Tansike's Year-End Charts 2016 [Mammy Awards]

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby adg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Some great albums from Foxes, Twenty One Pilots and Bruno Mars
adg
Superstar

Postby vinnie65 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:05 pm

Great Albums from Tove Lo, Bruno Mars and Foxes!! 8-)
vinnie65
Manager

Postby Tansike » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:29 am

SilentDream wrote:"All I Need" is amazing. It's definitely one of my favourite albums of 2016. :)

I don't think that "Thank You" is better than Meghan's debut album, but still it's a very good album. I hope that we will get a fourth single, but I doubt it. :(

Concerning "Lady Wood", I agree with you. I also think that Tove Lo's second album is better than her debut album, which was a nice album as well. It's a shame that it wasn't as successful as her debut album.

"Glory" basically consists of several songs that are absolutely awful (e.g. "Invitation", "Clumsy", "Coupure Électrique"), but it also offers a few really great songs (e.g. "Slumber Party", "Change Your Mind", "Liar"). I can't really make my mind up about this album - it's definitely not bad, but there are too many horrible songs on it to say that it's good.

I discovered Skylar Grey's music as well in 2016. "Natural Causes" is a really decent album. :)
That's great! It's definitely a way too underrated album...

I hope so too, but just like you, i also think there won't be one. But who knows, "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" was also released quite late...

Glad to hear you agree with me on Tove Lo's album :D The main problem with her debut was probably its length, as it had a few fillers. Agree about its success.

Oops... two of the three awful songs are some of my clear faves ("Clumsy" and "Coupure Électrique") :oops: But i share similar thoughts on you when it comes to the album overall.

Nice! And she's one of too many underrated artists these days :(

Biebz wrote:Britney - Much better effort from Britney than pervious albums. Probably her best since Blackout. The highlight being Clumsy though? Girl... :lol:

Rihanna - Great album! I think I prefer it to Unapologetic which got old fast for me. I think Loud and Talk That Talk were better though :P

Sia - I was pretty disappointed with this. 1000FOF was a great album and had very little filler whereas This Is Acting is the opposite in my opinion. Surprised you think theres not much filler :lol:
I'm probably one of the few ones who thinks otherwise... :oops: But glad you enjoyed it that much! :) Haha yeah...

Agree about the latter too, but i'd put "Unapologetic" above "Anti" as well.

Looks like we think completely different there cause i felt that way with 1000FOF... :oops:

cdschart wrote:I'll look through the full list later but my favorite in the top 10 is probably Lost On You.
I'll add everything to the first page later today or so, so you wouldn't need to go through the whole topic to see your faves :) But glad you like that one :D

MrRager wrote:Cry Baby is the highlight for me. It took a few listens but after that I thought it was amazing. Soap, Play Date and Mr Potato Head are the highlights for me!

I also like Anti. I didn't at first but it grew on me.

Sia's album was hit or miss with me. A bit of a disappointment as a whole tbh. Footprints was my fav.

Foxes album was pretty good aswell. A few gems. Cruel, Body Talk and Wicked love are my favs.

Britney's album actually wasn't that bad minus a few disgusting songs. What was she thinking with those! :lol: Invitation, Man On The Moon and Make Me... are my favourites.
The whole album is strong, isn't it? "Cry Baby" and "Soap" are some of my faves too :)

Glad to hear this, it's been the same with me :D

Aww a shame, i really enjoy it :)

Yes, she deserves so much more success, glad you enjoyed her album as well 8-)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:30 am

heppolo wrote:Love Babymetal, they're making alternative music happier and dynamic
Yas, they're really cool :D

Phoenixx wrote:VERY VERY happy to see Blurryface in the Top-40! Also good to see 24K Magic 8-)

Also great to see This Is Acting that high :D
I knew you would like these 8-)

JSparksFan wrote:I still find it amazing that my least favourite 24K Magic song is your favourite; either way, I'm happy that the album grew on you.

My Glory experience was similar. It had a stunning first two to three weeks, with it even looking to be a guarantee to make my year-end Top 5 at one point, then the songs quickly lost their lustre. That's very unusual for Britney's music to not have any lasting power, but with all the bizarre things happening recently, I guess that's just another thing to add to the list.

I pretty much agree with everything you wrote about Anti. We share the same favourite track. 8-)

This Is Acting is sub-par for me. It has some big highlights, but also some very low points.
Haha yeah... i completely understand if someone dislikes "Perm" though.

Glad we had a similar feeling with Britney's latest release. It's kinda sad how this ended... i really thought "Glory" could be one of the big highlights of 2016, but it wasn't, and i'm not sure if i will ever listen to it again as a whole. True...

Also glad we agree on "Anti" :)

I'm surprised many people seemed to be a bit disappointed by Sia's album... it's my fave from her so far :o

king_oxymoron wrote:It's because I barely know any of them!! Bad music fan. But I own and really like the Foxes album 8-)
Ah no Problem. Foxes' album is a good pick :)

adg wrote:Some great albums from Foxes, Twenty One Pilots and Bruno Mars
Nice to know you like some of them :)

vinnie65 wrote:Great Albums from Tove Lo, Bruno Mars and Foxes!! 8-)
Glad you like these :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:38 am

