Tansike's Year-End Charts 2017 - Finished

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Tansike » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:47 pm

A L B U M . . Y E A R - E N D . . C H A R T S . . 2 0 1 7

3. Halsey – hopeless fountain kingdom
Chartrun: *1*-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-4-3-5-7-8-9-11-16-18-16-11-14-16-12-9-8-6-6-9- / 29w
Certification: 2x PLATINUM

Halsey got two votes in the poll and she was definitely a good choice to vote for, as her second studio album "hopeless fountain kingdom" was easily one of the biggest smashes on my weekly chart in 2017, yet she isn't the one who tops my charts and ends up third on the Albums Year-End Charts 2017.

I have a strange relationship to the singer. I can't really remember how i found out about her, but i did discover her shortly before the release of her debut "Badlands", and while i thought the music she did on it was already interesting back then, her persona was really off-putting for me and so she left my radar fast again. However, despite not liking her as an artist, i got hyped for her second album, and was so excited to hear its lead single "Now Or Never", which immediately became my favorite song from her at that time. Once the album came out, i fell in love with her completely, and now i'm even loving her as an artist. This album is just SO GOOD! The only tracks i skip are the intro and the closer, which are still solid though. The rest is alternative pop at its best - or as someone else on UKMix once described it: Tumblr pop at its best! She made everything right with "hopeless fountain kingdom" in my opinion, from artwork, to music, to promotion, and here's hope this gets some more single releases through 2018.

"hopeless fountain kingdom" spawned three singles so far: "Now Or Never" (#8 on the YEC 2017), "Bad At Love" (#78) and "Alone", which just got released. "Sorry" was released as a promotional track in 2018 and will make the Year-End Charts in that year.

My favorite songs:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:48 pm

2. Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough
Chartrun in 2016: *1*-1-1-3-3-2-6-7-6-9-11-10-8-11-14-9-7-8- / 18w
Chartrun in 2017: 14-10-2-2-*1*-1-4-8-10-7-2-1-4-5-8-13-16-14-12-11-3-8-11-7-11-8-7-8-11-14-18-12-13-16-18-20-Out-RE 11-12-12-19-Out-RE 15-18-Out / 42w
Certification: 3x PLATINUM
Ranking in the YEC 2016: #3

Similar to the Year-End Charts 2016, the second most successful album of 2017 is also an album which was released in the previous year, and that's "Brave Enough" by Lindsey Stirling. The violinist has released yet another strong effort with this album, as it still has the typical Lindsey sound with all the dubstep and violin play, but also has influences from other genres, including several collaborations with artists like Andrew McMahon, Christina Perri, Dan + Shay, Rooty and ZZ Ward, offering a great variety of sounds.

With this Top3 finish, 2017 is already the fourth year where she has placed one of her albums in the Top3 of the Year-End Charts. Her self-titled debut topped the Countdown in 2013, follow-up "Shatter Me" made it to #3 on the YEC 2014 (while the debut still was #8), while "Brave Enough" already made it to #3 on the YEC 2016, plus "Warmer In The Winter" made it to #14. 2015 also was a success, as "Shatter Me" (#17) and "Live From London" (#19) both placed in the Top20.

As with all releases by Lindsey, it's often not so clear which songs are proper singles, which one promo singles and which ones just got a simple video as she had fun to do so. However, six songs of "Brave Enough" made my weekly chart: "The Arena" (#8 on the YEC 2016, #269 on the YEC 2017), "Something Wild" (#30 in 2016, #64 in 2017), "Prism" (#85 in 2016, #115 in 2017), "Hold My Heart" (#49 in 2016, #58 in 2017), "Love's Just A Feeling" (#69 in 2017) and "Lost Girls" (#5 in 2017).

My favorite songs:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:49 pm

1. Zara Larsson – So Good
Chartrun: 2-*1*-1-1-1-4-6-6-9-13-13-12-13-14-11-12-12-12-13-11-8-5-6-8-8-6-7-10-17-20-17-10-11-1-6-15-19-20-Out / 38w
Certification: 2x PLATINUM

And here it is, the most successful album on my charts in 2017: "So Good" by Swedish singer Zara Larsson! With 437 chart points, it had only 18 points more than Lindsey Stirling's "Brave Enough" and 31 more than Halsey's "hopeless fountain kingdom", which means the Top3 is very near to each other. That's a nice increase compared to the Year-End Charts 2016, where the most successful album only made it to 345 points.

"So Good" was released as Zara's international debut album in early 2017, and it was preceded by lots of singles releases, such as the worldwide hits "Lush Life" and "Never Forget You". She already made an impression on my charts with her singles, and i was so looking forward to this release that it was already clear that she'll smash, and in the end i definitely didn't get disappoint by it. My first fears were that the singles were already the clear highlights and the remaining tracks won't have something more to offer, however it turned out completely different, as the album still had many gems left, such as the ballads "One Mississippi" or "I Can't Fall In Love Without You", the catchy pop tunes "TG4M", "Only You" or "Don't Let Me Be Yours" (the latter two still becoming singles at a later point of 2017) or the urban influenced "Make That Money Girl". Overall, the album really has no lows and is a very well done international debut for the singer, and i'm pretty sure that the follow-up may be another success.

The big success of "So Good" was also due to its singles, which were not only hits, but there were also lots of singles releases off this record: "Lush Life" (#25 on the YEC 2015, #268 on the YEC 2017), "Never Forget You" (#17 in 2015, #25 in 2016, #48 in 2017), "Ain't My Fault" (#96 in 2016, #361 in 2017), "I Would Like" (#189 in 2016, #95 in 2017), "So Good" (#151 in 2017), "Don't Let Me Be Yours" (#84 in 2017) and "Only You" (#11 in 2017).

Also on the album was "Symphony", a collaboration with Clean Bandit, which made it to #1 on the Singles Year-End Charts 2017. Therefore, Zara basically made the double this year, making 2017 the fifth year to have the same artist topping the Singles- and Albums Countdowns following 2015 (Nightwish with "Élan" & "Endless Forms Most Beautiful"), 2013 (Lindsey Stirling with "Crystallize" & "Lindsey Stirling"), 2012 (Lana Del Rey with "Video Games" & "Born To Die") and 2011 (Adele with "Someone Like You" & "21").

My favorite songs:
Tansike
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:56 am

I kinda expected Ed Sheeran to be on top of the album charts to be honest. But it's a nice surprise to see Zara atop of your Year End Charts. :D

It's great to see "Perfect" on your favorite songs list. It's probably my favorite song by Ed Sheeran so far.

I've heard "Sorry" by Halsey the other day and thought it's a beautiful track. It might enter my weekly charts soon.

From "SO GOOD" I think "Symphony" would be my favorite track... but "Never Forget You" is beautiful, too!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Magnus » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Time to do a(n extremely late) catch-up comment here. I already commented the bubblers and the 80-100 positions so this is from the top 80:

77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
76. Little Mix – Touch
72. My Indigo – My Indigo
70. Helene Fischer – Herzbeben
66. Lana Del Rey – Love
53. Selena Gomez feat. Gucci Mane – Fetish
46. Alma – Requiem
45. Beatrice Egli – Federleicht
43. Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter
37. P!nk – What About Us
33. Taylor Swift - …Ready For It?
24. Rachel Platten – Perfect For You
20. Rachel Platten – Broken Glass
18. Marina Kaye – Something
10. Marina Kaye – On My Own
9. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – My Sweet Mystery
7. Selena Gomez – Bad Liar
2. Kerli – Spirit Animal

I'm sorry to say it, but looking at this list 2017 definitely feels like a mediocre year, especially compared to 2015 and 2016 where I think there was more overlap between our charts. And many of those songs I listed here didn't even reach my top 200. But this is not to criticize your dedication and great work with both the weekly chart and the Year end charts! (Would Kerli have been #1 had it not been for the score rule change?)

Albums:

175. Carrie Underwood Greatest Hits: Decade #1
174. Taylor Swift 1989
172. Nina Kraljic Samo
170. Lana Del Rey Born To Die
161. Rachel Platten Wildfire
160. Christina Grimmie Side A EP
156. Louane Louane
143. Little Mix Glory Days
123. Lenka Attune
122. Maren Morris Hero
119. Lena Crystal Sky
116. Lea Michele Places
106. Tarja The Brightest Void
95. Carrie Underwood Storyteller
94. Invader Girl Dark Light EP
88. Aly & AJ Ten Years EP
84. Tarja The Shadow Self
78. Selena Gomez Revival
72. Lady Antebellum Heart Break
52. Helene Fischer Helene Fischer
48. Lauren Alaina – Road Less Traveled
46. Alma – Ma peau aime
45. RaeLynn – WildHorse
39. Tarja – From Spirits And Ghosts (Score For A Dark Christmas)
35. Taylor Swift – Reputation
33. Christina Grimmie – All Is Vanity
32. Vanessa Mai – Regenbogen
25. Christina Grimmie – Side B EP
24. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element
22. Eurovision Song Contest 2017
18. Marina Kaye – Explicit
16. Rachel Platten – Waves
8. Lorde – Melodrama
7. Lana Del Rey – Lust For Life

There are most likely some albums I never checked out in full but would have liked; included here only those I know I listened to at least once. Lauren Alaina, RaeLynn and Taylor Swift are the three clear highlights in the top 50.
Magnus
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Tue May 01, 2018 3:06 am

I like Ed's album more than I care to admit. It's soulless, saccharine, and formulaic, but I'll be damned if I sit here and say I don't like 90% of the songs.

Lindsey's album is fantastic. She's been one of my favourite discoveries of the last five years. Her music is insanely therapeutic.

I only know "Symphony", "Only You", and "One Mississippi" from Zara's album. The first is terrific; the latter two are okay. I feel like she's more of a singles act for me, but I might check out an album from her one day.
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:02 pm

Better late than never (i guess?) but i'm FINALLY moving on to the third and last part of this topic. But first, thanks for all comments & let me reply now...

luckyONE wrote:I kinda expected Ed Sheeran to be on top of the album charts to be honest. But it's a nice surprise to see Zara atop of your Year End Charts. :D

It's great to see "Perfect" on your favorite songs list. It's probably my favorite song by Ed Sheeran so far.

I've heard "Sorry" by Halsey the other day and thought it's a beautiful track. It might enter my weekly charts soon.

From "SO GOOD" I think "Symphony" would be my favorite track... but "Never Forget You" is beautiful, too!
Ed was a good bet and he definitely would have deserved the #1 spot as well, though i felt like i got over his album much faster than expected. Zara's album really showed a stronger performance in the long run. Glad you're liking her at #1! :D

Woah, that's huge! I wouldn't call it my favorite song by him (that's still "I See Fire") but it's definitely one of his better songs to date.

VERY happy to hear this about Halsey! "Sorry" should have been a big hit for her :cry:

YAY. "Symphony" is perfect, but "Never Forget You" is even more. And both of songs also relate to me on a personal level. The expectations on new music by Zara is really big at this point.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Magnus wrote:Time to do a(n extremely late) catch-up comment here. I already commented the bubblers and the 80-100 positions so this is from the top 80:

I'm sorry to say it, but looking at this list 2017 definitely feels like a mediocre year, especially compared to 2015 and 2016 where I think there was more overlap between our charts. And many of those songs I listed here didn't even reach my top 200. But this is not to criticize your dedication and great work with both the weekly chart and the Year end charts! (Would Kerli have been #1 had it not been for the score rule change?)
Hey Magnus :)

Thanks for having done this catch-up, even though it’s not even that late (especially compared to my reply now!) :oops:

I’m glad to see there are a few songs in the Top80 you also enjoy. Personally I have to admit I even expected you to like less than these, as I also felt like there’s much less on your charts that I even know yet alone having on my charts.
As for the question, I don’t know if I should be honest here since I know you dislike the artist who is #1 on my YEC, but I’m just being honest now: Yes, “Spirit Animal” would have been #1 with 739 points against the 686 of the song at #1 now. Kerli’s score got reduced to 665 points.
It’s the same scenario on the Album YEC, where the #1 has 437 points, while Lindsey Stirling at #2 would have 465 points which were reduced to 419 due to the new rule. So I guess you would have liked my YEC more under the old rules :oops:

Magnus wrote:Albums:

There are most likely some albums I never checked out in full but would have liked; included here only those I know I listened to at least once. Lauren Alaina, RaeLynn and Taylor Swift are the three clear highlights in the top 50.
Obviously no surprise to see you mentioning RaeLynn & Laura Alaina. Two discoveries I’ve made thanks to your charts, and I’m definitely keeping an eye on both artists.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 pm

JSparksFan wrote:I like Ed's album more than I care to admit. It's soulless, saccharine, and formulaic, but I'll be damned if I sit here and say I don't like 90% of the songs.

Lindsey's album is fantastic. She's been one of my favourite discoveries of the last five years. Her music is insanely therapeutic.

I only know "Symphony", "Only You", and "One Mississippi" from Zara's album. The first is terrific; the latter two are okay. I feel like she's more of a singles act for me, but I might check out an album from her one day.
To be fair I think there are many people who think the same :lol: Me included! He really knows what works in the charts right now!

Always VERY glad to hear this about Lindsey! I can’t believe “Brave Enough” turns two years old already soon, so fingers crossed for new music later this year :D

Wait, you never heard the singles “Never Forget You” or “Lush Life”? They were HUGE in Europe :o But the three you mentioned are clear highlights, so if two of them were just okay, then I’m not sure if you would enjoy the whole album. Maybe you’ll get more into her with her second album?
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:32 pm

M A M M Y . . A W A R D S . . 2 0 1 8

Unfortunately, life kept me busier during the past year than I ever expected, and my whole schedule got messed up completely. It’s mid June now, but I’m finally able to reveal the MAMMY AWARDS 2018.

The 'Mammy Awards' are a yearly award 'show' I've started many years ago. A few years ago i started to post them on UKMix as well, and while a separate topic did surprisingly well for 2015, it flopped hard the following year, which is why I decided to include them onto my YEC topic last year and still doing it so this year. The word 'Mammy' comes from Grammy, and my first name starts with an 'M', that's how the term 'Mammy' originated.

There are 18 different categories with five or six nominees in each category, except the Best Music Video and Best Airplay Artist categories with even more nominees. This is all fun and the winners are chosen by me, but you all can obviously guess the winners, leave your thoughts about it or comment which nominee would be your favorite.

Here are the nominees for the first ten categories – all genre awards:

Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Anywhere by Rita Ora
Broken Glass by Rachel Platten
I Got You by Bebe Rexha
Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran
Something by Marina Kaye
The Cure by Lady Gaga

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Solo Performance' is for songs with the genre pop and by one artist. Every pop song which was released as a single during 2017 or late 2016 is eligible. Previous winners are “Million Reasons” by Lady Gaga, “Same Old Love” by Selena Gomez, "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran, "Heart Attack" by Demi Lovato, "Blown Away" by Carrie Underwood, "Grenade" by Bruno Mars, "Firework" by Katy Perry, "Sparks" by Amy MacDonald and Adam Lambert, who won twice so far with "Whataya Want From Me" and "Never Close Our Eyes". That category exists since 2011 and there used to be two awards from 2011 to 2013 - one for male and one for female.

Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Fragments by Pegasus
Meteorite by Years & Years
Play That Song by Train
Thunder by Imagine Dragons
Touch by Little Mix

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group' is for songs with the genre pop and by a Duo or by a Group. Every pop song which was released as a single during 2017 or late 2016 is eligible. Previous winners are “Heathens” by Twenty One Pilots, “Warriors” by Imagine Dragons, "You Can Never Be Ready" by Sunrise Avenue, "If I Lose Myself" by OneRepublic, "Lost In Paradise" by Evanescence and Selena Gomez & The Scene, who won twice so far with "Hit The Lights" and "A Year Without Rain". That category exists since 2011.

Spoiler:

Bon Appétit by Katy Perry feat. Migos
Disconnect by Clean Bandit feat. Marina And The Diamonds
Feels by Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean
It Ain’t Me by Kygo & Selena Gomez
Stay by Zedd & Alessia Cara
Venus Fly by Grimes feat. Janelle Monae

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Collaboration' is for songs with the genre pop and must be a collaboration between at least two artists, no matter if these artists are solo artists, a Duo or a Group. Every pop song which was released as a single during 2017 or late 2016 is eligible. Previous winners are “Enough” by Delta Goodrem ft. Gizzle, “Sounds Like Heaven” by Marina Kaye ft. Lindsey Stirling, "Love Me Harder" by Ariana Grande & The Weeknd, "Friends" by Aura Dione ft. Rock Mafia, "We Found Love" by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris and Lady GaGa, who won twice so far with "Do What U Want" ft. R. Kelly and "Telephone" ft. Beyoncé. That category exists since 2011.

Spoiler:

Beautiful Trauma by P!nk
Explicit by Marina Kaye
Melodrama by Lorde
Tell Me You Love Me by Demi Lovato
Waves by Rachel Platten

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Vocal Album' is for albums with the genre pop. Every pop album which was released during 2017 or late 2016 is eligible, instrumental albums are not allowed. Previous winners are “This Is What The Truth Feels Like” by Gwen Stefani, “Breathe In. Breathe Out.” by Hilary Duff, "1989" by Taylor Swift, "Britney Jean" by Britney Spears, "Halcyon" by Ellie Goulding, "The Sea" by Melanie C and "La voix du nord" by Malena Ernman. That category exists since 2011.

Spoiler:

Herzbeben by Helene Fischer
Lost Girls by Lindsey Stirling
Nirvana by Inna
Sound Of Walking Away by Illenium & Kerli
Wolves by Selena Gomez & Marshmello

The Mammy for 'Best Dance Recording' is for songs with the genre dance/electronic. Every song which was released as a single during 2017 or late 2016 is eligible. Previous winners are “Take Flight” by Lindsey Stirling, "Only Girl (In The World)" by Rihanna, Kerli, who won three times so far with "Diamond Hard", "Zero Gravity" and "Army Of Love", and Lady GaGa, who won twice so far with "G.U.Y." and "Venus". That category exists since 2011.

Spoiler:

Awake by Illenium
Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1 by Calvin Harris
Memories…Do Not Open by The Chainsmokers
Nirvana by Inna
Where I Won’t Be Found by Seven Lions

The Mammy for 'Best Electronic/Dance Album' is for albums with the genre dance/electronic. Every album which was released during 2017 or late 2016 is eligible. Previous winners are “Conscious” by Broods, “Inna” by Inna, "Worlds Apart" by Seven Lions, "True" by Avicii, "MDNA" by Madonna, "Nothing But The Beat" by David Guetta and "The Fame" by Lady GaGa. That category exists since 2011.

Spoiler:

An Empty Dream by Tarja
Lvgvs by Eluveitie
Speak To Me by Amy Lee
The Eagle Flies Alone by Arch Enemy
The Ghost And The Reaper by The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen)

The Mammy for 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Song' is for songs with the genre rock/country/alternative. Every song which was released as a single during 2017 or late 2016 is eligible. Previous winners are “Familiar” by Agnes Obel, “My Silver Lining” by First Aid Kit, "Ride" by Lana Del Rey, "Storytime" by Nightwish, "Until My Last Breath" by Tarja and Within Temptation, who won twice so far with "Edge Of The World" and "Paradise (What About Us?)" ft. Tarja. That category exists since 2011.

Spoiler:

Evolve by Imagine Dragons
From A Room: Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 by Chris Stapleton
Native Invader by Tori Amos
Synthesis by Evanescence
The Dark Element by The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen)
Will To Power by Arch Enemy

The Mammy for 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Album' is for albums with the genre rock/country/alternative. Every album which was released during 2017 or late 2016 is eligible. Previous winners are “Hero” by Maren Morris, “Vulnicura” by Björk, "Let Us Burn" by Within Temptation, "Colours In The Dark" by Tarja and "Bear Creek" by Brandi Carlile. That category exists since 2013.

Spoiler:

Bodak Yellow by Cardi B
Down by Fifth Harmony feat. Gucci Mane
Fetish by Selena Gomez feat. Gucci Mane
Humble. by Kendrick Lamar
Versace On The Floor by Bruno Mars

The Mammy for 'Best R&B/Urban Song' is for songs with the genre R&B/urban. Every song which was released as a single during 2017 or late 2016 is eligible. Previous winners are “Work From Home” by Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dolla $ign, “The Hills” by The Weeknd, "Best Mistake" ft. Big Sean and "The Way" ft. Mac Miller, both by Ariana Grande. That category exists since 2014.

Spoiler:

All Your Fault, Pt. 1 and Pt. 2 by Bebe Rexha
Damn. by Kendrick Lamar
Fifth Harmony by Fifth Harmony
Ingwer und ewig by Lo & Leduc
The Ride by Nelly Furtado

The Mammy for 'Best R&B/Urban Album' is for albums with the genre R&B/Urban. Every album which was released during 2017 or late 2016 is eligible. Previous winners are “Starboy” and “Beauty Behind The Madness”, both by The Weeknd, "The Pinkprint" by Nicki Minaj and "Yours Truly" by Ariana Grande. That category exists since 2014.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:16 pm

And here are the remaining eight categories, including the main ones:

Spoiler:

Divide by Ed Sheeran
Evocation II: Pantheon by Eluveitie
hopeless fountain kingdom by Halsey
Lust For Life by Lana Del Rey
So Good by Zara Larsson

The Mammy for 'Album Of The Year' is for every album which was released during 2017 or late 2016, no matter of its genre. The album which made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. Previous winners are “Storyteller” by Carrie Underwood, “Endless Forms Most Beautiful” by Nightwish, "Shine" by Anette Olzon, "Lindsey Stirling" by Lindsey Stirling, "Born To Die" by Lana Del Rey, "21" by Adele and "The Fame" by Lady GaGa. That category exists since 2011.

Spoiler:

Again by Noah Cyrus feat. XXXTENTACION
My Sweet Mystery by The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen)
Praying by Kesha
Spirit Animal by Kerli
Symphony by Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson

The Mammy for 'Song Of The Year' is for every single which was released during 2017 or late 2016, no matter of its genre. The song which made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. Previous winners are “Feral Hearts” by Kerli, “Élan” by Nightwish, "Break Free" by Ariana Grande ft. Zedd, "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus, "Born To Die" by Lana Del Rey, "Someone Like You" by Adele and "Bad Romance" by Lady GaGa. That category exists since 2011.

Spoiler:
Ed Sheeran
Halsey
Lana Del Rey
Lindsey Stirling
Zara Larsson

The Mammy for 'Artist Of The Year' is for every artist who released a single and/or an album and/or an EP during 2017, no matter of its genre. The artist which made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. Previous winners are Nightwish, Within Temptation and Kerli (twice, 2017 and 2014). That category exists since 2014.

Spoiler:

13 Beaches by Lana Del Rey
Collide by Rachel Platten
Hi-Lo by Evanescence
Schönster Moment by Vanessa Mai
Strangers by Halsey feat. Lauren Jauregui
Where We Go by P!nk

The Mammy for 'Best Album Track' is for every song, which wasn't released as a single and is on an album that was released during 2017 or late 2016, no matter of its genre. The best song will win. Previous winners are “Holding On For Life” by Ellie Goulding, “The Girl” by Lena and "Moving Away" by Anette Olzon. That category exists since 2015.

Spoiler:
Ed Sheeran
Lindsey Stirling
The Weeknd
Zara Larsson

During 2017, i attended four concerts and every artist i've seen live is nominated for the Mammy for 'Best Live Act' . The act i enjoyed the most and made the best concert will win. Previous winners are Ellie Goulding, Tarja and Within Temptation. That category exists since 2015.

Spoiler:
Bebe Rexha
Cellar Darling
Dua Lipa
Niall Horan
Noah Cyrus

The Mammy for 'Best New Artist' is for every artist, who released a single and/or an album and/or an EP during 2017, no matter of its genre. The artist must be a new one or must have had his first entry ever on my charts during 2017 or late 2016. The artist who had the biggest impact on me and is the most promising one will win. Previous winners are LP, Zara Larsson, Sam Smith, Ariana Grande, Loreen, Bruno Mars and Kesha. That category exists since 2011.

Spoiler:
Anette Olzon
Ed Sheeran
Eluveitie
Halsey
Katy Perry
Lady Gaga
Lindsey Stirling
Miley Cyrus
Selena Gomez
Zara Larsson

The ten most played artists during 2017 are nominated for the Mammy for 'Best Airplay Artist', no matter if their played stuff was released during 2017 or not. Not the artist with the most plays will win, but the one that got played all the time during that year and had the biggest impact on my daily life through this. Previous winners are Carrie Underwood, Anette Olzon, Within Temptation and Kerli. That category exists since 2014.

Spoiler:
Bad Liar by Selena Gomez
Bon Appétit by Katy Perry feat. Migos
Carol Of The Bells by Lindsey Stirling
Everyday by Ariana Grande feat. Future
Feels by Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean
Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift
New Rules by Dua Lipa
Praying by Kesha
Venus Fly by Grimes feat. Janelle Monae

The Mammy for 'Best Music Video' is for every music video, which was released during 2017. The best music video wins. Previous winners are “Innocence” by Tarja, “Never Forget You” by Zara Larsson & MNEK, "G.U.Y." by Lady GaGa and "Work Bitch" by Britney Spears. That category exists since 2014.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:08 pm

Here is the first bunch of winners; the Dance/Electronic, Rock/Country/Alternative and R&B/Urban categories:

Nirvana by Inna

The Ghost And The Reaper by The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen)

The Dark Element by The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen)

Damn. by Kendrick Lamar
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:54 am

And here is the second bunch of winners; the Pop categories:

I Got You by Bebe Rexha

Meteorite by Years & Years

Stay by Zedd & Alessia Cara

Waves by Rachel Platten
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:33 pm

And to have this done & finally being able to move on, here is the third and final bunch of winners; the main categories:

hopeless fountain kingdom by Halsey

Halsey

13 Beaches by Lana Del Rey

Zara Larsson

Bebe Rexha

Lindsey Stirling

Bad Liar by Selena Gomez
Tansike
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:20 pm

Great to see "Meteorite" win Best Performance by a Group/Duo. That one's definitely one of my favourite pop songs of the last five years. The video is great, too. Big wins for Halsey!

I'm not even sure I saw the video for "Best Liar". I should probably check it out.
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:16 am

:o

First of all, thanks for taking the time to leave a reply here! I'm glad you love the winner for Best Performance by a Group/Duo. "Meteorite" really is awesome and still is my favorite Years & Years song to date.

As for "Bad Liar" - WHAT :o Never? Its video was so critically acclaimed. Selena is playing four roles and it's quite clever. Here it is, i hope you'll find the time to check it out:

Tansike
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:49 pm

^ Because I hate the song so much, I didn't care to check out the video, though I do remember people were pleased with it when it premiered.

I just saw it, and it isn't bad. Come to think of it, I don't usually care for Selena's videos ("Hands to Myself" is an exception because of the uber cute male model), so this was slightly better than her average.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:48 am

^ Oh, i didn't know you hate "Bad Liar" THAT much :oops:

Glad to hear you checked it out & it actually didn't make the worst impression on you :)
Tansike
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts