Tansike's Year-End Charts 2016 [Mammy Awards]

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Tansike » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:58 pm

ALBUM COUNTDOWN | Year-End Charts 2016

3. Lindsey Stirling – Brave Enough
Chartrun: *1*-1-1-3-3-2-6-7-6-9-11-10-8-11-14-9-7-8- / 18w
Certification: PLATINUM

Violinist Lindsey Stirling became one of my most favorite artists very quickly, as she only started her career four years ago, when she released her self-titled debut album “Lindsey Stirling”, which ended up at #1 on my Year-End Charts 2013, followed by the second studio album “Shatter Me”, which ended up at #3 on my Year-End Charts 2014. Her third set “Brave Enough”, which was released in mid 2016, makes it to #3 on this years Year-End Charts as well, making her the first artist ever to get three different studio albums with a Top3 result.

“Brave Enough” wasn’t a typical release for her at first, as there are eight songs with guest singers on, while “Shatter Me” only had two, her debut even none, so she was more known for her instrumental songs. She was also known for her mash ups of her violin play and a dubstep beat, but with “Brave Enough” she explored some other genres as well such as country or folk. Of course, most tracks can still be labeled as dance music, and she still has some tracks with dubstep on it, but I feel like she’s slowly starting to lose something that made her so special four years ago. And as much as I love this record, I still think it’s her weakest to date. But that’s not because this is a weak album, but because the other two are even stronger.

My favorite songs:
2. Carrie Underwood – Storyteller
Chartrun in 2015: 2-*1*-2-7-9-20-17-14-16- / 9w
Chartrun in 2016: 18-16-20-Out-RE 16-13-11-5-2-3-2-*1*-2-3-6-12-15-14-Out-RE 13-11-8-12-7-8-14-14-18-17-16-11-12-18-15-Out / 32w
Certification: 2x PLATINUM
Ranking in the YEC 2015: #35

Who would have expected that? US country-superstar Carrie Underwood actually ends up at number two on my Year-End Charts with her fifth studio album “Storyteller”, which was already released in 2015 and also made the Top40 on last years list. It’s her first album ever with such an impact on my charts, however “Blown Away” already did a very good result back in 2012 (#11).

It’s really hard for me to describe why this album made such an impact on me, but somehow I always ended up listening to this when I didn’t know what to listen to. I also listened to this while I studied for my exams in early 2016, so this basically accompanied me through the whole exam process. Personally I think Carrie has one of the strongest voices of the market right now, and also has some fantastic lyrics. I mean, the lyrics from “Church Bells” alone are better than the lyrics of some whole albums. I’m even going that far and say that this became one of my most favorite albums ever, because I still listen to it every now and then, and it still sounds so fresh, especially the highlights from me (see below). It obviously also helped that she kept on releasing singles from this, however I really have to say that “Smoke Break”, “Heartbeat” and “Dirty Laundry” are all none of my favorite songs, which is also why the album performance was much stronger than the single performances.

My favorite songs:
1. Tarja – The Shadow Self
Chartrun: *1*-1-1-2-3-3-4-1-1-4-3-2-4-7-8-4-7-7-11-9-13- / 21w
Certification: PLATINUM

With 345 points, the number one album of this year has the lowest score by far since I extended the weekly album charts from a Top10 to a Top20 in 2013. Even the number one album from 2012 – Lana Del Rey’s “Born To Die” – had a higher score with just a weekly Top10 going on back then. This is most likely due to the fact that I’ve been checking out way more albums than I did in previous years, which is also the reason why albums fell faster on my charts and therefore didn’t score that much points. It’s also due to the fact that there wasn’t a blockbuster album release during the first half of the year, while most of the previous year-end number ones got released earlier in the year, meaning that they were able to score more points through the year. The lead to Carrie wasn’t that big with 26 points, her lead to Lindsey was a big one though with 84 points.

“The Shadow Self” was released as Tarja’s fourth rock album in august 2016, followed by “The Brightest Void”, which served as a prequel album two months prior “The Shadow Self”’s release. It’s the first album on top of my Year-End Charts for the former Nightwish frontwoman, but not her first Top10 position, as the previous rock album “Colours In The Dark” made it to #8 on the Year-End Charts 2013. With five weeks on top of my weekly album charts, “The Shadow Self” is the longest running number one album of 2016, and also the third longest charting album of the year with 21 weeks on the charts, only behind Selena Gomez’ “Revival” with 26 weeks and Carrie Underwood’s “Storyteller” with 32 weeks.

I think it’s a typical Tansike album, and I’m sure not many people will like this style, as Tarja’s music can be described as symphonic metal. She’s got an operatic voice, and combines it with hard rock music, sometimes it’s also quite pop (“No Bitter End”), sometimes it’s very theatric (“Innocence”, “Diva”), sometimes it’s also harder than usual (“Demons In You”). With her stellar voice, it’s obvious that she’s very good at ballads, unfortunately there’s just one real ballad on “The Shadow Self”, and that’s “The Living End”, which is one of the obvious standouts. She also did a fantastic cover of Muse’s “Supremacy”. Overall a deserved #1 as this had a huge impact on me during the second half of 2016 when it came out, and it’s also her strongest release since her solo debut “My Winter Storm” from 2007.

My favorite songs:
Tansike
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:10 pm

Unsurprising to see Brave Enough so high. It's a fantastic album, and I ranked it similarly. I haven't heard Lindsey Stirling's first two records, so I'm not in a position to make any comparisons, but it is pretty insane to believe that she could have two stronger albums just waiting to be discovered...so I should probably get on that ASAP.

I was NOT expecting to see Storyteller at #2! :o I'm so, so elated with this! Country music is paid dust on UKMix - more and more members are embracing the genre, though - so to see you appreciate this album so much is amazing! It seems that your relationship with Carrie and this album mirrors my relationship with Lindsey and "Crystallize" in that we both used those parties as study companions. I like that you highlighted "Clock Don't Stop" as one of your favourites; it's so often overlooked. Of course, nothing beats "Church Bells", and "Chaser" is one of her best songs ever. It's interesting that I was so instantly drawn to Brave Enough and you consider that Lindsey's weakest release, and you're enamoured with Storyteller, which I consider to be Carrie's weakest release. Curious parallels! :lol:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:17 pm

Happy to see Lindsey so high 8-) 8-) 8-)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby Blondini » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:39 am

I would also describe it as Carrie's weakest album but good for you for being unique. :D

You know the ones i like a lot - like Broods. ATC are a "bit low" but hey, it might chart next year, eh? :wink: :lol:
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby MrRager » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:34 am

Nice for Grimes, Ariana and Selena! The Ellie album has some good songs but it's too long and is overall hit or miss with me.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:18 am

Tansike wrote:Did you like the singles of "My Everything"? The album has some nice bops, the singles are the highlights IMO though. If you like "Dangerous Woman" as a whole, you should like "My Everything" as well, so no matter if you liked the singles or not, i would recommend it. The singles are the most pop songs there, the rest is more R&B-ish.
Concerning the singles, "Problem" wasn't really my thing, but I thought that "Break Free" and "Love Me Harder" were okayish songs. Those three songs are the only ones that I know from "My Everything". :)

I can't comment on your top 3 - I have no idea who Tarja is. Of course I know Carrie Underwood and Lindsey Stirling, but I'm not familiar with their music.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby KokoCollino » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:26 pm

“Don’t Be So Shy” was one of the biggest hits of 2016 in many countries, and despite me liking it a lot, it never fully got me.
I totally agree :o

Aww, would have loved to see Jamala a bit higher!

This is definitely the best thing Clean Bandit ever created so far. Catchiness at its best.
Wow, so you like it more than "Rather Be"? It's a banger!

58. David Guetta feat. Zara Larsson – This One’s For You
Love to see this so high here :o

54. Sia feat. Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest
I'm absolutely in love with this.
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:46 pm

JSparksFan wrote:Unsurprising to see Brave Enough so high. It's a fantastic album, and I ranked it similarly. I haven't heard Lindsey Stirling's first two records, so I'm not in a position to make any comparisons, but it is pretty insane to believe that she could have two stronger albums just waiting to be discovered...so I should probably get on that ASAP.

I was NOT expecting to see Storyteller at #2! :o I'm so, so elated with this! Country music is paid dust on UKMix - more and more members are embracing the genre, though - so to see you appreciate this album so much is amazing! It seems that your relationship with Carrie and this album mirrors my relationship with Lindsey and "Crystallize" in that we both used those parties as study companions. I like that you highlighted "Clock Don't Stop" as one of your favourites; it's so often overlooked. Of course, nothing beats "Church Bells", and "Chaser" is one of her best songs ever. It's interesting that I was so instantly drawn to Brave Enough and you consider that Lindsey's weakest release, and you're enamoured with Storyteller, which I consider to be Carrie's weakest release. Curious parallels! :lol:
I'm still so surprised but also so happy how high this album ranked on your Year-End Charts. I'm currently getting back into it, and i'm going to see her live in mid march, so she'll have a stellar 2017 for me as well. Well, it probably depends... isn't it often the thing someone heard first also the best thing? You got to know her with lots of vocals now, so i'm not sure if you will like the other two albums with no vocals at all (her debut) or just two songs with vocals (second album). I really hope you get some time one day to check one or even both out, i'm so interested to hear your thoughts. I think you will like "Shatter Me" more than "Lindsey Stirling", so maybe you should go with that one first :)

It’s funny how fast I got into her somehow. Only a few years ago I didn’t even know what music she does, and now I’d count her to my most favorite artists ever. Her vocals are incredible, and the music she does is so strong as well, and I’m glad that I positively surprised you with that placement for “Storyteller”. Yes, we have a similar relationship there, so I find it ‘funny’ as well when it comes to the parallels :wink: Very happy to hear this about “Clock Don’t Stop”, I always felt like I’m the only one who liked it that much.

Phoenixx wrote:Happy to see Lindsey so high 8-) 8-) 8-)
Glad you like her :D

Blondini wrote:I would also describe it as Carrie's weakest album but good for you for being unique. :D

You know the ones i like a lot - like Broods. ATC are a "bit low" but hey, it might chart next year, eh? :wink: :lol:
Well yeah i already read several reviews saying it's her weakest so far but i guess it also has to do with the thing that i've got into her only very late (with "Blown Away") so i wasn't familiar with her previous albums until a few months ago when i checked out all previous ones.

Probably not. Maybe with their next album?

MrRager wrote:Nice for Grimes, Ariana and Selena! The Ellie album has some good songs but it's too long and is overall hit or miss with me.
Glad you like these! :D I get what you mean with Ellie's album. Just imagine if there would have been another re-release :o :lol:

SilentDream wrote:Concerning the singles, "Problem" wasn't really my thing, but I thought that "Break Free" and "Love Me Harder" were okayish songs. Those three songs are the only ones that I know from "My Everything". :)

I can't comment on your top 3 - I have no idea who Tarja is. Of course I know Carrie Underwood and Lindsey Stirling, but I'm not familiar with their music.
Ah okay. But you like the R&B songs from "Dangerous Woman", do you? I think you would like some stuff from "My Everything" :)

Do you know Nightwish? They were really popular around 2004 (maybe you know their song "Nemo") and around 2007 (with "Amaranth"). Tarja was their first lead singer from 1996 - 2007. Anyway, it's not a bad thing, my taste can be very special, and the Top3 kinda reflects that.

KokoCollino wrote:
“Don’t Be So Shy” was one of the biggest hits of 2016 in many countries, and despite me liking it a lot, it never fully got me.
I totally agree :o

Aww, would have loved to see Jamala a bit higher!

This is definitely the best thing Clean Bandit ever created so far. Catchiness at its best.
Wow, so you like it more than "Rather Be"? It's a banger!

58. David Guetta feat. Zara Larsson – This One’s For You
Love to see this so high here :o

54. Sia feat. Kendrick Lamar – The Greatest
I'm absolutely in love with this.
Glad we agree on some of the things i wrote <3

As for Clean Bandit's "Rather Be"... yes, i like "Rockabye" a lot more. I never liked "Rather Be" that much and it only peaked at #20 on my weekly chart... :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Tansike wrote:
SilentDream wrote:Concerning the singles, "Problem" wasn't really my thing, but I thought that "Break Free" and "Love Me Harder" were okayish songs. Those three songs are the only ones that I know from "My Everything". :)

Ah okay. But you like the R&B songs from "Dangerous Woman", do you? I think you would like some stuff from "My Everything" :)

Do you know Nightwish? They were really popular around 2004 (maybe you know their song "Nemo") and around 2007 (with "Amaranth"). Tarja was their first lead singer from 1996 - 2007. Anyway, it's not a bad thing, my taste can be very special, and the Top3 kinda reflects that.
Wasn't the band Nightwish nominated in an Album Cup? I think that's where I know them from. :) I don't remember if I liked their songs though. :oops:
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:50 pm

^ yes, i nominated them a while ago. Don't think you like them though. Or do you like metal music? :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Tansike wrote:^ yes, i nominated them a while ago. Don't think you like them though. Or do you like metal music? :oops:
No, metal music is not really my thing, but it's interesting too see such an artist on the top of your charts. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby KokoCollino » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:40 pm

I totally get what you wrote about "Perfect Illusion" but I still expected it to be bit higher here! However, I have to say I was not able to enjoy "Joanne" at all.

I really like "Wherever I Go" and probably it wasn't a hit just because it wasn't tropical house-ish :lol:

Good to see being "Work From Home" 5H's biggest hit on your charts but again I thought it might end up a liiiiittle higher :lol: Still amazing though 8-)

"Sound of Silence" is a perfect ballad.

"Hymn ..." is like the best thing Coldplay ever did for me.

Stimme <3 A little bit cheesy but it was sooo good back then. Wow, already so long ago :o
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Tansike » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:04 am

^ surprised to hear you expected PI to be higher, as i thought it's even too high for me :oops:

True about WIG :lol:

Well the competition was just too strong for them...

Glad you like Dami's and Coldplays' tunes.

I know right. I'm shocked it wasn't that big in Switzerland tbh...

SilentDream wrote:
Tansike wrote:^ yes, i nominated them a while ago. Don't think you like them though. Or do you like metal music? :oops:
No, metal music is not really my thing, but it's interesting too see such an artist on the top of your charts. :)
Ha well i'm probably really strange in liking metal music but also pop acts like GaGa, Selena etc. :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby LionH3art » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:48 am

Great overall chart! :)
LionH3art
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:58 am

^ thanks a lot! :D

...third and last part of this topic coming up soon!
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:45 am

Time to reveal the first nominees of the...

MAMMY AWARDS 2017

The 'Mammy Awards' are a yearly award 'show' i've started many years ago. A few years ago i started to post them on UKMix as well, and while a separate topic did surprisingly well for 2015, it flopped hard last year, which is why i don't start a new topic for them this year and include the 2017 edition onto this topic here. The word 'Mammy' comes from Grammy, and my first name starts with an 'M', that's how the term 'Mammy' originated.

There are 18 different categories with five nominees in each category, except the Best Music Video and Best Airplay Artist categories with a few more nominees. This is all fun and the winners are chosen by me, but you all can obviously guess the winners, leave your thoughts about it or comment which nominee would be your favorite.

Here are the first ten categories:

ImageImageImageImageImage

Cheap Thrills by Sia
Just Like Fire by P!nk
Kill Em With Kindness by Selena Gomez
Million Reasons by Lady GaGa
Stone Cold by Demi Lovato

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Solo Performance' is for songs with the genre pop and by one artist. Every pop song which was released as a single during 2016 or late 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are “Same Old Love” by Selena Gomez, "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran, "Heart Attack" by Demi Lovato, "Blown Away" by Carrie Underwood, "Grenade" by Bruno Mars, "Firework" by Katy Perry, "Sparks" by Amy MacDonald and Adam Lambert, who won twice so far with "Whataya Want From Me" and "Never Close Our Eyes". That category exists since 2011 and there used to be two awards from 2011 to 2013 - one for male and one for female.

Heathens by Twenty One Pilots
Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay
In My Blood by The Veronicas
Stimme by EFF
Wherever I Go by OneRepublic

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group' is for songs with the genre pop and by a Duo or by a Group. Every pop song which was released as a single during 2016 or late 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are “Warriors” by Imagine Dragons, "You Can Never Be Ready" by Sunrise Avenue, "If I Lose Myself" by OneRepublic, "Lost In Paradise" by Evanescence and Selena Gomez & The Scene, who won twice so far with "Hit The Lights" and "A Year Without Rain". That category exists since 2011.

Don’t Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers feat. Daya
Enough by Delta Goodrem feat. Gizzle
Side To Side by Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj
Something Wild by Lindsey Stirling feat. Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness
We Don’t Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth feat. Selena Gomez

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Collaboration' is for songs with the genre pop and must be a collaboration between at least two artists, no matter if these artists are solo artists, a Duo or a Group. Every pop song which was released as a single during 2016 or late 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are “Sounds Like Heaven” by Marina Kaye ft. Lindsey Stirling, "Love Me Harder" by Ariana Grande & The Weeknd, "Friends" by Aura Dione ft. Rock Mafia, "We Found Love" by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris and Lady GaGa, who won twice so far with "Do What U Want" ft. R. Kelly and "Telephone" ft. Beyoncé. That category exists since 2011.

Beautiful Lies by Birdy
Oh My My by OneRepublic
This Is What The Truth Feels Like by Gwen Stefani
Wildfire by Rachel Platten
Wings Of The Wild by Delta Goodrem

The Mammy for 'Best Pop Vocal Album' is for albums with the genre pop. Every pop album which was released during 2016 or late 2015 is eligible, instrumental albums are not allowed. Previous winners are “Breathe In. Breathe Out.” by Hilary Duff, "1989" by Taylor Swift, "Britney Jean" by Britney Spears, "Halcyon" by Ellie Goulding, "The Sea" by Melanie C and "La voix du nord" by Malena Ernman. That category exists since 2011.

Diamond Hard by Kerli
Don’t Be So Shy by Imany
Faded by Alan Walker
Heaven by Inna
I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner

The Mammy for 'Best Dance Recording' is for songs with the genre dance/electronic. Every song which was released as a single during 2016 or late 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are “Take Flight” by Lindsey Stirling, "Only Girl (In The World)" by Rihanna, Kerli, who won twice so far with "Zero Gravity" and "Army Of Love", and Lady GaGa, who won twice so far as well with "G.U.Y." and "Venus". That category exists since 2011.

Cloud Nine by Kygo
Conscious by Broods
Creation by Seven Lions
Skin by Flume
Two Vines by Empire Of The Sun

The Mammy for 'Best Electronic/Dance Album' is for albums with the genre dance/electronic. Every album which was released during 2016 or late 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are “Inna” by Inna, "Worlds Apart" by Seven Lions, "True" by Avicii, "MDNA" by Madonna, "Nothing But The Beat" by David Guetta and "The Fame" by Lady GaGa. That category exists since 2011.

Blossom by Kerli
Church Bells by Carrie Underwood
Familiar by Agnes Obel
Federkleid by Faun
Innocence by Tarja

The Mammy for 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Song' is for songs with the genre rock/country/alternative. Every song which was released as a single during 2016 or late 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are “My Silver Lining” by First Aid Kit, "Ride" by Lana Del Rey, "Storytime" by Nightwish, "Until My Last Breath" by Tarja and Within Temptation, who won twice so far with "Edge Of The World" and "Paradise (What About Us?)" ft. Tarja. That category exists since 2011.

Hero by Maren Morris
Metal Resistance by Babymetal
Midgard by Faun
Natural Causes by Skylar Grey
The Weight Of These Wings by Miranda Lambert

The Mammy for 'Best Rock/Country/Alternative Album' is for albums with the genre rock/country/alternative. Every album which was released during 2016 or late 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are “Vulnicura” by Björk, "Let Us Burn" by Within Temptation, "Colours In The Dark" by Tarja and "Bear Creek" by Brandi Carlile. That category exists since 2013.

24K Magic by Bruno Mars
Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande
False Alarm by The Weeknd
In Common by Alicia Keys
Work From Home by Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dollar $ign

The Mammy for 'Best R&B/Urban Song' is for songs with the genre R&B/urban. Every song which was released as a single during 2016 or late 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are “The Hills” by The Weeknd, "Best Mistake" ft. Big Sean and "The Way" ft. Mac Miller, both by Ariana Grande. That category exists since 2014.

24K Magic by Bruno Mars
Anti by Rihanna
Here by Alicia Keys
Long Live The Angels by Emeli Sandé
Starboy by The Weeknd

The Mammy for 'Best R&B/Urban Album' is for albums with the genre R&B/Urban. Every album which was released during 2016 or late 2015 is eligible. Previous winners are “Beauty Behind The Madness” by The Weeknd, "The Pinkprint" by Nicki Minaj and "Yours Truly" by Ariana Grande. That category exists since 2014.
Tansike
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:37 pm

You know I like "Ghost", somehow - I know it's wrong - the performance and the flop destroyed it for me.

"Don't Let Me Down" is ... brilliant.

"Beat To My Melody" is good but I was already over it when it was released as a single. "Traffic Lights" stays my fave song on the album! Looking forward to "Gemini" :D

"Final Song" is just one of those amazing pop masterpieces of the year.

"Million Reasons" is emotional.

"Into You", wow, I did NOT expect Ariana to top "Break Free". With this thing, she did it for me!

I really like "You Are The Only One" but I'm surprised it's Top 10 here, you must love it!

"The Arena" is beautiful.

"Kill V. Maim" is a big WOW, I didn't expect Grimes to deliver me something that amazing and artsy. LOVE THE VIDEO!
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Love to see "Lost On You". Surprised it's thaaat high though :o But I TOTALLY understand that special events can grow the love for a song, and that's a beautiful thing to happen! :D I still believe the song would be higher on my charts if it didn't make me that sad. :cry: :lol: :oops:

KEWK is kewt :lol: I really liked it in 2015.

Obvious number 1 - it's a tune! I guess I didn't fall completely in love with it because the structure of the song might be a little too complex for me, however that's what can make a song special for someone else :D
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Phoenixx » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Tansike wrote:Here are the first ten categories:

Cheap Thrills by Sia

Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay

Don’t Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers feat. Daya

Oh My My by OneRepublic

Faded by Alan Walker

Skin by Flume

Church Bells by Carrie Underwood

Natural Causes by Skylar Grey

Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande or
Work From Home by Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dollar $ign

Starboy by The Weeknd
hope for these :D
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby Magnus » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:31 pm

'M' is a good letter to have one's first name start by :wink:. I'm hoping Carrie and Maren will win in their respective categories!

Sorry for the late comment on the Albums YEC. Here are the albums in your top 50 that I like:

171. Carly Rae Jepsen E-Mo-Tion <G>
164. Jason Aldean They Don't Know
157. Against The Current In Our Bones
156. Kelly Clarkson Piece By Piece <G>
140. Beatrice Egli Kick im Augenblick
139. Marina Kaye Fearless <P>
131. Jaël Shuffle The Cards <G>
128. Rykka Beatitudes
107. Cappa Queen Of Hearts EP
105. Lenka The Bright Side
103. Vanessa Mai Für Dich
88. Zoë Debut
85. Colbie Caillat The Malibu Sessions
82. Britt Nicole Britt Nicole
81. Hillary Scott & The Scott Family Love Remains
71. Taylor Swift 1989 <P>
56. Carly Rae Jepsen E-Mo-Tion Side B
52. Martina Stoessel Tini
46. Maren Morris – Hero
41. Melanie Martinez – Cry Baby
40. Foxes – All I Need
38. Nina Kraljic – Samo
30. Christina Grimmie – Find Me
29. Christina Grimmie – With Love
27. Britney Spears – Glory
22. Jamie-Lee – Berlin
20. Broods – Conscious
15. Rachel Platten – Wildfire
9. Christina Grimmie – Side A EP
8. Eurovision Song Contest 2016 (although only about half of the songs are good or better)
6. Ellie Goulding – Delirium
4. Selena Gomez – Revival
2. Carrie Underwood – Storyteller
1. Tarja – The Shadow Self

Maren's album is the one I like the most as a whole, even though there are a few others with stronger individual songs.

Pretty easy to guess the #1!

Nice for Christina to have three albums/EPs in the top 30!
Magnus
Manager

Postby KokoCollino » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Wow such a big album countdown :o

7/27: "Nothing comes even close to the lead track though." Yes, true, sadly.

Her bubbly debut “Cry Baby” already got a lot of my attention, and I’m sure that her upcoming second album could be even better.
:D

while I loved everything on “Glory” during its first two or three weeks, I got over it very fast afterwards, and now I think it’s the weakest album I know from her
It's the same for me - unfortunately. However, I'd put it over Britney Jean (minus Alien) and Baby One More Time (minus the singles). It's just doing nothing emotionally for me ...

"unfortunately the pop smash “Baby Don’t Lie” didn’t make the final cut" right :cry:

“Getting Warmer” (!) <3 I also still like UTLY.

Great chart overall, I would love to have the time to listen to more of your top albums :(
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:14 pm

KokoCollino wrote:You know I like "Ghost", somehow - I know it's wrong - the performance and the flop destroyed it for me.

"Don't Let Me Down" is ... brilliant.

"Beat To My Melody" is good but I was already over it when it was released as a single. "Traffic Lights" stays my fave song on the album! Looking forward to "Gemini" :D

"Final Song" is just one of those amazing pop masterpieces of the year.

"Million Reasons" is emotional.

"Into You", wow, I did NOT expect Ariana to top "Break Free". With this thing, she did it for me!

I really like "You Are The Only One" but I'm surprised it's Top 10 here, you must love it!

"The Arena" is beautiful.

"Kill V. Maim" is a big WOW, I didn't expect Grimes to deliver me something that amazing and artsy. LOVE THE VIDEO!
Aww... i'm happy to hear this to be honest, cause i felt completely the same, sadly. A shame, i thought she could be so big :(

Yes, brilliant tune, their best work to date 8-)

Not even the new remix helped to revive it? That one really helped for me. TL got old quite fast, probably also because i played it to death...
Really looking forward to "Gemini" was well, my expectations are huge!

Glad you like these :)

Wait, so "Break Free" was your favorite song previously? It's still my fave from her, but "Into You" definitely comes second. Pop at its best :D

Yes, i love it. So incredibly catchy with such a hottie behind the mic <3

:cry:

Same. Easily her best effort so far! :)

KokoCollino wrote:Love to see "Lost On You". Surprised it's thaaat high though :o But I TOTALLY understand that special events can grow the love for a song, and that's a beautiful thing to happen! :D I still believe the song would be higher on my charts if it didn't make me that sad. :cry: :lol: :oops:

KEWK is kewt :lol: I really liked it in 2015.

Obvious number 1 - it's a tune! I guess I didn't fall completely in love with it because the structure of the song might be a little too complex for me, however that's what can make a song special for someone else :D
It definitely showed some impressive longevity on my charts and a 'simple' performance even pushed it back to #1 out of a sudden. She's a brilliant live performer and i really hope she won't end up as a one hit wonder. Aww... well, a song making you sad still means a lot to you, but i see why you wouldn't play it often when you get sad through it...

<3 It's her best song since she went solo. Should have been the lead or 2nd single, so it could have been more successful.

Haha yeah... both of my #1s were obvious this year. Glad you like it! :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:15 pm

Phoenixx wrote:...

Some great choices!

I'm surprised you chose "Hymn For The Weekend" over "Heathens" though :o

Magnus wrote:'M' is a good letter to have one's first name start by :wink:. I'm hoping Carrie and Maren will win in their respective categories!

Sorry for the late comment on the Albums YEC. Here are the albums in your top 50 that I like:

Maren's album is the one I like the most as a whole, even though there are a few others with stronger individual songs.

Pretty easy to guess the #1!

Nice for Christina to have three albums/EPs in the top 30!
Not surprised to heaer you like the letter 'M' :wink: Nice picks. Both are probably a bit unlucky, well all are in their categories, simply because these categories (especially the Rock/Country/Alternative Song) are so strong this year. Maybe i need to change that next year, as i'm getting into more country songs/albums lately.

No need to say sorry, it's not a 'must' thing to do to leave a comment here. I'm also far behind of replying to some YECs... :oops:

That's a lot you like :D

Not surprised about Maren being one of your fave/your biggest fave there. It's a good album, and i'm really rooting for her on the upcoming Grammys.

True, but also a deserved #1 for me personally :)

Three great releases :cry:

KokoCollino wrote:Wow such a big album countdown :o

7/27: "Nothing comes even close to the lead track though." Yes, true, sadly.

Her bubbly debut “Cry Baby” already got a lot of my attention, and I’m sure that her upcoming second album could be even better.
:D

while I loved everything on “Glory” during its first two or three weeks, I got over it very fast afterwards, and now I think it’s the weakest album I know from her
It's the same for me - unfortunately. However, I'd put it over Britney Jean (minus Alien) and Baby One More Time (minus the singles). It's just doing nothing emotionally for me ...

"unfortunately the pop smash “Baby Don’t Lie” didn’t make the final cut" right :cry:

“Getting Warmer” (!) <3 I also still like UTLY.

Great chart overall, I would love to have the time to listen to more of your top albums :(
The album is still solid though, but i think "Work From Home" will always remain their best song, like ever.

Glad you like Melanie's album :wink:

I know i'm the only person in the whole world who liked "Britney Jean", that's also why i'd rank "Glory" below BJ. Don't know BOMT as i'm only a fan since "Blackout".

YESS... i think "Baby Don't Lie" was also a hit on your personal charts, wasn't it? A shame she didn't have success with it...
Oh yeah, UTLY is great too.

Thanks a lot! :D And i think you already know lots of albums, so that's great :wink:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:26 pm

MAMMY AWARDS 2017

Time to reveal the remaining eight categories:

Brave Enough by Lindsey Stirling
Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande
Joanne by Lady GaGa
Storyteller by Carrie Underwood
The Shadow Self by Tarja

The Mammy for 'Album Of The Year' is for every album which was released during 2016 or late 2015, no matter of its genre. The album which made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. Previous winners are “Endless Forms Most Beautiful” by Nightwish, "Shine" by Anette Olzon, "Lindsey Stirling" by Lindsey Stirling, "Born To Die" by Lana Del Rey, "21" by Adele and "The Fame" by Lady GaGa. That category exists since 2011.

Demons In You by Tarja with Alissa White-Gluz
Feral Hearts by Kerli
Into You by Ariana Grande
Lighthouse by Nina Kraljic
Lost On You by LP

The Mammy for 'Song Of The Year' is for every single which was released during 2016 or late 2015, no matter of its genre. The song which made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. Previous winners are “Élan” by Nightwish, "Break Free" by Ariana Grande ft. Zedd, "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus, "Born To Die" by Lana Del Rey, "Someone Like You" by Adele and "Bad Romance" by Lady GaGa. That category exists since 2011.

Carrie Underwood
Ellie Goulding
Kerli
Lindsey Stirling
Tarja

The Mammy for 'Artist Of The Year' is for every artist who released a single and/or an album and/or an EP during 2016, no matter of its genre. The artist which made the biggest impact on me during that year will win. Previous winners are Nightwish, Within Temptation and Kerli. That category exists since 2014.

Getting Warmer by Gwen Stefani
Holding On For Life by Ellie Goulding
Lone Ranger by Rachel Platten
Lost Girls by Lindsey Stirling
Meta Taro by Babymetal

The Mammy for 'Best Album Track' is for every song, which wasn't released as a single and is on an album that was released during 2016 or late 2015, no matter of its genre. The best song will win. Previous winners are “The Girl” by Lena and "Moving Away" by Anette Olzon. That category exists since 2015.

ImageImageImageImage

Adele
Ellie Goulding
Justin Bieber
Rihanna

During 2016, i attended four concerts and every artist i've seen live is nominated for the Mammy for 'Best Live Act' . The act i enjoyed the most and made the best concert will win. Previous winners are Tarja and Within Temptation. That category exists since 2015.

Charlie Puth
LP
Nina Kraljic
Rachel Platten
Twenty One Pilots

The Mammy for 'Best New Artist' is for every artist, who released a single and/or an album and/or an EP during 2016, no matter of its genre. The artist must be a new one or must have had his first entry ever on my charts during 2016 or late 2015. The artist which had the biggest impact on me and is the most promising one will win. Previous winners are Zara Larsson, Sam Smith, Ariana Grande, Loreen, Bruno Mars and Ke$ha. That category exists since 2011.

Anette Olzon
Ariana Grande
Carrie Underwood
Ellie Goulding
Kerli
Lady GaGa
Lindsey Stirling
Rachel Platten
Selena Gomez
Tarja

The ten most played artists during 2016 are nominated for the Mammy for 'Best Airplay Artist', no matter if their played stuff was released during 2016 or not. Not the artist with the most plays will win, but the one that got played all the time during that year and had the biggest impact on my daily life through this. Previous winners are Anette Olzon, Within Temptation and Kerli. That category exists since 2014.

Blossom by Kerli
Come Up For Air by Skylar Grey
Diamond Hard by Kerli
False Alarm by The Weeknd
Feral Hearts by Kerli
Innocence by Tarja
Out Of The Woods by Taylor Swift
Snow White by Christina Grimmie
The Arena by Lindsey Stirling
You Are The Only One by Sergey Lazarev

The Mammy for 'Best Music Video' is for every music video, which was released during 2016. The best music video wins. Previous winners are “Never Forget You” by Zara Larsson & MNEK, "G.U.Y." by Lady GaGa and "Work Bitch" by Britney Spears. That category exists since 2014.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:27 pm

Tansike wrote:
Phoenixx wrote:...

Some great choices!

I'm surprised you chose "Hymn For The Weekend" over "Heathens" though :o
Yep, it was a big hit in 2016 for me too 8-)
Even when Heathens have had more success last year and is also higher on the YEC HFTW is a big stone of a hit 8-) 8-) 8-)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Return to Year End Personal Charts