Tansike's Year-End Charts 2017

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby Tansike » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:49 pm

S I N G L E S . . Y E A R - E N D . . C H A R T S . . 2 0 1 7

2. Kerli – Spirit Animal
Chartrun in 2016: *1*- / 1w
Chartrun in 2017: *1*-1-4-4-4-5-10-11-7-4-2-3-8-11-5-6-10-9-18-20-27-31-28-33-33-Out-RE 32- / 26w
Certification: PLATINUM
Ranking in the YEC 2016: #238

50% of all voters went with my most favorite solo artist Kerli in the poll, and the Estonian singer-songwriter also had a huge hit on her own in 2017, as she smashed my personal charts with “Spirit Animal”. Unfortunately, she’s only the runner-up and didn’t repeat the success of “Feral Hearts”, which topped the Year-End Charts 2016.

“Spirit Animal” was released in December 2016 and therefor it already made the weekly chart for one week in 2016. It was Kerli’s entry for Eesti Laul 2017, the Estonian pre-selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, where she ended up second behind “Verona”, which didn’t make the final there, so my stan heart believes “Spirit Animal” would have been a much better choice (and on the other hand, my stan heart laughed at “Verona” not making the final). The saddest thing about this release was that she never did an official video for it. When someone asked her about it on her YouTube Channel, she answered that she already had to pay her whole Eesti Laul performance by herself, which is why she already invested enough money into “Spirit Animal” and won’t release an official video. I’m sure that one would have been awesome though.

“Spirit Animal” is quite poppy yet still not pure pop. I’d say it’s a typical Kerli song, with its natural and spiritual lyrics, an incredibly catchy melody but still with some alternative elements on it. Depending on my mood, I think the chorus is probably too cheesy, but I love me some cheese so I still love that track. Its strength lies in the verses and the opening melody. It may not be her best song, but definitely adds nicely to her strong and way too underrated discography. What I love the most about her is that she creates and pays everything by herself (including stage outfits, video outfits and so on), so she’s 100% a self-made artist.

While 2016 was a busy year for Kerli with four singles, she only released one collaboration in 2017, which makes “Spirit Animal” her only appearance on my countdown. However, she has four tracks on the bubbling under chart, with “Blossom” (#313, #5 on the YEC 2016), “Diamond Hard” (#202, #24 on the YEC 2016), “Feral Hearts” (#164, #1 on the YEC 2016) and the mentioned collaboration, which was “Sound Of Walking Away” with Illenium (#128). When it comes to her discography, she already collected four more successful hits since 2010, making “Spirit Animal” her fifth most successful single out of 14 chart entries in total to date.

Her live performance on ‘Eesti Laul’ (Final)

Also worth to watch / listen:
Her live performance on ‘Eesti Laul’ (Semi-Final; she was sick but still slayed)
Audio
Promo performance in an alternate version
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:50 pm

S I N G L E S . . Y E A R - E N D . . C H A R T S . . 2 0 1 7

1. Clean Bandit feat. Zara Larsson – Symphony
Chartrun: *1*-1-1-1-5-10-22-37-Out-RE 18-16-11-12-11-12-16-23-26-31-32-29-21-22-1-5-16-23-28-37-35- / 29w

If Kerli is not my Year-End Charts number one, then there’s only one song left that was probably obvious for followers of my charts: “Symphony” by Clean Bandit and Zara Larsson!

This track tops my Year-End Charts 2017 with 686 points, which are only 21 points more than “Spirit Animal” got. And the fact that this song is still on my weekly charts probably says it all. Kerli spent around 11 months of 2017 atop the Year-To-Date Charts, with “Symphony” climbing up all its way to the top through the year and surpassed the Estonian singer just at the end of the year.

Clean Bandit never really were on my radar until late 2016, when they released the bop “Rockabye” featuring Anne-Marie and Sean Paul. Of course there was “Rather Be”, but I was rather reserved when it comes to that song back then and it only made it to #20 on my weekly chart. So “Rockabye” was definitely a big turnover for them, as they’ve collected three more hits since then. And when it got announced that their new single would feature Zara Larsson, who just became a big rising star on my charts as well, I was over the moon and the track definitely didn’t disappoint!

This is a brilliant done pop track. The first few seconds alone are better than many songs released in 2017, the lyrics are so beautiful, Zara’s voice is awesome (and she was even able to pull this off live, which really impressed me as I didn’t expect her to do so!), the video clip is one of the best ones from 2017 and freaking heartbreaking, and the sound created by Clean Bandit still has such a cool dance vibe to it. There’s hardly anything to moan about this song. All of this combined with some personal things going on made this song perfect for me and it definitely deserved the top spot on this years countdown (side note: I started to date someone just at the time of this songs release, and I was playing this all the time… and we’re together now, so that was the sweetest thing apart from music going on in my life during 2017 and obviously had a huge influence on the success of "Symphony" as well).

When it comes to Clean Bandit, they got another two songs on the countdown with “I Miss You” (#44) and “Disconnect” (#36), with “Rockaybe” still making the bubbling under list (#235). Zara had an even more successful 2017, as she collected a further four hits on the countdown with “Only You” (#11), “Never Forget You” (#48), “Don’t Let Me Be Yours” (#84) and “I Would Like” (#95), while “So Good” (#151), “Uncover” (#161), “Girls Like” (#260), “Lush Life” (#268), “This One’s For You” (#340) and “Ain’t My Fault” (#361) all made the blubbling under list. It’s Clean Bandit’s most and Zara’s second most successful chart entry on my weekly chart to date.

Tansike
Legend

Postby JakeP » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:53 pm

So these are my favourites in your top 100, songs that at least made my top 10. :wink:

95. Zara Larsson – I Would Like
87. Lorde – Green Light
86. Kygo & Selena Gomez – It Ain’t Me
85. Lady GaGa – John Wayne
77. Camila Cabello – Crying In The Club
76. Little Mix – Touch
75. Miley Cyrus – Younger Now
68. Robin Schulz feat. James Blunt – OK
67. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
66. Lana Del Rey – Love
65. Rita Ora – Your Song
61. Selena Gomez & Marshmello – Wolves
57. Kesha feat. The Dap-Kings Horns – Woman
56. Jax Jones feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don – Instruction
53. Selena Gomez feat. Gucci Mane – Fetish
51. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
50. Zedd & Alessia Cara – Stay
44. Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels – I Miss You
43. Lena – If I Wasn’t Your Daughter
42. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl
37. P!nk – What About Us
36. Clean Bandit & Marina And The Diamonds – Disconnect
35. Blanche – City Lights
34. Years & Years – Meteorite
33. Taylor Swift - …Ready For It?
32. Lady GaGa – The Cure
28. Dua Lipa – New Rules
27. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
23. Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean – Feels
22. Rita Ora – Anywhere
19. Miley Cyrus – Malibu
18. Marina Kaye – Something

17. Sia – Move Your Body
14. Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm
13. Lady GaGa – Million Reasons
11. Zara Larsson – Only You
4. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You
3. Kesha – Praying

Tansike wrote:Thanks for catching up! I'm really behind with everyone else's countdown, so i hope time allows it for me to catch up with other countdowns asap as well :oops:

Well Ed was at a point where he could have released whatever it wanted, it would have been huge i guess, so SOY was already a big hit even before people heard it. It was a very catchy song in the end which helped a lot, and he also released it at the right time...

Hmm... yeah, there's something there. He definitely knows what's successful right now :lol:

She really delivered an amazing comeback and i already saw her position on your countdown, which made me really happy as well :D

And i think you're right about those two songs :wink: To be fair, it shouldn't be a really big surprise for people who follow my chart every now and then as two songs really stood out... one at the beginning of the year, and another basically the whole year... :oops: I'm not too sure if it really is that obvious though. Which one do you think will be #1?

SummerPeur wrote:Not feeling #4 or #3 (Just not the biggest fan of Eddy, and everyone knows how I feel about Praying :lol: Excited for what #2 and the #1 is!
Aw. I knew it for Kesha but didn't know you also don't feel Ed :( I hope the Top2 has some better songs for you then :)
There's no denying that Shape of you was super popular but i just didn't think the song was that great to warrant such success. Then again, it was #2 on the UK Mix parade of 2017 so clearly even on these forums it was considered a hit.

Ohh what i meant re; Perfect was the fact Ed needed three different versions to help his song get to #1. Then again he pulled that trick in the UK with Shape of you when he brought out that Stormzy remix. It just feels like cheating the system and not particularly genuine.

I didn't watch the Grammie awards 2018 last night purely because i was so tired. :lol: :oops: I must watch Kesha's performance on YouTube as i want to see just how amazing she was. <3

Spoiler:
I suspect Kerli will be #1, that's the track i voted for in the poll :wink:
JakeP
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:56 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
A M A Z I N G

OMG i love this. <3 I really thought Kerli would be your #1 just because it's Kerli. This must be the first time we've both had the same year end #1. *cuddles*
JakeP
Superstar

Postby heppolo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:12 pm

Spirit Animal is much better
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Ugh yes girl you saved it for me with #1 and #2!

I've really enjoyed and appreciated that you've introduced me to Kerli over the years. Great to see her get #1 with Spirit Animal. (Even though I didn't pick her for the #1, I actually thought she would get it!).
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Your #2 isn't bad, but your #1 is where the magic's act. I had a similar relationship with Clean Bandit: I heard "Rather Be" and didn't care much for it, then "Rockabye" was released and I went absolutely mad over the track. "Rockabye" was the precursor to me checking out "Symphony" as soon as I saw it on someone's personal chart - I can't remember if it was yours or JakeP's - and it was pretty close to love at first listen.

JSparksFan wrote:I voted for Zara in the poll. Let's see how far off I am!
I was right! 8-)
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Carbon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:02 pm

solid winner, not a fan of Zara, but her voice really fits the song. and I'm always a sucker for electronic production with strings
Carbon
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:17 am

Yasssss share that number one with me, it is great to see it be top of three charts, I agree with you it's perfect, I also agree I was surprised to see Zara pull it off live, but she did so flawlessly. Yes!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Tansike » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:55 pm

JakeP wrote:So these are my favourites in your top 100, songs that at least made my top 10. :wink:

I know i shouldn't be that surprised but it's still amazing how many songs we both enjoy a lot!

JakeP wrote:Ohh what i meant re; Perfect was the fact Ed needed three different versions to help his song get to #1. Then again he pulled that trick in the UK with Shape of you when he brought out that Stormzy remix. It just feels like cheating the system and not particularly genuine.

I didn't watch the Grammie awards 2018 last night purely because i was so tired. :lol: :oops: I must watch Kesha's performance on YouTube as i want to see just how amazing she was. <3

Spoiler:
I suspect Kerli will be #1, that's the track i voted for in the poll :wink:
Ah i got it wrong then, but yeah, that makes absolutely sense. I'm not too sure what to think about that release strategy as "Perfect" was already a big success without these two versions... the song just topped the Swiss Singles Charts for its 15th consecutive week, surpassing the 14 weeks of SOY and i'm like :roll:

I started to watch them but my life stream was awful plus the Pop Categories already went to Ed so my faves were already over, so i decided to go back to sleep for another 90 minutes before having to go to work... :oops: I watched her performance on YouTube afterwards and she did good, though not as good as i was hoping for. The performance still brought her the biggest effect on iTunes, "Praying" even went back into the US Spotify Chart and is still #114 there :o

Oh okay. I thought "Symphony" was more obvious :)

JakeP wrote::o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
A M A Z I N G

OMG i love this. <3 I really thought Kerli would be your #1 just because it's Kerli. This must be the first time we've both had the same year end #1. *cuddles*
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

WOW!

That's amazing! So there are three Year-End Charts on UKMix with "Symphony" at #1, how awesome is this?!

Here's a major spoiler for my #1 so only read it if you're really interested in it:

Spoiler:
Kerli would have been the #1 without the new rule that the points of older songs get reduced. One of the main reasons behind this rule was also the Singles YEC #1, as i thought Kerli didn't deserve the #1 spot with "Spirit Animal", as "Symphony" was clearly the stronger song. There was a similar case on the Album YEC which is yet to be revealed.

heppolo wrote:Spirit Animal is much better
Well #2 is already an amazing YEC position, isn't it? :D 8-)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:01 pm

SummerPeur wrote:Ugh yes girl you saved it for me with #1 and #2!

I've really enjoyed and appreciated that you've introduced me to Kerli over the years. Great to see her get #1 with Spirit Animal. (Even though I didn't pick her for the #1, I actually thought she would get it!).
Great news :D :o 8-)

Well well... she's only #2, but that's still amazing... and it's so good to hear this :)

JSparksFan wrote:Your #2 isn't bad, but your #1 is where the magic's act. I had a similar relationship with Clean Bandit: I heard "Rather Be" and didn't care much for it, then "Rockabye" was released and I went absolutely mad over the track. "Rockabye" was the precursor to me checking out "Symphony" as soon as I saw it on someone's personal chart - I can't remember if it was yours or JakeP's - and it was pretty close to love at first listen.

JSparksFan wrote:I voted for Zara in the poll. Let's see how far off I am!
I was right! 8-)
I know we were talking about "Symphony" being one of the best songs of 2017 one or two times in one of our charts topics so i knew you would love to see it ending up at #1 here. Definitely a magical song and i'm glad many people agree on this song being simply awesome. If i think about 2017 and a song, then it's definitely "Symphony", also due to personal reasons.

You were 8-)

Okay, to be fair, i was a little bit mean with not putting 'Clean Bandit' to the poll, but i really thought that would have been a too obvious winner, so i went with Zara in general :oops:

Carbon wrote:solid winner, not a fan of Zara, but her voice really fits the song. and I'm always a sucker for electronic production with strings
That's good to hear :D It's always nice if someone one dislikes is still able to release something good...

king_oxymoron wrote:Yasssss share that number one with me, it is great to see it be top of three charts, I agree with you it's perfect, I also agree I was surprised to see Zara pull it off live, but she did so flawlessly. Yes!
AMAZING :D :o 8-) Yes, we all got some awesome taste in music 8-) And yes... i really liked her even prior this release, but i always thought she's not the strongest live performer, so it was amazing to see her doing so well while performing "Symphony" :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:03 pm

So my real life keeps on screwing things up and hence the next countdown got delayed A LOT so far, but i'm pretty confident that i can start with the Album Countdown very soon.

First bubbling under, and second the main countdown, which will be a Top50. I'll most likely go through everything a bit faster than with the Singles Countdown, otherwise this will drag on for forever. Sorry for all the breaks and thanks to everyone who still kept on reading, following and commenting <3

Also, there's a new poll for the Album Countdown. Please vote if you'd like to :)
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:52 am

A L B U M . . Y E A R - E N D . . C H A R T S . . 2 0 1 7

180 different albums made my weekly Album Top20 in 2017, slightly breaking the record of 177 albums from 2016!

As mentioned, here are all missed spots / bubbling under positions first. These are the positions #180 - #51

Code: Select all
180.   John Legend   Darkness And Light
179.   Drake   More Life
178.   Mans Zelmerlöw   Chameleon
177.   Within Temptation   Hydra
176.   Tokio Hotel   Kings Of Suburbia
175.   Carrie Underwood   Greatest Hits: Decade #1
174.   Taylor Swift   1989
173.   Ed Sheeran   +
172.   Nina Kraljic   Samo
171.   Alicia Keys   Here
170.   Lana Del Rey   Born To Die
169.   Halsey   Badlands
168.   Adele   25
167.   Emeli Sandé   Long Live The Angels
166.   Chris Brown   Heartbreak On A Full Moon
165.   Lady GaGa   ARTPOP
164.   Kygo   Kids In Love
163.   Faun   Midgard
162.   Demi Lovato   Confident
161.   Rachel Platten   Wildfire
160.   Christina Grimmie   Side A EP
159.   Ariana Grande   Christmas Kisses EP
158.   Guy Sebastian   Part 1 EP
157.   Soundtrack   Fifty Shades Darker
156.   Louane   Louane
155.   Blackmore's Night   To The Moon And Back - 20 Years And Beyond
154.   Rag N Bone Man   Human
153.   Lady GaGa   The Fame
152.   Tarja   Ave Maria - En plein air
151.   MO   When I Was Young EP
150.   The Script   Freedom Child
149.   Taeyeon   This Christmas - Winter Is Coming
148.   Paramore   After Laughter
147.   John Mayer   The Search For Everything - Wave Two - EP
146.   Björk   Utopia
145.   The Chainsmokers   Memories...Do Not Open
144.   James Blunt   The Afterlove
143.   Little Mix   Glory Days
142.   Ariana Grande   My Everything
141.   Ariana Grande   Christmas & Chill EP
140.   Tove Lo   Blue Lips
139.   Kelly Clarkson   Meaning Of Life
138.   Cashmere Cat   9
137.   Sebalter   Awakening
136.   OneRepublic   Oh My My
135.   Charli XCX   Pop 2
134.   Maroon 5   Red Pill Blues
133.   Jaël   Orkestra
132.   Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness   Zombie On Broadway
131.   Grimes   Art Angels
130.   Mariah Carey   Merry Christmas
129.   Kerli   Utopia
128.   Tinie Tempah   Youth
127.   Miley Cyrus   Bangerz
126.   Chris Stapleton   From A Room: Volume 2
125.   Lady GaGa   The Fame Monster
124.   Pentatonix   That's Christmas To Me
123.   Lenka   Attune
122.   Maren Morris   Hero
121.   Guy Sebastian   Conscious
120.   Illenium   Awake
119.   Lena   Crystal Sky
118.   Lady GaGa   Born This Way
117.   Charli XCX   Number 1 Angel
116.   Lea Michele   Places
115.   The Weeknd   Beauty Behind The Madness
114.   The Rasmus   Dark Matters
113.   Hurts   Desire
112.   HAIM   Something To Tell You
111.   Milky Chance   Blossom
110.   Lindsey Stirling   Live From London
109.   Fergie   Double Dutchess
108.   Girls' Generation   Holiday Night - The 6th Album
107.   Sia   This Is Acting
106.   Tarja   The Brightest Void
105.   Eliane   Slow Motion
104.   Robin Schulz   Uncovered
103.   Seven Lions   Where I Won't Be Found
102.   Pegasus   Beautiful Life
101.   London Grammar   Truth Is A Beautiful Thing
100.   John Mayer   The Search For Everything - Wave One - EP
99.   PVRIS   All We Know Of Heaven, All We Need Of Hell
98.   Sia   Everyday Is Christmas
97.   Beth Ditto   Fake Sugar
96.   Harry Styles   Harry Styles
95.   Carrie Underwood   Storyteller
94.   Invader Girl   Dark Light EP
93.   The xx   I See You
92.   Lindsey Stirling   Shatter Me
91.   Chris Stapleton   From A Room: Volume 1
90.   Avicii   Avïci (01) - EP
89.   Inna   Nirvana
88.   Aly & AJ   Ten Years EP
87.   Ariana Grande   Dangerous Woman
86.   Paloma Faith   The Architect
85.   Alessia Cara   Know-It-All
84.   Tarja   The Shadow Self
83.   Loreen   Ride
82.   Coldplay   Kaleidoscope EP
81.   The Chainsmokers   Collage EP
80.   Macklemore   Gemini
79.   Anastacia   Evolution
78.   Selena Gomez   Revival
77.   Little Big Town   The Breaker
76.   Jasmine Thompson   Wonderland EP
75.   Kygo   Stargazing EP
74.   Kendrick Lamar   Damn.
73.   Amaranthe   Maximalism
72.   Lady Antebellum   Heart Break
71.   Lo & Leduc   Ingwer und Ewig
70.   Niall Horan   Flicker
69.   Nelly Furtado   The Ride
68.   Gwen Stefani   You Make It Feel Like Christmas
67.   John Mayer   The Search For Everything
66.   Shakira   El Dorado
65.   Various Artists   Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
64.   Lindsey Stirling   Lindsey Stirling
63.   Ed Sheeran   x
62.   Sunrise Avenue   Heartbreak Century
61.   Tokio Hotel   Dream Machine
60.   Passenger   The Boy Who Cried Wolf
59.   Epica   The Solace System EP
58.   Agnes Obel   Citizen Of Glass
57.   Sam Smith   The Thrill Of It All
56.   Calvin Harris   Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1
55.   Damian Lynn   Truth Be Told
54.   Fifth Harmony   Fifth Harmony
53.   Dua Lipa   Dua Lipa
52.   Helene Fischer   Helene Fischer
51.   Bebe Rexha   All Your Fault, Pt. 2 EP
Tansike
Legend

Postby flopho » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Never knew you enjoy Symphony so much, but it's a good #1, the song's hook is just too catchy.
As I said in another thread, I like Praying and its emotional lyrics (especially considering the story behind it), but the song itself is not very strong imo, but Kesha at least manages to take it to another level.
Big NO @ Ed sorry :lol:

Interesting album chart so far, there aren't a lot of albums I've listened to in full but still quite a number of good entries here

180. John Legend Darkness And Light
176. Tokio Hotel Kings Of Suburbia - haven't listened to this yet, but considered it since Girl Got A Gun sounds promising
175. Carrie Underwood Greatest Hits: Decade #1 - always here for Carrie, and the two new tracks we got were great, especially Something in the Water
170. Lana Del Rey Born To Die - Amazing album!
168. Adele 25 - didn't like it as much as 21 or the even better 19, but has a few nice songs on it like it River Lea, Sweetest Devotion, etc
165. Lady GaGa ARTPOP
153. Lady GaGa The Fame - Still her best in my opinion, I love her basic bops like Summerboy, I Like It Rough, Money Honey, The Fame and even songs like Brown Eyes, etc.
142. Ariana Grande My Everything - great album, my fav is the underrated You Don't Know Me
140. Tove Lo Blue Lips
132. Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness Zombie On Broadway - cool to see him here!
131. Grimes Art Angels
126. Chris Stapleton From A Room: Volume 2
122. Maren Morris Hero
119. Lena Crystal Sky - this album had some strong tracks on it like Invisible, Catapult, Traffic Lights and Beat to My Melody, it was very "Ellie Goulding rejected tracks EP" though
118. Lady GaGa Born This Way
115. The Weeknd Beauty Behind The Madness
112. HAIM Something To Tell You
101. London Grammar Truth Is A Beautiful Thing
97. Beth Ditto Fake Sugar
96. Harry Styles Harry Styles
95. Carrie Underwood Storyteller
94. Invader Girl Dark Light EP
91. Chris Stapleton From A Room: Volume 1
87. Ariana Grande Dangerous Woman - I expected more from her but still a solid album, Into You is still great and there are quite a few strong pop tracks like Side to Side, Greedy, Everyday and Touch It
85. Alessia Cara Know-It-All - cool to see this here, great album, still love My Song (which would've been a hit if she'd released it imo), Seventeen, I'm Yours, Here, etc.
77. Little Big Town The Breaker
72. Lady Antebellum Heart Break
58. Agnes Obel Citizen Of Glass
57. Sam Smith The Thrill Of It All
53. Dua Lipa Dua Lipa
¡Eh, mamá!
Me quiero matar
El mundo se va a la mierda
Y no he hecho nada
flopho
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:49 am

Thanks for commenting, flopho!

flopho wrote:Never knew you enjoy Symphony so much, but it's a good #1, the song's hook is just too catchy.
As I said in another thread, I like Praying and its emotional lyrics (especially considering the story behind it), but the song itself is not very strong imo, but Kesha at least manages to take it to another level.
Big NO @ Ed sorry :lol:
Ha yeah, i love(d) it so much! Definitely the best release of 2017 for me. Though i wouldn't count it to my all-time-faves yet, which only speaks against 2017 in a way. Glad you enjoy it, too!
Yes, the lyrics for "Praying" are really strong, but only work due to Kesha's background story.
Not surprised you dislike Ed, he seems to have a lot of people who dislike him :o

flopho wrote:Interesting album chart so far, there aren't a lot of albums I've listened to in full but still quite a number of good entries here

176. Tokio Hotel Kings Of Suburbia - haven't listened to this yet, but considered it since Girl Got A Gun sounds promising
175. Carrie Underwood Greatest Hits: Decade #1 - always here for Carrie, and the two new tracks we got were great, especially Something in the Water
168. Adele 25 - didn't like it as much as 21 or the even better 19, but has a few nice songs on it like it River Lea, Sweetest Devotion, etc
153. Lady GaGa The Fame - Still her best in my opinion, I love her basic bops like Summerboy, I Like It Rough, Money Honey, The Fame and even songs like Brown Eyes, etc.
142. Ariana Grande My Everything - great album, my fav is the underrated You Don't Know Me
132. Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness Zombie On Broadway - cool to see him here!
119. Lena Crystal Sky - this album had some strong tracks on it like Invisible, Catapult, Traffic Lights and Beat to My Melody, it was very "Ellie Goulding rejected tracks EP" though
87. Ariana Grande Dangerous Woman - I expected more from her but still a solid album, Into You is still great and there are quite a few strong pop tracks like Side to Side, Greedy, Everyday and Touch It
85. Alessia Cara Know-It-All - cool to see this here, great album, still love My Song (which would've been a hit if she'd released it imo), Seventeen, I'm Yours, Here, etc.
Woah, that's already a lot of albums you know/like :o

I only know the latest two albums by Tokio Hotel and "Kings Of Suburbia" is definitely far superior. Funny you're mentioning "Girl Got A Gun", as it's by far my favorite song on the album (and was also the reason why i got the full thing).

Love Carrie <3

I agree a bit on "25", though i prefer it to "19". The songs you mentioned are all amazing!

YASSS at "The Fame" :cry:

"You Don't Know Me" is cool, and nice to see you're familiar with Andrew!

Ellie Goulding rejected tracks EP sounds so fitting for "Crystal Sky" - in a good way, obviously :D

You just mentioned all my faves on "Dangerous Woman", though i agree that it's not as good as i was hoping for. ME is definitely the better album.

Unfortunately, i never really got that much into Alessia's debut apart from "Scars To Your Beautiful", but it was solid from what i remember.
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:50 am

So one vote for Halsey and one for 'someone else' in the poll so far - interesting!
Would be cool to hear if the one who voted for 'someone else' also has an idea who that 'someone else' may be? 8-)

The main countdown for the Album Year-End Charts will finally start this sunday.
Tansike
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:39 am

Tansike wrote:
The main countdown for the Album Year-End Charts will finally start this sunday.
Looking forward to this! Sorry I havent really had a chance to look into the Bubbling under bit babe.
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby Tansike » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:23 pm

^ no need to say sorry! I'm very, very glad you took the time to leave lots of comments on here already. I wish i would have the time to do the same on other peoples countdowns :oops:
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:46 pm

50. Cellar Darling – This Is The Sound
Chartrun: *1*-6-8-10-13-17-20-Out / 7w
Certification: -
In mid 2017, I discovered the Swiss folk-metal band Cellar Darling through YouTube and immediately added their debut album “This Is The Sound” to my library after falling in love with its lead single “Avalanche”. This is a great debut for them, and it sounds very international. I’m definitely looking forward to hear more from them. Highlight: Avalanche
49. Bebe Rexha – All Your Fault, Pt. 1
Chartrun: 9-*6*-7-11-14-15-17-16-19-Out / 9w
During her breakthrough phase, I didn’t bother that much about Bebe Rexha, until she released the smash “I Got You”. “All Your Fault, Pt. 1” was the first of a two-part-release and it offers some good Pop and Urban hits. The sweetest moment is “Small Doses”, which samples one of my faves: Lindsey Stirling. Highlight: Small Doses
48. Lauren Alaina – Road Less Traveled
Chartrun: *2*-3-7-10-13-15-20-Out / 7w
The beginning of a year is often very quiet when it comes to new releases, which gives unknown artists a better chance to shine on my chart, and that’s basically what happened to US Country singer Lauren Alaina. It's a nice Country album, I'd say a Carrie Underwood light edition. Highlight: Road Less Traveled
47. Pentatonix – A Pentatonix Christmas
Chartrun in 2016: *11*-13-18-19-Out-RE 12- / 5w
Chartrun in 2017: *1*-3-5-10-15-17-Out-RE 20-10- / 8w
Certification: GOLD
Ranking in the YEC 2016: #112
Acapella quintet Pentatonix made a good decision when they released yet another Christmas album in late 2016, and “A Pentatonix Christmas” was and still is even better than “That’s Christmas To Me”. Definitely a current Christmas staple, and I’m sure I’ll play this again during the next season. Highlight: Hallelujah
46. Alma – Ma peau aime
Chartrun: *2*-5-7-9-10-14-19-Out / 7w
2017 wasn’t the best year for Eurovision Song Contest artists, as none of their entries was a real big hit, and there’s a similar picture when it comes to album entries, as Alma’s “Ma peau aime” is the most successful album release from one of last years contestants. The singer from France has released a very solid debut album with some very solid pop songs. Highlight: Requiem
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:47 pm

45. RaeLynn – WildHorse
Chartrun: *3*-5-8-9-10-13-18-Out / 7w
Similar to fellow Country singer Lauren Alaina, RaeLynn also benefitted from a quiet time at the beginning of 2017. This is another good country album from the The Voice contestant and should have been more successful on the US Charts. Feel-Good Country-Pop. Highlight: Love Triangle
44. Train – a girl a bottle a boat
Chartrun: *3*-6-4-5-11-17-19-Out / 7w
Train were always hit or miss for me, and in 2017 they got the first with “Play That Song”, a nice and catchy tune. The song was the reason why I checked out “a girl a bottle a boat” and got positively surprised. No idea why they never gave the brilliant “Lottery” a proper single treatment and scored a huge smash with it… Highlight: Lottery
43. ZZ Ward – The Storm
Chartrun: 5-*4*-5-7-9-14-Out / 6w
Following the likes of Lauren Alaina, RaeLynn or Train, ZZ Ward is yet another artist from the US who released a pretty good album but got ignored by the public. “The Storm” was her second album and I still don’t get why she’s not bigger; she’s got the looks, she’s got the voice and her material is not bad at all. Highlight: Help Me Mama
42. Taeyeon – My Voice – The 1st Album
Chartrun: *2*-3-7-10-13-15-20-Out / 7w
South Korean superstar Taeyeon scored her very first notation on my chart with her solo debut album “My Voice”. It wasn’t just her first entry, but also the very first entry for a K-Pop album. If you like well done Pop music, I’d really recommend this release. Highlight: Make Me Love You
41. Evanescence – Synthesis
Chartrun: *2*-3-6-9-9-13- / 6w
Evanescence finally returned to the music scene in 2017 with not only one, but two releases. “Synthesis” was the second one and contains several old songs, but re-recorded with an orchestra. So far it’s their worst performing album on my weekly charts but I’m going to see them live soon so they should have another successful year in 2018. Definitely a must-have for fans of their stuff. I’m still not completely over the fact that they didn’t credit Lindsey Stirling on “Hi-Lo” though. Highlight: Hi-Lo
Tansike
Legend

Postby Blondini » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:22 pm

Tansike wrote:So one vote for Halsey and one for 'someone else' in the poll so far - interesting!
Would be cool to hear if the one who voted for 'someone else' also has an idea who that 'someone else' may be? 8-)

No idea. Hence my vote. :lol:
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer

Postby Tansike » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Blondini wrote:
Tansike wrote:So one vote for Halsey and one for 'someone else' in the poll so far - interesting!

No idea. Hence my vote. :lol:
Ah, makes sense then! :D
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:32 pm

40. Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me
Chartrun: *2*-3-4-7-13-18-16-18-Out / 8w
September 2017 saw a battle between the two former Disney girls Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus, and who would have thought that Demi would win that battle by several miles – at least on the official charts out there? Her fifth album “Tell Me You Love Me” is probably her most solid one yet, even though there are some real bangers missing. The lead single was very misleading, as it’s one of the worst things she’s done so far. Highlight: Tell Me You Love Me
39. Tarja – From Spirits And Ghosts (Score For A Dark Christmas)
Chartrun: *2*-2-3-4-6- / 5w
Finnish siren Tarja obviously made my countdown as well with her latest Christmas album “From Spirits And Ghosts”. It’s not the typical kind of Christmas album, as it’s not full of joy but very dark and creepy. Overall a very interesting release. Highlight: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
38. Shania Twain – Now
Chartrun: 3-*2*-3-6-10-17-18-Out / 7w
Last year was a year with several comebacks, and one of the biggest ones definitely was the return of Canadian superstar Shania Twain, who was absent for over a decade. “Now” was a great release with a very modern sound, but I’d say the country feeling is completely gone and this is mostly a pop release. It’s still very good nonetheless and even exceeded my expectations. Highlight: Poor Me
37. Pentatonix – PTX, Vol. IV – Classics
Chartrun: *6*-12-20-16-10-13-14-17-16-19-17-14-17-20-17-16-20-Out / 17w
Already Pentatonix’ second entry on the countdown, and a very special one. “PTX, Vol. IV – Classics” is the most successful album of 2017 that didn’t peak inside the weekly Top5, and despite its relatively low YEC-placing it’s tied with another release as the seventh longest charting album of last year. The set contains a few covers of some classics such as “Imagine” or “Take On Me”, and its longevity was due to a very special moment in real life which was going on at the time of its release. Highlight: Jolene with Dolly Parton
36. Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
Chartrun in 2016: *1*-2-2-3-3- / 5w
Chartrun in 2017: 7-6-*4*-5-7-8-13-18-17-19-Out / 10w
Ranking in the YEC 2016: #34
Bruno already showed a similar performance on the Year-End Charts 2016 with “24K Magic”, his latest and third studio album. It’s very solid as a whole, but the standouts aren’t as strong as on his previous two sets, so my feelings towards this as similar like in Demi Lovato’s case. Highlight: Perm
Tansike
Legend

Postby Tansike » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:33 pm

35. Taylor Swift – Reputation
Chartrun: *3*-7-3-4-5-8- / 6w
Wannabe Pop Princess Taylor Swift has released her long awaited new album in late 2017, and “Reputation” definitely is another good pop record. However, it’s nearly impossible to get a good follow-up to something like “1989”, so I was very disappointed in this at first and had to get into it. After several plays, I started to enjoy it, especially the first half, which has some awesome songs, but “Reputation” still remains one of her weakest releases as a whole and definitely is her least likeable album to date. But don’t get me wrong, it’s still very good. Highlight: Don’t Blame Me
34. Tori Amos – Native Invader
Chartrun: *1*-2-4-9-10-12-16-17-Out / 8w
While I always knew who Tori Amos was, I never fully checked her out, until someone was taking part with one of her albums in UKMix’ Album Cup like one or two years ago. I really enjoyed her entry, so I decided to check her newest album “Native Invader” out when it came out last year – and I got blown away! The opener “Reindeer King” already has some magic on it, and its atmosphere is perfect for the whole album. I played this to death in its first week, which was probably why I got over it quicker than I should have. Highlight: Up The Creek
33. Christina Grimmie – All Is Vanity
Chartrun: *1*-4-6-8-8-11-16-17-17-Out / 9w
2017 saw the release of “All Is Vanity”, the most likely final album by the late Christina Grimmie. Like the stuff she’s released before her death, the album contains some well made pop tracks, though I have to admit that it’s not her very best work. Highlight: Steady Love
32. Vanessa Mai – Regenbogen
Chartrun: 7-7-11-15-13-*4*-9-15-16-Out-RE 17-15- / 11w
German Schlager-Pop is becoming more and more a thing, and while Helene Fischer already got two smashes on my chart, there wasn’t a big success on the album charts so far when it comes to that genre… until “Regenbogen”! Vanessa Mai’s second solo album already surprised me during the first few plays, but with time, the album track “Schönster Moment” really took off and I fell in love with it. I’d even say it’s one of the best songs of 2017, (Schlager-)dance-pop at its best, and it’s not even the only good thing on “Regenbogen”! Highlight: Schönster Moment
31. Amy MacDonald – Under Stars
Chartrun: *1*-2-4-9-10-12-14-18-17-Out / 9w
Scottish singer-songwriter Amy MacDonald finally returned in 2017 after nearly five years. “Under Stars” was her fourth album and as expected it was yet another very good release from the highly sympathetic singer. While it’s not as strong as her previous releases, there are still some nice tunes on this. Highlight: Under Stars
Tansike
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:40 pm

Demi a bit to low in IMO :(. She honestly made a great album and seems to be getting better and better with every release.
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Return to Year End Personal Charts