my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Tansike » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:34 pm

Woah, surprised how high "Gemini Feed" is, had no idea you loved it that much :o It's a highlight of "The Altar" for me, but the whole album never got me as much as "Goddess" did :oops:

"Let Me Love You" is awesome, one of my faves of 2016 as well. Deserved second place :D
Frenship at #1 is another surprise. While i enjoyed the song when i checked it out, it's nothing i'd go crazy for. But as i said, i liked it, so it's not that i would dislike it or so.

Love the albums by Sia and Broods, glad they got a mention from you, even if they're just bubbling under albums.
I would love to check out Utada as i've read so many things about her for years now but her stuff is usually not available over here :( (at least not on streaming services)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Biebz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:25 pm

Tansike wrote:Woah, surprised how high "Gemini Feed" is, had no idea you loved it that much :o It's a highlight of "The Altar" for me, but the whole album never got me as much as "Goddess" did :oops:

"Let Me Love You" is awesome, one of my faves of 2016 as well. Deserved second place :D
Frenship at #1 is another surprise. While i enjoyed the song when i checked it out, it's nothing i'd go crazy for. But as i said, i liked it, so it's not that i would dislike it or so.

Love the albums by Sia and Broods, glad they got a mention from you, even if they're just bubbling under albums.
I would love to check out Utada as i've read so many things about her for years now but her stuff is usually not available over here :( (at least not on streaming services)
Oh what a shame, I think its actually better then Goddess!

Glad you like the Top 3! :D

Please do check out Utada! Her music is also not available here in the UK (atleast not on Spotify), I had to download Fantome to listen!
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby toxicALIENS » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:29 am

When I saw bubbling under albums I almost didn't pop in for a visit to this thread

But I am pleasantly surprised :)

Make me at 16 and a Zootopia soundtrack song top 5?

:)
BS:TS:IA:NM
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby Biebz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:19 pm

toxicALIENS wrote:Make me at 16 and a Zootopia soundtrack song top 5?
Speaks volumes about Britney
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby MrRager » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:45 pm

Moth To The Flame <3
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:03 pm

Last edited by Biebz on Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:04 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:07 pm

I dunno it's definitely better than her debut which is so poor imo, I think it's between this and BTW for her best.

John Wayne is a TUNE.

CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:00 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:I dunno it's definitely better than her debut which is so poor imo, I think it's between this and BTW for her best.

John Wayne is a TUNE.
Born This Way is one of her worst albums aswell though :lol:

Atleast you like John Wayne which is a great song
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby SilentDream » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:26 pm

I love Carly's EP "Emotion: Side B". The best songs on it are "Higher" and "Body Language", in my opinion. :)

I've never been a big fan of Lady Gaga's music, so I didn't have high expectations for her most recent album anyway. The album wasn't disappointing, but it wasn't amazing either. It was okayish - there are a couple of decent songs on "Joanne", but I only really like two songs on that album: "John Wayne" and "Just Another Day".
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby MrRager » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:48 am

I just couldn't get into Gaga's album either! I think its her worst. Million Reasons is great though! I'll need to listen to it again to see if it gets better.

Carly Rae's is one of the highlights of the year. Cry, Roses and Body Language are definitely the highlights for me too!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:07 pm

The Fame is much worse than Joanne, IMO! Anyway, the latter is a good album, but it just went nowhere in the context of her opus.
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Biebz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:30 pm

Last edited by Biebz on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby king_oxymoron » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:22 am

The SHADE to Joanne with the *!!!

The OneRepublic album is a weird one. It feels so bitty. Some great songs on there including the title track though. And the third single should have been a no-brainer... Future Looks Good take a bow.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby toxicALIENS » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:18 pm

wtf you would skip daddy lessons aka one of the best songs????
BS:TS:IA:NM
toxicALIENS
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:37 pm

toxicALIENS wrote:wtf you would skip daddy lessons aka one of the best songs????
Tell ha!
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:52 pm

I kinda agree with what you wrote about "Joanne", but i still think its first half is very good, and "Dancin In Circles" and "Million Reasons" come close to some of her older stuff for me. I'm also glad that she's more successful than the people expected, especially since both singles didn't do much so far (especially in the US).

Carly's EP is cute, should have release one or two songs as singles. "Cry" and "Roses" are pop at its best!

Never checked out "Lemonade" cause i'm no Beyoncé fan and don't want to pay for it, and it's very expensive over here, so i have to wait for its Apple Music release (which probably will never happen...) :oops:

"Oh My My" is great, and i like them more with each new release so this is my favorite album by them so far. I agree that it's a bit too long though.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Biebz » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:04 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:The SHADE to Joanne with the *!!!

The OneRepublic album is a weird one. It feels so bitty. Some great songs on there including the title track though. And the third single should have been a no-brainer... Future Looks Good take a bow.
:lol: :lol:

I agree! Future Looks Good is amazing, I think it will be the 4th single if there is one!

toxicALIENS wrote:wtf you would skip daddy lessons aka one of the best songs????
Didn't you leave?

Tansike wrote:I kinda agree with what you wrote about "Joanne", but i still think its first half is very good, and "Dancin In Circles" and "Million Reasons" come close to some of her older stuff for me. I'm also glad that she's more successful than the people expected, especially since both singles didn't do much so far (especially in the US).

Carly's EP is cute, should have release one or two songs as singles. "Cry" and "Roses" are pop at its best!

Never checked out "Lemonade" cause i'm no Beyoncé fan and don't want to pay for it, and it's very expensive over here, so i have to wait for its Apple Music release (which probably will never happen...) :oops:

"Oh My My" is great, and i like them more with each new release so this is my favorite album by them so far. I agree that it's a bit too long though.
Yes the first half is decent but after Million Reasons is goes downhill.

Definitely! Although I doubt they would have done anything and they probably just wanted some quick $$$ without investing much in it.

Yeah I didn't think #10 would excite you :lol:

Wow I didn't expect it to be your favourite. I think Native is so much better :cry:
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby MrRager » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 pm

Lemonade and Oh My My are decent but I kinda got over them both quick.

All Night, Sorry and Sandcastles were my favourites from Lemonade! Daddy Lessons is Tragic.

Oh My My is actually good but like you said they should have gotten rid of some of the clutter. Born, Let's Hurt Tonight, Kids and Future Looks good are brilliant. Better should be the next single I think!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts