необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby leomedar » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:48 am

December 2nd 2016

R&B

Childish Gambino - "Awaken, My Love!"

Donald McKinley Glover (born September 25, 1983) is an American actor, writer, producer, director, comedian, rapper, DJ, singer, and songwriter. He performs as a stage artist under the stage name Childish Gambino, and as a disc jockey, he performs under the name mcDJ. "Awaken, My Love!" is his third studio album. Consisting of tracks being sung rather than rapped, its fusion of psychedelic soul, funk and R&B influences was considered a bold departure from the predominantly hip hop style of his prior work.

Highlights: Me And Your Mama, Redbone, Terrified, The Night Me And Your Mama Met, Stand Tall

John Legend - Darkness and Light

John Roger Stephens (born December 28, 1978), known professionally as John Legend, is an American singer, songwriter, musician and actor. Darkness and Light is his fifth studio album.

Highlights: I Know Better, Love Me Now, Surefire, Right By You, Temporarily Painless, How Can I Blame You, Same Old Story

Electronic

deadmau5 - W:/2016ALBUM/

Joel Thomas Zimmerman (born January 5, 1981), better known by his stage name deadmau5 (pronounced "dead mouse"), is a Canadian record producer and DJ from Toronto, Ontario. Zimmerman produces a variety of styles within the progressive house genre and sometimes other forms of electronic music. W:/2016ALBUM/ is his eighth studio album. The album's title, which was suggested by fans on Twitch, refers to a computer directory on Zimmerman's network-attached storage server used to store the master tracks of the songs on the album.

Highlights: Let Go (feat. Grabbitz), Snowcone

Alternative

The Narrative - Golden Silence

The Narrative is an American independent indie rock band from Long Island, New York, formed in 2007. Golden Silence is their second full length studio album. The album is what Suzie Zeldin call more "mature" compared as their last releases. o write and compose the musical style of the Golden Silence, the band took influences from folk artists such as Counting Crows, Arcade Fire, Bon Iver, Bruce Springsteen, Regina Spektor, Modest Mouse and Jimmy Eat World.

Highlights: Moving Out, Chasing A Feeling, California Sun

leomedar
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:02 am

I loved "Redbone" so much, I checked out the Childish Gambino album, but it was a huge disappointment. :(
And the category is: LIVE. WORK. POSE!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:08 pm

JSparksFan wrote:I loved "Redbone" so much, I checked out the Childish Gambino album, but it was a huge disappointment. :(
Too bad :(
I agree: Redbone is the best track of the album, much better than the rest, and with that in mind the rest can be dissapointing as they are not as good. But some other tracks are good imo and the general album is a good effort.
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:25 am

December 2nd 2016

Rap/Hip-Hop

Various Artists - The Hamilton Mixtape

The Hamilton Mixtape is a 2016 mixtape album featuring assorted songs from the 2015 Broadway musical Hamilton performed by various artists. In 2009, Lin-Manuel Miranda began a project titled The Hamilton Mixtape that would eventually transform into the 2015 Broadway musical Hamilton.

Highlights: My Shot, Wrote My Way Out, Wait For It, Dear Theodosia, It's Quiet Uptown, That Would Be Enough, Who Tells Your Story

Rock

The Rolling Stones - Blue & Lonesome

Blue & Lonesome is a covers album by the Rolling Stones—their 23rd British and 25th American studio album. It is the band's first album to feature only cover songs, and their first studio release since 2005's A Bigger Bang. Blue & Lonesome was recorded in just three days in December 2015. Eric Clapton plays guitar on two tracks; he was recording his own album in the same studio as the Stones were and was asked to play on a few tracks.

Highlights: Just Your Fool, Commit A Crime, Blue And Lonesome, I Gotta Go, Ride 'Em On Down, Little Rain, Just Like I Treat You

Pete Doherty - Hamburg Demonstrations

Peter Doherty (born 12 March 1979) is an English musician, songwriter, actor, poet, writer, and artist. Hamburg Demonstrations had been recorded in the city over a six month period.

Highlights: Kolly Kibber, Down for the Outing, Hell to Pay at the Gates of Heaven, I Don't Love Anymore (but You're Not Just Anyone) V1 and V2, The Whole World is our Playground

leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:30 pm

December 9th 2016

Rap/Hip-Hop

J. Cole - 4 Your Eyez Only

Jermaine Lamarr Cole (born January 28, 1985), better known by his stage name J. Cole, is an American hip hop recording artist and record producer. 4 Your Eyez Only is his fourth studio album. Lyrically, the album follows the story of a young man, as he goes from selling crack, to falling in love and starting a family. In the final track, it is revealed that he has died, and almost the entire album is a tape he created for his daughter to listen to after he's gone.

Highlights: She's Mine Pt. 1, Change, Folding Clothes, She's Mine Pt. 2, 4 Your Eyez Only

Alternative

Colorist & Emiliana Torrini - When We Dance

Emilíana Torrini Davíðsdóttir (born 16 May 1977), better known as Emilíana Torrini, is an Icelandic singer and songwriter.

Highlights: Blood Red, When We Dance

Maria Taylor - In the Next Life

Maria Diane Taylor (born May 21, 1976) is an American singer/songwriter from Birmingham, Alabama. She is also a member of the duo Azure Ray. In their review of the album, Innocent Words said "Taylor has one of the most remarkable singing voices of the last 20 years... One that is more comforting than bombastic, more soulful than aggressive. She is real."

Highlights: Home (feat. Conor Oberst), If Only, There's Only Now, While The Rest of me Is Waking Up, A Good Life, It Will Find Me, Pretty Scars

December 23rd 2016

Alternative

Nine Inch Nails - Not the Actual Events EP

Nine Inch Nails (abbreviated as NIN and stylized as NIИ) is an American industrial rock band founded in 1988 by Trent Reznor in Cleveland, Ohio. The EP marks a return to Nine Inch Nails's 1990's sound, departing from the texture and groove-oriented style of the previous album, Hesitation Marks Nevertheless, it also preserves electronic elements of the Hesitation Marks and Year Zero, but features "more organic elements" such as "noisy guitars, nostalgic piano lines and heavily distorted bass used on The Fragile and With Teeth." Reznor described the record as “an unfriendly, fairly impenetrable record that we needed to make.” The sound of the EP has also been labeled as industrial metal.

Highlights: The Idea of You
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:07 pm

January 6th 2017

Alternative

Sundara Karma - Youth Is Only Ever Fun in Retrospect

Sundara Karma are an English indie pop/indie rock/art rock band from Reading, Berkshire, England.

Highlights: A Young Understanding, Loveblood, Explore, Happy Family, Flame, She Said, Another Word For Beautiful

January 13th 2017

Alternative

The Flaming Lips - Oczy Mlody

The Flaming Lips are an American rock band formed in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, in 1983. Oczy Mlody (an erroneous Polish phrase, which could mean: "the young eyes") is their fourteenth studio album. It is described as a back-to-basics of the pop sensibilities touched upon with 1999's The Soft Bulletin and 2002's Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, while also building up on the ambient feel of their last album, The Terror, and topping it off with an influence of Miley Cyrus's most recent album thrown all into one sound.

Highlights: How?, There Should Be Unicorns, Do Glowy, The Castle, We A Family

Flo Morrissey and Matthew E. White - Gentlewoman, Ruby Man

Gentlewoman, Ruby Man is a cover album by English singer and songwriter Flo Morrissey and American musician Matthew E. White. The album consists of a series of versions of tracks by artists such as Frank Ocean, The Velvet Underground, Leonard Cohen, James Blake, and the Bee Gees.

Highlights: Look At What The Light Did Now, Looking For You, Everybody Loves The Sunshine

SOHN - Rennen

Christopher Michael Taylor, professionally known as Sohn (stylised as SOHN), is an English singer, songwriter and record producer.

Highlights: Hard Liquor, Conrad

xx - I See You

The xx are an English indie pop band formed in 2005 in Wandsworth, London which currently consists of Romy Madley Croft (guitar, vocals), Oliver Sim (bass, vocals) and Jamie Smith also known as Jamie xx (beats, MPC, record production). They are best known for their distinct and unique minimalistic sound that blends the likes of indie pop, indie electronic, dream pop and electronic rock and the dual vocalist setup of both Croft and Sim. Their music employs very soft, echoed guitar, prominent bass, light electronic beats and ambient soundscape backgrounds. The xx has stated that the record has a more distinctive sound and a more positive, open and "expansive" concept than the previous two albums.

Highlights: Say Something Loving, A Violent noise, Replica, On Hold, I Dare You, Naive, Brave For You (Marfa Demo)

Electronic

Bonobo - Migration

Simon Green (born 30 March 1976), known by his stage name Bonobo, is a British musician, producer and DJ based in Los Angeles.

Highlights: Bambro Koyo Ganda (feat. Innov Gnawa).

Country

Natalie Hemby - Puxico

Natalie Nicole Hemby Wrucke (born March 24, 1977) is an American country music songwriter and singer. She has written songs for Lee Ann Womack, Eli Young Band, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Sunny Sweeney and Little Big Town. Will Hermes from Rolling Stone stated about the album "It's a nostalgic LP, musically and thematically, about the value of roots – surprising, maybe, from a woman behind songs like Lambert's 'Pink Sunglasses' and 'Getaway Driver', which broaden country's palette. But Hemby's a master craftswoman, and in an era of rule-by-Twitter, songs like 'Grand Restoration' and 'Time Honored Tradition' make a case for traditionalism being its own kind of progressivism."

Highlights: Time Honored Tradition, Lovers On Display, Grand Restoration, Ferris Wheel, Worn, This Town Still Talks About You, I'll Remember How You Loved Me, Return
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:44 pm

January 20th 2017

Alternative

Cherry Glazerr - Apocalipstick

Cherry Glazerr is an American rock band from Los Angeles, California. The band worked on the album with producers Joe Chiccarelli and Carlos de la Garza, making their garage sound more polished. This album was said by AllMusic to have a '90s vibe and a sound influenced by indie bands.

Highlights: Told You I'd Be With The Guys, Trash People, Only Kid On The Block

Latin

J-Ax and Fedez - Comunisti col Rolex

Comunisti col Rolex is a collaborative album by Italian hip hop artists J-Ax and Fedez.

Highlights: Senza Pagare (vs T-Pain), Assenzio (feat. Stash & Levante), Comunisti col Rolex, Il Giorno E La Notte (feat. Giusy Ferreri), Milano Intorno, Vorrei Ma non Posto, Piccole Cose (feat. Alessandra Amoroso)

Rock

John Mayer - The Search for Everything

John Clayton Mayer, born October 16 1977, is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer.

Highlights: Still Feel Like Your Man, Helpless, Love on the Weekend, In The blood, Theme from "The Search for Everything", Moving on and Getting Over, Never on the Day you Leave

Country

Kasey Chambers - Dragonfly

Kasey Chambers (born 4 June 1976) is an Australian country singer-songwriter. Chambers said working with Paul Kelly on the album "was a dream", also adding: "Paul brought out a whole new side of me, but then I also got to enjoy the comforts of recording with the person who knows and has shaped my original sound better than anyone, my brother Nash, along with my live touring band who have become a huge part on my sound. This double album shows who I am as much as any piece of work I have ever done."

Highlights: Pompeii, Ain't No Little Girl, Summer Pillow, Golden Rails, You Ain't Worth Suffering For, Behind The Eyes of Henri Young, Dragonfly, Satellite, If We Had A Child (feat. Keith Urban), Annabelle

Rap/Hip-Hop

Loyle Carner - Yesterday's Gone

Benjamin Gerard Coyle-Larner, better known by the stage name Loyle Carner, is an English hip hop musician and actor. His sound has been described by NME as "sensitive and eloquent" and by The Guardian as "confessional hip-hop".

Highlights: The Isle of Arran, Mean It in the Morning, Damselfly (feat. Tom Misch), Ain't Nothing Changed, Florence (feat. Kwes)

leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:21 pm

January 27th 2017

Alternative

Allison Crutchfield - Tourist in This Town

In February 2015, Swearin' broke up, with band members Allison Crutchfield and Kyle Gilbride both ending their relationship with one another that same year. In January 2017 Crutchfield released the Jeff Zeigler-produced solo album Tourist in This Town on Merge Records. She described the record as "visceral, and a huge part of me processing these changes that I was going through".

Highlights: I Don't Ever Wanna Leave California, Charlie, Dean's Room, Sightseeing

Priests - Nothing Feels Natural

Priests are an American punk band formed in 2012. Nothing Feels Natural is their debut studio album. Their genre is considered Punk.