ALBUM COUNTDOWN | Year-End Charts 2016

20. Broods – Conscious
Chartrun: 6-9-10-9-*2*-3-5-9-12-19-20-Out / 11w
Certification: GOLD
The Top20 starts with New Zealandish duo Broods and their second album “Conscious”. As someone who wasn’t familiar with their critically acclaimed debut, I got surprised how good “Free” was, so I immediately checked out this album and really liked it. And while the lead track remains the best track on this, “Conscious” also offers other great synth-pop songs. Highlight: Free
19. Charlie Puth – Nine Track Mind
Chartrun: *2*-4-9-13-19-16-12-9-11-14-20-Out-RE 19-19-18-9-8-10-16-Out / 18w
Charlie Puth is without a doubt one of the best and also biggest newcomers of 2016, and his debut album has even more than just the singles. A good pop album from start to finish, with a few obvious fillers and a very sympathetic guy behind them. Highlight: Dangerously
18. Delta Goodrem – Wings Of The Wild
Chartrun: 2-4-*1*-1-2-4-6-11-15-16-18-Out / 11w
Australian hit maker and The Voice coach Delta Goodrem was always familiar for me, as she’s quite popular on here, but I still never checked her out until 2016. And I really got surprised, as “Wings Of The Wild” is a great pop album, and Delta is such a good vocalist! This and the singles really deserved more recognition. Highlight: Enough
17. Tarja – The Brightest Void
Chartrun: *1*-1-1-3-4-7-9-11-18-15-14-17-Out / 12w
Finnish symphonic metal queen Tarja shouldn’t be missed on my countdown, and 2016 was even a great year to be a fan from her, as she released two albums; “The Brightest Void” as a prequel first, and “The Shadow Self” as the main album shortly afterwards. And while this release got promoted as a mini-album, it still has a length of nearly 45 minutes, which is more than many mainstream albums have. Sometimes maybe a bit generic and lazy produced, but it has with “Witch Hunt” and “An Empty Dream” also two masterpieces. Highlight: An Empty Dream
16. OneRepublic – Oh My My
Chartrun: *1*-1-2-4-6-10-13-9-10-5-9- / 11w
While OneRepublic’s newest set “Oh My My” may be a disappointment for many people, it became really fast my most favorite release ever by the band. It may be a bit long and has some fillers, but there are also many standouts, and many well-written, well-produced and well-sung songs. Highlight: Choke
15. Rachel Platten – Wildfire
Chartrun: *1*-1-1-3-7-10-11-18-Out-RE 16-6-9-13-19-Out-RE 17-Out / 14w
I’ve already said it a few times on the countdown for other albums but I have to say it once more for this album here: “Wildfire” was one of the best pop releases of 2016. Rachel Platten’s major label debut had so many great tracks, her career looked so promising and out of a sudden they stopped the whole campaign. What were they thinking? “Lone Ranger” and “Congraulations” are pop at its best, two of the best pop songs of the last few years, and they remained as album tracks? With is 1st January release date this was a perfect start for the new year. Highlight: Lone Ranger
14. Lady GaGa – Joanne
Chartrun: *1*-1-1-1-3-5-4-6-5- / 9w
Nothing surprising to see Lady GaGa scoring a relatively high position on my year-end charts, as she’s probably my second favorite solo artist, only behind Kerli. Following a little break, the lady finally released her new album in late 2016, and with only nine weeks on the weekly chart, “Joanne” is already able to snatch a Top20 position on my countdown. This album is far from being perfect and even after all this time I’m seeing it as her weakest studio album (not counting “Cheek To Cheek”), but it’s still very good. Especially the first half is fantastic with tracks like “Diamond Heart”, “Dancin’ In Circles” and “Million Reasons”. It’s also the second longest running number one album of 2016. I’m hoping for a successful 2017. Highlight: Dancin’ In Circles
13. Birdy – Beautiful Lies
Chartrun: *2*-5-6-8-10-12-11-6-4-5-7-10-12-16-Out / 14w
From one of the biggest pop stars in the world to one of the most underrated ones: Birdy! The still young british singer-songwriter released her long awaited third studio album “Beautiful Lies” in 2016, which is unfortunately one of many album campaigns that weren’t handled the way they deserved. It has many beautiful pop ballads with “Growing Pains”, “Shadow”, “Deep End” or “Save Yourself”, and it’s a mystery to me how they didn’t do more promo for this release. Highlight: Shadow
12. Adele – 25
Chartrun in 2015: *1*-2-1-2-7- / 5w
Chartrun in 2016: 5-6-9-7-8-9-8-10-12-17-18-19-Out-RE 15-*2*-3-10-19-Out / 17w
Certification: PLATINUM
Ranking in the YEC 2015: #42
Adele finished 2015 with a bang, and while she kept on releasing tracks of “25” during 2016, I somehow got over it rather quickly. It still was a success, and her concert in may 2016 also helped a lot to bring it back to the charts. It’s still a very good album, and Adele knows what she can do, and she does it really good, however I feel like this album doesn’t have the same effect like her magnum opus “21”. Highlight: River Lea
11. Gwen Stefani – This Is What The Truth Feels Like
Chartrun: *1*-1-1-3-4-5-8-7-12-13-15-11-14-15-18-Out / 15w
And once again, a very underrated album, but for me personally one of the best pop releases of 2016: “This Is What The Truth Feels Like” by Gwen Stefani. The iconic singer finally released her third solo album in 2016, and unfortunately the pop smash “Baby Don’t Lie” didn’t make the final cut. But there are still so many great tunes on this album, it’s incredible! I didn’t believe how good it was when I first heard it. “You’re My Favorite” (!), “Where Would I Be?” (!), “Getting Warmer” (!), “Truth”, “Send Me A Picture” (!), the three singles, “Me Without You” and many more are just really, really good pop songs. The record overall isn’t as crazy as her previous two releases, and it’s nothing new to the genre, but it’s still typical Gwen and I think she did a fantastic job on this. Very unlucky to miss the Top10 by just a few points. Highlight: Getting Warmer
Tansike
Legend

Postby MrRager » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Nice to see Gwens album high on your chart! It's good and better than what most people think imo. However I did expect a bit better!

Also good entries from Broods, OneRepublic and Rachel Platten.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Grybop » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Oh, my, you really love Kerli, don't you?

Great to see Lost On You so very high, in fact it's amazing how the little song that at the start of the year sounded destined to become a regional hit in Greece like so many others, finally managed to conquer so many charts!
Also loving Lighthouse, probably my 3rd favourite song from 2016 ESC!
Good choices overall, I enjoyed reading your chart :D
Grybop
Anti-PR Executive

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:29 am

The Charlie Puth album was better than I expected, but the Gaga and Adele ones are quality! Delta's one is also fantastic, her career-best effort for me!
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:18 am

MrRager wrote:Nice to see Gwens album high on your chart! It's good and better than what most people think imo. However I did expect a bit better!

Also good entries from Broods, OneRepublic and Rachel Platten.
Do you prefer her previous two solo albums then? Because while i loved them, i think the new one is even her best one to date :o

Glad you like these :D

Grybop wrote:Oh, my, you really love Kerli, don't you?

Great to see Lost On You so very high, in fact it's amazing how the little song that at the start of the year sounded destined to become a regional hit in Greece like so many others, finally managed to conquer so many charts!
Also loving Lighthouse, probably my 3rd favourite song from 2016 ESC!
Good choices overall, I enjoyed reading your chart :D
Haha... yes, i do. She's my most favorite artist of all times :)

I know, it's so nice that the song blew up the way it did. I'm glad Greece 'discovered' and brought it to the rest of the world somehow.
Glad you like these. And thanks a lot :D

JSparksFan wrote:The Charlie Puth album was better than I expected, but the Gaga and Adele ones are quality! Delta's one is also fantastic, her career-best effort for me!
Agree! :) And not surprised you love these two so much. Also nice to know you think that way for Delta's album :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:56 am

Tansike wrote:Once again, thanks for that discovery. Her whole album is really strong, i hope it gets released soon in the UK so you will have the chance to check it out as well :)
Ok, i need to repay that compliment. Thanks so much for entering LP No witness into the FSC. As the album isn't on iTunes i'd never heard this but just after one listen i was smiling and thinking to myself "OMG YES!". I've added it to my playlist. I hope the song enters your chart soon as it's more than likely going to smash in my chart. :D :D :D

Tansike wrote:Haha somehow really true, she's been at #1 on my YTD list for a very long time. She was also lucky to release the song very early in the year, that way it's easier to score even more points through the year.
The gap between #1 and #2 was also quite huge... here are the points of the Top10:

#1 900 points
#2 660 points

It's probably also notable that while the gap was quite big, the points for Kerli are still nothing outstanding. #1 in 2015 had even 1,246 points, while the whole Top3 in 2014 scored over 1,000 points. That's probably because i've checked out a lot more songs than in previous years, so the turnout on my Top40 was bigger.
Ohh wow, 900 points is still incredible. :D

Tansike wrote:Thanks, and maybe you will be interested in the album countdown as well, which will start soon as well :)
Thankfully i'm now back to having a bit more spare time so i can do commenting again. :P So i'm gonna catch up with others charts as well.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Tansike » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:29 pm

^ Woah, very glad to hear you love "No Witness" instantly!! That's fantastic! Maybe you'll get the time to check out songs like "Tightrope" or "Up Against Me" as well, as they're also on the album and on youtube. It was really tough for me to pick my entry this month, as these three songs were in the 'final' for me (it was already clear that i'm going with a song from LP's album).

As for my charts, it won't debut there as long as it's not an official single...

And nice to hear you're back at having more spare time again now :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:30 pm

ALBUM COUNTDOWN | Year-End Charts 2016

10. Anette Olzon – Shine
Chartrun in 2014: *1*-1-2-1-3-5-7-6-3-4-4-3-4-4-3-1-2-1-3-1-1-2-3-3-1-2-5-7-5-8-11-9-12-11-15-12-9-9-12- / 39w
Chartrun in 2015: 15-16-14-13-10-6-8-9-5-4-4-5-3-3-3-*2*-3-4-6-7-10-10-10-14-15-13-11-12-16-19-17-13-11-14-19-Out / 35w
Chartrun in 2016: 8-4-5-3-5-*2*-5-4-6-8-13-18-Out-RE 19-Out-RE 17-12-18-Out-RE 20-17-Out / 18w
Certification: 6x PLATINUM
Ranking in the YEC 2014: #1
Ranking in the YEC 2015: #3

I never really made my mind up with which albums would be my most favorite releases of all time, but if I would have to chose one from on top of my head, it would most likely be Anette Olzon’s “Shine”. This year it becomes the first album ever to spend three years in the Top10 of my Year-End Charts since I’ve started to compile an album charts in 2010, and it also became the highest certified album ever last year with its 6x Platinum certification. It’s also my most played album ever with currently 5,237 scrobbles according to LastFM.

Here’s what I wrote on last years countdown which still fits perfectly to this, so I’m being lazy and just quoting it:
‘„Shine“ is far away from the music she did with Nightwish. I loved „Dark Passion Play“ and „Imaginaerum“, the albums she did with the symphonic metal band, but „Shine“ fits so much better to her voice and personality. The album flows flawlessly as a whole and is a masterpiece from start to finish. Just like a few other albums inside this years Top Ten, „Shine“ is more like a body of work, as there’s no clear hit on it, but all tracks put together make a very shining gem. She’s covering several genres such as pop, rock, folk and she’s doing uptempo tracks, but also several ballads on it, so there’s some diversity and i’m sure everyone finds at least one good song. The album also has one of the best covers i’ve ever seen so far, or better said one of the most beautiful. I love that winter theme, and the booklet is well done as well.’

My favorite songs:
9. Christina Grimmie – Side A EP
Chartrun: *1*-1-1-3-4-5-8-3-5-8-13-14-18-16-18-17-Out / 16w

Christina Grimmie was a very popular youtube sensation and due to the popularity she also took part on The Voice 2014, where she ended up third, being coached by Adam Levine. In early 2016 she released this EP, which became her last release ever following the probably most shocking moment of 2016: The young talent got shot by a fan during one of her Meet & Greets.

This EP may only have four tracks, but these four songs are all so good. Her voice is fantastic, the music she wrote have great lyrics and “Snow White” is easily one of the best songs of 2016. It’s sad that this EP didn’t get more attention. She also shot a video for all four tracks, but they weren’t released before her tragic death, however her family decide to release them afterwards.

My favorite songs:
8. Eurovision Song Contest 2016
Chartrun: 2-*1*-1-1-2-4-5-7-8-11-13-14-14-16-17-19-Out / 16w

As every year, the Eurovision Song Contest was a huge event for me, and in 2016 it even had a bigger effect than in previous years, with the compilation being another big success. While it’s already the seventh compilation to get a top spot on my weekly chart, it’s just the second with a Platinum certification following the 2012 edition and has even one point more than that one, making the 2016 edition the most successful ESC compilation ever.

My favorite songs:
7. Grimes – Art Angels
Chartrun in 2015: 5-*4*- / 2w
Chartrun in 2016: 4-2-4-4-*1*-3-5-6-9-12-15-16-11-15-10-7-9-12-16-Out-RE 20-Out / 20w
Ranking in the YEC 2015: #91

Grimes already charted for two weeks prior 2016 with her latest release “Art Angels”, but it wasn’t until early 2016 when she really impressed me with this album. I had no idea who she was but since many people around here were speaking about her and praising her so much, I’ve started to check this album out and got impressed; it’s really, really good! “Kill V. Maim” became my favorite track really fast, but the whole album is on a really strong level and I’m very thankful for this discovery.

My favorite songs:
6. Ellie Goulding – Delirium
Chartrun in 2015: *1*-1-2-6-12-15-Out
Chartrun in 2016: 19-12-3-2-2-6-7-7-10-*1*-1-1-3-7-12-19-Out-RE 15-14-16-Out / 19w
Ranking in the YEC 2015: #43

Another album that already made my album countdown last year, but with many more weeks as it’s been released in autumn 2015: “Delirium” by Ellie Goulding. The third studio album by the british singer was a sure top album for her back when it came out, simply because it’s Ellie, however it didn’t impress me at all as a whole and so I got quickly over it. I even called this a huge disappointment, until I’ve seen her live in late February last year and got so much back into the album, that I’d go even that far and call it her best release to date.

“Delirium” offers pop songs at its best, which get even better due to Ellie’s stellar and unique voice. Okay, some songs may be generic, but overall this is still very, very, very good. I won’t repeat my anger about how they handled this era now… “Holding On For Life”, “Lost And Found” and “Devotion” is a holy trinity and are three of her four best songs ever in my opinion (the fourth being “My Blood” from “Halcyon”).

My favorite songs:
5. Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman
Chartrun: *1*-2-2-2-2-2-4-5-8-10-13-17-Out-RE 14-7-11-6-10-16-Out / 18w

I already loved Ariana even before she released music, as I have to confess that I was watching Victorious and absolutely loved her role as Cat there. I also followed her a bit on youtube, when she released covers, and so i’m a fan since she got a bit more famous. A release from her is currently one of the biggest events that can happen in the music scene for me, so I was really excited for this project, and immediately checked it out once I was able to do so. And like with “My Everything”, it was love on first listen. Well, I still think “Dangerous Woman” is not as strong as its predecessor, simply because there’s a huge banger like “Break Free” missing for me, but it’s definitely another top notch release from her and its Top5 spot on my Year-End Charts is definitey deserved, and even higher than the rankings for “My Everything” in 2014 (#10) and 2015 (#9).

My favorite songs:
4. Selena Gomez – Revival
Chartrun in 2015: *1*-1-3-6-7-8-11-9-18-11-14- / 11w
Chartrun in 2016: 8-4-5-5-6-8-11-14-20-Out-RE 19-13-11-9-11-10-7-*3*-3-6-10-17-Out-RE 19-16-15-20-Out-RE 17-Out / 26w
Certification: 2x PLATINUM
Ranking in the YEC 2015: #24

Just in the last week of 2016, Selena was unlucky to fall out of the Top3 and so she’s the last album before the Top3 gets revealed. “Revival” is her second album since she went solo and her fifth overall, and was another huge success for the singer on my charts. She’s really one of the most successful artists on my charts, as “Revival” already became her fourth album with a 2x Platinum certification, only her solo debut “Stars Dance” had a smaller certification, but still went Platinum. “Revival” is not an album that impresses with smash hits, however it’s still fantastic as whole, which is much more important and also one of the reasons for its impressive longevity. For most of the year, Selena spent the Year-To-Date charts at #1 with “Revival”, and if she wouldn’t have cancelled her first concert ever over here in Switzerland, she most likely would have ended up at #1 on my Year-End Charts as well, but the disappointment as a huge fan since nearly ten years was just too big for a moment. While I was a bit over it lately, I’m currently re-discovering the album again, and I’d call this her most solid release to date.

My favorite songs:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Broods - Nice album! There are some filler and the album is a lot bit more generic/less interesting than previous work but still good. I love the Tove Lo song.

Charlie - Funnily I listend to this album when it first came out but never finished so I didn't hear the last few songs :lol: I told myself I'd finish it the next day but just never did :oops: From what I heard I think all the songs that deserved to be singles got released. Obviously I loved We Don't Talk Anymore but I really liked Dangerously so I'm glad that it's your highlight. I was very happy they released it as a single even though didn't do much.

You know how I feel about the albums by OneRepublic, Gaga, Rachel and Gwen...well you will with the latter if you've seen my most recent update! :wink:
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Grimes - ArtAngels is a phenomenal album, I think it was my #3 album of 2015 if I remember correctly but I still listen to it often and it sounds just as incredible. It's a little more poppy and instant as her previous stuff but I kind of prefer that. I don't like music that takes a lot of effort to get into it, music really shouldn't be a chore. I hope her new music is still in the same vein although I wouldn't mind another Oblivion which is a superb track.

Ellie - Wow really high for Ellie. I checked this out when it came out and couldn't get into it but I remember listening to it again in 2016 and thinking it wasn't as bad as I remembered. There were still some really bad tracks but I remember liking more than I had before. Its nowhere near as good as her previous album but I imagine its better than her debut (I haven't listened to it but I didn't like any of the singles so I can't imagine getting much from it). It also contains Army so it has to receive a tiny bit of love.

Ariana - This album is still come on my countdown so I'll save my commentary for then but I love this album and I think it *might* be my favourite. It's definitely better than My Everything though even though thats a great album.

Selena - One of my Queens! Brilliant album and definitely the step in the right direction for her (as much as I ADORE Stars Dance). I can't wait for music, it's so exciting considering its likely to be her biggest era yet! Great time to be a fan :D
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby king_oxymoron » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Delirium was my No.1 album of 2015, and Dangerous Woman my No.2 of 2016... I approve this message!!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby innocenteyes » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:33 am

Nice to see Delta, Gaga and Adele in your list. Joanne is a step in the right direction for Gaga
innocenteyes
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:37 am

I like Delirium and Revival
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:59 am

Biebz wrote:Broods - Nice album! There are some filler and the album is a lot bit more generic/less interesting than previous work but still good. I love the Tove Lo song.

Charlie - Funnily I listend to this album when it first came out but never finished so I didn't hear the last few songs :lol: I told myself I'd finish it the next day but just never did :oops: From what I heard I think all the songs that deserved to be singles got released. Obviously I loved We Don't Talk Anymore but I really liked Dangerously so I'm glad that it's your highlight. I was very happy they released it as a single even though didn't do much.

You know how I feel about the albums by OneRepublic, Gaga, Rachel and Gwen...well you will with the latter if you've seen my most recent update! :wink:
Not surprised you like it! :) While i agree that it's more generic than their debut, i still prefer "Conscious", maybe because it is more generic... :oops:

You're right, all single-worthy songs got released. I was really happy when they picked "Dangerously" as the fourth single, as this was my clear highlight when the album came out, i liked it even more than "We Don't Talk Anymore". So glad to hear you like it that much as well :D

Yes i do... and i already checked your latest update yesterday, i still need to take the time to catch up with my comments on every other countdowns though... :oops:

Biebz wrote:Grimes - ArtAngels is a phenomenal album, I think it was my #3 album of 2015 if I remember correctly but I still listen to it often and it sounds just as incredible. It's a little more poppy and instant as her previous stuff but I kind of prefer that. I don't like music that takes a lot of effort to get into it, music really shouldn't be a chore. I hope her new music is still in the same vein although I wouldn't mind another Oblivion which is a superb track.

Ellie - Wow really high for Ellie. I checked this out when it came out and couldn't get into it but I remember listening to it again in 2016 and thinking it wasn't as bad as I remembered. There were still some really bad tracks but I remember liking more than I had before. Its nowhere near as good as her previous album but I imagine its better than her debut (I haven't listened to it but I didn't like any of the singles so I can't imagine getting much from it). It also contains Army so it has to receive a tiny bit of love.

Ariana - This album is still come on my countdown so I'll save my commentary for then but I love this album and I think it *might* be my favourite. It's definitely better than My Everything though even though thats a great album.

Selena - One of my Queens! Brilliant album and definitely the step in the right direction for her (as much as I ADORE Stars Dance). I can't wait for music, it's so exciting considering its likely to be her biggest era yet! Great time to be a fan :D
Apart from "Kill V. Maim" i haven't listen to Grimes for a long time now, i need to give it another spin soon as it's definitely one of the albums that made the biggest impact on me during 2016. So you're familiar with her previous work? Is there something worth to check out? I've heard a song which was quite popular on youtube, but i didn't like it that much, so i'm afraid i may not like her previous stuff... i just hope her next project won't disappoint me. So we're probably a bit similar when it comes to this...

I love Ellie. She's so hated on here, no idea why. That's nice, glad some tracks grew on you when you checked it out again. I adored "Halcyon" when it came out but over the years there were just a very few tracks that i return to, so nowadays i think "Delirium" is better as a whole.

Can't wait to see how high it will be! :D

Yes! Selena's only getting bigger and bigger and this is awesome. I can't believe that her debut album will be 8 years old later this year by the way, she definitely held on much longer than most haters ever expected, and that's great 8-) Loved "Stars Dance" back when it came out but somehow it got old quite fast, while "Revival" still didn't age! And yes for the 'great time to be a fan'... apart from the concert cancellation i can agree with that :oops: I'm still a bit sad that she did it, even if it's due to good reasons of course. But i had tickets and it would have been her first visit ever in Switzerland :cry:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:00 am

king_oxymoron wrote:Delirium was my No.1 album of 2015, and Dangerous Woman my No.2 of 2016... I approve this message!!
Fantastic pick for 2015 8-) Also for Ari's release... :D

innocenteyes wrote:Nice to see Delta, Gaga and Adele in your list. Joanne is a step in the right direction for Gaga
Glad you like these :)

Erotica wrote:I like Delirium and Revival
Two awesome records! :D

The final Top 3 is most likely coming out later today! :)

Any guesses?

A little hint: Two 2016 releases, and one 2015 release.
Tansike
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:15 am

"Conscious" is a nice album. I'm happy that I discovered Broods. :D

Delta Goodrem was also one of the artists that I discovered in 2016. "Wings of the Wild" is a really great album. I still haven't checked out her previous albums, but I will do that soon. :)

"Joanne" was an okayish album. I've never been too interested in Lady Gaga's music, so I didn't have high expectations. "Joanne" includes several decent songs and a few bad songs, but there are two songs on this album that I love: "John Wayne" and "Just Another Day".

I haven't listened to "This Is What The Truth Feels Like" yet, but I've heard a few songs of that album, for example "Getting Warmer", which is an amazing song.

I didn't expect to see the ESC 2016 album so high on your charts. 2016 was definitely a decent ESC year - there have been many nice songs at the ESC 2016. :)

"Dangerous Woman" is a nice album - it offers many good songs. Do you think that I should check out "My Everything" as well?
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Tansike » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:42 pm

^ same for me when it comes to Broods :) And Delta, too :D

It's nice to hear that you think "Joanne" is an okayish album even if you never were that much into her. It's definitely a nice album and i'm happy that it's more successful than expected. "John Wayne" also belongs to my faves :)

You really need to check it out, it's awesome! "Getting Warmer" is the clear highlight for me though :)

Well the ESC was awesome last year, probably my favorite year ever :o :oops:

Glad to hear this.
Did you like the singles of "My Everything"? The album has some nice bops, the singles are the highlights IMO though. If you like "Dangerous Woman" as a whole, you should like "My Everything" as well, so no matter if you liked the singles or not, i would recommend it. The singles are the most pop songs there, the rest is more R&B-ish.
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:51 pm

Imagine how 9/10 songs are going to be written by swedes in ten years on the same sort of compilation album of the ESC 2026
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Revival is a decent album, but I never cared that much for it. I remember a lot of members raving about it in 2015.

Dangerous Woman, on the other hand, is fantastic, and just may be Ariana's best effort to date!
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:56 pm

heppolo wrote:
Imagine how 9/10 songs are going to be written by swedes in ten years on the same sort of compilation album of the ESC 2026
I think i'd be here for this :oops:

JSparksFan wrote:Revival is a decent album, but I never cared that much for it. I remember a lot of members raving about it in 2015.

Dangerous Woman, on the other hand, is fantastic, and just may be Ariana's best effort to date!
Oh that's surprising somehow, but at least you really liked the highlight of it - "Kill Em With Kindness" 8-)

Glad to hear this! I still prefer "My Everything" but i think "Dangerous Woman" will age better...
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:57 pm

*top3 on the next page*
Tansike
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts