The Diva's Top 13 of 2016 [#10]

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby bluecherry » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:41 pm

biscuits wrote:Y'all talking about the good message of Formations, but what is the message? All I get is that she's bragging about herself?
self love (reference to n**ro nose, jackson 5 nostrils) - basically a song of black pride!
bluecherry
Manager

Postby biscuits » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:36 pm

11. Khia - Santa Baby

This only came out last month but it's managed to become my 11th favourite song of the year. This is an original song, not a cover of the famous Christmas classic, and it is straight up Khia without being inappropriately sexual.

The video is what you'd expect from Khia, basic but humorous. My faovurite part is the 'jolly old saint' chant during the chorus :lol:

I'm always in charge of making a Christmas playlist at home, and this will definitely be on there this year!

biscuits
The Diva

Postby Tansike » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:18 pm

"Dammn Baby" is quite good, actually one of my faves on her album.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Khia :lol: :lol: great song!
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby biscuits » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:22 pm

10. Ariana Grande - Into You

I didn't even hear this song until 22nd July 2016, a couple of months after errbody else. But when I heard it, I immediately thought BOP! and I downloaded it straight away (it was 59p on iTunes so I bought it legally!) And suddenly the lyrics ''a little less conversation, a little more touch my body'' made sense! Until then, I thought they were some kinda of Mariah reference.

The song is really sexy and empowering. It was fun listening to it over the summer. And it got me into her album for a while too. I even gave her 4 points in the Females Countdown.

These days, I don't listen to it that much - kinda over it. One thing which is really great though - I thought I discovered it late, but in November, one of my friends was like 'OMG. Have you heard that Ariana Grande song?' They had only just discovered it themselves and also downloaded it straight away, but they paid 99p for it!

biscuits
The Diva

Postby toni_pest » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:35 pm

:lol: great story. great song.
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby Erotica » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:47 pm

at least an Ariana song that is listenable, but her only good song is Side to side
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:21 pm

"Into You" is a great song. It's definitely one of the highlights on Ariana's most recent album. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Return to Year End Personal Charts