Tansike's Year-End Charts 2017 - Finished

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Tansike » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:10 pm

JSparksFan wrote:"Get Low" is great! I agree that it should've been a much bigger hit.
YES! Underrated bop :cry:

Blondini wrote:Amy Lee completely lost me this year. :cry:
*i've not unsubscribed but i'm this close...*

I like Marina Kaye, as usual.
Aww :( Very sad to hear this! I thought "Speak To Me" was very beautiful :(

That's nice to hear! :D

UKMusicLova wrote:'I Would Like' is a banger!
Agree! Glad you like it as well :)

SummerPeur wrote:annnndddddd there he is again :D

94. Zedd & Liam Payne – Get Low
EPIC tune. Deserved so much for success. They really made a gem and I'm surprised it turned out so well.

91. Kristian Kostov – Beautiful Mess
Went and listened to this song.....and ITS AH-MAZ-INGGGGG 8-)
Very happy you also enjoy "Get Low". Still can't believe it wasn't a hit :cry:

Also glad you checked out "Beautiful Mess" and liked it! A highlight of this years ESC 8-)
Tansike
Legend

Postby BageTheLaVie » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:08 am

Ain't My Fault is a highlight for sure.
2017 will be known as the year I got into Eurovision so I'll give it a mention. It is memorable.
Most weeks at #1: Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You
Highest peaking classical music piece: Beethoven - Ode to Joy
BageTheLaVie
Groupie

Postby Tansike » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:49 am

BageTheLaVie wrote:Ain't My Fault is a highlight for sure.
2017 will be known as the year I got into Eurovision so I'll give it a mention. It is memorable.
That's amazing! I'm always looking so forward to the ESC week every year <3
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:03 am

S I N G L E S . . Y E A R - E N D . . C H A R T S . . 2 0 1 7

90. Loreen & Elliphant – Jungle
Chartrun: *10*-20-22-11-13-17-24-32-39-40-Out / 10w
Certification: -
Loreen teamed up with fellow Swedish musician Elliphant on her second “Nude”-single “Jungle”. Despite peaking only at #10 on the weekly chart, which was a new all time low at this point for Loreen, the song still managed to hang on longer than previous single “Body”. Great pop track. Audio
89. Eluveitie – Rebirth
Chartrun: 5-*3*-6-13-17-24-36-Out / 7w
After releasing an acoustic work in the middle of 2017, the Swiss folk-metal band Eluveitie already released the first single of their upcoming new metal album in late 2017 in the form of “Rebirth”, which is actually everything that fans of this genre could imagine. Folk elements, clear vocals from a woman, growls from a man, guitar solo, flutes, a hurdy-gurdy, a lot of head-banging and still being a catchy tune. Music Video
88. Fifth Harmony feat. Gucci Mane – Down
Chartrun: *13*-14-20-22-21-24-28-39-Out-RE 29-26-32-Out / 11w
It doesn’t happen too often that a song misses the weekly Top10 but still manages to get a spot on the Year-End Charts, but in 2017, a few actually did it, with “Down” by Fifth Harmony and Gucci Mane being one of them. This catchy urban-bop may be a little copy of their own “Work From Home”, but it still bops. Their best single in 2017. Music Video
87. Lorde – Green Light
Chartrun: *6*-16-37-Out-RE 22-12-11-18-27-35-Out / 9w
Lorde returned to the charts in 2017 with her second album “Melodrama”, which has spawned three singles so far. “Green Light” was the first and most successful one so far. The others were “Perfect Places” and “Homemade Dynamite”, which made it to #114 and #112 on the bubbling under chart. Music Video
86. Kygo & Selena Gomez – It Ain’t Me
Chartrun: *1*-3-9-19-28-33-31-28-32-Out / 9w
The first weekly number one hit on the Year-End Charts is “It Ain’t Me”, the surprising collaboration of Norwegian DJ/Producer Kygo and former Disney cutie Selena Gomez. This collaboration definitely came out of nowhere back when it got announced, and I still remember so well how I waited impatiently for this to get released, only to be impressed by how well it performed. It’s Selena’s biggest hit in Europe to date. No surprise though, as it’s a catchy, modern dance-song. Already Kygo’s last appearance on the countdown, while Selena’s first of four. Music Video
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:04 am

85. Lady GaGa – John Wayne
Chartrun: *1*-4-8-12-21-30-32-35-Out / 8w
Was it a single or not? We probably will never find it out, but Lady GaGa has released a video for “John Wayne” in 2017, which was enough for me to let this song onto my weekly chart. It may be not a highlight on “Joanne”, but it’s still a catchy tune from her, and the video was finally a strong one from her again. Music Video
84. Zara Larsson – Don’t Let Me Be Yours
Chartrun: *13*-26-40-37-31-24-20-23-27-36-Out-RE 13-20-37-Out / 13w
Already Zara’s second appearance, and definitely not her last. “Don’t Let Me Be Yours” was the seventh single of “So Good”. It’s her only song from the album which didn’t make it onto my weekly Top10, however it still showed great longevity, peaking at #13 in its debut week and re-peaked there a few months later due to a concert effect. This Ed Sheeran-written pop song is way too catchy and should have been another hit for her. Music Video
83. Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
Chartrun: 10-19-35-Out-RE 12-14-*9*-16-25-Out / 8w
Being released as a promo single at first and later being picked as the second official single of her newest album, “Tell Me You Love Me” is Demi’s only appearance on the Year-End Charts 2017. This ballad is typical Demi; strong vocals and a good melody. Personally, it’s even the highlight of her album, which turned out stronger than expected. Official Video
82. Tarja with Alissa White-Gluz – Demons In You
Chartrun in 2016: *1*-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-2-3-5- / 11w
Chartrun in 2017: 8-7-11-15-16-21-27-25-30-Out / 9w
Certification: PLATINUM
Ranking in the YEC 2016: #10
A contender for the number one spot on the Year-End Charts 2016, and still in the Top100 on the Year-End Charts 2017. “Demons In You” was a single of Tarja’s latest rock album “The Shadow Self” and a highlight from the start, so my joy about it being a single was so incredibly huge. With seven weeks on top, it’s Tarja’s longest running number one single by far, however, it still only spent 20 weeks in total on the Singles Top40. Audio
81. Lindsey Stirling feat. Becky G – Christmas C’mon
Chartrun: 5-*2*-3-3-3- / 5w
Lindsey’s Christmas single “Christmas C’mon” closes this batch. Being still very current, this song has spent its entire chart life in the weekly Top5 so far, but will most likely be vanished pretty soon as the festive season is over now. A very sweet original song with a just as sweet video.
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:08 am

82. Tarja with Alissa White-Gluz – Demons In You
Good combo, it really delivered.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:35 pm

Demi is the only real highlight out of these songs. (some I still don’t know).

Surprised to see john Wayne chart anywhere. One of her worst songs alongside GUY.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Magnus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:16 pm

Interesting with the scoring change for older songs! So this will affect even "Spirit Animal" despite being released so late last year?

I'm not a big fan of the points system though, I think it gives too little difference between the #1 and #2 (just 2.6%) and hugely too big between #39 and #40 (100%). I haven't checked in detail how much this will affect the result in practice.

Nice presentation with the Genre Highlights and ecpecially nice to see Aly & AJ and Astrid S there!

My top favourites (songs having a good chance to chart in my own YEC top 200, or already did so in 2015-2016) from the first bubbling under batch:
383. Beatrice Egli Herz an
377. Levina Perfect Life
376. Demy This Is Love
362. Martina Stoessel Got Me Started
341. Jana Burčeska Dance Alone
330. Koit Toome & Laura Verona
295. Taylor Swift Call It What You Want
255. Taylor Swift Gorgeous
And from the second:
246. Carrie Underwood Church Bells
236. My Indigo Out Of The Darkness
212. Emmelie De Forest Sanctuary
205. Candi Carpenter Burn The Bed
199. Anja Where I Am
189. Lauren Alaina Road Less Traveled
180. Aly & AJ Take Me
167. Ariadne Feel Me Now
159. Timebelle Apollo
148. Svala Paper
141. Astrid S Think Before I Talk
126. Nina Kraljic Snijeg
119. RaeLynn Love Triangle
104. Carly Rae Jepsen Cut To The Feeling
And from the Top 100 so far:
96. Marina Kaye – Merci quand même
92. Dihaj – Skeletons
Looking forward to following the rest of the countdown, although after following your chart during the year there probably won't be any huge surprises..,
Magnus
Manager

Postby Carbon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:21 pm

John Wayne was cute, an homage to ''fun Gaga'' kind of, but much like the rest of Joanne, it grew off me quickly

Demi's song is great, one of the few useable songs from that album
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Blondini » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Green Light is great. Maybe Lorde's best.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby luckyONE » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:50 pm

Lorde's definitely my biggest disappointment of the year. I really loved the "pure heroine" album but actually nothing really on "Melodrama" clicked with me.

But good to see "It Ain't Me" in your Top 100. I like that song! :D
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby king_oxymoron » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:37 am

Lorde and Demi are definitely my standouts here, Demi delivered a really good album and that is a really strong title track.. Lorde was such a surprise but a completely great one.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Tansike » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:03 pm

heppolo wrote:82. Tarja with Alissa White-Gluz – Demons In You
Good combo, it really delivered.
Definitely! Still love to listen to this every now and then. Definitely Tarja's best single in ages! :D

SummerPeur wrote:Demi is the only real highlight out of these songs. (some I still don’t know).

Surprised to see john Wayne chart anywhere. One of her worst songs alongside GUY.
Glad you enjoy Demi :)

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Okay, i forgive you, because you're so cute. But "GUY" was dance pop at its best IMO :oops:

Magnus wrote:Interesting with the scoring change for older songs! So this will affect even "Spirit Animal" despite being released so late last year?

I'm not a big fan of the points system though, I think it gives too little difference between the #1 and #2 (just 2.6%) and hugely too big between #39 and #40 (100%). I haven't checked in detail how much this will affect the result in practice.

Nice presentation with the Genre Highlights and ecpecially nice to see Aly & AJ and Astrid S there!
Ha, you're good! Yes, it DOES affect "Spirit Animal" :wink:

I'm also not the biggest fan of the points system, but it's what worked the best for me for several years now. I already tried to include plays, or only plays, but it didn't work. And putting everything together the way i want (= how i like the songs) is simply too much of work for me. Also, it never happened that i was unhappy with the end result so far, except a very few songs in the Top100 every year, but i'd say 95% of the tracks are at the places they deserve, so it's all fine.

Thank you!
Here's hope Astrid S will release an album in 2018, as i would love to hear that.

Magnus wrote:My top favourites (songs having a good chance to chart in my own YEC top 200, or already did so in 2015-2016) from the first bubbling under batch:

And from the second:
104. Carly Rae Jepsen Cut To The Feeling
Oh damn, i didn't see that mistake for Carly - thanks for pointing it out!
I just copy & paste the lists from my YTD/YEC-Excel, so there are probably a very few other mistakes (i tried to clean it up as good as possible though).
Nice to see there are a few tracks you enjoyed in 2017 :D

Magnus wrote:And from the Top 100 so far:
96. Marina Kaye – Merci quand même
92. Dihaj – Skeletons
Looking forward to following the rest of the countdown, although after following your chart during the year there probably won't be any huge surprises..,
Glad you enjoy this from the countdown so far!
You still haven't checked out Demi's new album?

I still hope there are a few (good) surprises left for you :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Carbon wrote:John Wayne was cute, an homage to ''fun Gaga'' kind of, but much like the rest of Joanne, it grew off me quickly

Demi's song is great, one of the few useable songs from that album
It really was, a shame it grew off you quickly. Let's hope her next release will have a better impact on you :)

It's my highlight, but i actually enjoy the whole album (except SNS) :oops:

Blondini wrote:Green Light is great. Maybe Lorde's best.
Yes! :D Shame that it wasn't a bigger hit for her :(

luckyONE wrote:Lorde's definitely my biggest disappointment of the year. I really loved the "pure heroine" album but actually nothing really on "Melodrama" clicked with me.

But good to see "It Ain't Me" in your Top 100. I like that song! :D
Oh really?! That's sad to hear :( It's the opposite with me, "Pure Heroine" never clicked with me while i absolutely love "Melodrama". One of the best albums of 2017 for me :o

Glad you enjoy that one :D

king_oxymoron wrote:Lorde and Demi are definitely my standouts here, Demi delivered a really good album and that is a really strong title track.. Lorde was such a surprise but a completely great one.
Two great picks! I really hope Demi's song can be a hit for her in 2018, as it's my favorite song of the album. Agree about Lorde :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:20 pm

80. Imagine Dragons – Believer
Chartrun: *13*-21-29-28-31-32-Out-RE 20-16-19-24-32-37-Out / 12w
“Believer” was released as the lead single of Imagine Dragon’s third album “Evolve”, and while its start was another underperformance, it turned out to be a big hit for them in 2017. I’d say it’s typical Imagine Dragons, and was definitely a great return for them. Music Video
79. David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne – Light My Body Up
Chartrun: 13-18-21-6-*5*-11-23-Out / 7w
While David Guetta kept on releasing several singles in 2017, none of them really got my attention, except “Light My Body Up”. Despite this being a huge flop on the charts, I think it’s David’s best work since “What I Did For Love”. Nicki’s parts are really strong, especially the chorus, while Lil Wayne also delivered a surprisingly good verse. Music Video
78. Halsey – Bad At Love
Chartrun: *8*-12-19-37-Out-RE 34-29-18-19-21-22- / 10w
Halsey knows how to create Alternative-Pop tunes, and 2017 was her best year ever with releasing the brilliant “hopeless fountain kingdom”. “Bat At Love” served as the second single and became her first Top10 hit on the Billboard Top100 as a lead artist. Not her last entry on my countdown. Music Video
77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
Chartrun: 22-14-*12*-12-15-18-23-27-34-Out / 9w
Former Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello tried to do it solo in 2017, and while everyone was crazy about her “Havana”, it was “Crying In The Club” which got the most of my attention. It’s a nice, catchy dance-pop tune. Music Video
76. Little Mix – Touch
Chartrun: 10-3-*2*-6-12-23-35-Out / 7w
From one X Factor artist to another. Little Mix failed to get a real hit on my charts until they dropped “Touch” as a single of their latest release “Glory Days”. This is a nearly perfect pop track and should have been their real worldwide breakthrough. Music Video
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:21 pm

75. Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
Chartrun: *3*-9-16-21-30-Out-RE 30-23-22-25-34-Out /10w
2017 was a bad year for many artists who used to get #1s on my weekly charts easily, and Miley Cyrus was one of them. “Younger Now” is far away from being weak, however, it still became her first song not to peak atop my weekly singles charts. Following the album release, I re-discovered this song and now I think it’s actually one of the better pop songs of the year. Music Video
74. Arch Enemy – The Eagle Flies Alone
Chartrun: 38-Out-RE 31-*1*-2-5-8-15-28-Out / 8w
Probably the ‘hardest’ song to ever reach the top spot on my weekly chart is “The Eagle Flies Alone”, the second single of Arch Enemy’s latest album “Will To Power”. This heavy metal tune is definitely not a thing for everyone, however, it’s still quite catchy and Alissa’s growls are simply brilliant on this. Music Video
73. Ariana Grande feat. Future – Everyday
Chartrun: *3*-9-18-23-20-31-Out-RE 20-23-25-37-Out / 10w
“Everyday” served as the final single of Ariana’s third studio album “Dangerous Woman” and became a success at the beginning of the year. A strong Urban-Pop-Tune with a great video. Music Video
72. My Indigo – My Indigo
Chartrun: *2*-4-5-7-10-11- / 6w
Within Temptation frontwoman Sharon Den Adel decided to go solo at the end of 2017 under the name ‘My Indigo’, and the self-titled song was the first release. Her voice was always one of my most favorite voices in the business, and it really works well with this folk-influenced pop song. Definitely a project to look forward to in 2018. Music Video
71. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
Chartrun: 14-6-*4*-4-9-16-27-Out / 7w
Hailee Steinfeld keeps on releasing random collabos. After “Starving”, “Let Me Go” was her hit in 2017 and I’m still not sure what watt did on this, and even Florida Georgia Line’s parts were not really necessary in my opinion. Still, this was quite a bop and one of those songs you really have to sing along when it’s on. Music Video
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:30 pm

80. Imagine Dragons – Believer

The music video was a big elaborate pun...Imagine Ivan Drago
heppolo
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:18 pm

Everyday from the second batch is cute, but I much prefer the first. Crying, Touch, Light My Body Up and Believer are all good, though only one charted for me (in Touch's case I charted it last year though)
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Blondini » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Touch is great but Nothing Else Matters (a former grat currently promoted by a tour video) is "more" perfect.
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:13 pm

"Green Light" is fantastic. It was a hugely pleasant surprise from Lorde, with one of the biggest and catchiest choruses of the year. "It Ain't Me" grew on me a bit, but it isn't one of my favourite Selena singles.

"John Wayne" was one of the most 'Gaga' moments on Joanne. I liked its video, though the song itself isn't among the top Joanne tracks for me. "Tell Me You Love Me" is okay. I really like its video thanks to the appearance from the gorgeous Jesse Williams. :oops:

"Believer" is good, but ID had better this era. "Light My Body Up" was a solid moment for both Guetta and Nicki. "Bad at Love" is okay but forgettable; "Crying in the Club" is one of the best dance-pop songs of the year. "Touch" isn't anything special, but Little Mix never release a song I absolutely dislike; at worst, their music is just bland.

"Younger Now" is okay, but I hated the direction Miley went this year. After "Malibu," everything was tragic. I forgot "Everyday" was even a single. "Let Me Go" wasn't bad from what I remember of it.
Aretha Franklin was an angel. Her voice helped lift our spirits and at times gave us the soundtrack to cope with our pain.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:20 pm

77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Stall
I just can't get into Camila at all either. Her songs are just so cringe, and I feel like she is trying to be someone she isn't.

Light My Body Up is a JAM! I was also surprised it really didn't go anywhere and wasn't huge. I feel like people are over Guetta for some reason...... Some of his major flare is gone, but he still knows how to put together an amazing tune.

Obsessed with this song when it got released, and still sorta am. Such a great gym/running song (for me at least). I hope her next album has a few of these types of songs in there.

75. Miley Cyrus – Less Successful Now
Give me back Can't Be Tamed Miley.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:26 am

74. Arch Enemy – The Eagle Flies Alone

10m views and counting, the band's going strong.

It sounds good, but I kinda expected more from Sharon
Last edited by heppolo on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:27 am

heppolo wrote:80. Imagine Dragons – Believer

The music video was a big elaborate pun...Imagine Ivan Drago
Haha true... :lol:

king_oxymoron wrote:Everyday from the second batch is cute, but I much prefer the first. Crying, Touch, Light My Body Up and Believer are all good, though only one charted for me (in Touch's case I charted it last year though)
It really is! Definitely a good final single of "Dangerous Woman" :)
These are all good picks, glad you enjoy all of them!

Blondini wrote:Touch is great but Nothing Else Matters (a former grat currently promoted by a tour video) is "more" perfect.
I didn't know they released a tour video for "Nothing Else Matters" :o This used to be one of my faves on the album as well!
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:28 am

JSparksFan wrote:"Green Light" is fantastic. It was a hugely pleasant surprise from Lorde, with one of the biggest and catchiest choruses of the year. "It Ain't Me" grew on me a bit, but it isn't one of my favourite Selena singles.

"John Wayne" was one of the most 'Gaga' moments on Joanne. I liked its video, though the song itself isn't among the top Joanne tracks for me. "Tell Me You Love Me" is okay. I really like its video thanks to the appearance from the gorgeous Jesse Williams. :oops:

"Believer" is good, but ID had better this era. "Light My Body Up" was a solid moment for both Guetta and Nicki. "Bad at Love" is okay but forgettable; "Crying in the Club" is one of the best dance-pop songs of the year. "Touch" isn't anything special, but Little Mix never release a song I absolutely dislike; at worst, their music is just bland.

"Younger Now" is okay, but I hated the direction Miley went this year. After "Malibu," everything was tragic. I forgot "Everyday" was even a single. "Let Me Go" wasn't bad from what I remember of it.
Thanks for commenting, even though most of the songs you mentioned didn't seem to impress you at all :oops:

Anyways, a big YES to the gorgeous Jesse Williams <3

SummerPeur wrote:
77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Stall
I just can't get into Camila at all either. Her songs are just so cringe, and I feel like she is trying to be someone she isn't.
It's the same with me, i think she's very unsympathetic, but this song was still a nice tune IMO.

SummerPeur wrote:
Light My Body Up is a JAM! I was also surprised it really didn't go anywhere and wasn't huge. I feel like people are over Guetta for some reason...... Some of his major flare is gone, but he still knows how to put together an amazing tune.
YESSS 8-) Someone else who likes this! Completely agree with you... should have been a much bigger hit than other songs by him, like the weak "2U".

SummerPeur wrote:
Obsessed with this song when it got released, and still sorta am. Such a great gym/running song (for me at least). I hope her next album has a few of these types of songs in there.
I know what you mean 8-) It's also some kind of a hoe anthem, isn't it? :oops: :lol:

SummerPeur wrote:
75. Miley Cyrus – Less Successful Now
Give me back Can't Be Tamed Miley.
I'd be here for this, but i also enjoyed the "Younger Now" Miley tbh :cry:

heppolo wrote:74. Arch Enemy – The Eagle Flies Alone

10m views and counting, the band's going strong.

It sounds go, but I kinda expected more from Sharon
They really are! I guess i need to try things from their past out to see if the new stuff is really better or not.

Glad you kinda enjoy "My Indigo", but i agree a bit with you. I still think this is beautiful though.
Tansike
Legend

Postby ludichris » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:51 am

Halsey - Bad At Love
Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club
Miley Cyrus - Younger Now
These songs should be higher!! All 3 are amazing.
ludichris
Manager

Return to Year End Personal Charts