SilentDream's Top 20 Songs of 2016 (FINISHED)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby SilentDream » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:30 am

The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Tansike » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:30 pm

"Love Somebody" is a catchy pop tune that definitely deserved some success in GSA as well, but i think her earlier stuff is still way better than this.

"Full Blown Love" is one of my faves on Broods' album, great song. I've also discovered them this year so yay for that :)

I wouldn't name "John Wayne" as my fave on "Joanne" but it's definitely on the better half for me. I just LOVE to sing along with it... :oops:

"Higher" is another great pop track from Carly. Oh i so wish she would have success again :cry:
Tansike
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Tansike wrote:"Love Somebody" is a catchy pop tune that definitely deserved some success in GSA as well, but i think her earlier stuff is still way better than this.

"Full Blown Love" is one of my faves on Broods' album, great song. I've also discovered them this year so yay for that :)

I wouldn't name "John Wayne" as my fave on "Joanne" but it's definitely on the better half for me. I just LOVE to sing along with it... :oops:

"Higher" is another great pop track from Carly. Oh i so wish she would have success again :cry:
"Love Somebody" is different to Aura's older stuff, but I like both - her old songs and her new songs. :)

Great. :D I will check out Broods' debut album soon. I hope that it's as good as their second album.

I know that not many people think "John Wayne" is one of the highlights on "Joanne", but I think it is. :)

Yeah, it's a shame that Carly is only famous because of "Call Me Maybe" (and maybe also because of "I Really Like You"). She has so much better songs to offer. :(
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:01 pm

The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:55 pm

There are parts of "John Wayne" that align with the image I have of Gaga better than any other song on Joanne. It's definitely an underrated gem.

"Higher" is good, though I much prefer "Cry".
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:46 am

JSparksFan wrote:There are parts of "John Wayne" that align with the image I have of Gaga better than any other song on Joanne. It's definitely an underrated gem.

"Higher" is good, though I much prefer "Cry".
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that "John Wayne" is underrated. :D

"Cry" is a nice song as well, but I don't think it's as good as "Higher". :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby king_oxymoron » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:15 pm

I don't agree Blow Your Mind is Dua's best but it's a really catchy pop song and yes, give us that album, we've waited so long!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby SilentDream » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:16 am

king_oxymoron wrote:I don't agree Blow Your Mind is Dua's best but it's a really catchy pop song and yes, give us that album, we've waited so long!
You're not the only one who can't wait for her debut album. I'm really looking forward to it as well. :D
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:03 am

The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Tansike » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:50 am

Dua Lipa's track is nice, but i got over it very fast compared to the previous songs. I really hope they promote her a bit more once when the album gets released though.

Love "Lost On You", so i'm very glad it made your Top10! :D It's a highlight of 2016 for me as well, and i hope she'll have an even more successful 2017 :D

Also liking Britney's song. As you say, it's a really catchy and addictive song and i think it could do well as a single.
Tansike
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:35 pm

Tansike wrote:Dua Lipa's track is nice, but i got over it very fast compared to the previous songs. I really hope they promote her a bit more once when the album gets released though.

Love "Lost On You", so i'm very glad it made your Top10! :D It's a highlight of 2016 for me as well, and i hope she'll have an even more successful 2017 :D

Also liking Britney's song. As you say, it's a really catchy and addictive song and i think it could do well as a single.
I got over "Hotter Than Hell" and "Be the One" rather fast, but that wasn't the case with "Blow Your Mind (Mwah)". So for me it's actually the other way around.

I'm glad that you like it. :D I hope that the other songs on her most recent album will grow on me as well.

I think it could do at least better than "Slumber Party", but I'm not even sure if she releases a third single (and if she does, it definitely won't be "Change Your Mind"). :-?
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:35 pm

The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby king_oxymoron » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:21 pm

Plus one on the checking out of Chewing Gum, it's awesome!

You'll find her older stuff ('Selfies', 'Stay Out', 'Way In The World' and 'Don't Stop') quite different, but she's a talent.

Going slightly back, just bought Joanne, and John Wayne is a definite highlight!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby SilentDream » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:33 am

king_oxymoron wrote:Plus one on the checking out of Chewing Gum, it's awesome!

You'll find her older stuff ('Selfies', 'Stay Out', 'Way In The World' and 'Don't Stop') quite different, but she's a talent.

Going slightly back, just bought Joanne, and John Wayne is a definite highlight!
I'm glad that you like it. :D

Thanks for your opinion. I will check out her older songs soon. :)

That's great, because not many people think that "John Wayne" is one of the highlights on "Joanne", but in my opinion it definitely is. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Tansike » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:13 am

Wow, didn't expect to see Delta's track in your Top10, but that's awesome! Definitely a highlight of her album, and i'd consider her album also as one of the better ones of 2016. I hope you'll enjoy her previous albums when you check them out, i just had two Delta-days yesterday and on thursday and checked all previous albums out; they're all really good! :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:43 pm

Tansike wrote:Wow, didn't expect to see Delta's track in your Top10, but that's awesome! Definitely a highlight of her album, and i'd consider her album also as one of the better ones of 2016. I hope you'll enjoy her previous albums when you check them out, i just had two Delta-days yesterday and on thursday and checked all previous albums out; they're all really good! :)
I'm glad that you like the song. :)
It's great to hear that her previous albums are good as well. I'll check them out soon. :D
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:31 pm

The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:53 pm

The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby heppolo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:14 pm

I've enjoyed both JONES and Banks this year
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:33 pm

heppolo wrote:I've enjoyed both JONES and Banks this year
It's great to hear that. :) Unfortunately, both of them are underrated. :(
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Tansike » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:32 pm

While i agree that Banks deserves a lot more success than she gets, i still think "The Altar" is much weaker than "Goddess". It's still quite good though, and i really like "Mother Earth".

Also great to see "Imaginary Friend", great pop tune of a great pop album :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:25 am

Tansike wrote:While i agree that Banks deserves a lot more success than she gets, i still think "The Altar" is much weaker than "Goddess". It's still quite good though, and i really like "Mother Earth".

Also great to see "Imaginary Friend", great pop tune of a great pop album :)
"Goddess" might have better highlights, but I think that it also has more weak songs. In my opinion, "The Altar" is overall a better album, because there are almost no weak songs on it. :)

I'm glad that you like it. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby JimJim » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:03 am

Yasss, 'The River' is awesome.

I like 'Higher', but I think 'Cry' is the best song on the Emotion Side B EP.

'Lost on You' is alright, I just find it way too repetitive.
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby SilentDream » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:29 pm

JimJim wrote:Yasss, 'The River' is awesome.

I like 'Higher', but I think 'Cry' is the best song on the Emotion Side B EP.

'Lost on You' is alright, I just find it way too repetitive.
I'm glad that you like it. :D

"Cry" is a nice song as well, but I prefer "Higher". :)

It's a shame that you don't like "Lost on You" as much as I do, but at least you don't hate it. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Postby SilentDream » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:53 pm

The last two songs will be revealed in a few minutes. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
SilentDream
Manager

Return to Year End Personal Charts