The Leo Awards: Building 2017 Edition

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby leomedar » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:48 am

March 24th 2017

Alternative

The Jesus and Mary Chain - Damage and Joy

The Jesus and Mary Chain are a Scottish alternative rock band formed in East Kilbride in 1983. Damage and Joy is their seventh studio album. Half of the album's songs had appeared previously in different versions.

Highlights: Amputation, War on Peace, Always Sad, Song For A Secret, The Two of Us, Presidici (Et Chapaquiditch), Facing Up the Facts, Can't Stop the Rock

Skaters - Rock and Roll Bye Bye

Rock and Roll Bye Bye is the second studio album from American rock band Skaters.

Highlights: Just Like Your Mother, Northern Soul, Head On to Nowhere, Restless Babe, I'm Not A Punk, Mental Case, Rock adn Roll Bye Bye

Electronic

CLAVVS - World Underwater

CLAVVS (pronounced "claws") is an indie pop and trip hop duo from Atlanta, Georgia. The duo's sound combines elements of Atlanta hip hop with trip hop psychedelia and hypnotic alt-pop.

Highlights: Silver Tongue, Bloom

Pop

Bridget Kearney - Won't Let You Down

Bridget Kearney (born June 10, 1986) is an American musician and composer. She graduated with a dual degree from Tufts University and New England Conservatory of Music. She is noted for her songwriting, double bass playing and working in many different genres of music. Ken Williams of Little Village Magazine notes: "You know Bridget Kearney isn't playing around on Won’t Let You Down; there is serious songwriting expertise deployed here, and deeply satisfying, layered production, perfect for a late night with the big headphones in the dark. Every song is nearly perfect; I could take up the whole magazine trying to describe how the ways they aren’t make them more interesting."

Highlights: Won't Let You Down, Wash Up, Who Are We Kidding, Nothing Does It

Rap/Hip-Hop

Raekwon - The Wild

The Wild is the seventh studio album by American rapper Raekwon.

Highlights: M&N (feat. P.U.R.E.), Purple Brick Road (feat. G-Eazy)
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:29 am

March 31st 2017

Alternative

Aimee Mann - Mental Illness

Aimee Mann (born September 8, 1960) is an American rock singer-songwriter, bassist and guitarist who has been called a genius lyricist and named one of the world's top 10 greatest living songwriters. Mental Illness is her ninth studio album. Mann has described it as her "saddest, slowest and most acoustic" album to date.

Highlights: Goose Snow Cone, Stuck In The Past, You Never Loved Me, Rollercoasters, Lies of Summer, Patient Zero, Good for Me, Poor Judge

Country

Rodney Crowell - Close Ties

Rodney Crowell (born August 7, 1950) is an American musician, known primarily for his work as a singer and songwriter in country music.

Highlights: East Houston Blues, It Ain't Over Yet (feat. Rosanne Cash & John Paul White), I Don't Care Anymore, I'm tied To Ya' (feat. Sheryl Crow), Forgive Me Annabelle, forty Miles From Nowhere, Storm Warning, Nashville 1972

Trace Adkins - Something's Going On

Something's Going On is the sixteenth studio album by American country music artist Trace Adkins.

Highlights: Ain't Just The Whiskey Talkin', Watered Down, If Only You Were Lonely, Gonna Make You Miss Me, I'm Gone, Country Boy Problems, Whippoorwills and Freight Trains

Electronic

Goldfrapp - Silver Eye

Goldfrapp are an English electronic duo from London, formed in 1999. The duo consists of Alison Goldfrapp (vocals, synthesizer) and Will Gregory (synthesizer). Silver Eye is their seventh studio album.

Highlights: Anymore, Systemagic, Beast That Never Was, Everything Is Never Enough, Moon In Your Mouth, Ocean

Jamiroquai - Automaton

Automaton is the eighth studio album by English funk band Jamiroquai. Jay Kay described the inspiration for Automaton: "in recognition of the rise of artificial intelligence and technology in our world today and how we as humans are beginning to forget the more pleasant, simple and eloquent things in life and in our environment including our relationship with one another as human beings".

Highlights: Shake It On, Automaton, Cloud 9, Superfresh, Something About You, Nights Out In The Jungle, Dr Buzz, We Can Do It

Pop

Nelly Furtado - The Ride

The Ride is the sixth studio album by Canadian singer Nelly Furtado. While recording The Ride, Congleton introduced Furtado to people involved in the local Texan art scene, including Samantha McCurdy, who would create the album cover. It consists of Furtado clutching a bouquet of flowers and two hands holding a pyramid-shaped piece of wood behind her, while a green protrusion on the right side of the image closes in on her face. The cover would prove divisive, with Furtado disabling comments on the image when it was revealed on her Instagram on 12 December 2016. She later said of the cover, "To me, it's a little bit vulnerable. I like that it conveys a feeling of humility", and explained that disabling comments on the image was in part a reaction to the negative response to her performance of "O Canada" at the 2016 NBA All-Star Game.

Highlights: Cold Hard Truth, Carnival Games, Sticks And Stones, Pipe Dreams, Phoenix

Rap/Hip-Hop

Kodak Black - Painting Pictures

Painting Pictures is the debut studio album by American rapper Kodak Black. Recording sessions took place from 2016 to 2017, at the Pink House Studios in Miami, Florida, with production provided by Metro Boomin, Southside and Mike Will Made It; as well as guest appearances from Future, Young Thug, Bun B and Jeezy, among others.

Highlights: Day For Day, Twenty 8, Patty Cake, Save You, Conscience (feat. Future), Tunnel Vision, Corrlinks and JPay, Off The Land

R&B

Leela James - Did It For Love

Leela James (born May 22, 1983) is an American R&B and soul singer-songwriter. James cites singers James Brown, Roberta Flack, Toni Braxton, Marvin Gaye, Donny Hathaway, Gladys Knight, Mavis Staples, and Stevie Wonder as her influences. Her deep, rich, gritty vocals have drawn comparisons to Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, Toni Braxton, and Tina Turner.

Highlights: Hard For Me, Don't Want You Back, I remember, Good To Love You (feat. Dave Hollister), there 4 U, This Day Is For You, All Over Again, Our Love

leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:38 pm

April 7th 2017

Alternative

The Big Moon - Love in the 4th Dimension

Love in the 4th Dimension is the debut studio album by British indie rock band The Big Moon. The album was recorded across 12 days so the band could go with their first instincts musically.

Highlights: Sucker, Cupid, Formidable, Happy New Year, Silent Movie Susie, Zeds

Blaenavon - That's Your Lot

That's Your Lot is the debut studio album by English rock band, Blaenavon.

Highlights: Take Care, Let's Pray, Orthodox Man, My Bark Is Your Bite, Lonely Side, Let Me See What Happens Next

Father John Misty - Pure Comedy

Pure Comedy is the third studio album by American folk musician Josh Tillman under his pseudonym Father John Misty. Most of Pure Comedy was written in 2015. It touches on themes of progress, technology, fame, the environment, politics, aging, social media, human nature, human connection and his own role in it all.

Highlights: Pure Comedy, Total Entertainment Forever, Things It Would Have Been Helpful To Know Before The Revolution, Ballad of the Dying Man, When the God of Love Returns There'll Be Hell To Pay, The Memo

leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:59 pm

April 7th 2017

Rock

Karen Elson - Double Roses

Karen Jill Elson (born 14 January 1979) is an English model, singer-songwriter and guitarist.

Highlights: Wonder Blind, Call Your Name, Hell & Highwater, The End, Why Am I Waiting?, Million Stars, Wolf, Distant Shore

Michelle Branch - Hopeless Romantic

Hopeless Romantic is the third studio album by American singer and songwriter Michelle Branch. According to Entertainment Weekly, Branch's current sound for the album is "laid-back rock & roll"; of her new-found sound, Branch said, "Patrick was like, 'This is your record, it has to sound like you,'" "It was the first time that someone pushed me to figure it all out on my own."

Highlights: Best You Ever, You're Good, Hopeless Romantic, carry Me Home

April 14th 2017

Rap/Hip-Hop

Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

Damn (stylized as DAMN.) is the fourth studio album by American rapper Kendrick Lamar. Andy Kellman of AllMusic stated that "It contains some of Lamar's best writing and performances, revealing his evolving complexity and versatility as a soul-baring lyricist and dynamic rapper."

Highlights: DNA., ELEMENT., LOYALTY. (feat. Rihanna), HUMBLE., LUST., XXX. (feat. U2)

Playboi Carti - Playboi Carti

Playboi Carti is the eponymous debut commercial mixtape by American rapper Playboi Carti.

Highlights: Location, Magnolia, Lookin (feat. Lil Uzi Vert)
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:51 pm

April 21st 2017

Country

Angaleena Presley - Wrangled

Wrangled is the second solo studio album by outlaw country singer and Pistol Annies member Angaleena Presley. Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic rated the album four and a half stars out of five and states, "(Presley) may emphasize her ties to the past but she's intent on expanding the tradition, turning country music into a bolder, more inclusive place, and that desire is what makes Wrangled such a compelling album."

Highlights: Dream don't Come True, High School, Only Blood, Country, Bless My Heart, Outlaw, Mama I tried, Cheer Up Little Darling, Good Girl Down

Charlie Worsham - Beginning of Things

Beginning of Things is the second album from American country music singer Charlie Worsham. Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic rated the album 4 out of 5 stars, praising Worsham's "way with a joke" and "keen eye for detail and storytelling".

Highlights: Please People Please, Southern By the Grace of God, Call You Up, Lawn Chair Don't Care, Only Way To Fly, Cut Your Groove, The Beginning of Things

R&B

PJ Morton - Gumbo

Gumbo is the fourth and first self-released studio album by American singer-songwriter PJ Morton. About the album's title he said "I named it Gumbo because the actual dish is a bunch of things mixed in together to make [something] beautiful. I wanted to grow as a songwriter and talk about more things ... about where we are in the world today, the tension, how divided we are as a country. It kind of felt like I was dumping a bunch of subject matter together and I made it in New Orleans so that sounded like gumbo to me."

Highlights: First Began, Claustrophobic (feat. Pell), Sticking to My Guns, Religion, Alright, Everything's Gonna Be Alright (feat. BJ the Chicago Kid & The Hamiltones)

Rock

Ray Davies - Americana

Americana is an album by English rock musician Ray Davies. Like Davies' 2013 book of the same name, it explores his lifelong fascination with the music and culture of the United States, and his experiences of touring and living there.

Highlights: Americana, The Deal, Message from the Road, A Place in Your Heart, Rock 'N' Roll Cowboys, I've Heard that Beat Before, A Long Drive Home to Tarzana

Sheryl Crow - Be Myself

Be Myself is the tenth studio album by American singer-songwriter Sheryl Crow. Writing for Rolling Stone and rating the album three out of five stars, Rob Sheffield calls it "excellent" and "a full-blown return to her fierce rock-queen glory."

Highlights: Alone in the Dark, Halfway There, Long Way Back, Be Myself, Roller Skate, Rest of Me, Grow Up
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:54 pm

April 28th 2017

Alternative

Feist - Pleasure

Pleasure is the fifth studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Feist. Thematically, the album is said to explore "emotional limits ... loneliness, private ritual, secrets, shame, mounting pressures, disconnect, tenderness, rejection, care and the lack thereof."

Highlights: Pleasure, I Wish I Didn't Miss You, Lost Dreams, Century (feat. Jarvis Cocker)

Mew - Visuals

Visuals is the seventh studio album by Danish alternative rock band Mew.

Highlights: Nothingness and No Regrets, The Wake of Your Life, Twist Quest, 85 Videos

Sylvan Esso - What Now

What Now is the second studio album by American indie pop duo Sylvan Esso, made up of singer Amelia Meath and producer Nick Sanborn. Speaking on the album, Meath said in an interview that, following their debut album, the duo felt they needed to "step it up as much as possible to prove that [they] belong [where they are]." Sanborn added that the record felt "much more lived-in and alive" than their previous album due to the fact that they were more assured with what they wanted, whereas their first album came right after their formation as a band.

Highlights: The Glow, Die Young, Radio, Kick Jump Twist, Song, Just Dancing

R&B

Mary J. Blige - Strength of a Woman

Strength of a Woman is the thirteenth studio album by American singer Mary J. Blige. The album features guest appearances by Kanye West, Quavo, DJ Khaled, Missy Elliott, Prince Charlez, and Kaytranada.

Highlights: Thick of It, U+Me (Love Lesson), find the Love, Strength of a Woman
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:11 pm

April 28th 2017

Country

Willie Nelson - God's Problem Child

God's Problem Child is the seventy-second studio album by singer-songwriter Willie Nelson. The album features new songs co-written by Nelson and producer Buddy Cannon. Using their frequent method, Cannon and Nelson wrote the songs exchanging the lyrics in text messages, while Nelson later recorded his vocals in the studio.

Highlights: Little House on the Hill, Old Timer, A Woman's Love, It Gets Easier

Electronic

Gorillaz - Humanz

Humanz is the fifth studio album by British virtual band Gorillaz. Albarn has said that with Humanz he set out to create something not overtly political, but "an emotional response to politics".

Highlights: Ascension (feat. Vince Staples), Strobelite (feat. Peven Everett), Saturnz Barz (feat. Popcaan), Andromeda (feat. DRAM), Carnival (feat. Anthony Hamilton), Let Me Out (feat. Mavis Staples & Pusha T), She's My Collar (feat. Kali Uchis), The Apprentice (feat. Rag'n'Bone Man, Zebra Katz & RAY BLK), Out of Body (feat. Kilo Kish, Zebra Katz & Imani Bonsha), Ticker Tape (feat. Carly Simon & Kali Uchis)

Rock

John Mellencamp featuring Carlene Carter - Sad Clowns & Hillbillies

Sad Clowns & Hillbillies is the 23rd studio album by American singer-songwriter and musician John Mellencamp. The album features significant contributions from Carlene Carter.

Highlights: Mobile Blue, Battle of Angels, Grandview (feat. Martina McBride), Indigo Sunset (feat. Carlene Carter), What Kind of Man Am I (feat. Carelene Carter), All Night Talk Radio

Pop

Jonathan Coulton - Solid State

Solid State is the ninth studio album by singer-songwriter Jonathan Coulton. Coulton describes it as "a concept album about the internet, trolls, artificial intelligence, and how love and empathy will save humanity!"

Highlights: Wake Up, All This Time, Solid State
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm

May 5th 2017

Alternative

Slowdive - Slowdive

Slowdive is the fourth studio album by English rock band Slowdive. Consequence of Sound said, "Slowdive delivers nearly everything their fans desire in a return: familiarity, innovation, and vast atmospheres to get lost in".

Highlights: Star Roving, Sugar for the Pill, Everyone Knows

Latin

Café Tacuba - Jei Beibi

Café Tacuba (stylized Café Tacvba) is a band from Ciudad Satélite, Mexico. The group gained popularity in the early 1990s. Their musical style covers a wide variety of genres, though it is most commonly labeled as Latin Alternative/Rock en Español. Their music has been heavily influenced by Mexico's indigenous population and folk music traditions, but also by punk and electronic music and other bands on the Mexico City scene.

Highlights: 1-2-3, Matando, Enamorada, Futuro, Resolana de Luna, Que No, Disolviéndonos

Juana Molina - Halo

Juana Rosario Molina is an Argentine singer, songwriter and actress, based in Buenos Aires. She is known for her distinctive sound, considered an exponent of folktronica, although it has also been described as ambient, experimental, neofolk, chill-out, indietronica, psychedelic, indie pop and progressive folk.

Highlights: Paraguaya, Sin Dones, In the Lassa, Cosoco, A00 B01, Estalactitas

Natalia Lafourcade and Los Macorinos - Musas

Musas (English: "Muses") is the seventh studio album by Mexican recording artist Natalia Lafourcade in collaboration with the acoustic guitar duo Los Macorinos. According to Lafourcade, the recording of the album started "on a whim" during a vacation in Brazil. During an interview with Billboard, Lafourcade elaborated that her initial plan was not to record a new studio album but "just make music for myself". The album is a homage to Latin American folk music and contains original songs as well as cover versions of other artists' songs.

Highlights: Tu Sí Sabes Quererme, Rocío de Todos los Campos

Rap/Hip-Hop

Logic - Everybody

Everybody (stylized as ΞVERYBODY) is the third studio album by American rapper Logic. Logic elaborated on the album's concept, revealing astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson would star as God, and former San Francisco radio personality Big Von would play the protagonist Atom. It is explained that Atom dies in a car accident, and speaks with God upon arrival to Heaven. God informs him the only way he can move into the afterlife is if he can complete reincarnation into another life, to which Atom agrees. However, he later finds out that the reincarnation isn't just coming back as a single person, but living the lives of every single human being. As such, he must learn and live as every human being ever, to move on to the afterlife.

Highlights: Everybody, Confess (feat. Killer Mike), Killing Spree (feat. Ansel Elgort), Take it Back, America (feat. Black Thought, Chuck D, Big Lengbo & No ID), Ink blot (feat. Juicy J), 1-800-273-8255 (feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid), Anziety (feat. Lucy Rose)
leomedar
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:44 pm

Slowdive record was quite good and consistent.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:50 pm

May 5th 2017

Country

Chris Stapleton - From A Room: Volume 1

From A Room: Volume 1 is the second studio album by American singer-songwriter Chris Stapleton. From A Room: Volume 1 focuses on country, blues and roots rock. The songs on the project were written years before his first studio album.

Highlights: Broken Halos, Last Thing I Needed First Thing This Morning, Second One To Know, Up To No Good Livin', Either Way, Without Your Love, Them Stems

Electronic

Forest Swords - Compassion

Compassion is the second studio album by British electronic music artist Forest Swords. In an interview with Fact, Barnes talked about the hybrid of digital and analog sounds used to create the record, noting that computer-generated instruments and digital processing on recordings blur the lines between "real and fake" on the record, drawing parallels between his music making techniques and the current affairs trend of 'fake news' in the media.

