Zoran's ALBUMS top 20 of 2016 - #2

Moderators: tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:41 am

#3 David Bowie - ★

This way or no way
You know I'll be free
Just like that bluebird
Now, ain't that just like me?

The first album of 2016 that I listened to, Blackstar sounded to me like an excellent album right from the get-go. However, the fact that the day after I had first listened to it Bowie "unexpectedly" died elevated the record to a whole new dimension. Seen in this context (and it's impossible not to do that), Blackstar is Bowie's artistic testament. It is full of omens of his imminent death and reflections about his past and his art, so much that it almost becomes unbearable to listen to, because of all the deep emotions poured into it. It's a transcendental experience that is not divine but artistic, and it will surely be regarded as one of the best albums of the decade and century, and deservedly so.

Must listen: THE WHOLE DARN THING

ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:43 am

KokoCollino wrote:^ OMG baby :cry:

Didn't expect "Glory" to smash THAT hard here!

Shura is awesome. I think you are the reason why I discovered her :D
I've always been a Brinty fan! :D a bit in the closet perhaps, but yeah I do love her a lot.

And I'm so glad you liked Shura! :D
ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby ArmyOfMe » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:24 pm

#2 Crystal Castles - AMNESTY (I)

Deny the preconceived
For the preordained
We no longer grieve
For nothing is concrete

AMNESTY (I) is Crystal Castles' fourth album, the first since Alice Glass' traumatic departure from the role of vocalist of the group. Here she is replaced by young Edith Frances, who proves here that she can carry the legacy of the group without problems. She shows that she's not afraid of doing her own thing, rather than just being a carbon-copy of Alice: her vocals are softer and sweeter, and there I say it, even better. As far as the music is concerned, Ethan Kath's instrumental are as awesome as ever: it's not a departure from their usual sound, although some songs see them going deeper into the trance music territory, something they still hadn't tried before. The songs are bold, powerful and disturbing, often based on themes like human prevarications and psychological traumas, and despite what the naysayers may say, prove that CC are alive and well.

Must listen: Femen, Char, Enth, Sadist, Chloroform, Frail, Concrete, Ornament, Kept, Their Kindness Is Charade

ArmyOfMe
Superstar

Postby Biebz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Love Char. Never got round to checking the album out though
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Carbon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Char is kinda nice, already much more to my tastes than anything from (III). Edith's voice is also nicer than Alice's. will get around to checking this album
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:30 pm

wow you're really keeping us in suspense :lol:
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.

last.fm