Highlights: Jj, Lelia 20, Nothing Feels Natural, Pink White House, Suck

Pop

Aquilo - Silhouettes

Aquilo are an English musical duo from Silverdale, Lancashire. Silhouettes is their debut studio album. "Like a warm embrace on an icy morning, the pair's captivating harmonies come together effortlessly"

Highlights: Silhouette, Blindside, Almost Over, You won't Know Where You Stand, I Gave It All, Complication, Never Seen You Get So Low, Low Light

R&B

Kehlani - SweetSexySavage

Kehlani Ashley Parrish (born April 24, 1995) is an American singer, songwriter and dancer. SweetSexySavage is her debut studio album. Kehlani described the album as having three elements; Sweet, Sexy and Savage, which are intended to be reflected in the album's lyrical content and production.

Highlights: Keep On, Distraction, Undercover, CRZY, Personal, Not Used To It, Advice, Escape, Get Like, In My Feelings, Gangsta

Rap/Hip-Hop

Matt Martians - The Drum Chord Theory

Matthew Martin (born September 12, 1988), better known by his stage name Matt Martians, is an American record producer, illustrator, singer, and songwriter from Atlanta, Georgia. The Drum Chord Theory is his first solo studio album. When describing the music that would be on the album, Martians said that it was "very weird and wonky but it’s very core-heavy and melodic"

Highlights: Southern isolation, Dent Jusay (feat. Syd & Steve Lacy), Diamond In Da Ruff

P.O.S - Chill, Dummy

Stefon Alexander (born August 18, 1981), better known by his stage name P.O.S, is a hip hop artist from Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Highlights: Born A Snake, Faded (feat. Lady Midnight)
leomedar
Legend

Postby trebor » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:08 am

This is really random:
I always have to giggle when people classify Spanish and Italian music as Latin; it's sounds really off; it's either Spanish pop or Italian rap, Portuguese rock or French chanson, etc.
Here we associate Latin music exclusively with the Americas.
It's just a thought of mine and absolutely no criticism to your astonishing year re-caps!
trebor
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:30 am

trebor wrote:This is really random:
I always have to giggle when people classify Spanish and Italian music as Latin; it's sounds really off; it's either Spanish pop or Italian rap, Portuguese rock or French chanson, etc.
Here we associate Latin music exclusively with the Americas.
It's just a thought of mine and absolutely no criticism to your astonishing year re-caps!
And it makes perfect sense! But ... italian is a latin language, same as spanish, portuguese and even french... so here in order to simplify categories i group them all as latin.

In the "real life" I also think Latin is not a genre per se, but Spanish Pop, Spanish Rock, Italian Pop, etc...

Something similar with Country and alternative, i put a lot of different things under the same flag and it may seem confusing and unfair but I don't want to have gazillions genres as the grammies
leomedar
Legend

Postby trebor » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:46 am

Yes, I agree with you. (And I perfectly know and understand your reasoning behind the genre associations).
Just had to comment; I'm a stubborn mule! 8-)
trebor
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:59 am

February 3rd 2017

Pop

Kevin Garrett - False Hope EP

Kevin Garrett is an American musician from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania based out of Brooklyn, New York. Garrett co-wrote and co-produced "Pray You Catch Me", the lead track on Beyoncé's album, Lemonade.

Highlights: A Heart Like Yours, Pulling Me Under, Little Bit Of You

R&B

Sampha - Process

Sampha Sisay (born 16 November 1988), who performs under the mononym Sampha, is a British singer, songwriter and record producer from Morden, South London, United Kingdom. Sampha is known widely for his collaborative work with SBTRKT, Jessie Ware, Drake, Kanye West, Solange and others. Process is his debut studio album. As compared to Sampha's characteristic bedroom recording style, Process was recorded in professional recording studios. In NME, Jonny Ensall described the album as a "finely crafted and devastating take on the loss of his mother to cancer, as well as his inner turmoil at how success has dragged him away from his roots." Entertainment Weekly critic Eric Renner Brown said, "Sampha executes a sonically adventurous vision that's entirely his own and builds on his enormous potential."

Highlights: Plastic 100°C, Blood On Me, (No One Knows Me) Like the Piano, Reverse Faults, Under

Syd - Fin

Sydney Loren Bennett (born April 23, 1992), known professionally as Syd, is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, disc jockey, and audio engineer from Los Angeles, California. Fin is her debut studio album. The album has a more pop-influenced feel in comparison to her output with in The Internet. However, Syd states that she has always been influenced by pop, and that the album is inspired by popular artists from her time, including Usher and Brandy.

Highlights: Shake Em Off, No Complaints, Nothin To Somethin, All About Me, Smile More
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:34 pm

February 10th 2017

Alternative

Blackfield - Blackfield V

Blackfield is a collaborative music project by the English musician and founder of Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson, and Israeli rock singer Aviv Geffen. Blackfield V is their fifth studio album. The band describes the album as a loose concept album themed around the ocean and the cycle of life, flowing across thirteen songs and approximately 45 minutes of music.

Highlights: Family Man, How Was Your Ride?, We'll Never Be Apart, Sorrys, Life Is An Ocean, Lately, October, Lonely Soul

Jesca Hoop - Memories Are Now

Jessica "Jesca" Ada Hoop (born April 21, 1975 in Santa Rosa, California) is an American singer-songwriter and guitarist, who writes and performs in diverse musical styles. Memories Are Now is her fourth solo studio album. In a four-star review, AllMusic writer Marcy Donelson claimed, "The whole record, in fact, is injected with a heavy dose of gumption and irreverence, a spirit that, deliberate or not, seems timely in the sociopolitical climate of early 2017."

Highlights: Memories Are Now, The Lost Sky, Animal Kingdom Chaotic, Simon Says, Cut Connection, Unsaid, Pegasi

Electronic

Thievery Corporation - The Temple of I & I

Thievery Corporation is an American electronic music duo consisting of Rob Garza and Eric Hilton. Their musical style mixes elements of dub, acid jazz, reggae, Indian classical, Middle Eastern, hip hop, electronica, and Brazilian, including bossa nova.

Highlights: Letter to the Editor (feat. Racquel Jones), Strike the Root (feat. Notch), Ghetto Matrix (feat. Mr. Lif), True Sons of Zion (feat. Notch), Weapons of Distraction (feat. Notch), Fight to Survivoe (feat. Mr. Lif), Drop Your Guns (feat. Notch)

Pop

Rag'n'Bone Man - Human

Rory Charles Graham (born 29 January 1985), better known as Rag'n'Bone Man, is an English singer-songwriter. Human is his debut studio album.

Highlights: Humna, Skin, Bitter End, Be the Man, Love You Any Less, As You Are

Rap/Hip-Hop

Nines - One Foot Out

Courtney Freckleton (born 17 January 1990), better known by his stage name Nines, is an English hip hop artist hailing from Harlesden, North West London. One Foot Out is his debut studio album.

Highlights: Going In, Getting Money Now, High Roller (feat. J HUS)
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:36 pm

February 17th 2017

Alternative

Jens Lekman - Life Will See You Now

Jens Martin Lekman (born 6 February 1981) is a Swedish musician. His music is guitar-based pop with heavy use of samples and strings, with lyrics that are often witty, romantic, and melancholic.

Highlights: To Know Your Mission (with LouLou Lamotte), Evening Prayer (with LouLou Lamotte), Hotwire The Ferris Wheel (with Tracey Thorn), What's That Perfume That You Wear?, Our First Fight, Wedding in Finistere, How We Met, How Can i Tell Him

Vant - Dumb Blood

Vant (stylised as VANT) are a British punk rock band formed in 2014 by frontman and songwriter Mattie Vant.

Highlights: The Answer, Put Down Your Gun, Peace & Love, Parking Lot, I Don't Believe In God, Fly-By Alien, Headed For The Sun

Country

Alison Krauss - Windy City

Alison Maria Krauss (born July 23, 1971) is an American bluegrass-country singer and musician. Windy City is her fifth solo studio album and includes ten covers of classic songs that she selected with producer Buddy Cannon.

Highlights: Losing You, It's Goodbye And So Long For You, Widny City, I Never CAred For You, River in the Rain, Dream of Me, All Alone Am I, Poison Love

Nikki Lane - Highway Queen

Nikki Lane (born October 17, 1983) is an American country music singer-songwriter. Highway Queen is her third studio album. Lane's previous album All or Nothin' suggests a more hipster side of her musical style. With the release of her third studio album, her traditional Americana styles are showcased.

Highlights: 700.000 Rednecks, Highway Queen, Lay You Down, Jackpot, Companion, Foolish Heart, Send The Sun, Forever Lasts Forever

leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 pm

February 17th 2017

R&B

Charlie Wilson - In It to Win It

Charles Kent "Charlie" Wilson (born January 29, 1953), also known as Uncle Charlie, is an American musician, singer, songwriter, producer and the former lead vocalist of The Gap Band. In It to Win It is his eighth studio album.

Highlights: I'm Blessed (feat. T.I.), Chills, Precious Love, Smile For Me (feat. Robin Thicke), Made for Love (feat. Lalah Hathaway)

Rap/Hip-Hop

Jidenna - The Chief

Jidenna Theodore Mobisson (born May 4, 1985), better known by his stage name Jidenna, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer. Erin Lowers of Exclaim! said, "Just as Jidenna uses hip-hop music to convey the story of an immigrant, he reaches across the globe to pull from seemingly disparate genres as he tells his tales. Surprisingly, Jidenna makes it work, commanding the listener's attention from start to finish."

Highlights: Chief Don't Run (feat. Roman GianArthur), Bambi, The Let Out (feat. Nana Kwabena), Little Bit More

Rock

Ryan Adams - Prisoner

David Ryan Adams (born November 5, 1974) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, multi-instrumentalist, record producer and poet. Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic rated the album four out of five stars, calls it "charming", and states, "it's not a record that wallows in hurt, it's an album that functions as balm for bad times."

Highlights: Do You Still Love Me?, Prisoner, Doomsday, Haunted House, Shiver And Shake, To Be Without You, Anything I Say To You Now, Breakdown, Outbound Train, Tightrope

Strand of Oaks - Hard Love

Strand of Oaks is the rock project by songwriter and producer Timothy Showalter. Originally from Indiana, he currently resides in Philadelphia. His music classifies with the genres rock and folk music, or folk rock.

Highlights: Hard Love, Radio Kids, Salt Brothers, Quit It, Taking Acid and Talking to My Brother
leomedar
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:06 am

Wow you've really got about this year, I've haven't listened to even half as much of 2017 releases. Such an exciting and rich year for you! :D 8-)

So much I need to hear still, I'll be coming back here in 2018 to dig up stuff probably, I've liked Sleigh Bells in the past so curious for that and so great to see Jens Lekman, his music is so sweet and tender. :D Sampha & Childish Gambino I've loved songs from too so will listen to their albums soon.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby leomedar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:11 am

Hey Bill! So glad to see you around and always a pleasure to know you enjoy some of this, as you have a very rich music taste.
I have presented 95 albums so far and have some 135 more lol It was a very good year imo, many cool new artists.
leomedar
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:53 pm

Out of the last 2 pages, I have two major stand outs for me!

1. Empire of the Sun

I truly believe they are so underrated. They are such pioneers with their music. They are always so VISUAL and the music is stunning and leaves such a lasting impression. There has only been a few misses with song of their songs but the rest will stand time, book mark me. I'm glad to see them pop up somewhere. :D

2. CUPCAKE

I was not expecting that at ALL. Was a quirky pleasant surprise! :D
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby leomedar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:39 pm

February 24th 2017

Alternative

Hippo Campus - Landmark

Hippo Campus is an indie rock band from St. Paul, Minnesota. Landmark is their debut studio album.

Highlights: Vines, Epitaph, Simple Season, Tuesday, Western Kids, Monsoon, Vacations, Boyish

Country

Aaron Watson - Vaquero

James Aaron Watson (born August 20, 1977) is an American country music singer and songwriter. Vaquero is his eleventh studio album. Allmusic critic Stephen Thomas Erlewine stated that "Vaquero navigates the territory between tradition and modernity, sounding strong and open, never making concessions to pop but never adhering to a calcified notion of country, either."

Highlights: Texas Lullaby, Take You Home Tonight, These Old boots Have Roots, Be My Girl, They don't Make Em Like They Used To, Outta Style, Run With Horses, Clear Isabel, The Arrow, Rolling Stone, Diamonds & Daughters

Little Big Town - The Breaker

Little Big Town is an American country music group. The Breaker is their eighth studio album. Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic rated the album four out of five stars and states, "Little Big Town cherish the gentler moments, and this ease with sensitivity turns The Breaker into something of a quiet triumph: it's intended as a balm, and it succeeds."

Highlights: Happy People, Lost In California, Free, Drivin' Around, We went To The Beach, Better Man, Rollin', Don't Die Young don't Get Old, Beat Up Bible, When Someone Stops Loving You, The Breaker

Electronic

The Golden Filter - Still // Alone

The Golden Filter is an American/Australian electronic music duo from New York City, formed in 2008, now based in London. The band consists of Penelope Trappes and Stephen Hindman.

Highlights: Dust

Rap/Hip-Hop

Future - Hndrxx

Nayvadius DeMun Wilburn (born November 20, 1983), known professionally as Future, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer. Hndrxx (stylized as HNDRXX and pronounced "Hendrix") is his sixth studio album. Ural Garrett of HipHopDX said, "HNDRXX provides a view into a modern rock star indulging in a side of himself that's more thoughtful and dare one say, honest."

Highlights: Coming Out Strong (feat. Weeknd), Incredible, Neva Missa Lost, Selfish (feat. Rihanna), PIE (feat. Chris Brown), You Da Baddest (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Rock

The Feelies - In Between

The Feelies is an American rock band from Haledon, New Jersey. They formed in 1976 and disbanded in 1992 having released four albums. The band reunited in 2008, and released new albums in 2011 and 2017.

Highlights: In Between, Turn Back Time, Stay the Curse, When To Go, Time Will Tell
leomedar
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:56 pm

I still don't know how all this works :oops: so many albums and I can't manage here! when do the awards start?

the number is impressive, admirable that you found the time to listen all of these and to absorb them fully! I could barely get into 5 albums this year
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:52 pm

Carbon wrote:I still don't know how all this works :oops: so many albums and I can't manage here! when do the awards start?

the number is impressive, admirable that you found the time to listen all of these and to absorb them fully! I could barely get into 5 albums this year
:lol:

Well, these are the "finalists" presented by month of release, going from Oct 2016 until sept 2017. I started all in july, so it took me a LONG time. I checked around 1000 albums, all the ones listed in the Wikipedia 2016 & 2017 in Music. But of course, when I was not liking it I would just move on.

With that I created my 2017 playlist in spotify, but some I had to check in Apple Music and others in Youtube. And that list is the thing I listen to while in the gym or going to work.

Then I also checked a vast list of songs that are non-album stuff.

Once I finish presenting all the albums here I will present nominees but in my Deconstructing Leo 2.0 thread. Probably in January.

I am very hard-working, I know, but I really enjoy this project.
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:04 pm

March 4th 2017

Alternative

Grandaddy - Last Place

Grandaddy is an American indie rock band from Modesto, California. Last Place is their fifth studio album, lyrically inspired by Lytle's divorce.

Highlights: Way We Won't, Brush With The Wild, Evermore, A Lost Machine

Pop

Alice Jemima - Alice Jemima

“Using a guitar and laptop to create her bewitching music, Devon singer Alice has the one-person-band feel of Jack Garret on stage.” WIRED, THE DAILY STAR.

Highlights: Electric, No More, When You Dance, No Diggity

Ed Sheeran - ÷

Edward Christopher Sheeran, MBE (born 17 February 1991) is an English singer, songwriter, guitarist, and record producer. ÷ (pronounced "divide") is his third studio album

Highlights: Castle on the Hill, Shape of You, Perfect, Galway Girl

R&B

Khalid - American Teen

Khalid Donnel Robinson (born February 11, 1998), known mononymously as Khalid, is an American singer and songwriter. American Teen is his debut studio album.

Highlights: American Teen, Young Dumb & Broke, Location, Another Sad Love Song, Saved, 8TEEN, Let's Go, Hopeless, Winter, Threapy, Keep Me, Shot Down
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:28 am

March 10th 2017

Alternative

Hurray for the Riff Raff - The Navigator

Hurray for the Riff Raff is an American folk-blues and Americana band from New Orleans, Louisiana. The Navigator is their sixth full-length studio album. At AllMusic, Stephen Thomas Erlewine wrote, "The Navigator is nothing if it isn't a bold risk, a record that attempts to carve out a new kind of Americana, one where the past informs the present instead of the present preserving the past -- and one where the political is personal, too."