Highlights: The highest Flood, Panic, Raw Language

Pop

Diana Krall - Turn Up the Quiet

Turn Up the Quiet is the thirteenth studio album by Canadian jazz singer-songwriter and pianist Diana Krall. The album is a collection of 11 famous jazz standards. Krall explains: "I have thought about these songs for a long time. Being in the company of some of my greatest friends in music allowed me to tell these stories just as I’d intended. Sometimes you just have to turn up the quiet to be heard a little better."

Highlights: Isn't It Romantic, L-O-V-E, Night and Day, I'm Confessin' That I Love You, Moonglow, Blue Skies, No Moon At All

Mary Lambert - Bold EP

Bold is an EP by American singer-songwriter Mary Lambert.

Highlights: Do Anything, Lay Your Head Down, Hang Out With You, Know Your Name, Love is Love (feat. Mary Kay Lambert)
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:24 pm

May 12th 2017

Country

Zac Brown Band - Welcome Home

Welcome Home is the fifth studio album by American country music band Zac Brown Band. Taste of Country describes the album as "a more mature album, aimed at the group's older fans" and notes that "One mostly finds Brown showing appreciation for loved ones".

Highlights: Roots, My Old Man, Start Over

Pop

Harry Styles - Harry Styles

Harry Styles is the debut studio album by English singer and songwriter Harry Styles. The record was defined by music publications as a collection of soft rock, rock, Britpop and pop. Variety's Eve Barlow described the album as a "cocktail of psychedelia, Britpop, and balladry"

Highlights: Meet Me in the Hallway, Sign of the Times, Carolina, Two Ghosts, Sweet Creature

May 19th 2017

Alternative

the Mountain Goats - Goths

Goths is the sixteenth studio album by the Mountain Goats. The band has stated that Goths was inspired by an adolescence listening to The Cure, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and Joy Division, as well as hearing songs on the Californian radio station KROQ-FM.

Highlights: Andrew Eldritch Is Moving Back to Leeds, The Grey King and the Silver Flame Attunement, Stench of the Unburied

Electronic

!!! - Shake the Shudder

Shake the Shudder is the seventh studio album by American dance-punk group !!!. The band described the album as a "fancy way of saying 'shake it off and dance your cares away.'"

Highlights: The One 2, Dancing Is the Best Revenge, NRGQ, Throttle Service, R Rated Pictures

Rock

Chris Price - Stop Talking

Stop Talking is the second studio album by Chris Price. The Los Angeles Times gave a positive review, writing "Price is admired in the power pop community, an oft-insular world that lives and dies on catchy hooks and earworm-worthy melodies. But Price’s brand of stickiness is less rigid and more pessimistic, and recalls the music of songwriters including Alex Chilton, Gene Clark and Aimee Mann, none of whom ever shied away from hard emotion."

Highlights: Stop Talking, Pulling Teeth, Man Down, Contrition

May 26th 2017

Latin

Shakira - El Dorado

El Dorado (English: The Golden One) is the eleventh studio album by Colombian singer Shakira. After her self-titled tenth studio album (2014), Shakira had her second child, suffered from writer's block and was uncertain about the future of her career. However, her collaboration on "La Bicicleta" with Carlos Vives and support from her boyfriend, Gerard Piqué, encouraged Shakira to continue to work on music.

Highlights: Me Enamoré, Nada, Chantaje (feat. Maluma), Amarillo, Perro Fiel (feat. Nicky Jam), Trap (feat. Maluma), Coconut Tree, Deja Vu (feat. Prince Royce), Toneladas
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:29 pm

June 2nd 2017

Alternative

alt-J - Relaxer

Relaxer (stylised as RELAXER) is the third studio album by English indie rock band alt-J. In The Daily Telegraph, chief critic Neil McCormick found it "deeply gorgeous and utterly baffling", labelling it "internet era pop" with its "barrier-free absorption of so many different musical styles a product of the computer recording technology it is created with."

Highlights: 3WW, In cold blood, House of the Rising Sun, Deadcrush

Dispatch - America, Location 12

America, Location 12 is a 2017 album by United States indie/roots folk band Dispatch. It is their sixth full-length studio album, the first recorded in five years. The band began working on the album nearly two years before its release. Before recording, Chad Urmston told the other two members of the band that he wanted to be the "captain" for the upcoming album, a proposal they readily accepted. He had retreated to a cottage for a winter and wrote 25 to 30 songs, which differed from their previous material so significantly that a manager asked Urmston whether he disliked their old songs. The songs' material concerns "veterans coming home, childhood memories, [and] being a parent."

Highlights: Be Gone, Only the Wild Ones, Curse + Crush, Painted Yellow Lines, Skin the Rabbit, Rice Water, Windylike, Ghost Town.

Pop

Bleachers - Gone Now

Gone Now is the second album by American indie pop act Bleachers.

Highlights: Dream of Mickey Mantle, Goodmorning, Hate That You Know Me, Don't Take The Money, Everybody Lost Somebody, All My Heroes, Let's Get Married, Goodbye, I Miss Those Days

Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa

Dua Lipa is the debut studio album by English singer Dua Lipa. The lyrical themes revolve around her personal views of love, rising above, sex, and self-empowerment.

Highlights: Genesis, Lost in Your Light (feat. Miguel), Hotter Than Hell, Be The One, Blow Your Mind (Mwah), New Rules, Begging, Homesick
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:53 pm

June 2nd 2017

Electronic

Saint Etienne - Home Counties

Home Counties is the ninth studio album by English alternative dance band Saint Etienne. The album features collaborations with Gerard Johnson, Augustus (also known as Gus Lobban of Kero Kero Bonito) and Nick Moon (of Kyte). The album features production from Shawn Lee, Carwyn Ellis and Richard X.

Highlights: Something New, Magpie Eyes, Dive, Take It All In, Underneath the Apple Tree, Out of My Mind, After Hebden, Unopened Fan Mail

R&B

Amber Coffman - City of No Reply

City of No Reply is the first solo album from singer-songwriter Amber Coffman, the former guitarist and vocalist for the indie rock band Dirty Projectors.

Highlights: All To Myself, No Coffee, Dark Night, City of No reply, Miss You, Do You Believe, If You Want My Herat, Nobody Knows, Kindness

Rock

Dan Auerbach - Waiting on a Song

Waiting on a Song is the second studio album by American musician Dan Auerbach.

Highlights: Waiting on a Song, Malibu Man, Livin' in Sin, Shine on Me, King of a One Horse Town, Never in My Wildest Dreams, Cherrybomb, Stand by My Girl, Undertow, Show Me

Roger Waters - Is This the Life We Really Want?

Is This the Life We Really Want? (stylised as is this the life we really want?) is the fifth studio album by English rock musician and former Pink Floyd bassist and vocalist Roger Waters. Rolling Stone said: "The music is quintessential post-Dark Side Of The Moon Floyd, but channeled by offspring: Producer Nigel Godrich brings prog-rock grandeur, multi-instrumentalist Jonathan Wilson microdose psychedelia, Lucius alt-R&B backing vocals."

Highlights: Deja Vu, The Last Refugee, Picture That, Is This The Life We Really Want?, Bird In A Gale, Smell The Roses, Wait For Her
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:55 pm

June 9th 2017

Pop

Allie X - CollXtion II

CollXtion II is the debut studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Allie X. "This album was difficult. An incredibly fragmented two year process, by a fragmented person. This album is about the loss and hopefully reclamation of my identity. Each song is a piece of me — whether it be memory experience, projected fantasy, or my perception of current reality... Just like on the cover artwork, I am examining all the pieces and trying to put them back together... I made CollXtion II for anyone who is looking to find their place and their purpose."

Highlights: Paper Love, Vintage, Need You (feat. Valley Girl), Casanova, Lifted, Downtown

Katy Perry - Witness

Witness is the fifth studio album by American singer Katy Perry. Musically, Witness is an electropop album with a diversity of sounds and musical aspects. As analyzed by Annie Zaleski from The A.V Club, hooks are in short supply, replaced by grooves and atmosphere that pick and choose elements from 1990s house music, mainstream EDM, electro-tinged hip-hop, and 1980s new wave.

Highlights: Witness, Hey Hey Hey, ROulette, Swish Swish (feat. Nicki Minaj), Deja Vu, Miss You More, Chained To The Rhythm (feat. Skip Marley)

London Grammar - Truth Is a Beautiful Thing

Truth Is a Beautiful Thing is the second studio album by English indie pop trio London Grammar.

Highlights: Rooting for You, Big Picture, Oh Woman Oh Man, Non Believer, Leave The War With Me, Truth is a Beautiful thing

Country

Glen Campbell - Adiós

Adiós is the 64th and final studio album by American singer-songwriter Glen Campbell. Campbell died on August 8, 2017, two months after the album was released. After being diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, Campbell embarked on a 2011–2012 Farewell Tour. After finishing the tour, he entered the studio in Nashville to record a final album. According to his wife, Kim Campbell, he wanted to preserve "what magic was left", in what would be his final recordings.

Highlights: Everybody's Talkin', Adiós
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:07 pm

June 9th 2017

Rock

Chuck Berry - Chuck

Chuck is the twentieth and final studio album by American rock and roll singer and guitarist Chuck Berry. Chuck is Berry's first album in 38 years to consist of mainly new material, since his 1979 record Rock It. The album is dedicated to his wife Thelmetta "Toddy" Berry.

Highlights: Wonderful Woman, Big Boys, You go To My Head, Lady B. Goode, She Still Loves You, Jamaica Moon

Alternative

Cigarettes After Sex - Cigarettes After Sex

Cigarettes After Sex is the debut studio album by American ambient pop band Cigarettes After Sex.

Highlights: K, Each Time You Fall In Love, Sunsetz, Apocalypse

Phoenix - Ti Amo

Ti Amo is the sixth studio album by French band Phoenix. Phoenix said in a press release that the album is about "our European, Latin roots, a fantasized version of Italy", and that the songs focus on "simple, pure emotions: love, desire, lust, and innocence".

Highlights: J-Boy, Ti Amo, Tuttifrutti, Fior di Latte

R&B

SZA - Ctrl

Ctrl (pronounced "control") is the debut studio album by American singer and songwriter SZA. As creative director, SZA contributed to most of the album's lyrics and collaborated with producers including Craig Balmoris, Frank Dukes, Carter Lang, Scum and ThankGod4Cody to achieve her desired sound. The efforts resulted in a primarily neo-soul and R&B album, with elements of hip-hop, electronic, indie and soul. Lyrically the album has a confessional theme, which touch upon SZA's personal experiences and complexities of modern love; including desire, competition, jealousy, sexual politics, social media and low self-esteem.

Highlights: Supermodel, Love Galore (feat. Travis Scott), Doves in the Wind (feat. Kendrick Lamar), Drew Barrymore, Prom, The Weekend, Go Gina Normal Girl, 20 Something
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:48 pm

June 16th 2017

Alternative

Hundredth - Rare

Rare is the fourth studio album by American band Hundredth. The album marks a departure in the band's sound from the melodic hardcore sound the band was known for since their formation, in favor of a more mellowed-down indie rock/shoegazing sound, influenced by classic new wave and post-punk acts such as Joy Division and the Smiths, claiming that the current sound was music the band wanted to write and listen to.

Highlights: Vertigo, White Squall, Hole, Suffer, Down, Grey

Portugal. The Man - Woodstock

Woodstock is the eighth full-length album by American rock band Portugal. The Man. After having released Evil Friends in 2013, Portugal. The Man began work on a new project, under the working title Gloomin + Doomin. This album was eventually shelved, partly due to a conversation between John Gourley and his father and the discovery of a lost ticket stub from the Woodstock festival. Work began on the Woodstock album shortly thereafter, involving new music as well as material from the Gloomin + Doomin era.

Highlights: Number One (feat. Richie Havens & Son Little), Live In The Moment, Feel It Still, So Young, Tidal Wave, Noise Pollution (feat. Mary Elizabeth Winstead & Zoe Manville)

Ride - Weather Diaries

Weather Diaries is the fifth studio album by English rock band, Ride. The album was produced by English DJ Erol Alkan and mixed by long-time Ride collaborator Alan Moulder.

Highlights: Lannoy Point, Charm Assault, All I Want, Rocket Silver Symphony, Lateral Alice

Royal Blood - How Did We Get So Dark?

How Did We Get So Dark? is the second studio album by British rock duo Royal Blood. How Did We Get So Dark features a diverse set of styles within rock music, and is mainly rooted in hard rock, garage rock and alternative rock. The album is considered by most critics to be compositionally similar to the band's breakthrough debut album; both albums are stylitically very similar, with Kerr's bass serving as the music's focal point.

Highlights: How Did We Get So Dark?, Lights Out, I Only Lie When I Love You, She's Creeping, Don't Tell, Hole In Your Heart

leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:01 pm

June 16th 2017

Rap/Hip-Hop

2 Chainz - Pretty Girls Like Trap Music

Pretty Girls Like Trap Music is the fourth studio album by American rapper 2 Chainz. 2 Chainz alluded to the album showing "growth and maturation." He stated the content would maintain its edginess while also elevating trap music to a point where everyone can appreciate it. Pretty Girls Like Trap Music received widespread critical acclaim, with most critics citing the album as his best album yet.

Highlights: Good Drank (feat. Gucci Mane & Quavo), 4 AM (feat. Travis Scott), It's A Vibe (feat. Ty Dolla $ign, Trey Songz & Jhene Aiko)

Rock

Beth Ditto - Fake Sugar

Fake Sugar is the debut solo studio album by American singer Beth Ditto, known for her work with the dance-punk band Gossip. Incorporating influences from a wide array of genres, the album is regarded as Ditto's "embracement of her Southern roots".

Highlights: Fire, In And Out, Fake Sugar, Go Baby Go, Oh My God, Love In Real Life

Country

Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit - The Nashville Sound

The Nashville Sound is the sixth studio album by Jason Isbell, credited with the 400 Unit. It was produced by Dave Cobb, who also produced Isbell's previous two records.

Highlights: Last of My Kinf, Tupelo, White Man's World, If We Were Vampires, Anxiety, Hope the High Road

Pop

Lorde - Melodrama

Melodrama is the second studio album by New Zealand singer Lorde. Melodrama has been described by critics as a loose concept album that explores the theme of solitude, in the framework of a single house party with the events and moods that entail it. A majority of the album was written at the piano and took inspiration from Paul Simon's 1986 album, Graceland, Don Henley, Tom Petty, Phil Collins and Joni Mitchell.

Highlights: Green Light, Sober, Homemade Dynamite, Liability, Hard Feelings/Loveless, Sober II (Melodrama), Supercut, Perfect Places
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:44 pm

June 23rd 2017

Rap/Hip-Hop

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - New Waves

New Waves is the tenth studio album by American hip hop group Bone Thugs-n-Harmony. The album only consists of 2 out of 5 members of Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (Krayzie Bone and Bizzy Bone; a duo simply known as "Bone Thugs"). "This album is a breath of fresh air coming from Bone. We wanted to give this project a different look. That's where the album title comes from: New Waves. We will always be a group…we will always be Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, but this is different than from the norm. This is Bone Thugs." - Krazie Bone

Highlights: Coming Home (feat. Stephen Marley), Good Person (feat. Joelle James), Fantasy (feat. Jesse Rankins), That Girl (feat. Kaci Brown), Whatever Goes Up (feat. Jonathan Davis of KORN), Bad Dream (feat. IYAZ), Bottleservice, Ruthless (feat. Layzie Bone, Flesh-n-Bone & Eric Bellinger)

Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory

Big Fish Theory is the second studio album by American rapper Vince Staples. Big Fish Theory's sound was inspired by Burial, James Blake, Novelist, Wiley and Zomby. Staples wanted the album to have a Detroit techno aesthetic.

Highlights: Big Fish, 745, Yeah Right, SAMO, Party People, BagBak

Pop

The Chain Gang of 1974 - Felt

Felt is a studio album by American musician Kamtin Mohager, released under his indietronica moniker, The Chain Gang of 1974. The fourth studio album by The Chain Gang of 1974, it was the second album released under a major label. The album, described by Mohager as the most "honest" album he's created, represents a change of the Chain Gang's sound to a more pop-centric approach, detailing the personal experiences of Mohager and "the feelings of [his] past". The album's sound is the result of Mohager being exposed to new sounds during his time writing songs outside of the Chain Gang, in the years following the successful Daydream Forever.

Highlights: Slow, Wallflowers, I Still Wonder, Forget (feat. Alisa Xayalith), Looking For Love

Imagine Dragons - Evolve

Evolve (stylized as ƎVOLVE) is the third studio album by American rock band Imagine Dragons. Reynolds had noted that the album, compared to Night Visions and Smoke + Mirrors, is "an evolution for Imagine Dragons". The album's sound has been described as pop rock while containing elements of R&B, hip hop and EDM.

Highlights: Believer, Walking the Wire, Rise Up, I'll Make it Up To You, Thunder, Start Over
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:54 pm

June 30th 2017

Rock

Envy on the Coast - Ritual EP

Envy on the Coast are a post-hardcore band from Long Island, New York.

Highlights: Manic State Park, Virginia Girls, Sift

Rap/Hip-Hop

Jay-Z - 4:44

4:44 is the thirteenth studio album by American rapper Jay-Z. On the album, Jay-Z touches on a wide array of topics, such as the ongoing hip hop culture, his family life, his relationships, stereotypes and racism.

Highlights: Kill Jay-Z, The Story of OJ, 4:44, Family Feud (feat. Beyoncé), Marcy Me

Pop

Kacy Hill - Like a Woman

Like a Woman is the debut studio album by American singer Kacy Hill.

Highlights: Like A Woman, Keep Me Sane, Cruel, Hard To Love, Arm's Length, Say You're Wrong

Electronic

LANY - LANY

LANY is the debut studio album by American electronic music band LANY.

Highlights: The Breakup, Super Far, ILYSB, Hericane, Good Girls, Pancakes, Purple Teeth

July 7th 2017

Pop

Haim - Something to Tell You

Something to Tell You is the second studio album by American pop rock band Haim. Writing in Pitchfork, Jenn Pelly said, "No other rock band in popular music (an anomalous statement already) has mixed styles so seamlessly—rattling and gliding from one hook to another...Haim's latticed arrangements and heavily percussive melodies make their music fly."

Highlights: Want You Back, Nothing's Wrong, Little of Your Love, You Never Knew, Kept Me Crying, Found it in Silnece, Walking Away, Right Now

July 14th 2017

Alternative

Waxahatchee - Out in the Storm

Out in the Storm is the fourth studio album by Katie Crutchfield's band Waxahatchee. In a review of the album for AllMusic, Marcy Donelson wrote: "With Crutchfield forthright as ever and collaborators suited to drive home her position, Out in the Storm hits with strength as much as emotion."

Highlights: Silver, Recite Remorse, Brass Beam, Hear You
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:15 am

July 21st 2017

Rock

Declan McKenna - What Do You Think About the Car?

What Do You Think About the Car? is the debut studio album by English singer-songwriter and musician Declan McKenna. "There were a lot of changes, and I think you can hear that within some of the songs on the record. Quite a big part of the album is about change and being confused"

Highlights: Humongous, Brazil, The Kids Don't Wanna Come Home, Why Do You Feel So Down

Alternative

Lana Del Rey - Lust for Life

Lust for Life is the fifth studio album and fourth major-label record by American singer Lana Del Rey. Lust for Life features recurring trap rhythms, classic rock references, "sepia-toned" orchestral backings, and Del Rey singing with a "hip-hop affectation".

Highlights: Love, Lust For Life (feat. The Weeknd), 13 Beaches, White Mustang, In My Feelings, God Bless America And All The Beautiful Women in It, When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems (feat. Stevie Nicks)

Pop

Nicole Atkins - Goodnight Rhonda Lee

Goodnight Rhonda Lee is Nicole Atkins’ fourth studio album. In “Listen Up” Atkins is very self critical on how her life lessons were learned the hard way.

Highlights: A Little Crazy, Darkness Falls So Quiet, Listen Up, Goodnight Rhonda Lee, If I Could, Colors, Sleepwalking

Electronic

Nine Inch Nails - Add Violence EP

Add Violence is an extended play by American industrial rock band Nine Inch Nails. Certainly, rock is boring. A lot of what's blessed as "the cool thing" feels pretty generic and also feels, a lot of it, like a desperate plea for commercial airplay and success. That combined with just our own worldview and a kind of daydream I was having led to "let's make a record that feels challenging, and exciting to us"... I wanted the music to sound kind of ugly and to sound unfriendly, not suck you in with a sexy hook.

Highlights: Less Than, The Lovers, The Background World

rap/Hip-Hop

Tyler, The Creator - Flower Boy

Flower Boy (alternatively titled Scum **** Flower Boy) is the fourth studio album by American rapper Tyler, the Creator. Andy Kellman of AllMusic gave a positive review, stating "While most of these songs are rife with anxiety and isolation, the open-hearted lyricism and wide-scoped productions, put together by an artist in peak form, make them immensely engrossing. Frank Ocean, Pharrell Williams, Kali Uchis, Syd, and Estelle are among 11 supporting cast members, not one of whom is inessential to the whole."

Highlights: Foreword (feat. Rex Orange County), Where This Flower Blooms (feat. Frank Ocean), See You Again (feat. Kali Uchis), Who Dat boy (feat. A$AP Rocky)

leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:24 am

July 28th 2017

Alternative

Arcade Fire - Everything Now

Everything Now is the fifth studio album by the Canadian indie rock band Arcade Fire. Jeremy Winograd of Slant Magazine claimed that, "The result is by far Arcade Fire's most upbeat and easily digestible album to date."

Highlights: Everything Now, Creature Comfrot, Electric Blue, Good God Damn, Put Your Money On Me

Joywave - Content

Content is the second studio album by American indie rock band Joywave. Content was recorded in a four-month span at a barn in Bloomfield, New York, 45 minutes away from the band's hometown of Rochester. Paul Brenner, the band's drummer, regarded the barn as a "very open space" that let the band create "natural sounds and tones". The drums on the record were recorded late at night, due to the microphones picking up outside noises, such as traffic.

Highlights: Shutdown,It's A Trip!, Little Lies You're Told

Rap/Hip-Hop

Vic Mensa - The Autobiography

The Autobiography is the debut studio album by American rapper Vic Mensa. "It’s a human album, It explores my humanity, mainly, and I leave that to the listener to make parallels to themselves. When I say that the album is my blood, sweat, and tears, and everything I’ve learned up to this point, it’s just because it literally is."

Highlights: Memories on 47th Street, Rollin' Like A Stoner, Homewrecker (feat. Weezer), Gorgeous (feat. Syd), Heaven on Earth (feat. The-Dream), Wings (feat. Pharrell & Saul Williams)
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:12 am

August 4th 2017

Country

Tyler Childers - Purgatory

Tyler Childers is an American country music singer and songwriter. He had his first success with Purgatory, an album released on August 4, 2017. The album was produced by Sturgill Simpson and David Ferguson and recorded at The Butcher Shoppe in Nashville.

Highlights: I Swear To God, Feathered Indians, Whitehouse Road, Purgatory, Universal Sound, Lady May

August 11th 2017

Pop

Kesha - Rainbow

Rainbow is the third studio album by American singer Kesha. Lyrically, Rainbow explores themes of letting go of the past, finding forgiveness within oneself for past mistakes, self-worth and, in some cases, female empowerment. The album, which incorporates a wide variety of influences from different genres of music (including pop rock, glam rock, neo soul and country pop), marks a noticeable departure from the electropop sound of her first two studio albums.

Highlights: Bastards, Woman (feat. The Dap-Kings Horns), Praying, Learn To Let Go

August 18th 2017

Alternative

Grizzly Bear - Painted Ruins

Painted Ruins is the fifth studio album by American indie rock band Grizzly Bear. Laura Snapes in The Guardian described the album as "Unbeholden to the band’s existence, Painted Ruins has a cavalier quality that you’d struggle to spot in its tense forebears".

Highlights: Mourning Sound, Three Rings, Losing All Sense, Cut-Out, Neighbors

August 25th 2017

R&B

Daniel Caesar - Freudian

Freudian is the debut studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Daniel Caesar. Briana Younger of Pitchfork complimented the gospel elements of the album, stating: "There’s much here that blends well into this 1990s-obsessed era, but Caesar’s gospel background is his not-so-secret weapon. While he’s surely not the only contemporary R&B singer who grew up in the church, he doesn’t shy away from bringing the full range of his influences to his music. Caesar’s willingness to use all of the tools at his disposal—to explore his own id and superego right alongside love’s heaven and hell—elevates his craft."

Highlights: Get You (feat. Kali Uchis), We Find Love, Blessed

Alternative

Queens of the Stone Age - Villains

Villains is the seventh studio album by American rock band Queens of the Stone Age. In his review for Rolling Stone, Will Hermes wrote, "Queens of the Stone Age always sounded like the best glam-band name ever, and while Josh Homme's free-ranging heavy rock hypnotists were never quite that, they come as close as ever on Villains."

Highlights: The Way You Used To Do
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:30 pm

September 1st 2017

Electronic

Hercules and Love Affair - Omnion

Omnion is the fourth studio album by Hercules and Love Affair.

Highlights: Controller (feat. Faris Badwan), Running (feat. Sisy Ey), Fools Wear Crowns

Alternative

Madeline Kenney - Night Night at the First Landing

Night Night at the First Landing is the debut studio album by American singer-songwriter Madeline Kenney. The songs in the album were described as "seeming to focus more on moody thoughtfulness than a specific message."

Highlights: Don't Forget // There's Room, Rita, Witching Hour, John In Irish, Big One

Rock

Mogwai - Every Country's Sun

Every Country's Sun is the ninth studio album by Scottish post-rock band Mogwai.

Highlights: Coolverine, Party In The Dark
leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:48 pm

September 8th 2017

Country

Kip Moore - Slowheart

Slowheart is the third studio album by American country music artist Kip Moore. The term Slowheart has always been dear to me, but then it finally made sense with this record of coming to grips with my own vulnerabilities, my own hopes, my own stubbornness -- the long journey that it took to get to where I’m at, and the clarity I’m at now.

Highlights: Plead The Fifth, Just Another Girl, Bittersweet Company, More Girls Like You, Good Thing, Guitar Man

Alternative

The National - Sleep Well Beast

Sleep Well Beast is the seventh studio album by The National. In The Guardian, Kitty Empire described Sleep Well Beast as an exponent of "the tension created by the hyper-musical brother duos, pacing the cage of what 'rock band' means with increased vigour. It often adds up to a subtle, grown-up take that still leaves space for drama."

Highlights: Day I Die, The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness, I'll Still Destroy You, Guilty Party, Carin At The Liquor Store

Susanne Sundfør - Music for People in Trouble

Music for People in Trouble is the fifth studio album by Norwegian singer-songwriter Susanne Sundfør. Recorded with longtime collaborator Jørgen Træen in breaks between Sundfør's travels across the world, the album represents a departure from the synth-pop of Ten Love Songs (2015) in favor of a return to her roots as a folk singer-songwriter.

Highlights: Good Luck Bad Luck, Undercover

Tori Amos - Native Invader

Native Invader is the fifteenth studio album by American singer/songwriter Tori Amos. The songs on Native Invader are being pushed by the Muses to find different ways of facing unforeseen challenges and in some cases dangerous conflicts. The record looks to Nature and how, through resilience, she heals herself. The songs also wrestle with the question: what is our part in the destruction of our land, as well as ourselves, and in our relationships with each other?

Highlights: Reindeer King, Wings, Broken Arrow, Cliud Riders, Up The Creek, Breakaway, WildWood, Chocolate Song, Bang, climb, Bats, Mary's eyes

leomedar
Legend

Postby leomedar » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:48 pm

September 15th 2017

Alternative

Arcane Roots - Melancholia Hymns

Melancholia Hymns is the second full-length studio album by the British alternative rock band Arcane Roots.

Highlights: Matter, Off the Floor, Curtains, Arp

Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold

Concrete and Gold is the ninth studio album by American rock band Foo Fighters. Described by the band as an album where "hard rock extremes and pop sensibilities collide", Concrete and Gold concerns the future of the United States from the viewpoint of the band's frontman and lead songwriter Dave Grohl, with the heated atmosphere of the 2016 elections and the presidency of Donald Trump cited as major influences by Grohl.

Highlights: Run, The Sky is a Neighborhood, Happy Ever After (Zero Hour)

September 22nd 2017

Alternative

The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful

Wonderful Wonderful is the fifth studio album by American rock band The Killers. Lyrically, the album is about what it means to be a man, as Flowers revealed on an interview with Entertainment Weekly: "In your head it's about being tough and bringing home the bacon, but what I've come to find is it's really more about empathy and compassion."

Highlights: Wonderful Wonderful, The Man, Rut, Life To Come, Some Kind of Love, Have All The Songs Been Written?

Country

Midland - On the Rocks

On the Rocks is the debut studio album by American country music band Midland. Chris Richards of The Washington Post described the album as "the year's best country album".

Highlights: Lonely For You Only, Make A Little, Drinkin' Problem, More Than A Fever, This Old Heart

Rock

Van Morrison - Roll with the Punches

Roll with the Punches is the 37th studio album by Northern Irish singer-songwriter Van Morrison. The album features five original songs and ten covers.

Highlights: Roll With The Punches, Transformation, Stormy Monday/Lonely Avenue, Teardrops From My Eyes, Benediction, Mean Old World, Ride on Josephine

September 29th 2017

Rock

Barns Courtney - The Attractions of Youth

Barnaby George "Barns" Courtney (born 17 November 1990) is an English singer, songwriter and musician.

Highlights: Fire, Hands, Golden Dandelions, Hellfire, Kicks, The Attractions of Youth

Country

Shania Twain - Now

Now is the fifth studio album by Canadian singer and songwriter Shania Twain. Twain underwent vocal therapy after being diagnosed with dysphonia and Lyme disease, which caused her to nearly lose her singing voice.

Highlights: Who's gonna Be Your Girl, I'm Alright, We Got Something They Don't, Life's About To Get Good
leomedar
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts