No votes
Major Lazer + Anitta & Pabllo Vittar | Sua Cara
No votes
Katy Perry + Nicki Minaj | Swish Swish
15%

Total votes : 13

Postby Benjamin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Tansike wrote:Love the latest updates!
"I Got You", "Praying", "Disconnect" and "Move Your Body" are all truly amazing.
Surprised how high Tori Amos is, but that's obviously well deserved (even though i think "Cloud Riders" is actually one of the weakest songs on "Native Invader")
Really? I like the 'Native Invader' album, but this is definitely one of the highlights for me.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:24 pm

025. Camila Cabello | Crying In The Club
Camila's official debut single wasn't the worldwide chart hit the label expected it to be. Even though I think 'Havana' is the better song, 'Crying In The Club' deserved much more success. I love that she (unofficially?) sampled Christina Aguilera's 'Genie In A Bottle'. It's what makes the song for me.

024. Shakira + Nicky Jam | Perro Fiel
Certified latin bop. It took Shakira ages to release the follow-up to 'Me Enamoré', but she finally did and chose the right song. I think 'Perro Feel' could have been a much bigger hit in Latin America if she had released it a bit earlier, in the summer. Although I both 'Me Enamoré' and 'Chantaje' are better songs - I'm glad she released this as a single.

023. Ricky Martin + Maluma | Vente Pa' Ca
I liked this song when it first was released in September 2016, but I only started to love it in Spring 2017. The song became a huge hit in Spain this year and when I was there I heard it everywhere. My friends there loved it and we played it over and over again a their house. 'Vente Pa' Ca' brings back good memories.

022. Amerie | REDRUM
You probably missed it, but Amerie (I refuse to acknowledge the 'ii') released a new single this year. She delivered, because 'REDRUM' is that tune. I love the trap beat on this. It's a shame Amerie released it and then deleted everything that points to the existence of this track from her social media accounts. She's basically pretending the song's not out there. I have no idea why, but I'm glad we got this bop.

021. Michelle Branch | Hopeless Romantic
I was over the moon when Michelle Branch announced she was releasing a new album after all these years. 'Hopeless Romantic' is a great record and the album's title track is fantastic. I was so happy she planned an European tour in September and bought tickets to see her show. Unfortunately she cancelled the tour, because of label conflicts (again). I'm not happy about this and I wish she would finally get it together. She's talented and lovely.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:39 am

"Crying in the Club" is fantastic! It's even better than "Genie in a Bottle," in my opinion. I ranked it similarly.
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:13 am

JSparksFan wrote:"Crying in the Club" is fantastic! It's even better than "Genie in a Bottle," in my opinion. I ranked it similarly.
Glad you really like CITC, but saying it's better than 'Genie..' now sis... :lol:
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:35 am

Thanks you all for following and commenting on my countdown. It's time for the Top 20 now.

020. Anne-Marie | Ciao Adios
Definitely one of the most catchy pop releases of 2017. Anne-Marie's 'Ciao Adios' is such bop. Its as released in February, but I still enjoyed it during the Summer, as it's such an uplifting track. Perfect for that time of the year. Unfortunately Anne-Marie hasn't impressed me as much with her other releases (yet). I hope she will release another smash like this again. The song kind of reminds me of Lady Gaga's 'Alejandro'. It gives the same vibe.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:39 am

019. Miley Cyrus | Malibu
I dare to say this is the best thing Miley Cyrus has ever released. Yes, I liked 'Party In The U.S.A.' and I liked her 'Bangerz' album, but this sounds may more authentic. I feel like Miley has finally found the right sound for her. 'Bangerz' felt forced at times, this feels more natural. I expected 'Malibu' to be a much bigger hit than it was, simply because it's so catchy. One of the best pop releases of 2017.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby UKMusicLova » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am

'Malibu' is such a feel good summer hit! You're right, this sound suits her so much!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:20 am

Yasssss Stan Nick Jonas with me! Both Find You and Remember I Told You are superb. And yes he looks a dream in the RITY video.

Shame you don't think Anne-Marie had a great year outside of Ciao Adios, there we disagree!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Benjamin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:36 am

king_oxymoron wrote:Yasssss Stan Nick Jonas with me! Both Find You and Remember I Told You are superb. And yes he looks a dream in the RITY video.

Shame you don't think Anne-Marie had a great year outside of Ciao Adios, there we disagree!
Yaaaas! Finally someone who agrees with me on Nick. I'm so thirsty haha.

As for Anne-Marie, I liked her on Snakehips' 'Either Way' and I like 'Then'. 'Heavy' was only okay for me. :)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:51 am

Okay, then I agree, Heavy is cute and I prob should have included it in my lower chart, but it is the one I left out, others I adore,
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Thriller » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Ameriie's single was decent!
Thriller

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:35 am

018. Cardi B | Bodak Yellow
Cardi B had such a great year, scoring her first ever hit with 'Bodak Yellow' - and the song even peaked at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. At first I didn't like the song, but it grew on me really fast when I heard the Latin Trap Mix. That version is superior, because Cardi sounds even better when she raps in Spanish. I really like the girl and I hope she will continue to deliver bops like 'Bodak Yellow' and 'Bartier Cardi'. She's fun.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:36 am

017. Anitta | Paradhina
Brazilian superstar Anitta released one of the hottest singles this year with 'Paradhina'. The song, sung in Spanish and not in her native tongue, was a massive hit in Latin America and some European countries. I remember hearing this in a gay club in Lisbon this Summer. The crowd went crazy when they played this and 'Sua Cara' back to back. I've started scanning for Anitta this year, as she delivers bop after bop. The Queen of Brazil.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:41 am

016. Major Lazer + Anitta & Pabllo Vittar | Sua Cara
After a couple of disappointing releases ('Cold Water', 'Run Up') Major Lazer came back with their 'Know No Better' EP. The music on this EP did not disappoint. I think 'Sua Cara' is one of the best songs Diplo and his friends ever released. It's as good as 'Lean On' for me. This song is a tune and goes off in the clubs. I respect Major Lazer for working with Anitta and Pabllo Vittar. The music video for the song is great and I must give props to Diplo. I love how both Anitta and Pabllo get to seduce him and touch him. And not only Anitta, as I expected the situation to be. That's some true emancipation here.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:38 am

"Malibu" definitely deserved greater chart success, but I can name at least five stronger Miley singles, and she has a handful of superior album tracks, too.

Yay at more "Bodak Yellow" love! It was a huge highlight for me, easily the best hip/hop track of 2017. "Ciao Adiós" isn't bad.
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:11 pm

"Ciao Adios" is so amazing <3
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:58 pm

015. Toni Braxton | Deadwood
Toni Braxton finally came back with new music and she didn't disappoint. The R&B veteran delivered a very sweet and soft mid-tempo song with 'Deadwood'.The song sounds like 2017's more pop version of 'Spanish Guitar' - one of my Toni all-time favourites. I'm excited for the new album, I hope it includes some killer ballads and some red hot club songs. I need a 2018 'He Wasn't Man Enough' kind of hit from her.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:59 pm

014. Becky G + Bad Bunny | Mayores
Becky G is no longer the Disney teenage star singing in the shower. She's grown up now and releasing actual good singles. 'Mayores' is one hell of a tune and its music video is the second most viewed video on YouTube by a female artist in 2017 (behind Natti Natasha's 'Criminal'). The song hit #1 in Spain too. I kept hearing it everywhere when I was on holiday. I can't wait for more Becky G this year. 'Mayores' slayed so hard.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby UKMusicLova » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:10 am

'Deadwood' is very good, Toni's recent output has been so good. It's very confident, and something slightly different for her as well!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 am

I dare to say this is the best thing Miley Cyrus has ever released. Yes, I liked 'Party In The U.S.A.' and I liked her 'Bangerz' album
Put this with Can't Be Tamed - and it is one of her best releases for sure. :D
How about you Get the F*** Out.
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:44 am

013. Ed Sheeran | Shape Of You (Latin Mix)
This song was everywhere. Ed really has a super successful comeback with 'Shape Of You'. I like the original, but fell in love with the Latin Mix. It's far superior and I don't understand why it got unnoticed. This might become my fave Ed single ever as it's just too catchy.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby heppolo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:09 am

this annual chart is now getting too latin
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:11 am

heppolo wrote:this annual chart is now getting too latin
Uh oh! Well beware, there's more coming. :lol:
2017 was a latin flavoured year for me.

Or actually, I've always been a big fan of Spanish/Latin music (waaaaay before 'Despacito').
I guess that's why I'm so happy it's taking over now.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby heppolo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:42 pm

Benjamin wrote:I guess that's why I'm so happy it's taking over now.
Macarena was better than all those bops, I always prefer the OGs over new talentless generation of bandwagon acts. :lol:
Because Little Mix and co. will easily do grunge, bubblegum pop, K-pop or any other genre if it becomes relevant for the masses for whatever reason :lol:
Waffles are checked cookies
heppolo
Legend

Postby Tansike » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:11 pm

025. Camila Cabello | Crying In The Club
024. Shakira + Nicky Jam | Perro Fiel
020. Anne-Marie | Ciao Adios
019. Miley Cyrus | Malibu
018. Cardi B | Bodak Yellow
013. Ed Sheeran | Shape Of You (Latin Mix)

Like/love these from the Top25 so far!
Well, i never heard the Latin Mix for "Shape Of You", the original is awesome. Guess i need to check out that mix.
"Malibu" is my fave out of them, such a great pop song :D
Tansike
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts