Biebz' 2016 Countdown

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Biebz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:48 pm

I'll post 8-5 tomorrow, been busy with Uni so haven't got round to doing the graphics (which take a surpsingly long time) :lol:
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby MrRager » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:50 pm

Biebz wrote:
toxicALIENS wrote:wtf you would skip daddy lessons aka one of the best songs????
Didn't you leave?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Erotica » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:25 pm

#8 and #7 are great albums
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:37 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby MrRager » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:24 pm

All these 4 are good albums! Gwen > Rachel > Anti > Glory

I agree mostly about your write ups. However I think Used To Love You was amazing! :cry: Make Me Like You is terrible though.
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Erotica » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:25 pm

Anti disappointed me cause I always loved Rihanna's music, but this album is a bit weak. I need more songs like Kiss it better
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:20 pm

"Glory" is a nice pop album, but not more. It's definitely a disappointment since it's a Britney release. Unfortunately, two of your faves belong to my least faves ("Invitation", "Make Me"), and i'm probably also the only person in the whole world who preferred "Britney Jean"... :oops:

YESS at "This Is What The Truth Feels Like" at #7! :D Fantastic and well deserved result!
This is easily one of the best pop releases of 2016 and i'm glad it's getting some acclaim on here. Also love to read your opinion on "Baby Don't Lie", as i completely agree with you on this 8-) I still like "Used To Love You" a lot though, but the album has like 5-8 songs that are better than "Used To Love You", let alone the other two singles which belong to my least faves as well.

Rihanna's album was a big meh at first for me, the biggest disappointment coming from a big star in a very long time. However, once i've seen her live last summer, the album grew a lot on me and now i think it's quite solid, and some songs are really nice. "Love On The Brain" remains by far the best track on there.

Rachel's release was so surprising and that was such a cool moment on UKMix when many people suddenly stanned for her in january 2016, and everyone was so surprised by "Wildfire"! I'm very glad to read that "Lone Ranger" and "Congratulations" are two of your faves as these two are clearly the best songs she's ever created so far IMO, a shame they ended up as album tracks :cry:

Biebz wrote:I'll post 8-5 tomorrow, been busy with Uni so haven't got round to doing the graphics (which take a surpsingly long time) :lol:
But it's worth it, it looks really awesome!!
Tansike
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:22 pm

"True Disaster" is cute.

Totally agree what you said regarding "Wherever I Go" - why wasn't this a hit :o ? Perhaps it didn't fit with the streaming audience ...

"Make Me ... " somehow grew on me, but it's far from being one of "my" Britney classics.

I start to like the Noah Cyrus song. I think it need some more spins, though. Strong lyrics.
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby KokoCollino » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:36 pm

I like "Faded", but "Alone" somehow slays me more, I guess because of the lyrics/theme.

"Final Song" is like one of the masterpieces of the year and I have HIGH hopes for ha this year!

I have EXACTLY the same opinion regarding "The Greatest" and "Cheap Thrills" like you! And yaaas the video is so important to me as well :cry:
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby KokoCollino » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:32 pm

I just started to discover "Never Be Like You" as it has very interesting lyrics that mirror my current life so well ...

"Try Everything" is cute and worked well with the (amazing!) movie.

"Gemini Feed" is good, "Let Me Love You" is a must even for non-Justin fans, and "Capsize" is stunning.

Interesting and great charts!
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:15 pm

MrRager wrote:All these 4 are good albums! Gwen > Rachel > Anti > Glory

I agree mostly about your write ups. However I think Used To Love You was amazing! :cry: Make Me Like You is terrible though.
Yeah I almost remember you stanning for UTLY :lol: Remember that time it went #2 on iTunes :o :lol:
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Erotica wrote:Anti disappointed me cause I always loved Rihanna's music, but this album is a bit weak. I need more songs like Kiss it better
I can see why, it's not as instant as previous stuff

Tansike wrote:"Glory" is a nice pop album, but not more. It's definitely a disappointment since it's a Britney release. Unfortunately, two of your faves belong to my least faves ("Invitation", "Make Me"), and i'm probably also the only person in the whole world who preferred "Britney Jean"... :oops:

YESS at "This Is What The Truth Feels Like" at #7! :D Fantastic and well deserved result!
This is easily one of the best pop releases of 2016 and i'm glad it's getting some acclaim on here. Also love to read your opinion on "Baby Don't Lie", as i completely agree with you on this 8-) I still like "Used To Love You" a lot though, but the album has like 5-8 songs that are better than "Used To Love You", let alone the other two singles which belong to my least faves as well.

Rihanna's album was a big meh at first for me, the biggest disappointment coming from a big star in a very long time. However, once i've seen her live last summer, the album grew a lot on me and now i think it's quite solid, and some songs are really nice. "Love On The Brain" remains by far the best track on there.

Rachel's release was so surprising and that was such a cool moment on UKMix when many people suddenly stanned for her in january 2016, and everyone was so surprised by "Wildfire"! I'm very glad to read that "Lone Ranger" and "Congratulations" are two of your faves as these two are clearly the best songs she's ever created so far IMO, a shame they ended up as album tracks :cry:

Biebz wrote:I'll post 8-5 tomorrow, been busy with Uni so haven't got round to doing the graphics (which take a surpsingly long time) :lol:
But it's worth it, it looks really awesome!!
Oh thats shame! I'm sure there will be others out there prefer Britney Jean but I bet you're a rare (and strange) bunch :lol:

I still listen to Baby Don't Lie often, such a brilliant pop song! I have no idea how it wasn't big, it was just what she needed, more so than Make Me Like You which was never going to be a hit :oops: 'Used To Love You' was definitely the best out of the 3 singles from the album, I remember being really disappointed at first because I find it really boring and dull plus the video didn't help :lol: But then the song grew on me and I don't mind it that much now :)

My biggest disappointment coming from a big star is definitely Joanne :lol: ANTi's got such a cool atmosphere to the album that I really like but I can understand why you probably didn't like it at first

Yes I know! I'm really surprised I even checked it out to be honest because for a new artist I either have to like a lot of the singles or the lead single has to be AMAZING for me to check out the album. With Fight Song I really liked it but it was nothing incredible yet even still I decided to listen to the album. It was a great decision 8-)
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:27 pm

KokoCollino wrote:"True Disaster" is cute.

Totally agree what you said regarding "Wherever I Go" - why wasn't this a hit :o ? Perhaps it didn't fit with the streaming audience ...

"Make Me ... " somehow grew on me, but it's far from being one of "my" Britney classics.

I start to like the Noah Cyrus song. I think it need some more spins, though. Strong lyrics.
I wish I knew why it wasn't a hit :cry: I don't think it could enough support from Radio to be honest. In the US it never got that high on Airplay and in the UK it was snubbed by Capital which definitely had a significant effect on it.

KokoCollino wrote:I like "Faded", but "Alone" somehow slays me more, I guess because of the lyrics/theme.

"Final Song" is like one of the masterpieces of the year and I have HIGH hopes for ha this year!

I have EXACTLY the same opinion regarding "The Greatest" and "Cheap Thrills" like you! And yaaas the video is so important to me as well :cry:
I can't even remember Alone now :lol: I remember thinking it wasn't as good as the other two though

If Don't Leave is anything to go by then me too :cry:

Yay I'm glad! Not many people on here agree that CT is overrated :cry:

KokoCollino wrote:I just started to discover "Never Be Like You" as it has very interesting lyrics that mirror my current life so well ...

"Try Everything" is cute and worked well with the (amazing!) movie.

"Gemini Feed" is good, "Let Me Love You" is a must even for non-Justin fans, and "Capsize" is stunning.

Interesting and great charts!
You're late to the party but I'm glad you decided to show up eventually :wink:

Glad you like the Top 5 so much!
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Glad you like "Move Your Body"'s Alan Walker remix :D

I'm really looking forward to new Carly Rae stuff!

Although Britney was the first artist I stanned for, there have been moments between 2009 and 2011 when I stanned even harder for Gaga and I never thought that would be possible :cry: Baby OMG I agree on everything you say! (Maybe the only thing we disagree on is that I really like Perfect Illusion, perhaps because it fits so well to my current "love story" and I feel better when sing-screaming to the song :lol:)

Your visuals are so f*cking stunning :o
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby Biebz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Carbon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:32 pm

ANTI is all I like from this page :lol: and Cool Girl
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Biebz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:09 pm

Carbon wrote:ANTI is all I like from this page :lol: and Cool Girl
Ain't no J-Lo here
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby KokoCollino » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:35 pm

I quite liked "The Altar", but I need to listen to it again. I'm so bad a listening to full albums at the moment :-?

Same goes for "Lady Wood" - but I DID enjoy it during my listen and found the production pretty attractive.

Oh and sorry but I was travelling for quite a long time so I was just on my mobile and I don't like writing long texts on there :lol:
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby MrRager » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:13 pm

I still haven't listened to Lady Wood or The Altar! :oops:

I love Gemini Feed though. Also Tove's Cool Girl, Influence and True Disaster are great! I need to listen to these both soon. Maybe in 2018.

P.S your visuals are almost as good as mine!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby Biebz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:36 pm

KokoCollino wrote:I quite liked "The Altar", but I need to listen to it again. I'm so bad a listening to full albums at the moment :-?

Same goes for "Lady Wood" - but I DID enjoy it during my listen and found the production pretty attractive.

Oh and sorry but I was travelling for quite a long time so I was just on my mobile and I don't like writing long texts on there :lol:
Yes you do need to listen to them again! :evil:

It's fine :P
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Biebz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:37 pm

MrRager wrote:I still haven't listened to Lady Wood or The Altar! :oops:

I love Gemini Feed though. Also Tove's Cool Girl, Influence and True Disaster are great! I need to listen to these both soon. Maybe in 2018.

P.S your visuals are almost as good as mine!
Listen to Lady Wood alreadyyyyyyy

Thanks thats a huge compliment!
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Return to Year End Personal Charts