Lady GaGa :: Charts & Sales History

Moderators: trebor, nympho, kingofskiffle

Postby thebigham » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:37 am

Through the 8/25 Billboard charts:

@chartdata on Twitter:

US pure album sales: @itstonybennett & @ladygaga, Cheek to Cheek 763,200 (total). Gold

Shouldn't this be 1xP?
thebigham
Legend

Postby ViviLittleM » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:49 am

SPS numbers are for sure, too low, but yeah maybe with shipments alone. But anyway.
ViviLittleM
Personal Assistant

Postby nympho » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:53 am

thebigham wrote:Through the 8/25 Billboard charts:

@chartdata on Twitter:

US pure album sales: @itstonybennett & @ladygaga, Cheek to Cheek 763,200 (total). Gold

Shouldn't this be 1xP?
I think around 820k max with TEA and SEA.
Don’t think they shipped that many copies to be eligible for Platinum.
Might get there eventually, though.
nympho
Superstar

Postby ViviLittleM » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:48 pm

Joanne is back @ the Spanish chart this week at #92

52 weeks in total
ViviLittleM
Personal Assistant

Postby nympho » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:35 pm

ViviLittleM wrote:Joanne is back @ the Spanish chart this week at #92

52 weeks in total
A year on chart!

Shame that streams are not counted for certifications yet in Spain, as it’s only a few k away from Gold and it will obviously be Gold with streaming by now.
nympho
Superstar

Postby adamf2thedeath » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:12 pm

ClarksonSlays wrote:
Wayne wrote:2,422,035 Born This Way
1,642,000 The Fame Monster
762,649 Cheek To Cheek
627,224 Joanne
4,805,746 The Fame

= 10,259,654

Assuming around 800,000 for Artpop, give or take 20k - she's at 11m retail units in the US.
ARTPOP is at 777k US.

And I don't think The Fame could get a Diamond cert:

Just Dance = 1M SEA/TEA
Poker Face = 1M
Paparazzi = 400k
LoveGame = 300k
Eh, Eh = 50-100k
Starstruck = 100k
Beautiful, Dirty, Rich = 50k
= around 3M TEA/SEA

With 4.8M sales, it's probably 8x eligible at best.
I can’t believe cheek to cheek sold the same as art pop. That’s insane.
Most listened to albums at the moment:
Christina Aguilera - Liberation
Lily Allen - No Shame
Kali Uchis - Isolation
adamf2thedeath
Superstar

Postby thebigham » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:46 pm

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=313199

THE BORN IDENTITY

Interscope has revealed track-by-track details and cover art for the soundtrack to A Star Is Born, which features new music from the film’s stars, Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, who also directed. The album, which has just been put up for pre-order, is set for release on 10/5, the same day the Warner Bros. film opens.

The album comprises 19 songs and 15 dialogue tracks, the latter rendered in italics below. The official trailer features the album tracks “Shallow” and “Maybe It's Time.”

Track listing for A Star Is Born:

Intro
Black Eyes – Performed by Bradley Cooper. Written and produced by Bradley Cooper and Lukas Nelson.
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Fabulous French
La Vie En Rose – Performed by Lady Gaga. Written by Louiguy and Edith Piaf. Produced by Lady Gaga and Brian Newman.
I'll Wait for You
Maybe It's Time – Performed by Bradley Cooper. Written by Jason Isbell. Produced by Bradley Cooper and Benjamin Rice.
Parking Lot
Out of Time – Performed by Bradley Cooper. Written and produced by Bradley Cooper and Lukas Nelson.
Alibi – Performed by Bradley Cooper. Written and produced by Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper and Lukas Nelson.
Trust Me
Shallow – Performed by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. Written by Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, Anthony Rossomando and Andrew Wyatt. Produced by Lady Gaga and Benjamin Rice.
First Stop, Arizona
Music to My Eyes – Performed by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. Written by Lady Gaga and Lukas Nelson. Produced by Lukas Nelson.
Diggin' My Grave – Performed by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. Written by Paul Kennerley. Produced by Lady Gaga and Lukas Nelson.
I Love You
Always Remember Us This Way – Performed by Lady Gaga. Written by Lady Gaga, Natalie Hemby, Hillary Lindsey and Lori McKenna. Produced by Dave Cobb and Lady Gaga.
Unbelievable
How Do You Hear It?
Look What I Found – Performed by Lady Gaga. Written by Lady Gaga, Mark Nilan Jr., Nick Monson, Paul “DJWS” Blair, Lukas Nelson and Aaron Raitiere. Produced by Lady Gaga, Mark Nilan Jr., Nick Monson, and Paul “DJWS” Blair.
Memphis
Heal Me – Performed by Lady Gaga. Written by Lady Gaga, Mark Nilan Jr., Nick Monson, Paul “DJWS” Blair, Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter. Produced by Lady Gaga, Mark Nilan Jr., Nick Monson, and Paul “DJWS” Blair.
I Don't Know What Love Is – Performed by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. Written and produced by Lady Gaga and Lukas Nelson.
Vows
Is That Alright? – Performed by Lady Gaga. Written by Lady Gaga, Mark Nilan Jr., Nick Monson, Paul “DJWS” Blair, Lukas Nelson and Aaron Raitiere. Produced by Lady Gaga, Mark Nilan Jr., Nick Monson, and Paul “DJWS” Blair.
SNL
Why Did You Do That? – Performed by Lady Gaga. Written by Lady Gaga, Diane Warren, Mark Nilan Jr., Nick Monson and Paul “DJWS” Blair. Produced by Lady Gaga, Mark Nilan Jr., Nick Monson, and Paul “DJWS” Blair.
Hair Body Face – Performed by Lady Gaga. Written and produced by Lady Gaga, Mark Nilan Jr., Nick Monson and Paul “DJWS” Blair.
Scene 98
Before I Cry – Performed by Lady Gaga. Written and produced by Lady Gaga, Mark Nilan Jr., Nick Monson and Paul “DJWS” Blair.
Too Far Gone – Performed by Bradley Cooper. Written and produced by Bradley Cooper and Lukas Nelson.
Twelve Notes
I'll Never Love Again (Film Version) – Performed by Lady Gaga. Written by Lady Gaga, Natalie Hemby, Hillary Lindsey and Aaron Ratiere. Produced by Lady Gaga and Benjamin Rice.
I'll Never Love Again (Extended Version) – Performed by Lady Gaga. Written by Lady Gaga, Natalie Hemby, Hillary Lindsey and Aaron Ratiere. Produced by Lady Gaga and Benjamin Rice.
thebigham
Legend

Postby ViviLittleM » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:20 am

Doesn't the soundtrack deserve a new thread since it's up for pre-orders and charting?
ViviLittleM
Personal Assistant

Postby nympho » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:31 am

ViviLittleM wrote:Doesn't the soundtrack deserve a new thread since it's up for pre-orders and charting?
I’ll open one.
But since it’s only the pre-order so far and the only chart we can discuss is Amazon, I think it’s better to wait a bit more, closer to the release date.
Ot at least till one of the songs is released so we can discuss actual chart info.
nympho
Superstar

Postby ViviLittleM » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:49 am

nympho wrote:
ViviLittleM wrote:Doesn't the soundtrack deserve a new thread since it's up for pre-orders and charting?
I’ll open one.
But since it’s only the pre-order so far and the only chart we can discuss is Amazon, I think it’s better to wait a bit more, closer to the release date.
Ot at least till one of the songs is released so we can discuss actual chart info.
I think iTunes has one too now. "Best Sellers" in pre-orders
ViviLittleM
Personal Assistant

Postby Tansike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:58 am

So the album is credited as 'Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper' - so it officially belongs to her discography, right? "Cheek To Cheek" was also credited as 'Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga' :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby ViviLittleM » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:18 pm

Tansike wrote:So the album is credited as 'Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper' - so it officially belongs to her discography, right? "Cheek To Cheek" was also credited as 'Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga' :)
Yeah... her streak of #1 will likely be broken. because of TOP
ViviLittleM
Personal Assistant

Postby Tansike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:34 pm

^ i wouldn't be too sure about Twenty One Pilots. Their new single(s) are far from being hits while Lady Gaga still has a huge fanbase and still gets great first week sales. Even "Cheek To Cheek" did 131k in its first week. With the reviews so far i'm really hoping "A Star Is Born" could become a surprising success à la "Mamma Mia" or "The Greatest Showman".
Tansike
Legend

Postby ViviLittleM » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:53 pm

Tansike wrote:^ i wouldn't be too sure about Twenty One Pilots. Their new single(s) are far from being hits while Lady Gaga still has a huge fanbase and still gets great first week sales. Even "Cheek To Cheek" did 131k in its first week. With the reviews so far i'm really hoping "A Star Is Born" could become a surprising success à la "Mamma Mia" or "The Greatest Showman".
I think they have tour bundles or something.
ViviLittleM
Personal Assistant

Postby Lemo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Soundtrack albums tend to have different chart lives too - their not like artist albums which debut high then fall off. Look at Mammia Mia and TGS.
"you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"
Lemo
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:27 pm

Tansike wrote:^ i wouldn't be too sure about Twenty One Pilots. Their new single(s) are far from being hits while Lady Gaga still has a huge fanbase and still gets great first week sales. Even "Cheek To Cheek" did 131k in its first week. With the reviews so far i'm really hoping "A Star Is Born" could become a surprising success à la "Mamma Mia" or "The Greatest Showman".
This will not debut at #1 imo but it might have longevity. It all depends on the movie's success. They should've picked a lead single and send it to suitable formats so that people would be aware that new Gaga songs will be released on the soundtrack of the movie.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby nympho » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:41 pm

When the Vegas shows were announced, the press release from LiveNation claimed Gaga to have sold 31 million albums and 171 million singles in her career.
Spoiler:

While the albums figure is sales only, the singles figure should be SPS as the estimations are 120-130 million singles sold.
(Chartmasters estimation last March was 30.75 million albums and 123.3 million singles. Pure sales)

So Cryptique (from ATRL, he posts here sometimes), has made this amazing recap of her digital sales, physical singles (if released), audio and video streams (as of 8 August) to calculate her total singles SPS.

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/1075-lady ... s/?page=66

Methodology:
Spoiler:
1. Data is from ChartMasters(Sales) , Spotify and Youtube (Existing Official Audios and Videos Only) as of August 8, 2018
2. Album Tracks Sales are my estimates & Total Audio Streams is 1.6x that of Spotify while remixes ain't included in the streaming figures
3. Digital and Physical Sales count as 1 SALE
4. Audio Streaming is weighed as 150 Streams = 1 SALE (although this differs from country to country due to the pricing)
5. Video Streaming is weighed as 700 Streams = 1 SALE (ChartMasters has it at 1175 while Nielsen has it at 375 in the US, but YT Streams differs from Country To Country, for example if we consider all audio streams at 150 = 1 sale regardless of where they're from, IFPI 2017 reported SOY at 26M SPS while Despacito at 24M, despite the fact that Despacito demolishes SOY in every streaming platform..In my estimates SOY's YT is at 700=1 Sale while Despacito's at 1700=1 Sale based in IFPI's report)
6. As I've said Streaming weight (due to different pricing) differs from country to country but here, let's do 150 Audio Streams and 700 Video Streams as a SALE

THE FAME

THE FAME MONSTER

BORN THIS WAY

ARTPOP

C2C

JOANNE

Non-album tracks

Summary

Top Songs

124 million singles (Sales)
167 million singles (SPS)

I guess adding remixes you get those 171 million (SPS) that LiveNation stated. So this breakdown is really on point.
Good job, Cryptique!
nympho
Superstar

Postby Instinct » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:15 pm

That's a pretty good breakdown! To get streams from Apple Music/Tidal/Deezer/Google Play Music etc. he must be doing MJD's comprehensive streaming method, right?
Instinct
Manager

Postby Wayne » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:35 pm

What a brilliant piece of work!

Pokerface was a monster hit and its streaming stats are great but on everything other than digital sales, it's behind Bad Romance.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby ViviLittleM » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Talking about Vegas,
Gaga will surely have one of the biggest average/show gross wise, if not the biggest.
ViviLittleM
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:32 am

ViviLittleM wrote:Talking about Vegas,
Gaga will surely have one of the biggest average/show gross wise, if not the biggest.
I need to rework this to include the last 8 months (a passing glance shows that Jennifer Lopez will have a few more entries near the top end of the list) but this is what she's got to contend with (only boxscores where 2 or more shows are performed are included):

The biggest single night a residency has netted is from Britney - who's New Year's show pocketed $1.172 million.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby nympho » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:20 am

^
Regarding averages from the whole residency (and not just a few shows), the #1 is Jennifer Lopez with $797k average per show (as of your last update in June), right?

Only 27 shows have been announced so far, but it was published she’ll do 99 shows, so I guess -if it’s true- she’ll continue with the residency in 2019 and 2020.

Now, 3 months before the first 3 shows, these are the tickets available:

28 Dec - 16 tickets
30 Dec - 97 tickets
31 Dec - 137 tickets

250 tickets not sold. Capacity of the venue is 5,200.
(I’ve seen that Cher shows there started with around 5,100 tickets available... Not sure how many Gaga put on sale, but I think it’s full capacity as most tickets available now are limited view ones).

So the first 3 shows, today, are already 98% sold out.
Pretty much confirmed she’ll have those 3 first shows 100% sold out.

Edit: For Gaga there are 4,430 seats plus Floor Standing tickets, so I guess, yes, more than 5,000.
nympho
Superstar

Postby nympho » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:13 pm

We’ll have two new Gaga releases this Friday as a reworked version of ”I want your love” (previously featured in the Tom Ford’s S/S16 campaign) is included on the new Chic album, that is released this Friday.

And apparently “Shallow” from the ASIB OST will be released as well.
Not sure if this will receive single treatment or it’s just an instant grat from the pre-order.
nympho
Superstar

Postby nympho » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:11 pm

I Want Your Love

iTunes:
#8 Philippines
#8 Vietnam
#11 Hong Kong
#11 Taiwan
#29 Indonesia
nympho
Superstar