Tansike's Year-End Charts 2017 - Finished

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:59 am

Surprised Bad Liar is so high :o It's the only song out of the 4 that Selena released in 2017 that didn't make my Top 75, I really don't like the song :lol:
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby UKMusicLova » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:53 am

'Bad Liar' and 'Again' are both great pop songs!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Carbon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:32 pm

I really like the Halsey song, Again is kinda ok, but I don't like either of the artists in it,
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:26 pm

heppolo wrote:''Lost Girls'' is almost ethereal at times. Music video is also rad.
Woah, very glad to hear that from you :D

Biebz wrote:Surprised Bad Liar is so high :o It's the only song out of the 4 that Selena released in 2017 that didn't make my Top 75, I really don't like the song :lol:
Haha... well, "Bad Liar" was definitely the best out of the four for me. It didn't click with me immediately, but it turned out to be a great song from her. It's so untypical, and its video is simply brilliant IMO. A shame it never grew on you, but at least you enjoyed the other songs :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:28 pm

UKMusicLova wrote:'Bad Liar' and 'Again' are both great pop songs!
Glad you enjoy these... especially the latter, which was such a big surprise for me and should have been a hit for Noah.

Carbon wrote:I really like the Halsey song, Again is kinda ok, but I don't like either of the artists in it,
Well i absolutely hate XXXTENTACION but i have to admit his parts on "Again" are actually really good. Similar case with Noah... :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:02 pm

I'm a fan of Bad Liar but it came in real waves with me.. didn't get it, got it and liked it, got bored of it, forgot bout it, now I am on liking it again but as a result it didn't hit my chart.. good tune though!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:30 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:I'm a fan of Bad Liar but it came in real waves with me.. didn't get it, got it and liked it, got bored of it, forgot bout it, now I am on liking it again but as a result it didn't hit my chart.. good tune though!
Haha, sounds interesting! It was actually similar with me. I liked it at first, got over it quickly, started to enjoy it again due to the video, got over it again, and finally i started to love it! :lol:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Poll results for the Singles Year-End Charts

Kerli easily took the lead with 7 votes (50%), followed by Ed Sheeran with 2 votes (14% votes).

Kesha, Lindsey Stirling, Marina Kaye, Selena Gomez and Zara Larsson all got 1 vote (7%), while no one voted for Halsey, Katy Perry, Lady GaGa and someone else.

I'll reveal the next two positions later today, with the Top2 coming later this week, so let's see if someone predicted correctly - and if the majority was right or not!

In other news, i'd like to reveal a little 'teaser' in form of the points of this years Top10:

Spoiler:

The Top2 has a big lead to the others, while the gap between #4 and #5 is quite big as well.
Despite that lead, 2017 has the least successful #1 since the introduction of my weekly Top40 in 2013. The lowest scoring #1 so far was Kerli's "Feral Hearts", which topped the Year-End Charts 2016 with 900 points. Here are all #1s from the Year-End Charts since 2013:

2017 - tba - 686 points
2016 - "Feral Hearts" by Kerli - 900 points
2015 - "Élan" by Nightwish - 1'246 points
2014 - "I See Fire" by Ed Sheeran - 1'056 points
2013 - "Crystallize" by Lindsey Stirling - 1'158 points
Tansike
Legend

Postby Top10 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:07 pm

Glad to see Everyday here. So many singles by Lindsey Stirling here, she might possibly be the leader.
Top 10 - 19.10.2018.
Top10
Groupie

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Top10 wrote:Glad to see Everyday here. So many singles by Lindsey Stirling here, she might possibly be the leader.
Welcome to our forum! :D

Glad you also enjoy "Everday", definitely a great single choice and its video was so funny! Do you like Lindsey? I love her :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:52 pm

4. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
Chartrun: *1*-1-2-3-5-4-6-10-5-9-5-7-13-15-20-30-33-Out / 17w
Certification: PLATINUM

There were two huge smashes in 2017 all over the world, and while one of them never even made my weekly Top40 (“Despacito”), the other was a big hit on my chart as well, and that was Ed Sheeran’s “Shape Of You”. The track was released as a lead single of his third album “÷” alongside “Castle On The Hill”, and right from the start it immediately topped the charts all over the world and even stayed there for several weeks – same on my charts! It was not only the first big hit of 2017, but it was also able to stay high on the YTD chart during the year, and ends up at #4 on my Year-End Charts now, which marks the second time the sympathetic singer-songwriter makes my Year-End Top10, following “I See Fire”, which was the most successful single of 2014.

The opinions on this are very divided, and my thoughts about this are also divided. On one side, I have to say this is pop at its best, incredibly catchy, very well made and produced. On the other side, it’s far from being Ed’s best song, and it’s very calculated and probably even too generic. Still, this deserved to be a big hit for him and he really hit the Zeitgeist with it.

“Shape Of You” is Ed’s fourth and final appearance on the countdown, following “Castle On The Hill” (#50), “Galway Girl” (#43) and “Perfect” (#38), which means all official singles of the album made the Top50.

Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:54 pm

3. Kesha – Praying
Chartrun: *1*-4-2-3-3-1-6-8-13-15-20-23-21-22-17-17-21-24-22-25-26-32-35-31- / 24w
Certification: PLATINUM

There were several comebacks in the music business in 2017, but one of them blew all others away: Kesha! The singer finally returned with new music after years of battling and struggling, and that break was actually worth it, as she’s returned stronger than ever. “Praying” was the first release of her third studio album “Rainbow” and was Kesha’s very first ballad with a proper release. It’s very well sung, and while she never hit that one note live, she’s still delivering them live vocals for this. The lyrics are really strong and its message is simply beautiful, powerful but also sad in a way. Its staying power on the US Hot 100 was incredible to follow, but I still think this should have done a lot more commercially. Critically, here’s hope Kesha may get her very first Grammy ever as she’s nominated in the Best Pop category.

“Praying” became Kesha’s fifth number one hit on my weekly chart and with 24 weeks in the Top40, it’s one of only three songs that spent more than 20 weeks on the charts, with the other two being still unrevealed. Its longevity made the song her most successful entry ever on my weekly chart, surpassing the success of “Die Young” (2012), “Take It Off” (2010), “TiK ToK” (2009) and “We R Who We R” (2010), her other Platinum certified singles. It follows “Woman” (#57) as her second entry on the countdown, and third chart entry in 2017 overall, as she was featured on Macklemore’s “Good Old Days” (#194).

Tansike
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:20 pm

I love that you're like.. it's generic and calculated... top 4 of the year!! :lol:

I totally get what you mean though, It's a great song really, I like both but I prefer SOY.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby JakeP » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:16 pm

I need to catch up with my comments. :oops:

I agree with Adam's comment above. :lol: Shape of you to this day remains one of those songs where i didn't understand why it was so successful. I know you didn't like Despacito but for me the Luis Fonsi track had more about the song and seemed less calculated and more genuine.

Mind you, i'd still say Perfect is Ed's most calculated song. :P

Aww, so happy for Kesha getting that top 3 end of year position.

Oh wow that means by process of elimination i know what your top 2 songs are. :wink: I think its obvious which track is gonna be #1 but i'd be absolutely thrilled if the other song got there instead. :D
JakeP
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Not feeling #4 or #3 (Just not the biggest fan of Eddy, and everyone knows how I feel about Praying :lol: Excited for what #2 and the #1 is!
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby Biebz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:58 pm

We'll just pretend #4 didn't happen...

...Moving on, happy to see Kesha so high! Always been a massive fan of her and delighted she managed to have a 'mini' comeback this year :D
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:16 pm

'Shape Of You' is a bop. Big woo for 'Praying' <3 Beautiful song.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Top10 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:44 pm

Tansike wrote:Welcome to our forum! :D
Thank you! :) Everyday owns a definitely stunning melodic line, especially in the not that rich in lyrics chorus. I would classify it as influence from the electro house genre, because the trap has this resonating bass in the main theme an octave or two higher. Ariana covers a wide vocal range in this song, not the same for Future but this fact has its explanation. :D To sum up, the main reason why I like this single is that it sounds cool. :D About Lindsey - I don't follow her much. She took part in the single "Dying For You" by Otto Knows. For me, this is her best featuring.
Top 10 - 19.10.2018.
Top10
Groupie

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:02 pm

I get Lost Girl's most instrumental-focused appeal, but the song doesn't have that magic quality that her best instrumental-only tracks have.

"Shape of You" is quality stuff, and a much-needed change of pace from Ed's more slow-driven ballads. "Praying" is good, but I don't think it's quite up there with Kesha's best.

Tansike wrote:Despite that lead, 2017 has the least successful #1 since the introduction of my weekly Top40 in 2013. The lowest scoring #1 so far was Kerli's "Feral Hearts", which topped the Year-End Charts 2016 with 900 points. Here are all #1s from the Year-End Charts since 2013:

2017 - tba - 686 points
2014 - "I See Fire" by Ed Sheeran - 1'056 points2013 - "Crystallize" by Lindsey Stirling - 1'158 points
This probably comes down to the fact that you're listening to a wider range of songs than ever before, so the big hits have more competition.
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:46 am

i like "shape of you" but ke$ha's material was really disappointing for me.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Tansike » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:18 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:I love that you're like.. it's generic and calculated... top 4 of the year!! :lol:

I totally get what you mean though, It's a great song really, I like both but I prefer SOY.
:lol: But i love me some generic & calculated pop music, if it's good!

Glad you like both :D

JakeP wrote:I need to catch up with my comments. :oops:

I agree with Adam's comment above. :lol: Shape of you to this day remains one of those songs where i didn't understand why it was so successful. I know you didn't like Despacito but for me the Luis Fonsi track had more about the song and seemed less calculated and more genuine.

Mind you, i'd still say Perfect is Ed's most calculated song. :P

Aww, so happy for Kesha getting that top 3 end of year position.

Oh wow that means by process of elimination i know what your top 2 songs are. :wink: I think its obvious which track is gonna be #1 but i'd be absolutely thrilled if the other song got there instead. :D
Thanks for catching up! I'm really behind with everyone else's countdown, so i hope time allows it for me to catch up with other countdowns asap as well :oops:

Well Ed was at a point where he could have released whatever it wanted, it would have been huge i guess, so SOY was already a big hit even before people heard it. It was a very catchy song in the end which helped a lot, and he also released it at the right time...

Hmm... yeah, there's something there. He definitely knows what's successful right now :lol:

She really delivered an amazing comeback and i already saw her position on your countdown, which made me really happy as well :D

And i think you're right about those two songs :wink: To be fair, it shouldn't be a really big surprise for people who follow my chart every now and then as two songs really stood out... one at the beginning of the year, and another basically the whole year... :oops: I'm not too sure if it really is that obvious though. Which one do you think will be #1?

SummerPeur wrote:Not feeling #4 or #3 (Just not the biggest fan of Eddy, and everyone knows how I feel about Praying :lol: Excited for what #2 and the #1 is!
Aw. I knew it for Kesha but didn't know you also don't feel Ed :( I hope the Top2 has some better songs for you then :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Biebz wrote:We'll just pretend #4 didn't happen...

...Moving on, happy to see Kesha so high! Always been a massive fan of her and delighted she managed to have a 'mini' comeback this year :D
:lol: :oops:

Not surprised you like her song tbh. I'm glad she came back with such a strong song and didn't chose to go the obvious route with a dance-pop song.

Benjamin wrote:'Shape Of You' is a bop. Big woo for 'Praying' <3 Beautiful song.
Glad you like these two that much :D

Top10 wrote:
Tansike wrote:Welcome to our forum! :D
Thank you! :) Everyday owns a definitely stunning melodic line, especially in the not that rich in lyrics chorus. I would classify it as influence from the electro house genre, because the trap has this resonating bass in the main theme an octave or two higher. Ariana covers a wide vocal range in this song, not the same for Future but this fact has its explanation. :D To sum up, the main reason why I like this single is that it sounds cool. :D About Lindsey - I don't follow her much. She took part in the single "Dying For You" by Otto Knows. For me, this is her best featuring.
Great observation for "Everyday" 8-) Glad you enjoy it so much, and yes, it really sounds cool!
Ah yeah, that's was a good featuring from her :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:23 pm

JSparksFan wrote:I get Lost Girl's most instrumental-focused appeal, but the song doesn't have that magic quality that her best instrumental-only tracks have.

