SilentDream's Top 20 Songs of 2016 (FINISHED)

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

 

Postby SilentDream » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:11 pm

Image
    Image
Image
    Image

I hope that you enjoyed this countdown. Thank you for all the comments. :)

Next time I will do a longer countdown. I had a little problem with this countdown - since it was only a Top 20 countdown I decided to choose only one song per artist in order to bring more diversity in this countdown. I thought that it would be boring if the same artists would appear over and over again in such a short countdown.

Well, the problem with that decision: There are several songs that are not part of this Top 20, even though they would've deserved it more than other songs - so this countdown should rather be seen as "SilentDream's Top 20 Songs of 2016 if he only chooses one song per artist". :lol:

Nevertheless, I love all the 20 songs that were part of this countdown, so I guess that it's not a big problem. :)
Last edited by SilentDream on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
User avatar
SilentDream
Manager
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014
Location: Austria

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:14 pm

John Wayne is very catchy, one of my faves from the album, Me Too is a guilty pleasure. :D
User avatar
CrazyCrazy
Legend
 
Posts: 53170
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008
Location: UK

Postby SilentDream » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:23 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:John Wayne is very catchy, one of my faves from the album, Me Too is a guilty pleasure. :D
Yes, it's true that "John Wayne" is catchy. :D I'm glad that you like it. :)

I know a lot of people who say that "Me Too" is a guilty pleasure for them, so it seems to be a popular guilty pleasure. :D
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
User avatar
SilentDream
Manager
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014
Location: Austria

Postby SilentDream » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:28 pm

I just realized that after 2017 had started I kept writing "this year" in the descriptions of the songs, even though I was referring to 2016. Of course it should be "last year" then. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
User avatar
SilentDream
Manager
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014
Location: Austria

Postby king_oxymoron » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:59 am

Wow, I have to say if someone said one of the Foxes album tracks was going to be in a year end top 2, I would never have put my money on... well, Money!

I do like it, as you say pretty much all of that album is awesome, but it's not at the very top of the album for me. Still a tune though... as is Me Too... catchy as sin!
User avatar
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides
 
Posts: 36707
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003
Location: Just alone with my thoughts...

Postby SilentDream » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:30 am

king_oxymoron wrote:Wow, I have to say if someone said one of the Foxes album tracks was going to be in a year end top 2, I would never have put my money on... well, Money!

I do like it, as you say pretty much all of that album is awesome, but it's not at the very top of the album for me. Still a tune though... as is Me Too... catchy as sin!
I know that I'm probably the only one who thinks that "Money" is the highlight on Foxes' second album, but I'm glad that you like it as well. Of course "All I Need" offers many other great songs as well, apart from "Money". :)

Yeah, "Me Too" is very catchy. :D
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
User avatar
SilentDream
Manager
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014
Location: Austria

Postby MrRager » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:34 am

Awesome to see Allie X and Nina Nesbitt on your chart!!

Your no.1 is tragic though. :lol:
#Pray4AL6
User avatar
MrRager
Legend
 
Posts: 17581
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009
Location: Manaus

Postby SilentDream » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:36 pm

MrRager wrote:Awesome to see Allie X and Nina Nesbitt on your chart!!

Your no.1 is tragic though. :lol:
I'm glad that you like them. :)

Don't pretend to hate "Me Too" just because you wanted "Mom" to be my number one. :lol:
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
User avatar
SilentDream
Manager
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014
Location: Austria

Postby Tansike » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Shocking #1!

Not because i don't like it, more because it's so unexpected :o But i love it! "Me Too" is my favorite single by Meghan by far so far, it's such a guilty pleasure and deserved to be much, much bigger than it was. It's probably only second of her songs overall, as "Kindly Calm Me Down" is her best one for me.

"Money" is a great song so definitely not a bad #2. Another underrated artist...

Great countdown! :)
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 40009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby SilentDream » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Tansike wrote:Shocking #1!

Not because i don't like it, more because it's so unexpected :o But i love it! "Me Too" is my favorite single by Meghan by far so far, it's such a guilty pleasure and deserved to be much, much bigger than it was. It's probably only second of her songs overall, as "Kindly Calm Me Down" is her best one for me.

"Money" is a great song so definitely not a bad #2. Another underrated artist...

Great countdown! :)
Why is it unexpected? I thought that you already knew that I loved "Me Too" (and Meghan's music in general). :D I agree with you - it's a shame that it wasn't a bigger hit. "Kindly Calm Me Down" is amazing as well and I also think it's one of the highlights on Meghan's second album. :)

It's great to hear that you like "Money" as well. :) I hope that Foxes will gain more success in the future. She deserves it.

I'm glad that you enjoyed my countdown. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
User avatar
SilentDream
Manager
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014
Location: Austria

Postby Tansike » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:55 am

I knew you like it a lot but it seems so underrated, and there are more people who dislike it than liking it, so #1 is still kinda unexpected because i've never seen this so high on any countdown. But it's great, it's her best single for me to date so i don't want to complain obviously :)
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 40009
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby MrRager » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:59 am

SilentDream wrote:
MrRager wrote:Awesome to see Allie X and Nina Nesbitt on your chart!!

Your no.1 is tragic though. :lol:
I'm glad that you like them. :)

Don't pretend to hate "Me Too" just because you wanted "Mom" to be my number one. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I was actually going to write "Where is Mom"
#Pray4AL6
User avatar
MrRager
Legend
 
Posts: 17581
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009
Location: Manaus

Postby SilentDream » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:38 am

MrRager wrote:
SilentDream wrote:
MrRager wrote:Awesome to see Allie X and Nina Nesbitt on your chart!!

Your no.1 is tragic though. :lol:
I'm glad that you like them. :)

Don't pretend to hate "Me Too" just because you wanted "Mom" to be my number one. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I was actually going to write "Where is Mom"
You wouldn't even find it in her mom's Year End Charts. :lol:
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
User avatar
SilentDream
Manager
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014
Location: Austria

Postby cdschart » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:08 pm

I like every song in your top 10 to some extent except your No. 1 -- sorry :lol:
User avatar
cdschart
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016

Postby SilentDream » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:10 pm

cdschart wrote:I like every song in your top 10 to some extent except your No. 1 -- sorry :lol:
That's okay. :lol: I'm actually surprised that my number one didn't receive as much hate as I had expected. I'm glad that you like the other songs. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
User avatar
SilentDream
Manager
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014
Location: Austria

Postby Phoenixx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Amazing to see Lost On You in the Top-10
User avatar
Phoenixx
Purpose
 
Posts: 14190
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012
Location: Germany

Postby SilentDream » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Phoenixx wrote:Amazing to see Lost On You in the Top-10
Yes, "Lost on You" is an amazing song. It's great to hear that you like it as well. :)
The Fourth Wall
#T4W
User avatar
SilentDream
Manager
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014
Location: Austria

Postby Phoenixx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:52 pm

SilentDream wrote:
Phoenixx wrote:Amazing to see Lost On You in the Top-10
Yes, "Lost on You" is an amazing song. It's great to hear that you like it as well. :)
sure 8-) :)
User avatar
Phoenixx
Purpose
 
Posts: 14190
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012
Location: Germany

Return to Year End Personal Charts