 300.000 copies sold.
GugaAlcantara
Groupie

Postby julliana » Thu May 27, 2010 4:25 pm

I agree with Gustavo, those numbers for a live album with no promotion are espectaculars!
julliana
Groupie

Postby hello » Thu May 27, 2010 5:06 pm

:lol: yay!!! congrats for her GOLD Certification. :lol:

Her DVD is of course, a success. Few Latin artists get to sell 20,000 nowadays. Last time I checked, Vicente Fernandez sold well over 50,000 with his DVD. of course, others have sold more, like Marco Antonio Solis and Los Tigres Del Norte.

Anyways, hopefully, she will sell with her next album. She's had way too many flop albums in the past. :lol:
~Gaga~~~Xtina~~~P!nk~~~Dido~~~Shakira~~~Beyonce~~~Gwen Stefani~~
hello
Superstar

Postby GugaAlcantara » Thu May 27, 2010 5:38 pm

hello wrote::lol: yay!!! congrats for her GOLD Certification. :lol:

Her DVD is of course, a success. Few Latin artists get to sell 20,000 nowadays. Last time I checked, Vicente Fernandez sold well over 50,000 with his DVD. of course, others have sold more, like Marco Antonio Solis and Los Tigres Del Norte.

Anyways, hopefully, she will sell with her next album. She's had way too many flop albums in the past. :lol:
Last time I checked, Vicente Fernandez sold well over 50,000 with his DVD.

Where did you find this? Because I've never found a place to check the DVD sales weekly...

QUESTION: are you a Paulina Rubio's fan? Because that is what you seems to be...

I mean, I never was that kind of blind fan who always saying "my idol is the best ever", everything I say about Thalia is based in facts, in trustfull informations. But what I really don't understand is why you're so negative when the numbers are so positive!
GugaAlcantara
Groupie

Postby hello » Fri May 28, 2010 3:20 am

GugaAlcantara wrote:

Where did you find this? Because I've never found a place to check the DVD sales weekly...

QUESTION: are you a Paulina Rubio's fan? Because that is what you seems to be...

I mean, I never was that kind of blind fan who always saying "my idol is the best ever", everything I say about Thalia is based in facts, in trustfull informations. But what I really don't understand is why you're so negative when the numbers are so positive!
Honey, I am a music fan. And yes, I do like Paulina Rubio, more than Thalia, and I also know that her albums sell more than Thalia's :wink:

Anyways, Thalia is what she is because of her novelas, because musically, she isn't as big as you make her.

Now, to say Thalia is having huge success with this album based on what others sell, that is ludacris and pointless. An album that was released 6 months ago and just got her Gold award, hmmmm yes, it is a very successful album. (sarcasm, in case you get your hopes too high)

And like I said, yes she's having a HUGE success in Mexico. 3x Platinum in 6 months is a huge success nowadays. Now, do you see the difference in numbers? That is based on facts, in trustfull informations
:wink:

Next time, I suggest you don't assume too much, and learn about the system.
hello
Superstar

Postby kreyzas » Fri May 28, 2010 6:59 am

hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:

Honey, I am a music fan. And yes, I do like Paulina Rubio, more than Thalia, and I also know that her albums sell more than Thalia's :wink:

Anyways, Thalia is what she is because of her novelas, because musically, she isn't as big as you make her.

Now, to say Thalia is having huge success with this album based on what others sell, that is ludacris and pointless. An album that was released 6 months ago and just got her Gold award, hmmmm yes, it is a very successful album. (sarcasm, in case you get your hopes too high)

And like I said, yes she's having a HUGE success in Mexico. 3x Platinum in 6 months is a huge success nowadays. Now, do you see the difference in numbers? That is based on facts, in trustfull informations

true true.
but with this album Thalia outsold Paulina Rubio in USA and Mexico
kreyzas
Manager

Postby thaly_lover » Fri May 28, 2010 11:08 am

hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:

Gold is very much a success these days when a Latin artist achieve this status in the US cause not much of them get to enjoy the same success, here is a list of latin album sales in the US back in late January and PF is among the best-sellers plus Paulina's GCP did not strike Gold yet and it's been out a year ago :

7 weeks - Thalia - Primera Fila - +31.000 copies
7 weeks - Jenni Rivera - La Gran Senora - 33.996 copies
18 weeks - Nelly Furtado - Mi Plan - 35.334 copies
10 weeks - Alejandro Sanz - Paraíso Express - 22,143 copies
13 weeks - David Bisbal - Sin Mirar Atras - 18.583 copies
24 weeks - Laura Pausini - Primavera Anticipada - 41.796 copies
26 weeks - Paulina Rubio - Gran City Pop - 36.815 copies
12 weeks - Ednita Nazario - 41.567 copies
thaly_lover
Roadie

Postby GugaAlcantara » Fri May 28, 2010 12:02 pm

hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:

And yes, I do like Paulina Rubio, more than Thalia, and I also know that her albums sell more than Thalia's.

Well, now it's all explained to me! I won't discuss with you, OK? :wink: I don't even know what you're doing here in this post... Go to Paulina's one! (if you find one here)
GugaAlcantara
Groupie

Postby GugaAlcantara » Fri May 28, 2010 12:06 pm

thaly_lover wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:

Gold is very much a success these days when a Latin artist achieve this status in the US cause not much of them get to enjoy the same success, here is a list of latin album sales in the US back in late January and PF is among the best-sellers plus Paulina's GCP did not strike Gold yet and it's been out a year ago :

7 weeks - Thalia - Primera Fila - +31.000 copies
7 weeks - Jenni Rivera - La Gran Senora - 33.996 copies
18 weeks - Nelly Furtado - Mi Plan - 35.334 copies
10 weeks - Alejandro Sanz - Paraíso Express - 22,143 copies
13 weeks - David Bisbal - Sin Mirar Atras - 18.583 copies
24 weeks - Laura Pausini - Primavera Anticipada - 41.796 copies
26 weeks - Paulina Rubio - Gran City Pop - 36.815 copies
12 weeks - Ednita Nazario - 41.567 copies
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

But unfortunally not everyone here is smart enough to understand... :cry:
GugaAlcantara
Groupie

Postby hello » Fri May 28, 2010 2:52 pm

GugaAlcantara wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:

And yes, I do like Paulina Rubio, more than Thalia, and I also know that her albums sell more than Thalia's.

Well, now it's all explained to me! I won't discuss with you, OK? :wink: I don't even know what you're doing here in this post... Go to Paulina's one! (if you find one here)
I'm here because I think this is one amazing album. I am a music fan, not one dilusional fannatic who always blinds himself in the road of nowhere. Child, grow up and face the real facts. :roll: The fact I like Paulina Rubio more than Thalia doesn't mean nothing. I could care less who sells the most between these two Mexican acts as I know my #1 female artist (Shakira) outsells them by the millions. :lol:
hello
Superstar

Postby GugaAlcantara » Fri May 28, 2010 3:06 pm

hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:

I'm here because I think this is one amazing album. I am a music fan, not one dilusional fannatic who always blinds himself in the road of nowhere. Child, grow up and face the real facts. :roll: The fact I like Paulina Rubio more than Thalia doesn't mean nothing. I could care less who sells the most between these two Mexican acts as I know my #1 female artist (Shakira) outsells them by the millions. :lol:
I could care less who sells the most between these two Mexican acts as I know my #1 female artist (Shakira) outsells them by the millions.

Once again it's all explained to me! :wink:

But I'm going to repeat what I said before: I never was that kind of blind fan who always saying "my idol is the best ever", everything I say about Thalia is based in facts, in trustfull informations.
GugaAlcantara
Groupie

Postby hello » Fri May 28, 2010 3:08 pm

GugaAlcantara wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:

I could care less who sells the most between these two Mexican acts as I know my #1 female artist (Shakira) outsells them by the millions.

But I'm going to repeat what I said before: I never was that kind of blind fan who always saying "my idol is the best ever", everything I say about Thalia is based in facts, in trustfull informations.
Thalia has her first successful album since Arrasando....that's based in facts, in trustfull informations, don't fight it, get over it.
hello
Superstar

Postby GugaAlcantara » Fri May 28, 2010 3:12 pm

hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:

Thalia has her first successful album since Arrasando....that's based in facts, in trustfull informations, don't fight it, get over it.
OK, Mister Truth! :wink:
GugaAlcantara
Groupie

Postby pampeano » Fri May 28, 2010 3:48 pm

hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:

Based in facts ? Her "Thalía" album , released in 2002 right after Arrasando was platinum in the U.S and she had many hits with this album, like "No Me Enseñaste", "Tu Y Yo", "A Quien Le Importa"...actually "Thalía" was her best selling album in the U.S I believe, I remember spending like five weeks at the top of the Latin Albums chart.
Life Is To Be Lived Properly !
pampeano
Roadie

Postby GugaAlcantara » Fri May 28, 2010 4:05 pm

pampeano wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:

Based in facts ? Her "Thalía" album , released in 2002 right after Arrasando was platinum in the U.S and she had many hits with this album, like "No Me Enseñaste", "Tu Y Yo", "A Quien Le Importa"...actually "Thalía" was her best selling album in the U.S I believe, I remember spending like five weeks at the top of the Latin Albums chart.
Pampeano, don't waste your time trying to prove anything to him! As I said, he thinks he's the Mr. Truth, and he just sees what he wants!

Let him think that Paulina or Shakira are the best sellers ever!
GugaAlcantara
Groupie

Postby FutureMan » Fri May 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Thalia's fans are so happy because at least there is 1 country where an album of their artist didnt flop

thats it :lol:
who said primera fila was successful? :lol:
FutureMan
Superstar

Postby FlorinD » Fri May 28, 2010 4:12 pm

pampeano wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:
hello wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:

exactly.
FlorinD
Groupie

Postby FlorinD » Fri May 28, 2010 4:14 pm

FutureMan wrote:Thalia's fans are so happy because at least there is 1 country where an album of their artist didnt flop

Shakira fan.
FlorinD
Groupie

Postby mattsky » Fri May 28, 2010 4:23 pm

FlorinD wrote:
FutureMan wrote:Thalia's fans are so happy because at least there is 1 country where an album of their artist didnt flop

Shakira fan.
Yeeeeaaaah! She wolf was sooo huge everywhere lol Are you reterded?
Everyone SOMETIMES has flop albums : even ones like Shakira, Thalia or Madonna. Primera Fila IS successful. Get over it and stop hating. Khia would give u a hater walk.
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby FlorinD » Fri May 28, 2010 4:26 pm

mattsky wrote:
FlorinD wrote:

Shakira fan.
Everyone SOMETIMES has flop albums : even ones like Shakira, Thalia or Madonna. Primera Fila IS successful. Get over it and stop hating. Khia would give u a hater walk.
you're right... :-?
FlorinD
Groupie

Postby GugaAlcantara » Fri May 28, 2010 4:27 pm

FlorinD wrote:
mattsky wrote:
FlorinD wrote:

Shakira fan.
Completely right!
GugaAlcantara
Groupie

Postby FlorinD » Fri May 28, 2010 4:30 pm

GugaAlcantara wrote:
FlorinD wrote:
mattsky wrote:
FlorinD wrote:

who said primer
a fila was successful? :lol:
Shakira fan.
Completely right!
:D

ps. I like so much "Estoy enamorado" from 1/F.
FlorinD
Groupie

Postby GugaAlcantara » Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 pm

FlorinD wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:
FlorinD wrote:
mattsky wrote:
FlorinD wrote:

who said primer
Shakira fan.
Completely right!

Estoy enamorado,
y tu amor me hace grande...
Estoy enamorado y que bien,
y que bien me hace amarte...
GugaAlcantara
Groupie

Postby FlorinD » Fri May 28, 2010 4:44 pm

GugaAlcantara wrote:
FlorinD wrote:
GugaAlcantara wrote:
FlorinD wrote:
mattsky wrote:
FlorinD wrote:

who said primer
Shakira fan.
Completely right!

Estoy enamorado,
y tu amor me hace grande...
Estoy enamorado y que bien,
y que bien me hace amarte...
:oops:
FlorinD
Groupie

Postby FutureMan » Fri May 28, 2010 4:46 pm

i will stop discussing with a thousand mexicans who think thalia is a successful artist and even compare her with shakira :lol:
FutureMan
Superstar

Return to Artist Chart Analysis