"Shape of You" is quality stuff, and a much-needed change of pace from Ed's more slow-driven ballads. "Praying" is good, but I don't think it's quite up there with Kesha's best.
Well, it's obviously not as amazing as "Crystallize" or even something like "Elements" or "Take Flight" for me, but definitely the best instrumental song on "Brave Enough" and probably even in my personal Top5 of her instrumental tracks :)

Glad you like these two... quite sad to hear this about "Praying" though, as it's one of her best tracks ever for me :o :oops:

JSparksFan wrote:
Tansike wrote:Despite that lead, 2017 has the least successful #1 since the introduction of my weekly Top40 in 2013. The lowest scoring #1 so far was Kerli's "Feral Hearts", which topped the Year-End Charts 2016 with 900 points. Here are all #1s from the Year-End Charts since 2013:

2017 - tba - 686 points
2014 - "I See Fire" by Ed Sheeran - 1'056 points2013 - "Crystallize" by Lindsey Stirling - 1'158 points
This probably comes down to the fact that you're listening to a wider range of songs than ever before, so the big hits have more competition.
Yes, definitely! Each year set a new record in how many songs entered my weekly chart. However, there were 'only' five songs more in 2017 than in 2016, so the gap there wasn't that big. But i really felt like that one real big hit was missing in 2017 for me.

luckyONE wrote:i like "shape of you" but ke$ha's material was really disappointing for me.
Good to hear you enjoyed "Shape Of You" as well, but sad for Kesha, as i thought she really made a great comeback with "Rainbow" :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:27 pm

Before revealing the Top2 (and because i don't want to put them at the bottom of the page) here's a recap of the whole countdown - #100 to #3 - so far:

Spoiler:
100. Lindsey Stirling – Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy
99. Loreen – Body
98. Loïc Nottet – Mud Blood
97. Tarja – O Tannenbaum
96. Marina Kaye – Merci quand même
95. Zara Larsson – I Would Like
94. Zedd & Liam Payne – Get Low
93. Amy Lee – Speak To Me
92. Dihaj – Skeletons
91. Kristian Kostov – Beautiful Mess
90. Loreen & Elliphant – Jungle
89. Eluveitie – Rebirth
88. Fifth Harmony feat. Gucci Mane – Down
87. Lorde – Green Light
86. Kygo & Selena Gomez – It Ain’t Me
85. Lady GaGa – John Wayne
84. Zara Larsson – Don’t Let Me Be Yours
83. Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
82. Tarja with Alissa White-Gluz – Demons In You
81. Lindsey Stirling feat. Becky G – Christmas C’mon
80. Imagine Dragons – Believer
79. David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne – Light My Body Up
78. Halsey – Bad At Love
77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
76. Little Mix – Touch
75. Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
74. Arch Enemy – The Eagle Flies Alone
73. Ariana Grande feat. Future – Everyday
72. My Indigo – My Indigo
71. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso feat. Florida Georgia Line & watt – Let Me Go
70. Helene Fischer – Herzbeben
69. Lindsey Stirling feat. Rooty – Love’s Just A Feeling
68. Robin Schulz feat. James Blunt – OK
67. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
66. Lana Del Rey – Love
65. Rita Ora – Your Song
64. Lindsey Stirling feat. Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness – Something Wild
63. Agnes Obel – Familiar
62. The Dark Element (Anette Olzon & Jani Liimatainen) – The Ghost And The Reaper
61. Selena Gomez & Marshmello – Wolves
60. Amy MacDonald – Dream On
59. Shania Twain – Life’s About To Get Good
58. Lindsey Stirling feat. ZZ Ward – Hold My Heart
57. Kesha feat. The Dap-Kings Horns – Woman
56. Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don – Instruction
55. Amaranthe – Boomerang
54. Eluveitie – Epona
53. Selena Gomez feat. Gucci Mane – Fetish
52. Linkin Park feat. Pusha T & Stormzy – Good Goodbye
51. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
50. Zedd & Alessia Cara – Stay