Have a Moan!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Madgefan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:20 pm

larces wrote:Uni is killing me. Just started my bachelor thesis in biology and I'm constantly doing 45-50 hours a week in the lab + pc work at home :cry:
I understand that all too well. All that time in the lab whilst the arts students had like 3 lectures a week :wink:
It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is
Madgefan
Superstar

Postby Shorty » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:36 am

Shorty wrote:We also have all these annoying little shit kids who live on the street that connects to ours who hang around outside making lots of noise - one of the houses that surround us is empty atm and the guy who owns it is renovating it. The kids always go in the back garden of the empty house and make noise and jump on things.
The annoying little shits are back, they were back in next door's empty property again. The guy who owns it accidentally left underneath his house unlocked and they were going under there, and we heard breaking glass earlier. We went over and yelled at them to get out of there and leave. Where the hell are these kids' parents??? They obviously don't care about them cos they just let them wander around into people's properties :-? It's a bit worrying cos we're going away for 3 and a half weeks soon, and we're worried they're gonna come in our property while we're not here :roll:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Virgostar » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:19 am

Total #firstworldproblems post here....

So Sydney had a big storm on Wednesday night & as a result of that our cable TV signal is now patchy, meaning that we have no signal whatsoever to about half the channels we have, including all of the free-to-air ones. It's like taking a lucky dip as to which ones actually work! Oh & to top it all off, the bloody cable company (good ol' Foxtel) can't get someone out to see what the problem is until Thursday. Yep, that's right, Thursday. WTF? #nothappyjan :evil:
Let's embrace the point of no return.
Virgostar
Ex-Admin

Postby Carbon » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:37 pm

when I see capitalized And, To, Of, A, An, etc in titles I die a little inside
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Serby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:01 pm

mrlemonade wrote:when I see capitalized And, To, Of, A, An, etc in titles I die a little inside
I do these thing after a feeling (after, based on??), but for some reason, I would write to with capital T, rest would look wrong, though!
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby toni_pest » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:22 pm

those neighbors that never greet back...................ugh bish is it so hard to say hi
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby xtofer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:07 am

mrlemonade wrote:when I see capitalized And, To, Of, A, An, etc in titles I die a little inside
It's the other way around for me. :oops: I'm kinda OC when all the words in the title are not capitalized.
xtofer
Legend

Postby Colbie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:04 am

How many times do i have to say this!? leggings cant be used as trousers!!
Mic Mic Bungee
Colbie
Superstar

Postby Shorty » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:09 am

Colbie wrote:How many times do i have to say this!? leggings cant be used as trousers!!
LOL I agree totally :lol: I always cringe when I'm out and I see girls wearing leggings with a short as hell top, I want to yell at them "Either wear a longer top so you're covered up or put proper trousers on!" lol :lol: I do wear leggings with long tops occasionally, but that's only cos I'm short so a lot of shirts are like dresses on me so they hang down to my knees :lol:
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Timmy94 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:36 pm

I don't like how people lately open threads in the Artist Chart Analysis or Genre Junction sections only to say that they were the first ones to do so without reliable sources and basically nothing to express. It only turns those sections into a huge mess and people need to stop thinking that it's some kind of competition and rather develop a broader point of view.
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
Timmy94
Legend

Postby oasisbobo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:46 am

Not enough people listen to this album...

oasisbobo
Legend

Postby Carbon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:19 am

why do i have to do everything last minuteeeee
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:47 am

I hate irresponsible people whose irresponsibility affects you because you're lumped in a group with them. Seriously, it's like if you want anything done right, you have to do it yourself, and when you go ahead and do it, people get angry and call you a control freak. #damnedifyoudo #damnedifyoudont :x

Ugh, thank goodness that was the last group project for my undergraduate degree. #overtherainbow #abovethebullsh*t
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby hotMCfan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:27 am

JSparksFan wrote:I hate irresponsible people whose irresponsibility affects you because you're lumped in a group with them. Seriously, it's like if you want anything done right, you have to do it yourself, and when you go ahead and do it, people get angry and call you a control freak. #damnedifyoudo #damnedifyoudont :x

Ugh, thank goodness that was the last group project for my undergraduate degree. #overtherainbow #abovethebullsh*t
I hope you don't encounter someone who is like that at work. It's more frustrating. Ugh
hotMCfan
Superstar

Postby Shorty » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:21 am

Tomorrow I fly home to NZ - I have to take 3 flights home, plus we have a 10 hour layover in LA, then the flight to Sydney is going to be around 14 hours. PLUS I have to get up at 5am tomorrow cos our shuttle to the airport comes at 5:30, cos our flight from DC to LA is an early one. Kill me now :o

Sooooo much traveling and waiting around :cry: I'm gonna be so happy to get home you can't believe :lol:
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby hotMCfan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:42 pm

Zzzz i'm in a dinner meeting with my bosses from India and Indonesia and I'm about to faint. All i hear is blablabla. I nees sleep. I've dropped my form 3 times lol
hotMCfan
Superstar

Postby xtofer » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:52 am

This. Right now. #aintnobodygottimeforthat
xtofer
Legend

Postby Timmy94 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Madgefan wrote:
larces wrote:Uni is killing me. Just started my bachelor thesis in biology and I'm constantly doing 45-50 hours a week in the lab + pc work at home :cry:
I understand that all too well. All that time in the lab whilst the arts students had like 3 lectures a week :wink:
Biology, chemistry and medicine are known to be very time-consuming indeed. 10am to 6pm days are not unusual due to the laboratory work. Still wonder how that works with the CP thing :lol: .
In my case, I have 8 lectures and seminars (3 of them with additional exercises) and that's OK.
There are differences, 3 lectures a week sounds kind of few though. Either way, I know that the mathematics students at my college only have 3 lectures (+ 3 exercises) in their first semester and it's 4 (+ an exercise for each) for the law students. Guess it depends on how labor-intensive each lecture/seminar is.

This semester for example,
I have 1 course with 6CP,
2 courses with 5CP,
5 with 3CP and
I get 1 additional CP and another 2 CP for bigger exams.
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
Timmy94
Legend

Postby Serby » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:07 pm

xtofer wrote:Image
This. Right now. #aintnobodygottimeforthat
I love m mom and I think she's actually wuite inteligent (she always find ways to fix stuff in the house using whatever she has etc.) BUT... when she uses laptop, she brain turns off and if I tell her to click in upper right corner, she's like in the bottom left :lol:
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby larces » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:00 pm

Timmy94 wrote:Biology, chemistry and medicine are known to be very time-consuming indeed. 10am to 6pm days are not unusual due to the laboratory work. Still wonder how that works with the CP thing :lol: .
In my case, I have 8 lectures and seminars (3 of them with additional exercises) and that's OK.
There are differences, 3 lectures a week sounds kind of few though. Either way, I know that the mathematics students at my college only have 3 lectures (+ 3 exercises) in their first semester and it's 4 (+ an exercise for each) for the law students. Guess it depends on how labor-intensive each lecture/seminar is.

This semester for example,
I have 1 course with 6CP,
2 courses with 5CP,
5 with 3CP and
I get 1 additional CP and another 2 CP for bigger exams.
We have this "rule" that 30 hours of work are worth 1 CP :wink: E.g. I had two 4 week "Module" that brought 10CP each :roll: :lol:
larces
Legend

Postby Timmy94 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Could you explain this in a more detailed and coherent way?

In my case, my timetable looks like this:
Monday: 12am-4pm
Tuesday: no courses
Wednesday: 10am-4pm
Thursday: 2pm-6pm
Friday: 8am-12pm

There's an additional 4-hour-seminar I have to attend 3 times during the semester.

I do one seminar than I'd have to during the semester as I'd only have one lecture on Friday and that wouldn't really be worth the ride imo.

Say no to streaming!
Timmy94
Legend

Postby Shorty » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:00 pm

I can't find my keys :-? I seriously have no damn clue what I did with them before I left for the USA. I don't remember hiding them, so the only place they could be would be in my Dad's car cos I went out with him the morning before my trip and I used my keys and put them in his glovebox, I could have forgotten to take them back out. But if I did... surely my Dad would have opened his glovebox in the past three weeks and seen them :-? Arghhh...
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby xtofer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:11 am

Serby wrote:I love m mom and I think she's actually wuite inteligent (she always find ways to fix stuff in the house using whatever she has etc.) BUT... when she uses laptop, she brain turns off and if I tell her to click in upper right corner, she's like in the bottom left :lol:
Ha! Exactly!!!
In my head I was like "nobody taught me how to do these thang I figured it out myself" :lol:

Anyway, I just got back from the doctor because I have this ear congestion for a week now. He told me I probably got that from the cold I have last week and it might also be connected to a sinus problem. Then, he told me that I have to avoid cold beverages and anything frozen! It's summer here right now and the temperature is around 33C. I need some daily dose of cold juice and ice cream to survive!!! :evil:
xtofer
Legend

Postby Shorty » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:17 am

Serby wrote:I love m mom and I think she's actually wuite inteligent (she always find ways to fix stuff in the house using whatever she has etc.) BUT... when she uses laptop, she brain turns off and if I tell her to click in upper right corner, she's like in the bottom left :lol:
LOL that's like my Mum and any technology ever. She couldn't figure out how to use the in-flight entertainment touchscreens on our flights throughout our trip... :lol: I'd be watching something or typing on my laptop with earphones in, and I'd feel her poke me. I take the earphones out and she goes "Megan, how do I go back to the menu and pick another show, I'm bored of this one", I show her how to do it and go back to what I was doing. Then I feel her poke me AGAIN, and I have to show her once again. Repeat this on all the flights we took with inflight entertainment :lol:
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby ThaInfo1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:48 am

JSparksFan wrote:I hate irresponsible people whose irresponsibility affects you because you're lumped in a group with them. Seriously, it's like if you want anything done right, you have to do it yourself, and when you go ahead and do it, people get angry and call you a control freak. #damnedifyoudo #damnedifyoudont :x

Whew girl...I know this pain. I have a class that my grade is 70% group work and it's been a mucky mess since the first day. I have the problem of being "too reliable". So when people slack, they'll know that I will do it...which is some BS (because I don't like my grade being played with). We have a facilitator in our group who is very unstable and forever doing the most. And two guys that don't do shit (but once these group member ratings come out, they'll regret that) Thank God this is it for undergrad group work. They have been some of my worst college experiences EVER!!!!

When your last day of class and when is graduation for you? Last day for me is May 1st (Classes end two days before and senior finals are on the two days after it) and the big day is May 17th for me.

I've been trying my best to "enjoy the last moments" but I'm so ready to get these two weeks over with...They can fall off fast like a flop for all I care. Just give me my degree.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Return to Test