Highlights: Living in the City, Hungry Ghost, Life to Save, Nothing's Gonna Change That Girl, The Navigator, Rican Beach, Fourteen Floors, Pa'Lante

Tennis - Yours Conditionally

Tennis is an American indie pop band from Denver, Colorado, United States, made up of husband-and-wife duo Alaina Moore and Patrick Riley. ours Conditionally is their fourth studio album. The majority of the album was written by Patrick Riley and Alaina Moore during a four-month sailing excursion from San Diego, California to Cabo San Lucas and in the Sea of Cortez. Tim Sendra of AllMusic gave the album eight out of ten stars, calling the album "punchy and sharp, still influenced by classic pop/rock song structures and recognizable to fans of Buddy Holly or the Shirelles, but with some new elements mixed in".

Highlights: In the Morning I'll Be Better, My Emotions Are Blinding, Ladies Don't Play Guitar, Matrimony, Baby Don't Believe, 10 Minutes 10 Years

Country

Sunny Sweeney - Trophy

Sunny Michaela Sweeney (born December 7, 1976) is an American country music artist. Trophy is her fourth studio album

Highlights: Pass the Pain, Better Bad Idea, Nothing Wrong With Texas, Pills, Bottle by My Bed, Why People Change

Rap/Hip-Hop

Murs - Captain California

Nicholas Carter (born March 16, 1978), better known by his stage name Murs, is an American rapper. His name is an acronym (or backronym) that he himself has created multiple meanings for such as "Making the Universe Recognize and Submit" or "Making Underground Raw Shit." Captain California is his tenth studio album

Highlights: Shakespeare on the Low (feat. rexx Life Raj), GBKW (god Bless Kanye West), Colossus, Another Round (feat. Krizz Kaliko)

Rock

Valerie June - The Order of Time

Valerie June Hockett (born January 10, 1982), known as Valerie June, is an American singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist from Memphis, Tennessee, United States. Her sound encompasses a mixture of folk, blues, gospel, soul, country, Appalachian and bluegrass.

Highlights: Long Lonely Road, Shakedown, If And, Man Done Wrong, The front Door, Astral Plane, Just In Time, Got Soul
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 pm

March 17th 2017

Alternative

Sorority Noise - You're Not As _____ As You Think

Sorority Noise is an American rock band from Hartford, Connecticut. The band consists of members from the bands Old Gray and Prawn. You're Not As _____ As You Think is their third studio album. It contains more reflective lyricism than Sorority Noise's previous efforts. The band described the album as an "emotional bulldozer".

Highlights: No Halo, A Portrait Of, First Letter From St. Sean, A Better Sun, Disappeared, Car, Where Are You?, Second Letter From St. Julien, Leave The Fan On

Spoon - Hot Thoughts

Spoon is an American rock band formed in Austin, Texas. Hot Thoughts is their ninth studio album.

Highlights: Hot Thoughts, WhisperI'lllistentohearit, Do I Have To Talk You Into It, First Caress, Can I Sit Next To You, I Ain't The One

Electronic

Depeche Mode - Spirit

Depeche Mode are an English electronic band that formed in Basildon, Essex in 1980. Spirit is their fourteenth studio album.

Highlights: Going Backwards, Where's The Revolution, Scum

Pop

Frances - Things I've Never Said

Sophie Frances Cooke (born 27 June 1993), known mononymously as Frances, is an English singer and songwriter from Newbury, Berkshire, England. Things I've Never Said is her debut studio album.

Highlights: Don't Worry About Me, Love Me Again, Drifting, Cloud 9, Let It Out, No Matter, Under Our Feet, Grow, Say it Again

R&B

Chloe x Halle - The Two of Us

Chloe x Halle (stylized as CHLOE X HALLE) are an American R&B duo, actresses, singers and YouTube sensations made up of sisters Chloe and Halle Bailey (born July 1, 1998 and March 27, 2000 respectively).

Highlights: Used To Love, Too Much Sauce, Poppy Flower, Partna, Worries, Upset Stomach, Up All Night
leomedar
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts