Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby LionH3art » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:47 pm

I like these!

17 | g-eazy ft. dana - vengeance on my mind
16 | g-eazy ft. danny seth - bone marrow - I prefer that one as well
10 | ariana grande - thinking bout you - her best song imo <33333
5 | rihanna - same ol' mistakes
And of your singles chart I like/love Wherever I Go, Starboy & Make Me X2.
LionH3art
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:50 pm

Biebz wrote:Image
Ahh now we're talking! :P

I adore Faded and its definitely been one of the most unique sounding dance tracks of the year. It's almost like a hybrid between piano ballad and a sort of chilled techno, like someone did a big uptempo dance track but then decided to drop the tempo. It's a stunning song all thanks to Iselin Solheim's beautiful vocals.
JakeP
Manager

Postby king_oxymoron » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:10 pm

The vocals on Faded are stunning, agreed!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Tansike » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:43 am

Not surprised to see me liking all four songs since my last comment...
"Starboy" and "Faded" are also two of my highlights from the year. The Weeknd returned with a great, very well-produced lead track which is a deserved hit for him. Very glad he just topped the US Hot 100 this week (was about time!).

Alan Walker debuted with a huge bang. Wow, what a debut single! A deserved huge hit in 2016, and he didn't even disappoint with his follow-ups. Will be interesting to see what he will bring on in the future. The vocals :cry:

Britney's lead track got so much love on here, but i still think it's quite weak for her standards and is even one of my least favorite singles ever from her. There are only a very few singles that i liked less, like "Oh La La" and "Pretty Girls". Depending on the mood i even prefer "Perfume"... :oops: It's still solid though! "Make Me" by Noah was a surprise, indeed. Hopefully a big(ger) hit in 2017 8-)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:03 pm

LionH3art wrote:I like these!

17 | g-eazy ft. dana - vengeance on my mind
16 | g-eazy ft. danny seth - bone marrow - I prefer that one as well
10 | ariana grande - thinking bout you - her best song imo <33333
5 | rihanna - same ol' mistakes
And of your singles chart I like/love Wherever I Go, Starboy & Make Me X2.
Thanks for commenting! Glad you like the G songs :D

JakeP wrote:Ahh now we're talking! :P

I adore Faded and its definitely been one of the most unique sounding dance tracks of the year. It's almost like a hybrid between piano ballad and a sort of chilled techno, like someone did a big uptempo dance track but then decided to drop the tempo. It's a stunning song all thanks to Iselin Solheim's beautiful vocals.
Yes it's definitely one of the more unique tracks!

king_oxymoron wrote:The vocals on Faded are stunning, agreed!
Glad you think so too! :D

Tansike wrote:Not surprised to see me liking all four songs since my last comment...
"Starboy" and "Faded" are also two of my highlights from the year. The Weeknd returned with a great, very well-produced lead track which is a deserved hit for him. Very glad he just topped the US Hot 100 this week (was about time!).

Alan Walker debuted with a huge bang. Wow, what a debut single! A deserved huge hit in 2016, and he didn't even disappoint with his follow-ups. Will be interesting to see what he will bring on in the future. The vocals :cry:

Britney's lead track got so much love on here, but i still think it's quite weak for her standards and is even one of my least favorite singles ever from her. There are only a very few singles that i liked less, like "Oh La La" and "Pretty Girls". Depending on the mood i even prefer "Perfume"... :oops: It's still solid though! "Make Me" by Noah was a surprise, indeed. Hopefully a big(ger) hit in 2017 8-)
Agreed, I had given up hope on it peaking at #1 but sometimes songs manage to unexpectedly get it! :D

I agree that his follow-up was great too but I'm keen on the most recent one. Faded remains the best!

Wow really? :oops: Atleast you don't prefer PG, I don't know what I'd have done :lol:

Fingers crossed!
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:11 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:19 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:27 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby king_oxymoron » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:09 pm

Mo and Sia both fall into the same category for me, perfectly listenable on the radio, but don't do a lot for me beyond that.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby JakeP » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:36 pm

Biebz wrote:Image
Two excellent tracks here. Expect to see MØ and Sia riding high up my top 100 of 2016. Starting tomorrow night. Shameless plug! :lol: :P
Not heard that Skylar Grey song though so should check it out in the next couple of days and see if i like it.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Tansike » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:47 pm

Yay for "Final Song". From he songs as a lead artist this was the first one that really got me, and it's even one of my big highlights of 2016 as well. I agree with you about the follow-up, which is kinda sad. Let's hope the next track will be better again :)

Didn't think much of "Off Road" at first but once the album came out, i got more into the song and now i think it's pretty good. It's still far from her best though. Have you checked out tracks like "Come Up For Air" or "Moving Mountains"?

Also love "The Greatest". Definitely another great tune from Sia, and i also like Kendrick's rap. I'm surprised you don't like it that much?!

Can't wait for the Top10! 8-)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:33 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:Mo and Sia both fall into the same category for me, perfectly listenable on the radio, but don't do a lot for me beyond that.
They're very hit and miss for me. Thankfully they have put out some great tracks in 2016

JakeP wrote:Two excellent tracks here. Expect to see MØ and Sia riding high up my top 100 of 2016. Starting tomorrow night. Shameless plug! :lol: :P
Not heard that Skylar Grey song though so should check it out in the next couple of days and see if i like it.
I look forward to it :wink:

Hope you like it!

Tansike wrote:Yay for "Final Song". From he songs as a lead artist this was the first one that really got me, and it's even one of my big highlights of 2016 as well. I agree with you about the follow-up, which is kinda sad. Let's hope the next track will be better again :)

Didn't think much of "Off Road" at first but once the album came out, i got more into the song and now i think it's pretty good. It's still far from her best though. Have you checked out tracks like "Come Up For Air" or "Moving Mountains"?

Also love "The Greatest". Definitely another great tune from Sia, and i also like Kendrick's rap. I'm surprised you don't like it that much?!

Can't wait for the Top10! 8-)
Yes I am still hopeful for the next single and album!

Yes I checked out both those songs but I didn't really think much of them. It put me off listening to the rest of the album.

I mean, the rap isn't awful but when the song first came out with the video, I would constantly listen to the solo version so now the rap just really awkward and unnecessary, a bit like Sean Paul on Cheap Thrills.
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:35 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby MrRager » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:51 pm

I basically love everything! I can't remember that Weeknd song but I'm sure i will like it too. Faded and Final song are amazing.

Awesome to see Iggy in the Top 10. It was VERY SURPRISINGLY :o MY no.1 of 2016!! :o
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:03 pm

10-8 is much more me, like them all, particularly a fan of he OneRepublic tune though, love it!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Biebz » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:07 pm

MrRager wrote:I basically love everything! I can't remember that Weeknd song but I'm sure i will like it too. Faded and Final song are amazing.

Awesome to see Iggy in the Top 10. It was VERY SURPRISINGLY :o MY no.1 of 2016!! :o
I knew you would! :wink:

I'm shocked that Iggy was your #1! :lol:

king_oxymoron wrote:10-8 is much more me, like them all, particularly a fan of he OneRepublic tune though, love it!
Shame it flopped! :cry:
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:26 pm

"Starboy" is exquisitely produced! For me, I wasn't really anticipating anything from him either, but this ended up being my favourite single of his. "Make Me..." is good, and G-Eazy adds to the song; it doesn't work as well without him at all. I wish we had gotten the original video for it, but oh well.

"Faded" does have a nice vocal attached to it.

Ouch at the Kendrick dig! For me, his verse is essential! Even without him, though, the song is still pretty strong. The volcanic eruption of the chorus blows me away too.

"I Feel It Coming" seems a bit tamer melodically than its predecessor, but it grew on me.

"Kids" is as good as "Wherever I Go", in my opinion. Both are average.
"Love yourself so that love will not be a stranger when it comes, and it will come."

Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2017: [60-56]
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Awww kinda sad to hear both other songs by Skylar Grey didn't do something for you :(

While i also see "I Feel It Coming" as one of the better songs on "Starboy", i still think it's not that strong at all and probably his weakest single for me since his breakthrough.

"Team" wasn't the song that i was expecting from her as her comeback, but in a good way. I really thought she'd do another "Fancy" or so. "Team" was cool and i agree with you that it should have been a success for her, and i love that she sings the chorus too! :)

"Kids" is great, a nice pop song, and one of many great tracks of the year that deserved to do a lot better than they did...

"On Your Side" was solid but never did a lot for me.
Tansike
Legend

Postby JakeP » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Loving this countdown Biebz, so many of my faves making the grade. :D

I feel it coming is such an amazing song, easily my favourite of all singles from The Weeknd. Seeing the song at #10 is so good. I really can't agree more with your commentary. :D

Iggy Azalea missed the cut in my too 100 of 2016. Team did get to #5 in my chart but it suffered a mighty drop the following week before exiting my top 20. In all honesty i still prefer earlier singles like Black widow, Trouble and Pretty girls. :P

Kids is another great track that also got to #5 in my chart but had a much better chart run. Ended up at #97 in my year end chart which is still a really good result. :D

Aww love seeing On your side featuring so high up. I really did think everyone on UK Mix preferred In my blood. Even in my own chart the latter song had a more impressive chart run. I agree about that tropical house inspired breakdown, it is so euphoric sounding. LOL the ending actually did stump me the first time i listened to the song and i'm sure i thought to myself "is that it?" because it doesn't feel like you're coming to the end of the song, so yes an extra chorus to finish the song would've been perfect.
JakeP
Manager

Postby Biebz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:08 pm

JSparksFan wrote:"Starboy" is exquisitely produced! For me, I wasn't really anticipating anything from him either, but this ended up being my favourite single of his. "Make Me..." is good, and G-Eazy adds to the song; it doesn't work as well without him at all. I wish we had gotten the original video for it, but oh well.

"Faded" does have a nice vocal attached to it.

Ouch at the Kendrick dig! For me, his verse is essential! Even without him, though, the song is still pretty strong. The volcanic eruption of the chorus blows me away too.

"I Feel It Coming" seems a bit tamer melodically than its predecessor, but it grew on me.

"Kids" is as good as "Wherever I Go", in my opinion. Both are average.
Glad you like G-Eazy's addition, I don't think that is the general consensus :cry:

Maybe I was a little harsh on him :lol: I'm just so used to the original!

So you prefer Starboy? I think IFIC is much more interesting!

Shame you think that! I guess the GP think the same :(
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Tansike wrote:Awww kinda sad to hear both other songs by Skylar Grey didn't do something for you :(

While i also see "I Feel It Coming" as one of the better songs on "Starboy", i still think it's not that strong at all and probably his weakest single for me since his breakthrough.

"Team" wasn't the song that i was expecting from her as her comeback, but in a good way. I really thought she'd do another "Fancy" or so. "Team" was cool and i agree with you that it should have been a success for her, and i love that she sings the chorus too! :)

"Kids" is great, a nice pop song, and one of many great tracks of the year that deserved to do a lot better than they did...

"On Your Side" was solid but never did a lot for me.
I will probably check the album out eventually but I just never found the motivation.

Wow really? I love it so much! You haven't really been feeling this era much though have you? I remember you saying the album was pretty disappointing :(

I'm so glad she didn't do a Fancy, would have been even more embarrassing when it flopped.

Life is so cruel! :cry: #JusticeForKids

Oh what a shame! :cry: I couldn't stop listening to it the first time I heard it!

JakeP wrote:Loving this countdown Biebz, so many of my faves making the grade. :D

I feel it coming is such an amazing song, easily my favourite of all singles from The Weeknd. Seeing the song at #10 is so good. I really can't agree more with your commentary. :D

Iggy Azalea missed the cut in my too 100 of 2016. Team did get to #5 in my chart but it suffered a mighty drop the following week before exiting my top 20. In all honesty i still prefer earlier singles like Black widow, Trouble and Pretty girls. :P

Kids is another great track that also got to #5 in my chart but had a much better chart run. Ended up at #97 in my year end chart which is still a really good result. :D

Aww love seeing On your side featuring so high up. I really did think everyone on UK Mix preferred In my blood. Even in my own chart the latter song had a more impressive chart run. I agree about that tropical house inspired breakdown, it is so euphoric sounding. LOL the ending actually did stump me the first time i listened to the song and i'm sure i thought to myself "is that it?" because it doesn't feel like you're coming to the end of the song, so yes an extra chorus to finish the song would've been perfect.
Glad you're enjoying it! :D

I think it might be my favourite single of his too! Either that or The Hills!

You prefer Pretty Girls? :lol: Each to their own I guess! :wink:

Glad it went Top 5 somewhere :cry:

Yes I think so too which is a shame because I definitely prefer OYS despite loving IMB. I can't wait for their album!
Last edited by Biebz on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Return to Year End Personal Charts