Christina Aguilera :: The "Lotus" Era

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho

Postby beredy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Moves Like Jagger looks so out of place there. :P

I didn't expect ANOM to be the best selling single of hers to be honest.
beredy
Manager

Postby whyismile » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:16 pm

Westen wrote:
yomaku wrote:Awesome! Didn't expect YB to pass 500k :o last time I saw it was barely at the 350k mark, anyways thank you!
you're welcome :)

here's the full list
Where did you find that list? :o
whyismile
Manager

Postby Westen » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:32 pm

whyismile wrote:
Westen wrote:
yomaku wrote:Awesome! Didn't expect YB to pass 500k :o last time I saw it was barely at the 350k mark, anyways thank you!
you're welcome :)

here's the full list
Where did you find that list? :o
Billboard posted it ;)
Westen
Legend

Postby cabanaboy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:50 pm

Show me how you burlesque nearly gold :o

That so should have been treated like a proper single!
Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.
cabanaboy
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:18 pm

cabanaboy wrote:Show me how you burlesque nearly gold :o

That so should have been treated like a proper single!
The entire Burlesque album should've been treated as a proper era with singles, music videos, tour and everything. The album had more potential than "Bionic" and "Lotus" and sales reflect that, with given full treatment it could've produced the first platinum album and platinum singles by Xtina in years resulting in a comeback for her at least in the US. :wink:
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Westen » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:32 pm

yes, soundtrack was pretty big and i don't understand why people were interested in soundtrack with Xtina's songs but not in her album :cry: album sold like 700.000 in us
Westen
Legend

Postby Lollo95 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:51 pm

^ Probably because after Bionic, general public saw Burlesque as a "return to form" for Christina.

I think that Back to Basics style is Christina's style, and the kind of music she should always do.
Lollo95
Superstar

Postby rihannanavytilldie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:51 pm

Lollo95 wrote:^ Probably because after Bionic, general public saw Burlesque as a "return to form" for Christina.

I think that Back to Basics style is Christina's style, and the kind of music she should always do.
but she's dead now. it will be hard for her to have a comeback :roll:
I'm not a fortune teller.
rihannanavytilldie
Manager

Postby Westen » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:00 pm

rihannanavytilldie wrote:
Lollo95 wrote:^ Probably because after Bionic, general public saw Burlesque as a "return to form" for Christina.

that's not true, if she promoted her singles she wouldn't have flopped that hard
YB had some kind of longevity on itunes in us, and just a fool had a big chance to become one of hr biggest hits but label never bothered
Westen
Legend

Postby rihannanavytilldie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:30 pm

Westen wrote:

that's not true, if she promoted her singles she wouldn't have flopped that hard
YB had some kind of longevity on itunes in us, and just a fool had a big chance to become one of hr biggest hits but label never bothered
yes, but now not even people care about her I dare say :x
I'm not a fortune teller.
rihannanavytilldie
Manager

Postby Timmy94 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:34 pm

Promotion was a big lack that era but let's be honest, the material was a lack just as big and I don't even know whether the album would've been a hit had it been released by the star of the moment...
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
Timmy94
Legend

Postby Westen » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:57 pm

Westen wrote:

yes, but now not even people care about her I dare say :x
but LTBL video already has +1.500.000 views and it's not official video or single, i think that proves that public is still interested in here but they don't have a chance to hear her on radio so they can buy album
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Westen wrote:

Since Bionic she has actually promoted and performed singles from "Bionic", "Burlesque" and "Lotus" at American idol, Mtv movie awards, hope for haiti, American music awards (twice promoting both: Burlesque and Lotus) , multiple times on "The voice" and on some talk shows and still didn't work, the singles or the albums never took off.

She even performed "You lost me" at American idol finale and the single didn't even debut on the Hot 100

Its completely false she hasn't promote, in fact she has promoted at some of the hottest TV shows and events in the US. where she has managed to perform: Not myself tonight, you lost me, lift me up, Bionic, Express, Just a fool, Make the world move, Army of me, Let there be love. Etc.

The only non-promoted single has been "Your body", yet she did promotion for "Not myself tonight, "You lost me" and "Just a fool"
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby AutomaticBR » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks Westen for that list, I love to see those kind of full updates for an artist! Particularly shocked though with "Reflection" sales, how did that one sold more than many of her hits? it's her oldest song, never charted anywhere, and still, sold more than some huge hits? are you sure it's total sales are not 30k instead of 300k? lol
AutomaticBR
Legend

Postby Westen » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:12 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
Westen wrote:

Since Bionic she has actually promoted and performed singles from "Bionic", "Burlesque" and "Lotus" at American idol, Mtv movie awards, hope for haiti, American music awards (twice promoting both: Burlesque and Lotus) , multiple times on "The voice" and on some talk shows and still didn't work, the singles or the albums never took off.

She even performed "You lost me" at American idol finale and the single didn't even debut on the Hot 100

Its completely false she hasn't promote, in fact she has promoted at some of the hottest TV shows and events in the US. where she has managed to perform: Not myself tonight, you lost me, lift me up, Bionic, Express, Just a fool, Make the world move, Army of me, Let there be love. Etc.

The only non-promoted single has been "Your body", yet she did promotion for "Not myself tonight, "You lost me" and "Just a fool"
her promotion was awful when we compare her to katy's or rihanna's, christina performed only 4 times during lotus era and she hasn't promoted lead and only single, not to mention she hasn't appeared anywhere for a interview
Last edited by Westen on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westen
Legend

Postby Westen » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:12 pm

AutomaticBR wrote:Thanks Westen for that list, I love to see those kind of full updates for an artist! Particularly shocked though with "Reflection" sales, how did that one sold more than many of her hits? it's her oldest song, never charted anywhere, and still, sold more than some huge hits? are you sure it's total sales are not 30k instead of 300k? lol
haha yes i'm sure xD
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:22 am

Westen wrote:her promotion was awful when we compare her to katy's or rihanna's, christina performed only 4 times during lotus era and she hasn't promoted lead and only single, not to mention she hasn't appeared anywhere for a interview
She has done interviews for both "Bionic" and "Lotus" , there's a really infamous one for "Bionic" where she ashamed a journalist for "Coughing in her interview".

she also travaled around the world to promote "Burlesque" and gave some radio interviews about both film and soundtrack album.

and yes, she hasn't promoted like Katy or Rihanna (who are new artists and are building their legacy, a thing that Xtina already did). Yet contemporaries / peers like P!nk has done around the same promotion Xtina has done. :wink:

To be honest, I don't even know why she flops. "You lost me" is a beautiful enough ballad to save "Bionic", and "Your body" wasn't innovative but it was catchy enough for me to easily predict a top 15 / top 20 in United states (at least). I just don't know what happens with her.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Westen » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:40 am

MrLeonix wrote:
Westen wrote:her promotion was awful when we compare her to katy's or rihanna's, christina performed only 4 times during lotus era and she hasn't promoted lead and only single, not to mention she hasn't appeared anywhere for a interview
she also travaled around the world to promote "Burlesque" and gave some radio interviews about both film and soundtrack album.

yes she promoted burlesque and it did great, but what about ww promo for lotus? i mean 1 performance in uk can do wonders, and YB had radio support there
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:01 am

Westen wrote:yes she promoted burlesque and it did great, but what about ww promo for lotus? i mean 1 performance in uk can do wonders, and YB had radio support there
Actually the WW promotion of "Burlesque" was nearly useless, I don't know if you're awared of it, but "Burlesque (album)" was more of a US / Japan thing , it flopped terribly in Europe and most countries where she did promotion for the album. I agree she didn't do promotion for "Lotus" or "Bionic" outside the US, so I agree the international markets were mistreated by her. But she did promotion for those albums in the United States and the results were almost non-existent there.

Remember promotion generally starts in the USA first for american acts, so I think in her label's case the money / budget was a big issue, its really hard to invest so much money and time traveling around the world doing campaign and promotion for the album after the low results in the US, I guess it was hard to do it financially speaking.

I'm 100% "Just a fool" didn't have a music video or "Lotus" didn't have more singles because of budget / financial issues in result of the low sales of the album.

She needs more support from Radio, she was a huge radio artist before (she was a bigger radio act than most of her peers), She is in shape now, she should prepare a promo tour visiting several US cities and re-introducing herself, she needs to stay away from the electropop, and to be honest IMO she should leave that sh*t "The Voice", I hate to see her as a TV judge act. And the show is not really doing anything for her career really (is not selling her albums, is not giving her hits, anything), I hate to see her as a Reality TV star, she is bigger and deserves better than that. :wink:
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Westen » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:32 am

MrLeonix wrote:
Westen wrote:yes she promoted burlesque and it did great, but what about ww promo for lotus? i mean 1 performance in uk can do wonders, and YB had radio support there
Actually the WW promotion of "Burlesque" was nearly useless, I don't know if you're awared of it, but "Burlesque (album)" was more of a US / Japan thing , it flopped terribly in Europe and most countries where she did promotion for the album. I agree she didn't do promotion for "Lotus" or "Bionic" outside the US, so I agree the international markets were mistreated by her. But she did promotion for those albums in the United States and the results were almost non-existent there.

Remember promotion generally starts in the USA first for american acts, so I think in her label's case the money / budget was a big issue, its really hard to invest so much money and time traveling around the world doing campaign and promotion for the album after the low results in the US, I guess it was hard to do it financially speaking.

I'm 100% "Just a fool" didn't have a music video or "Lotus" didn't have more singles because of budget / financial issues in result of the low sales of the album.

She needs more support from Radio, she was a huge radio artist before (she was a bigger radio act than most of her peers), She is in shape now, she should prepare a promo tour visiting several US cities and re-introducing herself, she needs to stay away from the electropop, and to be honest IMO she should leave that sh*t "The Voice", I hate to see her as a TV judge act. And the show is not really doing anything for her career really (is not selling her albums, is not giving her hits, anything), I hate to see her as a Reality TV star, she is bigger and deserves better than that. :wink:
actually i'm hoping she has something planed to save Lotus, video is doing amazing, she's in amazing shape, The voice is starting, maybe she can save this era like M5 saved Hand all over
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Westen wrote:actually i'm hoping she has something planed to save Lotus, video is doing amazing, she's in amazing shape, The voice is starting, maybe she can save this era like M5 saved Hand all over
Well I always thought "Let there be love" and "Army of me" should've been singles. "Army" is very underrated.

she should continue with "Let there be love" and releasing some radio or buzz singles and try to push the album to -Gold- status in USA.

but she should definately come back to studio, now that she looks insanely beautiful and in shape she needs a new era, a 2014 quarter release would be amazing.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Materini » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Let there be love is an amazing song...
Materini
Superstar

Postby croatiaxtina » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:39 pm

Materini wrote:Let there be love is an amazing song...
+1 could've been summer hit!
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:07 pm

Denmark

22/08-2013
Christina Aguilera Your Body
Guld
S (streaming)
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby jpguy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:27 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
As much as you might hate her on The Voice, it is wha pays her expensive dinner dates and trips and millions to pay her expensive bills, lol.. AND most importantly it wasn't the public's fault she just didn't sell the album... let's be honest, her performances were horribly executed, she was extremely out of shape and her wardrobe... her looks, her style, even her voice was so off-key probably because she was out of shape... I , as a huuuuge, big Xtina fan, didn't like the album NOR the performances, so how was the gral. public going to accept her for what she was doing and then buy the album, it was so off-putting. She never performed the lead single anywhere, she didn't do a radio tour, OR even visited any other country... I mean, not even Canada.
Now the Just A Fool single, it was already proved that by then nothing could ever save the album.. nothing, a video wouldn't make more sense considering the song was receiving absolutely NO airplay... nothing. Usually hits grow depending on airplay not on a video... releasing a video doesn't always mean it's going to be a radio hit, if DJ's just don't play your songs you won't make it anywhere, ask Ciara and Avril Lavigne.

Now for Christina, I truly don't know what could possibly work for her. If we look at the panorama Christina doesn't realy fit anywhere... she's a powerhouse vocalist, will she do great by re-introducing Jazz and Soul like Back to Basics (DJ's WON'T EVER play any jazzy track now, they just won't , she needs a huge radio hit)... a ballad? Another flop, she's seen so many ballads go to waste , they didjn't become huge hits as in the Beautiful days (Hurt was massive in Europe, yet it was a regular success in the USA going gold and having peaked inside the top 20, You Lost Me was a total failure, Blank Page or Just a Fool wouldn't exactly put her back on the map) ... Electro pop ? we've seen what happened with Lotus and Your Body... IMO it could work for Christina if she was thin and had a sexy video ... something HUGE like what Britney did with Womanizer and its video.. hot performances and great shape to perform that track...
I think something in the likes of We Found Love / On The Floor or whatever huge-sized hit may work for Christina, cause at the end of the day she's still a pop star, she isn't OLD (ie Celine or Mariah) to say she can't pull off electro or what's hot and current... we already know Christina won't sell like Adele as in performing a Rolling in the Deep, it will go to waste and be forgotten like many of her singles... I don't know, it's hard to say what would work and what wouldn't work for her...
IMO she needs something like Moves Like Jagger... it was a bit funky, still had that dance catchy hook... I think that's what she needs AND she needs a big name to help her career, like it or not she needs Pitbull or Adam Levine or Justin Timberlake, or Bieber... lol... she just won't make it anywhere on her own...
::: Christina Aguilera - Liberation IS COMING 6.15.18 :::
jpguy
Legend

Return to Artist Chart Analysis