BATHLAVI TOP 100: (ENTIRE CHART POSTED)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby BageTheLaVie » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:31 pm

(Sorry for taking so long to upload this "banner")

FINALLY! The list I've been waiting for all year is out. This means I can start my own Year End Chart! Let's do it!

Top 5 Singers
01. Rihanna (102 streams)
02. Avril Lavigne (73 streams)
03. Taylor Swift (61 streams) {will not make a appearence on the list because her music is not on Spotify. i only have local files and they do not count :roll: )
04. Selena Gomez (58 streams)
05. The Chainsmokers (56 streams)

Top 5 Albums
01. Avril Lavigne - Let Go (53 streams)
02. Rihanna - ANTI (41 streams)
03. Britney Spears - The Essential Britney Spears (39 streams)
04. Selena Gomez — Revival (34 streams)
05. Fifth Harmony — 7/27 (32 streams)

Earworm of the year
Britney Spears and Avril Lavigne have to share, as both If U Seek Amy and Complicated were listened 9 times in ONE day.
Look at how happy they are in sharing the awards!

And now, without further ado, here are the: BATHLAVI Hot 100 Songs Of 2016
Have I already commented that I am awful at formating, design etc?

I was actually surprised this song made the cut. I did play it, but I surely wasn't expecting it to be here. Things like this happen at the bottom of the list, I guess... Even through I was never a big fan of Melanie, I have to admit her song is perfect to play when you are having a outburst; at least that was when I played it...
I am a old man in my soul. Just trowing it out there. I love the 60's and the 50's. You know what I also like? Jazz! I find it so relaxing and sophisticated 8-) ! Postmodern Jukebox is a group that includes all of these. They make old fashioned covers of popular songs and I love them! This is the first of three entries by the musical team. If you are into Jazz/Blues check their Youtube channel out!

Another oddball. That goes to show that I don't stream music that much. The song is great to burst self-esteem, but is far from being something worth replaying.
Surely one of the biggest surprises this year. Who would guess The Chainsmokers had staying power? Not me! While a great part of the internet hates them I am more on that blurred line between "Meh" and "Like". And yes: this song is a ripoff of Closer, but I don't care because i am a alienated consumerist (!!!). First of three entries by the duo.
Yeah... Remember the "I am a old man in my soul" talk? I wasn't kidding! I listen to Classical Music! And no; I do not just listen to a random playlist of Classical Music, no! I go ahead and search for a specific piece. Plus: This is not the only piece from this genre to make it to this list either.
Last edited by BageTheLaVie on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Most weeks at #1: Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You
Highest peaking classical music piece: Beethoven - Ode to Joy
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby Magnus » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Great to see Avril, Taylor and Selena among the Top 5 Singers and Albums! Almost can't believe those numbers though. Are you sure they're for an entire year and not just one day? :wink:
Magnus
Manager

Postby Tansike » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:54 am

Great countdown so far!

First of all, i really like four of the five artists on the Top 5 Singers list; all except The Chainsmokers. I don't mind them, but they had a very strong song with "Don't Let Me Down".
Same for the Top5 Albums list. I like them all, with "7/27" being my least fave as well from these five. Kinda surprised about "Let Go" being the top album after all these years :)

Second, now on to the 'main' countdown...

#100 Pity Party
#98 Focus
#97 All We Know

I like these three so far. "All We Know" sounds like a child from "Closer", i'm surprised it's not doing better for them to be honest.
"Focus" is so underrated. Never got the hate it gets sometimes...
Tansike
Legend

Postby BageTheLaVie » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Another hit of the beginning of the year that I had no faith at all making it to the 2016 countdown. The subject matter of the lyrics isn't very friendly (as far as my dirty mind can tell :lol: ) but there is something that keep me wanting to hear this track. Maybe is DEV breathy singing, maybe is the saxopone in the background, but the important thing is: this singer proves that you never should stop believing. You may have some surphises awaiting...
Rihanna was DA QUEEN this year. I did not jump on the Rihanna bandwagon until late June - early July. Once I did, however she slayed all the other singers. She is the one with the most appearences on my weekly chart (13), she was my most streamed artist by a mle and has the 2nd most streamed album of (BATHLAVI) 2016. Her first entry represents the Rated R album. Plus: the song had only three weeks on my weekly chart at the tail end of the chart year. "Hello" much?
I would never had known this song existed if I did not watched a video on Youtube listing a bunch of earworms. It was of the first songs of my Last.FM era (May - present). This song is also one of the most innocent songs on this list. Is just a guy asking a girl if she wanna be his girlfriend. Avril Lavigne may say: "I did that too!". Oh, Avril! but DJ Otzi does it better simply because this girl IS NOT CURRENTLY ON A RELATIONSHIP with someone else! It has a "feel good" vibe and a sing-along factor that is just irresistible.
Ladies and gentleman.: the first 2015 returnee! This song is da bomb! It is the perfect bop in my eyes! Mrs. King manage to do what no one else could: she made me like a heavier sound. My 2015 year end chart was filled of either snoozefest, oldies or throwback songs, so this track was a breath of fresh air. I totally buy Elle's bad girl image by the way! And I even gave her album a try.
Time for a throwback hit! This song represents one of my first steps into the EDM realm and.... OH MY GAWSH this is such a party jam!!! I would bop to this anytime! No wonder it was a hit here in Brazil.
There is one word to describe this song.: Groove. It has a wonderful one. For those of you who follow my chart (Tansike ftw!),you may remember I was pretty sad when it had finally come the time to say bye to this song.... Even if I was the only one responsible for it. Seriously, if you did not listen to this track yet I highly suggest you do! It is awesome!
Last year, I listened to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston a lot and it made said year end list. This year, Sean attempted a comeback with a 2009 song named "Fire Burning". I liked it, but as of now the song wore off and I barely hear it anymore. This was probably Sean's last appearence in this type of ranking. Only a "feat." credit can bring him back.
I couldn't care less about Nick Jonas here. All my attention goes to Tove Lo who was the reason I started listening to this song. This is another one of those I can't really tell why I liked as much as I did (the music video may have something to do with it :wink: ), but there is one thing I must point out about it: the lyric "space was just a word made up by someone who is afraid to get too close" was memorable.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Magnus wrote:Great to see Avril, Taylor and Selena among the Top 5 Singers and Albums! Almost can't believe those numbers though. Are you sure they're for an entire year and not just one day? :wink:
Well SORRY if I am not that much of a music stan, OK? :oops:
I started using Last.FM in late May so it is severely missing some numbers from the beggining of the year. But trust me: the top 5 wouldn't be that different...

Don't worry, Tansike (can I call you Sike?)! I understand why people don't like The Chainsmokers that much. I myself found some songs songs by them I don't really like (hi, #SELFIE!).
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby NothingFails » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Kinda neat to throw in retro songs as opposed to just being focused on this year.

Yay for The Sign, Rude Boy and Ex's And Oh's
NothingFails
Legend

Postby BageTheLaVie » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:19 pm

NothingFails wrote:Kinda neat to throw in retro songs as opposed to just being focused on this year.

Yay for The Sign, Rude Boy and Ex's And Oh's
"I am a old man in my soul". I love listening to older songs (I even have a playlist on Spotify created especially for these).
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:17 am

I'm the opposite, I hate old songs in yearly countdowns :lol: but it made Close stand out more - decent song, for both Nick and Tove!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby BageTheLaVie » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:33 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:I'm the opposite, I hate old songs in yearly countdowns :lol: but it made Close stand out more - decent song, for both Nick and Tove!
Oh... You are not going to be happy with the rest of the ranking :lol:

But hey! It's your opinion, I respect it :wink:
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby luckyONE » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:38 pm

'Rude Boy' made me become interested in Rihanna / a fan!
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:52 am

"Rude Boy" is excellent. If I remember correctly, it was #3 on my 2010 year-end chart.

"Ex's & Oh's" is good, but I prefer the video to the song. :oops: "Everytime We Touch" is a bop! I can't think of anything better Cascada's done. "The Sign" is a classic bop.

The "Close" lyric you pointed out is pretty fantastic. The falsetto Nick Jonas does at that part is pretty cool too.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby BageTheLaVie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:52 pm

From what I can gather, Michelle Simonal earns a living by making jazz covers of songs. Her "21 Guns" cover, however, goes on a different on a different route: implying heavy use of drum machines and synths (as far as my awful musical ear can tell) she sings her way thru this Green Day song. And even if the original version is good (I like it really) it still too much "rock n roll" to my ears...That made sense, right? I didn't offend anyone, right? So I prefer this laid-back, still a little bit loud instrumental. First of two appearences by the singer.
The second 2015 year end returnee is a type of earworm that can't leave no matter how hard you try. I should be sick af of this song by now, but I'm not. After listening to Carly Rae newest album I felt sorry for her never having a real hit after "Good Time". "I Really Like You" and "Run Away With Me" are good songs. She did not deserved to be a one (two?) hit wonder at all!
YAY! This song made it! It was my first earworm of the year, how lovely! I can't find anything wrong with it. The cheerleader chant is cool and original, the chorus is magneficent and the verses are so bouncy I don't even mind listening to them. Good work there, Mrs. Basil (also, nice name)!

(Just so I can make you suffer, here's a version by a brazilian child icon. I grew up listening to her and even I find it cringy...Or at the very least annoying).

Brace yourselves, folks! This is going to be a little long: I watch Big Brother and this year the season's theme was the same of the current Survivor season (Millennials vs. Gen X). Said theme was lost as the show progressed, but that is not the focus. The focus is on Maria Cláudia, the 2nd youngest contest on the show. She is a Youtuber and she is (imo) one of the nicest persons on Earth! She got along with almost every single housemate and was liked by almost everyone (even the troublemaker of the season loved her!). The GP despised her for being too childish and whiny, but she was my crush!!! Towards the end of the season, she was the last one standing against a three people alliance, BUT because there is something called KARMA in this world the threesome f**ked up and two of them got evicted, allowing Cacau (her precious nickname) to go to the final two without being nominated to ANY eviction. She did not win, but hell: She made it to the final whe NO ONE but her Twitter fanbase believed she would. Oh, did I mention that she got bullied and ignored by the alliance once they got into the final 4?!
This is a song describing someone who is complicated (not easy to deal with) but pitch perfect! Someone tha appeared suddenly on a guy's life and to whom he admits she was alld tha he wanted! I used to cry while listening to this because I wanted Maria Cláudia to be my girlfriend :cry: :cry: :cry:
:oops: :oops: :oops:
(A pic of my sweetheart)
Last edited by BageTheLaVie on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby Grybop » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Oh, someone who digs chicks on UKMix, how refreshing.

:lol: I'm joking of course. Just dropped in to say how cool it is to include these random oldies in there - random to everyone else of course, this is your year and chart and they belong there if you say so!
Thank you for that brazilian Mickey cover, just what I needed right now :lol:
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:32 am

"Call Me Maybe" is a bop!
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby BageTheLaVie » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:57 pm

How do I explain myself about this one... There is a Youtube channel that makes parodies of pop songs. I liked this one parody a bit too much and it ended up being a top 5 hit. Nothing more to say. At least we already know who won the "Oddball Awards" this year...
This song is special to me in a way. It was the first song I listened to with my new headphones. That's somethin', right? This is also a pretty recent hit too (on my charts, anyways): dating back to last month. I'm sad to know about the gossip that this song was a "subtle" kiss-off to Ed Sheeran and that Ellie, despite all the evidence, denied it. Hey! It still a nice song and her voice is sweet s honey, so I can look past this incident and still enjoy it.
Yay! Another 2016 song! I prefered the solo version because... No reason at all. It is not a song I had on repeat, but is good nevertheless.
And we're back to throwbacks. Ke$ha ruled the first half of my chart year. I really, really hope she can solve her current situation and come back to make more bubblegum pop like this one bop. 3OH!3 RUINED the flow towards the end with their stupid guest verse, tho. First of four entries by her.
I was looking aimlessly thru the Billboard Year End Charts seven months ago and I found this familiar EDM track. Is it repetitive? Sure, the beat pattern here is the same throughout the song. Does it makes me nostalgic? Yes! Does it earns extra points for being released in 2000, the year I was born? Hell yeah!!!
Last edited by BageTheLaVie on Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby luckyONE » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:04 pm

"On My mind" is probably my favorite song by Ellie, although it's not that loved here.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Grybop » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Loving Kesha and Alice Deejay.

The Tik Tok parody by the Key of Awesome is a classic, by the way!
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby BageTheLaVie » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Grybop wrote:Loving Kesha and Alice Deejay.

The Tik Tok parody by the Key of Awesome is a classic, by the way!
IKR?! I know the lyrics to the Tik Tok parody by heart :D
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:38 am

I was so obsessed with "Blah Blah Blah" when I first heard it. It's not aged well, but I still play every now and then.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:31 am

BageTheLaVie wrote:Don't worry, Tansike (can I call you Sike?)! I understand why people don't like The Chainsmokers that much. I myself found some songs songs by them I don't really like (hi, #SELFIE!).
:lol: That sounds cute! If you want me to call that way, why not? :) Oh yeah that Selfie track was really awful. Who would have thought they would be one of the biggest artists in 2016 back then?

Ok so i wanted to write down all the tracks that i like from the updates i've missed so far but that would be like 99% of the songs so instead i just write down the ones that i absolutely love.

#94 Rihanna - Rude Boy
Awesome and pop at its best. It's so catchy. Probably kinda shocking to know that i never really liked it during the time it came out... :oops:

#86 Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Well, pop at its best for a second time. She'll probably never comes close to this when it comes to charts success but i think musically she was better on her last album.

#80 Ke$ha - Blah Blah Blah
Well, i miss her. This was even a #1 hit on my charts back in the days, so it's nice to see this appearing on your list :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:25 pm

On My Mind is still fresh and a great song. I didn't rate Rock Bottom as highly as Hailee's other singles, but it's nice!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby BageTheLaVie » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:19 pm

2016 was the year I discovered the UK Charts. For the most part, the UK Billboard is better than the american counterpart: no stupid 52 weeks rule (Mr. Brightside loves this) and instead of focusing on rap and derivates the brits seem to love EDM. And most of that EDM is really nice (The Right Song, Give Me Your Love). But that doesn't mean Britain has no pop scene. This song proves it. I remember listening to it the first and lolling about the premise: "I found a really nice girl... but she is a lesbian". More british discoveries soon.
I love this EDm genre! I like party songs, but I mostly like this House subgenre (?). Calm beats, a chill vibe! I falled in love with this track almost instantly! Who could say that, in 2009, The Veronicas we're a pop rock duo? I hope they keep going in this direction because so far so good.
Why did I listen to this so many times :roll: I don't know, but I can feel the jam! Might not be as great as Jennifer's previous entry on my year end chart last year (On The Floor) but still good. I can see why it didn't take off in the US, tho!
Who remembers this one?! I couldn't get "don't you leave brokenhearted tonight" outta my head! I'm happy fo the band, too! They have been trying all year to get a hit on my chart: first it was "Acapella"; It flopped. Then "Blame It On My Heart" was looking promising, but my chart system broke, ruining the momentum. Finally, "Brokenhearted" happened and BUM! Top 10 hit!
(I find it so funny the fact that literally the last song was named "Brokenhearted" and now we have "No Broken Hearts"...)
The chorus to this is amazing and I am angry this flopped in the US!!! Or the UK!! Or anywhere but Indonesia!!! Really? Only Indonesia saw the goodness of this bop? Damn you, guys :evil:
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:09 pm

"Ain't Your Mama" is cute, but J.Lo has obviously done better. I bopped to it a bit this year, though. 8-)
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Magnus » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:14 pm

I liked "Brokenhearted" at first (in 2012) but got tired of it quickly. "In My Blood" and "No Broken Hearts" are quite solid though!
Magnus
Manager

Postby Biebz » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:03 pm

I love In My Blood! Should have been a big hit WW!
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby king_oxymoron » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:57 am

I didn't include The Vamps in my list this year but I think they're a pretty decent group - I Found A Girl is a fun (and funny, as you say) tune, and their follow up All Night is pretty good too!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Return to Year End Personal Charts