Don't remind me!
phoenix98 wrote:Ah, yeah, I've always found opening up to friends about it so much easier than family - granted, I wouldn't typically turn to my family to discuss any deeply personal matters (not just sexuality.) The older/old-fashioned they get, the more awkward it can get. Is your uncle still with us? Does he know now? I'm sure any waiter (or any man, really) would be chuffed to bits to hear that from you, though...
Actually i've always had a good relationship with my mum so she's always been a great help. My aunty has always been there for me too. As for my uncle, i rarely saw him anyways only at family events (wedding, christening, first holy communion, etc) but i never told him direct, but i'm sure my aunty must've told him. He died in 2012 and even though he weren't close i still felt upset but i know more of that was because of my aunty.
LOL, well if i went up a cute straight
guy and said "you're so gorgeous" i don't know how that would go down.
Depends on the boy, some might just laugh nervously whilst others might get really defensive and start shouting and making a fist. Of course whenever guys do the latter, they're revealing a lot more about themselves than they realise.
OUCH! Is that a harsh commentary on Charlie's bod - as in, if I think he looks good shirtless, I must think just about ANY guy looks good shirtless?
I do have a lot of admiration for a (well-maintained) male form, that's for sure, and I'd say both Shawn + Charlie fit the bill quite nicely! I think male beauty can come in a decent variety of shapes and sizes, though, not just the cliché "he must be at least 6 feet tall, 6-pack minimum (8-pack preferred), always tan, always waxed within an inch of his life..."
Ohh no, i was joking!
Charlie is cute but i dunno, i don't find him "sexy" similarly like Shawn. LOL male beauty in different shapes and sizes, eh? Yes, i know what you mean!
Ohh i've never been one for the tanned look. I find guys who wear fake tan really off putting for some reason. If boys have pasty pale skin, they should just embrace it. Some guys can go overboard, i remember seeing a girl who had gone way ott with the fake tan to the point she looked orange. It's just wrong!
phoenix98 wrote:You'd think highlighting the chorus would be the safest/most obvious way to go for...pretty much every song. Considering that iTunes previews are now 1min30, they should be able to fit at least one verse AND the chorus! Some tracks do have epic intros, no doubt, but sticking with the chorus is surely the simplest way to go when you're trying to give people a taste.
LOL funny you mention that as the iTunes preview for Still falling for you
did start from the first chorus, but because it didn't lead me to that moment in the song, it just seemed jarring the way the chorus starts when isolated. That's why i like to hear songs in full so i can really get into the song and then if i'm impressed i can buy the track on iTunes.
Ha, that's pretty strict! The dancers aren't even topless, are they? Glad that censorship didn't hinder your love for the track at all!
LOL well i watch music videos more on YouTube anyways. Like i say, music channels are great in the morning whilst i'm eating my breakfast just to have some music on in the background. It beats putting the radio on and hearing the dj loving the sound of their voice and refusing to shut up and play a song.
phoenix98 wrote:That's some high praise indeed! "Can't Feel My Face" is pretty untouchable in my eyes/ears, but "I Feel It Coming" would certainly get the runner-up prize!
I'd say Can't feel my face
are about on par with each other but I feel it coming
had had such an incredible impact on me.
"Blame" is one of Calvin's offerings that never really caught my attention - I do have it in my iTunes Library, though, so I should re-visit it sometime! Apart from TIWYCF, his other biggest Paulboard hits have been "I Need Your Love", "We'll Be Coming Back", "Sweet Nothing", and "Outside" (a lot of Ellie, not too shockingly!)
Ahh ok, i wasn't doing a chart when I need you love
was out but i loved that song so that would've been a #1 for sure if i'd done a chart. I really liked Outside
that got to #4 in my chart.
• "Into You" just might be the track with the best track record across all the UKMIX Year-End Countdowns, and I've got NO problem with that
I would've loved if it could've swapped success stories with STS (or, even better - if they could've been equally big), but at least it managed a Top 20 peak in both the UK and US. Such a sexy, sensational stunner.
• Although I've yet to get hooked on a twenty one pilots single, their explosive success last year was definitely fascinating to behold: an act that had been around for 5+ years and never even cracked the Hot 100 Top 40 suddenly racked up three Top 5's within the space of a year! Kudos to them, for sure! #dreamsdocometrue
• Your description of CSTF is totally spot-on: such an uplifting, smile-inducing, feel-good jam! I really welcomed Justin's return to straightforward pop with open arms.
• Ah, I totally forgot that Beyoncé is actually uncredited on "Hymn For The Weekend", especially since so many reviews (appropriately) highlight her contribution to the track! I've never been a massive Coldplay fan, but this pairing (credited or not) worked out quite well indeed.
• You're definitely not alone in your assessment of Hailee, since "Starving" became her biggest hit by far...everywhere, I think? Speaking of, its explosion across official charts last fall was really exciting (and unexpected!) I might have more love for "Love Myself" and "Rock Bottom" than you, but we (and the world) clearly agree that "Starving" was her strongest offering to date! Really glad that you got into it, and really glad to see it inside your Top 10!
• "I Took A Pill..." is another example where an artist unexpectedly managed to out-do their previous high...except it took Mike a LOT longer than Hailee
Although I do like "Cooler Than Me", and some of his forgotten offerings inbetween, this track is an especially deserving candidate to go down in history as his "signature song." Catchy, with a lot more depth/introspection than you'd expect in such a massive mainstream hit!
• Glad to see that "Rather Be" still takes the cake when it comes to your Clean Bandit faves, but "Rockabye" is certainly another interesting offering from them! It's been especially impressive to watch it hang onto that UK singles chart crown week after week after week (including the coveted Christmas No. 1!)
• If memory serves, I'm pretty sure "Secret Love Song" was No. 1 the first time I ever checked out your weekly chart, and I think seeing it on top was a big part of why I decided to comment! It's a truly gorgeous track, and the LGBT hidden-romance-undertones just give us all the more to appreciate about it.
• Ha, I remember there being some uncertainty about those leaked lyrics around UKMIX due to their explicit nature - but they proved to be true, and SOTME proved to be an epic power-pop anthem! Like you said, it was such a perfect way to kick off the Glory
era, and even after hearing the album in full, it still truly stands apart.
REALLY strong start to your Top 10 so far, Jake! My feelings for "Rockabye" might only be lukewarm, but I truly love everything else!
is sensational, if more than likely would've been a #1 hit for me had it not been for Justin Timberlake releasing the same week. The way the UK charts were stagnant in 2016, i even thought getting to #40 was an achievement so getting top 20 was even moreso.
I wonder what it was that propelled twenty one pilots. Maybe their success impacted other people the same as me, so i wasn't that familiar with them but i'm sure i'd heard of them at some point. Stressed out
became such a massive hit in America, that made people like me curious so having watched the music video really enjoyed the song and maybe even though the video was cute (i love the way they're acting like two 10 year old boys in the video
), and maybe that was all that was needed to get people taking more notice of them.
Yes, i totally welcome more pure pop from Justin Timberlake. Although i wouldn't mind another Sexyback
or Rock your body
, i loved those two songs so much.
I wonder why Beyonce wasn't credited because i'm sure people were already starting rumours before the album release, so some people out there knew about it. Maybe it was at the request of Beyonce herself.
LOL yes, Starving
was definitely Hailee's biggest hit in the UK. Maybe my tastes in music are inadvertently representing the music the people in general are getting into. Imagine that...
I was gonna mention the lyrics in my commentary for Mike Posner but couldn't get the words right without it starting to look like an essay!
So i scrapped that idea but i agree so much, the lyrical element definitely made I took a pill in Ibiza
stand out so much.Rather be
would rank high in my all time favourite songs list, and whilst i love Rockabye
i know there are many songs over a number of years that would be ranked higher. Rockabye
has done incredibly well "in 2016".
Ohh maybe that is true, i never even picked up on that. But how amazing is Secret love song
? I always say if a song spends 4+ weeks at #1 in my chart then you know just how much i love that song.
Haha yes, i refused to believe those lyrics when they first ranked but they were correct and it paved the way for a Little Mix pop masterpiece.
Still, not quite up there with Black magic
which i'd say is my absolute favourite single the girls have done.