Tansike's Year-End Charts 2017

Moderators: tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:06 pm

S I N G L E S . . Y E A R - E N D . . C H A R T S . . 2 0 1 7

50. Zedd & Alessia Cara – Stay
Chartrun: 39-Out-RE 20-12-9-*4*-7-12-19-24-26-32-37-Out / 12w
Certification: GOLD
When Zedd and Alessia Cara's single "Stay" came out in early 2017, i thought it's really basic, so it barely made it onto my weekly chart. However, shortly afterwards, i met someone who is singer
(and my partner now <3), and his band covered this song, and i 'had' to listen to it so often that i started to enjoy the original as well, which is why it came back and became Alessia's biggest and Zedd's second biggest hit ever on my chart. Music Video
49. Loreen – Ocean Away
Chartrun: 6-4-*2*-5-11-16-27-30-31-31-36-Out / 11w
The third and final entry for Swedish ESC queen Loreen on my countdown is this underrated gem. Released as the third and final piece of her "Nude" EP, "Ocean Away" is a dreamy pop ballad and by far the best she's put out in 2017 & since "I'm In It With You". Music Video
48. Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You
Chartrun in 2015: 4-*1*-2-5-6-4-5-4-8-9-13-20- / 12w
Chartrun in 2016: 25-21-24-26-33-31-36-Out-RE 36-29-23-16-11-*8*-15-24-22-23-26-28-33-36-37-Out / 22w
Chartrun in 2017: 14-21-26-33-Out-RE 36-Out-RE 17-*4*-8-20-31-Out-RE 35-34-Out-RE 33-5-13-22-30-Out / 17w
Certification: 2x PLATINUM
Ranking in the YEC 2015: #17
Ranking in the YEC 2016: #25
It already takes a lot to be on my Year-End Countdown for two years, but it takes even more to do it three years in a row, but that's what "Never Forget You" by Zara Larsson and MNEK did. I consider this as one of my most favorite songs of all time, and its video is also one of my most favorite ones, so it's no surprise this Dance-Pop gem showed some amazing legs on my weekly chart. It's one of the very rare cases where a song really suffered with the new points rule for the YEC, as it would have been in the Top25 under the old rules! Music Video
47. Artsvik – Fly With Me
Chartrun: 2-*1*-3-5-9-17-24-31-33-36-37-Out / 11w
Artsvik represented Armenia on the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 with this brilliant ethno-pop tune. "Fly With Me" was my absolute favorite to win during the first few weeks, but it later got surpassed by other entries as my favorite one of 2017. Still, this song deserved much more, and the whole choreography screamed victory. It's the only actual ESC entry of 2017 to make it to the top of my weekly chart. Live Performance
46. Alma – Requiem
Chartrun: 6-9-*5*-5-7-12-19-26-32-36-Out / 10w
From one ESC entry to another, this time it's "Requiem" by Alma, who represented France. France really turned things around when it comes to the contest, as they've been sending some really good ones lately, and "Requiem" is yet another strong one. Alma is not only the most beautiful girl of last years contest, she's also very sympathetic and a good singer. Live Performance
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:07 pm

45. Beatrice Egli – Federleicht
Chartrun: 17-21-22-27-23-*14*-14-16-21-22-27-32-33-36-37-Out / 15w
A surprising one! Swiss Schlager singer Beatrice Egli was on my radar since her victory on the German Idol back in 2013, despite me being not a big fan of her music and that genre overall. Since her victory, she already produced four very successful Top3 albums in her home country, and all of them very big successes in Austria & Germany as well, making her the most successful Swiss artist of the past five years. With "Federleicht", she tried a new and very current sound, which worked perfectly for her, and here's hope there are similar songs on her upcoming album. Music Video
44. Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels – I Miss You
Chartrun: 13-11-7-7-*6*-6-8-16- / 8w
Clean Bandit are on a great run lately, as they got several big hits since "Rockabye". "I Miss You" was one of them, and while it started as a song which i thought was just moderate, it turned out to be a big grower and now it could even end up as my second most favorite song by them. By the way, this was Julia Michaels very first and only notation on my weekly chart so far. Music Video
43. Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter
Chartrun: *1*-1-1-2-5-10-19-34-Out / 8w
German Pop princess Lena is obviously also someone on my list. In 2017, she was set to release her fifth album "Gemini", unfortunately, that one got shelved. She still released this beautiful ballad, which immediately hit #1 on German iTunes, but streaming destroyed its overall charts performance. It's the second of three songs that spent more than two weeks atop the weekly chart. Music Video
42. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
Chartrun: *2*-2-4-8-16-15-24-35-Out-RE 32-33-32-34-Out / 12w
Ed's second of four appearances in the Top100 is this irish-folk-pop-rap-tune. Being a very early favorite on his album "÷", it was quite obvious that this would be a proper single at some point and it also became an official one. Definitely one of his best songs, and it should have done even better on my weekly chart. Music Video
41. Evanescence – Imperfection
Chartrun: 7-*5*-6-10-19-37-Out-RE 15-17-21-27-31-Out / 11w
This group gets closed by Evanescence's "Imperfection", the lead single to their 'comeback' album "Synthesis". I think this song is very underrated and deserved some attention, as it combines their old style but also has some new influences, which makes it a nice discovery and a great addition to their amazing discography. Music Video
Tansike
Legend

Postby Carbon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:11 pm

the Loreen song is so nice. I seriously need to find her album and EP to download somewhere :oops:
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You

^ Fantastic song. They are a really good mix together imo.

Had never heard this song at all, so i thought i'd check it out since it hit #1 on your chart. ( I don't watch euro vision, so their names are all lost on me). I didn't mind it.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:53 pm

Aw at your "Stay" write-up. To be frank, only a man I loved could sell me on that song, too. "Galway Girl" is good!

Tansike wrote:Hmm... so, it's behind "Kill Em With Kindness"? Or am i completely wrong now? :oops:
You're correct. :wink:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Carbon wrote:the Loreen song is so nice. I seriously need to find her album and EP to download somewhere :oops:
I hope you'll find it somewhere :oops:
Very happy you like that one, it's sooo good (and underrated).

SummerPeur wrote:Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You

^ Fantastic song. They are a really good mix together imo.

Had never heard this song at all, so i thought i'd check it out since it hit #1 on your chart. ( I don't watch euro vision, so their names are all lost on me). I didn't mind it.
Glad to hear you love "Never Forget You" too, and i agree. Would be cool to get another collaboration by them one day :D

Thanks for checking this out :)

JSparksFan wrote:Aw at your "Stay" write-up. To be frank, only a man I loved could sell me on that song, too. "Galway Girl" is good!

Tansike wrote:Hmm... so, it's behind "Kill Em With Kindness"? Or am i completely wrong now? :oops:
You're correct. :wink:
True, and it didn't remain the only effect love had on my charts in 2017... :oops:

Nice to hear you enjoy "Galway Girl", and also nice that i had it correctly in my mind about your favorite post-Scene song. Definitely a choice i share with you 8-)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:03 pm

40. Tarja – An Empty Dream
Chartrun: *1*-2-6-9-18-25-22-29-32-28-31-37-Out-RE 34-Out / 13w
Finnish symphonic metal queen Tarja opens this group with one of her most interesting singles so far, “An Empty Dream”. It was released as the third and final single of “The Brightest Void” and was already one of my favorite tunes on that record when it came out in 2016. It’s a very dark, dreamy ballad with a great atmosphere. Music Video
39. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Dark Element
Chartrun: *1*-4-10-12-14-19-13-20-32-Out-RE 24-Out / 10w
From one former Nightwish frontwoman to another… how exciting it was when Anette Olzon announced this new project last year! The title track of the project (and the album) got released as a first taste in the second half of 2017 and it’s a very catchy, quite commercial rock song. Audio
38. Ed Sheeran – Perfect
Chartrun: *5*-5-6-12-18-19-18-19-22-27-38- / 11w
Following “Castle On The Hill” and “Galway Girl”, “Perfect” is already Ed’s third appearance on my Year-End Charts. This beautiful ballad already screamed ‘single release’ very soon as it’s definitely one or even the best ballad on his album. Very strong, and a deserved hit. Music Video
37. P!nk – What About Us
Chartrun: *5*-10-16-21-24-25-28-Out-RE 8-9-15-29-40-Out / 12w
While P!nk may score hits all over the world for years now, she had a hard time on my charts so far, until she finally got her biggest hit in 2016 with the soundtrack single “Just Like Fire”. 2017 was another good year, as “What About Us” became a hit for her as well. And while she may chasing trends with this for a few people, I think she actually did a brilliant job combining her strengths and what was in at that time of the release. Music Video
36. Clean Bandit & Marina And The Diamonds – Disconnect
Chartrun: 3-*1*-2-5-8-10-15-24-39-Out / 9w
Here’s one of the messiest releases of 2017 – “Disconnect” by Clean Bandit and Marina And The Diamonds. Both artists already collected hits before this release, so I was really looking forward to it, and I didn’t get disappointed by it. It’s a wonderful song, and it was a huge shame they only released it due to Marina’s fans and didn’t give it a proper push. Could and should have been huge. Audio
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:04 pm

35. Blanche – City Lights
Chartrun: 13-10-6-*4*-6-10-16-21-28-34-38-Out / 11w
Not France’ Alma, and also not Armenia’s Artsvik… in the end it was Belgium’s Blanche who got the biggest hit on my charts when it comes to last years Eurovision Song Contest entries. “City Lights” was yet another strong entry by Belgium, which got so strong in the past few years when it comes to the contest. Blanche’s fragile yet strong performance was the highlight of the evening, and the last chorus sounded so good. An artist I’m really looking forward to in 2018, as a follow-up is still missing. Live Performance
34. Years & Years – Meteorite
Chartrun in 2016: *25*-28-31-32-27- / 5w
Chartrun in 2017: 18-*3*-6-7-7-8-11-14-21-25-26-33-Out / 12w
Ranking in the YEC 2016: #202
While Years & Years already released “Meteorite” at the end of 2016, it took me some time to get into this song, but eventually it became my most favorite song ever by the band, as it’s just dance-pop at its best. It’s beyond me how this flopped even in the UK. Music Video
33. Taylor Swift - …Ready For It?
Chartrun: 6-*1*-4-16-37-Out-RE 21-20-9-13-17-24- / 11w
2017 was the year when Taylor Swift finally came back with a new album, but who would have thought it would be as messy as it was? I still don’t get the strategy of her team by releasing “…Ready For It?” just a week after the lead single, and then wait so long for the video. Anyways, this was a BANGER at first, but as fast as it came, as fast I also already got over it, until the album dropped and now I really like it again. Definitely a highlight on “Reputation”. Music Video
32. Lady GaGa – The Cure
Chartrun: *1*-1-4-9-10-11-16-22-29-34-37-40-34-36-Out / 14w
Last year was the year of messy releases, as Clean Bandit’s “Disconnect” and Taylor’s “…Ready For It?” weren’t the only ones. I’d definitely count Lady GaGa’s “The Cure” as well, as it was released shortly after “Million Reasons” got a huge boost through her Super Bowl performance. And while this was a very modern pop track and should have been her return to the Top10s all over the world, she just released it and left it out there without doing something for it, and without re-releasing her album “Joanne” with this tune on it. What a wasted opportunity – but at least we got another great song from the Queen. Audio
31. Tarja – O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
Chartrun: *1*-1-3-7-30-Out-RE 23-15-5-15-18- / 10w
Tarja already opened the Top40, and now she’s also closing this group. “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel” is obviously her version of the classic, and was her first single of the Christmas album “From Spirits And Ghost – Score For A Dark Christmas”. This isn’t a typical uplifting Christmas tune, but more like a dark, nearly creepy soundtrack for a different festive season. Music Video
Tansike
Legend

Postby heppolo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:07 pm

40. Tarja – An Empty Dream
A symphonic metal queen indeed.

As a whole, I think the project worked, it had a little bit of commercial approach, some things were done differently in comparison to Nightwish creative ethic.

Blonde Tarja looked like the ideal Ice Queen.
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:24 pm

Yes to Y&Y - Meteorite making the Top40! It's such a get up and move around song!

32. Lady GaGa – The Cure

Ah the throwaway that could of been the revival of an era material.
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:24 am

"Perfect" is beautiful. It's my favourite song from the album. I still can't believe P!nk returned with "What About Us". It is so far beneath her usual high standard, I can barely stand listening to it.

"Meteorite" is epic! It's definitely my favourite Years & Years song, too! "...Ready for It?" is great! I wasn't totally sold on "Look What You Made Me Do," so I was relieved (to some extent) when I heard this one.

I feel like I've been saying the same thing about "The Cure" on every countdown. :lol: Cliffnotes version: Gaga's voice makes the song, it was a touching ode to her close friend, and I believe its message extends to her fans with her pledge to always be there for us through her music.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:08 am

The Andrea Bocelli version of 'Perfect' is simply fantastic.
So much love for 'Disconnect' <3 <3 The best Clean Bandit has ever done, because it's basically a Marina And The Diamonds song.

Yay for 'What About Us', 'Meteorite' and 'The Cure' too.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Tansike » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:24 pm

heppolo wrote:40. Tarja – An Empty Dream
A symphonic metal queen indeed.

As a whole, I think the project worked, it had a little bit of commercial approach, some things were done differently in comparison to Nightwish creative ethic.

Blonde Tarja looked like the ideal Ice Queen.
Symphonic metal & Ice Queen 8-) Definitely fits well to Tarja!

Yes, i agree about The Dark Element. They made it work pretty well. It's not as 'bombastic' or lyrically interesting as the stuff with Nightwish, but it's still nice to hear Anette's voice on metal/rock songs again.

SummerPeur wrote:34. Years & Years – Meteorite

Yes to Y&Y - Meteorite making the Top40! It's such a get up and move around song!

32. Lady GaGa – The Cure

Ah the throwaway that could of been the revival of an era material.
Glad you love "Meteorite" as well, and i completely agree! How this a song like this flop the way it did? :(

I know... such a wasted chance to get her back on track :roll:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:25 pm

JSparksFan wrote:"Perfect" is beautiful. It's my favourite song from the album. I still can't believe P!nk returned with "What About Us". It is so far beneath her usual high standard, I can barely stand listening to it.

"Meteorite" is epic! It's definitely my favourite Years & Years song, too! "...Ready for It?" is great! I wasn't totally sold on "Look What You Made Me Do," so I was relieved (to some extent) when I heard this one.

I feel like I've been saying the same thing about "The Cure" on every countdown. :lol: Cliffnotes version: Gaga's voice makes the song, it was a touching ode to her close friend, and I believe its message extends to her fans with her pledge to always be there for us through her music.
Oh, it's your favorite? That's a good pick! So i guess it's also one of your favorite ones overall when it comes to Ed's discography?
A shame to hear you're not the biggest fan of "What About Us", as it's actually one of her best singles for me... :oops:

I knew you would love the appearance for "Meteorite", as i still remember it was very high on your list in 2016! :D Good to hear Taylor got you again with "Ready For It?".

"The Cure" was so underrated when it comes to commercial success, despite most fans loving it so much. I agree, her voice was so good on this, it reminded me of "The Fame", which is always a good sign :D

Benjamin wrote:The Andrea Bocelli version of 'Perfect' is simply fantastic.
So much love for 'Disconnect' <3 <3 The best Clean Bandit has ever done, because it's basically a Marina And The Diamonds song.

Yay for 'What About Us', 'Meteorite' and 'The Cure' too.
I haven't heard both other versions of "Perfect" yet ( :oops: :oops: :oops: ) so the original is obviously my favorite one.

Ha, yes, it's more like a Marina song indeed, which may be why they didn't give it a proper release. However, there's one better song in Clean Bandit's discography IMO :wink:

Some great pop tunes of last year 8-)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:52 pm

30. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – Dead To Me
Chartrun: 6-*2*-2-3-5-6-9-16-29-38-Out / 10w
The second half of 2017 was definitely a good time for The Dark Element, as they released four singles alongside the album, and all of these tracks made my Year-End Charts, with “Dead To Me” being their third appearance so far. This is the heaviest tune on the album, and it just makes so much fun to listen to (when you’re into that kind of music). Lyric Video
29. Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish
Chartrun: 6-*2*-2-3-5-6-9-16-29-38-Out / 10w
Katy Perry didn’t have a good 2017, as her album and most of her singles bombed. However, charts performance isn’t everything, and the stuff she has released was still very good in my opinion, so she actually has three entries as a lead artist and four in total on my countdown, with “Swish Swish” being only the first! This is a fun, infectious pop song with a great part by Nicki Minaj. She should delete the video as soon as possible though. Audio
28. Dua Lipa – New Rules
Chartrun: 22-23-10-5-6-*3*-9-14-15-18-29-Out / 11w
Most people already expected Dua Lipa’s album to flop, as it came out after what felt like a hundred single releases, however, with fan favorite “New Rules” turning into a big hit, her whole era got saved in the end. This was such a deserved smash and its video is one of the bests of 2017. Music Video
27. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
Chartrun: *1*-2-6-11-13-20-24-27-36-Out-RE 17-21-28-36-34-Out / 14w
Taylor’s ‘comeback’ hit “Look What You Made Me Do” was a big event, as everyone was looking for the song when it came out. Its video release felt even bigger, as it was all over the web and the news. She really delivered on this. Music Video
26. Aura – Can’t Steal The Music
Chartrun: *3*-5-5-4-7-14-17-23-34-39-Out-RE 29-24-31-37-Out / 14w
It took Danish singer-songwriter Aura (Dione) nearly six years to release a follow-up to her album “Before The Dinosaurs”, and 2017 was finally the year we got it. Its title track served as the third single and is also the albums highlight, as it’s a modern dance-pop gem with a beat drop which may sound generic on first listen, but turns out to be one of the best drops of 2017. Music Video
Tansike
Legend

Postby Blondini » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:29 pm

City Lights. Amazing. :D
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby luckyONE » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:59 am

yay, "...Ready For It?" and "Look What You Made Me Do" are amazing. They are also two great workout songs, especially the latter one. 8-)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Blondini wrote:City Lights. Amazing. :D
I knew you would love its appearance on my YEC - definitely the highlight of last years ESC 8-)

luckyONE wrote:yay, "...Ready For It?" and "Look What You Made Me Do" are amazing. They are also two great workout songs, especially the latter one. 8-)
Glad you enjoy these two, and i agree... both work very well at the gym :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:04 pm

48. Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You

The success of this track in your chart has been extraordinary. What is the most successful song of all time in your chart that has collected the most chart points? :D

43. Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter

For a couple of weeks i truly loved this song. It was such an unexpected surprise as i never imagined i'd like a new song from a former eurovision winner. Well, i only ever imagined Loreen would go on and release another magical anthem after the success of Euphoria. For Lena to end up having the best post-eurovision success in my chart is such an incredible feat. :D

37. P!nk – What About Us

One of my songs of the year. I'm so happy that P!nk got the UKmixPARADE #1 song of 2017. :D

32. Lady GaGa – The Cure

Considering Joanne was only released in 2016 i never expected a song like this to emerge so soon after. But i love the fact that Lady Gaga returned to her pop roots as i really feel like she delivered with this song. Yet here we are six months on and there's no sign of a follow up, or anything. Makes me wonder if The cure was just a standalone single.

The success of this song may have been short lived in my chart but the music video is everything. I still think the last 40 seconds of the video are amazing. :lol:

Best of the rest:

46. Alma – Requiem
38. Ed Sheeran – Perfect
28. Dua Lipa – New Rules
JakeP
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 pm

‘Swish Swish’ and ‘New Rules’ are among the best pop tunes of 2017. Love them both very much.
I was really loking forward to the new Aura Dione album, but unfortunately it wasn’t as good as ‘Before The Dinosaurs’. I did like this track though.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby heppolo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:08 pm

New Rules is a legitimate bop and one of the better UK#1s of the year (the only two good ones for me, actually)
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:15 pm

"Swish Swish" is good. I actually liked the music video. :lol:

"New Rules" was a big pop highlight of the year for me. "Look What You Made Me Do" was sub-par by Taylor's standards, but I loved its video.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 pm

For some reason I expected this to be much higher..... Glad to see it Top30 though. Was a great move by Taylor.
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby KokoCollino » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:33 pm

Your comment on the Swish Swish video :lol: I'm somehow accepting the video because it gave her good numbers on YouTube, but I'm not a big fan either. I would have preferred a dark theme.

I never really got into the original edit of "New Rules" - somehow, I feel like the song is out of beat in the beginning of the chorus. That said, the bridge is HEAVEN. I'm so happy to have the Initial Talk 80s remix as that is what make me fall in love with the song.

LWYMMD is great. When it came out, I thought it might be my year end #1. It still ended up in the Top 10 - I guess it was a bit too overhyped for me, too. Strong video.
Looks like I found my way home
KokoCollino
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:43 pm

JakeP wrote:48. Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You

The success of this track in your chart has been extraordinary. What is the most successful song of all time in your chart that has collected the most chart points? :D
It really is! And i still enjoy the song a lot :o Good question... and there's a song which is by far the one with the most points, and that's most likely a very surprising one... it's...

Spoiler:

Chartrun: *1*-1-1-1-2-3-5-5-4-7-5-5-6-3-3-4-5-3-5-3-3-3-3-4-4-6-4-4-9-4-4-6-6-6-8-6-8-3-2-1-1-2-3-4-4-6-7-7-5-5-4-7-7-6-7-6-8-9-8-7-7-9-9-6-7-9-7-8-9-Out / 69w

There was just a weekly Top10 back in 2008/2009, so its whole chartrun was in the Top10, which makes it even more impressive. Okay, the competition these days is much bigger than back then, but it could have spent even longer on the charts if there was a Top40 back then.

"Suddenly" topped the YEC 2008 and ended up at #4 on the YEC 2009

JakeP wrote:43. Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter

For a couple of weeks i truly loved this song. It was such an unexpected surprise as i never imagined i'd like a new song from a former eurovision winner. Well, i only ever imagined Loreen would go on and release another magical anthem after the success of Euphoria. For Lena to end up having the best post-eurovision success in my chart is such an incredible feat. :D
So Lena is the only ESC winner who got another big hit on your charts? I didn't know that... but, surely Loreen also had another hit ("I'm In It With You", maybe?). So happy for Lena for doing so on your personal charts though, and it's definitely well deserved as this was (and still is) a beautiful ballad. They should have done more for this song, i think it could have been a big hit for her if handled correctly...

JakeP wrote:37. P!nk – What About Us

One of my songs of the year. I'm so happy that P!nk got the UKmixPARADE #1 song of 2017. :D
Huge feat for her, i didn't expect that to be honest :o

JakeP wrote:32. Lady GaGa – The Cure

Considering Joanne was only released in 2016 i never expected a song like this to emerge so soon after. But i love the fact that Lady Gaga returned to her pop roots as i really feel like she delivered with this song. Yet here we are six months on and there's no sign of a follow up, or anything. Makes me wonder if The cure was just a standalone single.
Me neither, and while i'm still disappointed she never released more songs of "Joanne" (like the brilliant "Dancin In Circles" or the great "Diamond Heart") i'm still happy we got another little pop gem with "The Cure". Will be interesting to see what she'll perform at the Grammys, as she was confirmed as a performer and she's set to perform something of "Joanne"...

JakeP wrote:27. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do

The success of this song may have been short lived in my chart but the music video is everything. I still think the last 40 seconds of the video are amazing. :lol:
I agree, a huge highlight when it comes to last years videos 8-)

JakeP wrote:Best of the rest:

46. Alma – Requiem
38. Ed Sheeran – Perfect
28. Dua Lipa – New Rules
Thanks a lot - really glad you enjoy so many tunes from my YEC so far! :D

Benjamin wrote:‘Swish Swish’ and ‘New Rules’ are among the best pop tunes of 2017. Love them both very much.
I was really loking forward to the new Aura Dione album, but unfortunately it wasn’t as good as ‘Before The Dinosaurs’. I did like this track though.
Glad you love them as well <3
Aw... well, on one side i'm happy to hear you like the title track (which is my favorite song on the record), on the other hand, while i enjoyed the whole album, i agree that it's weaker than "Before The Dinosaurs".
Tansike
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts