Jennifer Lopez :: The "Love?" Era

Moderators: kingofskiffle, stevyy

 

Postby AyuM » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:41 am

JLo's new album, "Love?" will be released on January 25, 2010 (Europe) and January 26, 2010 (USA).

The song "Fresh Out the Oven" has already surfaced on the internet and it features Jenifers "Alter Ego", Lola. It has achieved almost 1,000,000 viwes in Youtube only (all 4 videos that exist, combined). The music video has been filmed and will be released very soon.

Rumoured Tracks

"Hooked on You"
"One Love" (has leaked)
"What is Love" (has leaked)
"Starting Over"
"Love & War"
"Faint"
I hope this album performs way better than her weak seller, Brave. "Fresh out the Oven" has already become an internet sensation (almost 1,000,000 views in such a short time is really impressive). Discuss.

----

UPDATE:

Official first single: "Louboutins"

Recorded songs:

"What Is Love"
"Starting Over"
"One Love"
"Hooked on You"
"One Step at a Time"
"Louboutins"
"Fresh Out the Oven" featuring Pitbull
Last edited by AyuM on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madonna Addict
User avatar
AyuM
Manager
 
Posts: 4252
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009
Location: USA + Into the Groove

Postby nelson » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:42 am

Is there any sign it will sell 10 m copies?
nelson
Legend
 
Posts: 18580
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004

Postby ManTooth » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:51 am

Her last album did less than 500,000 worldwide, and maybe 130,000 of that in the USA.
User avatar
ManTooth
Manager
 
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005
Location: U.S.A.

Postby AyuM » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:54 am

^

I hope for another Platinum selling album by JLo. I know that sounds too high, but at least with a successful lead single and some promo she can go Gold. And 1-1,5 million worldwide would be very solid sales for her. But I'm not sure about wether the USA will show interest on this comeback. :-?
Madonna Addict
User avatar
AyuM
Manager
 
Posts: 4252
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009
Location: USA + Into the Groove

Postby jordi_89 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:05 pm

AyuM wrote:^

I hope for another Platinum selling album by JLo. I know that sounds too high, but at least with a successful lead single and some promo she can go Gold. And 1-1,5 million worldwide would be very solid sales for her. But I'm not sure about wether the USA will show interest on this comeback. :-?
maybe Platinum will be a bit hard for her right now, but sales around 600k-800k would be excellent (and around 1,6-2m globally...), but i really hope she performs well... Hooked on You it's a really hot song with a symilar style to When I Grow Up (that peaked at #9 and has the same producer, Darkchild) and also What Is Love and Fresh Out The Oven are also good (even i think FOTO wasn't the lead single, only a promo single... but we'll see :wink: )
User avatar
jordi_89
Superstar
 
Posts: 7844
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Postby tada » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:20 pm

i reckon after a true megaflop of hers "Brave" :oops: ..it will be success to get Gold album, especially in very low selling-period of debut of the year.
I think december release with strong promotion would be after all better, but "Brave" was also released in 4Q and nothing saved it
User avatar
tada
Legend
 
Posts: 35891
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006
Location: Czech Republic

Postby gio88 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:24 pm

The song "Fresh Out the Oven" won't be the first single form the album!
gio88
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009

Postby AyuM » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:39 pm

^

It was just announced that it will be a buzz single. But it will see an iTunes release and the video has been filmed, so if it proves to be successful, it will be a proper single. It features Pitbull so it has a lot of potential. :wink:
Madonna Addict
User avatar
AyuM
Manager
 
Posts: 4252
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009
Location: USA + Into the Groove

Postby greek_boy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:07 pm

The leaked tracks are fantastic! I hope she's going to be successful this time. I hope for a gold certification in US 8-)
and of course a new worldwide tour because she's a hot performer.

I can't wait to buy the album! The January period is not good for many reasons but anyway!
User avatar
greek_boy
Legend
 
Posts: 29446
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Postby jordi_89 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:46 pm

greek_boy wrote:The leaked tracks are fantastic! I hope she's going to be successful this time. I hope for a gold certification in US 8-)
and of course a new worldwide tour because she's a hot performer.

I can't wait to buy the album! The January period is not good for many reasons but anyway!
yes at that time of the year she'll open around 100k only if the single is very successful... but with 2-3 average/good hit singles she could have longevity and be certified Gold...
User avatar
jordi_89
Superstar
 
Posts: 7844
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Postby nelson » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:35 am

So in conclusion, this album won't sell well under the bad climate?
nelson
Legend
 
Posts: 18580
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004

Postby kreyzas » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:08 am

nelson wrote:So in conclusion, this album won't sell well under the bad climate?
yep :D :D :D :D
User avatar
kreyzas
Manager
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007

Postby crazycool » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:26 am

I think she's going to really try and ensure that this album sells more that Brave.

I'm so excited for this album.
User avatar
crazycool
Legend
 
Posts: 15418
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007
Location: youkay

Postby AyuM » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:54 pm

It was just announced that the single "Louboutins" will be the first official single from the album "Love?".

It was originally intended for Brandy, but since she left "Epic" records, it was given to Jenifer.
Madonna Addict
User avatar
AyuM
Manager
 
Posts: 4252
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009
Location: USA + Into the Groove

Postby greek_boy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:34 pm

Loubiwhat? I hope it's good. 8-)
User avatar
greek_boy
Legend
 
Posts: 29446
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Postby Blizzy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:27 pm

my love dont cost a thing ... my sis just said today that she cant make hot songs anymore becoz she got pregga and got twins? by the way she is 40 already..radio wont support her

She needs to make songs like this again..she was famous for her funky rnb pop songs with some latin salt n peppa into the video and errybody was hawt on her
User avatar
Blizzy
Superstar
 
Posts: 6645
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006
Location: behind the sun

Postby crazycool » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:28 pm

Hope its huge!
User avatar
crazycool
Legend
 
Posts: 15418
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007
Location: youkay

Postby tada » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Blizzy wrote:my love dont cost a thing ... my sis just said today that she cant make hot songs anymore becoz she got pregga and got twins? by the way she is 40 already..radio wont support her

She needs to make songs like this again..she was famous for her funky rnb pop songs with some latin salt n peppa into the video and errybody was hawt on her
yeh, but as you said...it was 8yrs ago in her commercial peak. Now at the age of 40 she has of course her fanbase but definitely some portion of former fans are not following her. I guess she should turn from dance music into mix of classix r'n'B with a strong POP-feelings to again target a higher music audience that is capable of purchasing her music again.
User avatar
tada
Legend
 
Posts: 35891
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006
Location: Czech Republic

Postby jpguy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:09 pm

ManTooth wrote:Her last album did less than 500,000 worldwide, and maybe 130,000 of that in the USA.
BRAVE did over 650.000 WW ! ;)
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
User avatar
jpguy
Legend
 
Posts: 23844
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007
Location: The Voice

Postby kreyzas » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:16 pm

jpguy wrote:
ManTooth wrote:Her last album did less than 500,000 worldwide, and maybe 130,000 of that in the USA.
BRAVE did over 650.000 WW ! ;)
well that's a huge difference :DDDDD
User avatar
kreyzas
Manager
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007

Postby DG1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Don't like the album name. Hope it's good.
User avatar
DG1
Superstar
 
Posts: 5047
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009
Location: New York City, USA

Postby greek_boy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:24 pm

weird title. I listen to Hooked On You a lot lately.
User avatar
greek_boy
Legend
 
Posts: 29446
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Postby marcsgirl85 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:43 pm

actually Jennifer isn't 40 she was born in 1970 not 69 so she's 39 but the press commonly get star birthdates and details of that kind incorrect

hopefully she manages to get a good position with this album when it's released
"the love of a mothers life is her child/children"
User avatar
marcsgirl85
Manager
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007

Postby Star » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:49 pm

marcsgirl85 wrote:actually Jennifer isn't 40 she was born in 1970 not 69 so she's 39 but the press commonly get star birthdates and details of that kind incorrect

hopefully she manages to get a good position with this album when it's released
What's your source? Wikipedia has 1969...
User avatar
Star
Sensational
 
Posts: 21818
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006
Location: Wet patch in middle of bed

Postby FutureMan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:57 pm

a lot of news about her 40 yo have been published months ago... :roll:
FutureMan
Superstar
 
Posts: 5645
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009

Return to Artist Chart Analysis