• "Cold Water" left me a bit...well...cold
I was on-board with all of the Purpose
singles, and I definitely got hooked on "Let Me Love You", but something about this particular Bieber offering just didn't click with me in the same way. Maybe I just set my expectations too high?
• "Make Me..." was a pretty pleasant surprise from Brit - a refreshing shift away from all the EDM she'd been serving us in the 2010's, and I've already played it more than "Work Bitch."
• I typically prefer Rihanna ft. Drake to Drake ft. Rihanna, but "Too Good" is probably my favorite example of the latter.
• I've been sold on Ari since "The Way", and "Into You" is definitely one of the highlights on DW
and definitely one of the highlights of 2016. It just might be the track with the best track record across all UKMIX Year-End Countdowns, and deservedly so!
• Zayn's always been far-and-away my favorite member of 1D looks-wise (and probably voice-wise too, for that matter), but his solo offerings haven't charmed me quite as much. I liked "Pillowtalk", but I preferred "Like I Would."
• As much as I applaud Sia for what she did with the video for "The Greatest", the track itself just doesn't quite do for it me (even though I LOVED the similar-sounding "Cheap Thrills.")