Carbon's 2016 Faves | ALBUMS - #1 revealed!

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Carbon » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:08 pm

I cannot @ Sexual being this known and a hit! no one I showed it too knew about it here. it's a total non-hit :lol: (glad it was popular somewhere at least)
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Carbon wrote:I cannot @ Sexual being this known and a hit! no one I showed it too knew about it here. it's a total non-hit :lol: (glad it was popular somewhere at least)
I hate that song too... :roll:
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby Carbon » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:41 pm

Phoenixx wrote:
Carbon wrote:I cannot @ Sexual being this known and a hit! no one I showed it too knew about it here. it's a total non-hit :lol: (glad it was popular somewhere at least)
ermm...I don't hate it, I adore it, that's why it was my #5 :lol: I just never hear it anywhere and I can't believe it was a hit and I missed it
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:46 pm

Biebz wrote:Sexual was deffs a hit! Your taste is mainstream, except it #loveyourself
accept ;)

Sweet Relief is catchy! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby urbanmusik » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:04 am

No Broken Hearts is terrible, but I kind of like it. Boyfriend is good pop song, Team is a bad one. I also loved F*ck Apologies when it came out but rarely play it anymore. MØ delivered one of the best basic bops of the year, Final Song has such a strong melody. Drone Bomb Me is the one though; killer production and the subject matter hits me hard.

I can't remember what the Cher Lloyd song sounds like. Same goes for Demi. Couldn't believe I liked a M-Train song when NO came out, though it wore off after 8 plays on my iTunes. Adele really went for the emotions with When We Were Young, didn't she? A relatable subject matter that isn't tackled enough in pop music. The backing vocals in the final chorus are everything. Ain't My Fault goes awwwwf, while Work is effortlessly one of the best tracks of 2016.

I want to like Laura Mvula more than I do, something about her music hasn't quite clicked with me. I'm late on checking out Mitski; need to listen her album, the single is powerful. I like the SEB song but it's all a bit underwhelming. Despite Nicki recycling her verse again, Side to Side is a certified bop.

Needed Me is perfect. Haven't played Blended Family much since it came out; it's a nice song, but In Common is the only song from the album I love. Cool Girl and Gemini Feed are the kind of moody pop I love, massive songs. Better is a low-key bop, poor Meghatron. Need to check out the Corinne album. B really did that with Sorry; her flow and endless quotable lyrics fit so well against the song's urban backdrop and Caribbean lilt. Cranes in the Sky is just :cry: :cry: :cry: . Solange just gets it and describes it so well. A masterpiece.

The Clare Maguire, Shura and Shakira songs are all very good. I like Santigold's track as well, though the first two singles from her album got a lot more spins from me. Loved the NEIKED song when it came out, but overkill on radio has me sick of it at the moment. Cheap Thrills got old a lot faster for me, but I guess not every song can have the resilience of Lush Life.
urbanmusik
The College Dropout

Postby Phoenixx » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:12 am

Carbon wrote:
Phoenixx wrote:
ermm...I don't hate it, I adore it, that's why it was my #5 :lol: I just never hear it anywhere and I can't believe it was a hit and I missed it
I know. But very much people hate it
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby Tansike » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:08 pm

"Sexual" is nice, but nothing i'd download... :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Carbon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:34 pm

3. Röyksopp - Never Ever (feat. Susanne Sundfør)

So catchyyyyy. I love Susanne Sundfor and casually enjoy some Royksopp and this is the perfect combination of the two. I can't believe it didn't really smash (or it did but I didn't notice?). Her voice is so nice.
          STAY TUNED FOR MY #1 AND #2 TOMORROW! GUESSES?
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby heppolo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:50 pm

Röyksopp - Never Ever (feat. Susanne Sundfør)
It's catchy yet distant from being bubblegum or throwaway which is quite a feat.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:45 pm

heppolo wrote:
Röyksopp - Never Ever (feat. Susanne Sundfør)
It's catchy yet distant from being bubblegum or throwaway which is quite a feat.
Agreed, it like this one too.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby JakeP » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Carbon wrote:5. NEIKED - Sexual (feat. Dyo)

The newest discovery for me, stumbled upon it randomly on a youtube playlist. The catchiest thing ever! I can't believe it went by unnoticed! And the lyrics video is hilarous. Plus I've been feeling sexual myself lately so it's also relatable. :lol: If you like pop music, I urge you to give this a try even though it was never a hit.
Sexual is such a sexual song isn't it? <3 I'm surprised you never thought it was successful, it has done so well in the UK charts and i've seen the lyric video on a few music channels over the last month. It definitely didn't go by unnoticed. :P
JakeP
Manager

Postby Carbon » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:09 pm

2. Ariana Grande - Into You

This is such a pop masterpiece. So exhilirating, sensual, sexy and enticing! Her career peak in my book (and I stanned for Break Free as well). This is on a whole other level. If it had been released as lead single, it would've been even bigger.
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:13 pm

"Into You" is a great song. It's definitely one of the highlights on Ariana's most recent album. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Carbon » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:14 pm

1. Jennifer Lopez - Ain't Your Mama

So very unexpected! Who would've thought this was my number 1?! Except for everyone ever. Hmm well yes. Not sure what to say and how to explain my profound love for this song. It's just really catchy. :lol: That beat is too contagious, the melody as well, and it's so silly I can't help but love it. I wish it was an On The Floor-sized hit, but oh well. My fave JLo song officially. I still listen to it often and it never gets old.
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby leomedar » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Demi & Jlo
You are such a Mariah hater :lol:

Nice songs but not the best imo
leomedar
Superstar

Postby SilentDream » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:21 pm

"Ain't Your Mama" was quite big where I live. I heard it on the radio way too often, that's why it started to annoy me quickly.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Two great tunes. One more a pop masterpiece than the other, but J.Lo is catchy as hell, I don't begrudge her the win!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Biebz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Love Into You, I agree it would have been huge if it was the lead!

Not a fan of the J-Lo song, sorry
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby toni_pest » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:40 pm

legendary top 2.
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:53 pm

Pretty solid Top 2!

"Into You" definitely deserved more success than it got. It's one of my favourite Ariana singles, if not my absolute favourite.

Interesting to see "Ain't Your Mama" at #1. It's a catchy song, that's for sure, but J.Lo has so many stronger songs. Still, it makes for a surprising and solid chart-topper!
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Great Top-2 8-)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby MrRager » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:29 am

Your Top 2 is a mess! :lol:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby JimJim » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:00 am