So here are my favourite songs that have appeared so far.
48. Usher - Crash
46. Jennifer Lopez - Aint your mama
44. Christine And The Queens - Tilted
42. Jonas Blue featuring JP Cooper - Perfect strangers
40. Drake featuring Wizkid & Kyla - One dance
39. Sia - Cheap thrills
37. Zara Larsson - Lush life33. Hailee Steinfeld & Grey featuring Zedd - Starving
32. Gwen Stefani - Make me like youTilted
got to #5 in my chart last year although it was the original french version called Christine
. Even though i didn't understand the lyrics, i loved the sound and style of the track. I find the english version a bit strange, not in a bad way but it's as if they took the french lyrics and re wrote the song using english words that sound similar, or maybe that's just me who thinks this! Lush life
was also a big hit for me last year but i'm so happy Zara ended up getting a big hit in the UK this year with this song.
My obvious fave here is Starving
, a #1 in my chart for three weeks. Still think its the best song Hailee has done yet and i hope they release a great new song next instead of re-releasing Love myself
as it just doesn't click with me.
Your comment about Make me like you
is interesting when consider Sia is also 40+ but is getting hit singles. Plus Gwen still looks immaculate at 47 but age really shouldn't dictate your success. If the song is great it deserves to do well.