Younger Now is beautiful
FAB is catchy, but grew off me a lot, and I dislike the Remy Ma part
необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат

last.fm
Carbon
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:06 am

LOVE Fake Ass Bitches!

Surprised to see Symphony so low. Good to see that underrated Dua track. Shawn too!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Benjamin » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:33 am

MY TOP 100 OF 2017: THE COUNTDOWN

100. Liam Payne + Quavo | Strip That Down
Liam's debut solo single wasn't anything I expected it to be, but I really liked it anyway. The song is super catchy and I think Liam's definitely channeling his inner Justin Timberlake (but needs more practise). Did I mention he's super hot? I'm jealous of Cheryl getting that good One D.

099. ZAYN + Taylor Swift | I Don't Wanna Live Forever
ZAYN collaborated with Taylor Swift on the '50 Shades' soundtrack and released one of the best singles in his solo career so far. Beautiful atmospheric song. It's Taylor's highest entry this year, but King ZAYN has one more song coming up.

098. Echosmith | Goodbye
Echosmith's big comeback kind of went by unnoticed. A shame, because their EP 'Inside A Dream' is actually really good. The EP's lead single 'Goodbye' is super catchy and dreamy. I expected this to become a big radio hit, but I was wrong. The band is expected to release their second studio album net year, hopefully they'll have more luck.

097. Drake | Passionfruit
Drake delivered a great album/EP/mixtape/playlist(?) with 'More Life'. One of the highlights is the single 'Passionfruit' that became another big hit for him. I still hate him for replacing Jennifer Lopez on 'Get It Together' though. I really wanted to hear their version. I love him for sampling 'If You Had My Love' on 'Teenage Fever', so I guess that makes us even, Drizzy.

096. Wizkid | Daddy Yo
Nigerian singer Wizkid, known for his contribution to Drake's 'One Dance', released his 'Daddy Yo' early 2017. The song deserved to be at least half as big as 'One Dance', but unfortunately it was a huge flop. It's still a good bop though.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby GetBack » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:35 am

Benjamin wrote:
MY TOP 100 OF 2017: THE COUNTDOWN

100. Liam Payne + Quavo | Strip That Down
Liam's debut solo single wasn't anything I expected it to be, but I really liked it anyway. The song is super catchy and I think Liam's definitely channeling his inner Justin Timberlake (but needs more practise). Did I mention he's super hot? I'm jealous of Cheryl getting that good One D.
:o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GetBack
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:38 am

^ :oops: :oops:
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:05 pm

From your final missed batch, I like:

Spoiler:
120. Shawn Mendes | There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back
113. Maluma | Corazón
111. Dua Lipa + Miguel | Lost In Your Light
110. Selena Gomez + Marshmello | Wolves
109. Charli XCX | Boys
107. DJ Khaled + Justin Bieber + Lil’ Wayne & Quavo | I’m The One
104. Miley Cyrus | Younger Now
101. Rita Ora | Your Song

"Strip That Down" was a huge disappointment. "I Don't Wanna Live Forever" is gorgeous! "Passionfruit" is good.
And the category is: LIVE. WORK. POSE!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:58 am

I love 'Boys' by Charli XCX, it's such a simple but great pop song!

'Passionfruit' is classic Drake, very catchy and rhythmic.
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:00 am

Liam's debut solo single wasn't anything I expected it to be,
It was exactly what I expected it to be :lol:

He done good though, such a great song!
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:25 am

095. N.O.R.E. + Pharrell | Uno Más
'Uno Más' is the first N.O.R.E. single to have caught my attention since Nina Sky-assisted 'Oye Mi Canto' (2004). That song was such a tune, by the way. 'Uno Más' is an ultimate summer bop, produced by the genius Pharrell. That beat is infectious. Shame this wasn't a big hit for them.

094. OneRepublic | Future Looks Good
OneRepublic's fourth album 'Oh My My' really wasn't as good as their amazing third album 'Native', but still had some good tunes. 'Future Looks Good' is one of those tracks that deserved to be big. I wish they gave this song a proper push, because I think it could have been a big hit. Uplifting song, positive lyrics. Makes me happy.

093. Harry Styles | Sign Of The Times
Just like his ex-bandmates Harry Styles also released solo music this year. 'Sign Of The Times' is one hell of a debut single and he definitely left his mark with this release. It's clear Harry is going to be the Robbie Williams of One Direction and that he probably has a very successful solo career ahead of him. This song is a modern classic.

092. ZAYN + Sia | Dusk Till Dawn
Daddy ZAYN released another lovely duet with a female singer this year. 'Dusk Till Dawn' with Sia is probably my favourite ZAYN single since his debut 'Pillowtalk'. I'm really happy this was such a global hit for him, as he remains my favourite ex-One Direction member. This song is beautiful and Sia slays as usual.

091. Carly Rae Jepsen | Cut To The Feeling
Bop bop bop this is superpop. Carly Rae delivered the most poppy song of he year with the release of 'Cut To The Feeling'. It's such a happy anthem and so super catchy. Bubblegum. I can't wait to hear Carly's new material that's expected to be released in 2018. She always delivers.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:28 pm

090. Cassie + G-Eazy | Love A Loser
Cassie has been teasing new music on her social media accounts for years, but this Summer she finally released a new single. 'Love A Loser' is no new 'Me & U' - but a bop nonetheless. G-Eazy delivers a good verse on this too. Glad to finally have new Cassie music.

089. Remy Ma + Lil' Kim | Wake Me Up
Rema Ma teamed up with Queen B for her long-awaited new single 'Wake Me Up'. I really like the track; Remy delivers and Kim sounds good on the chorus. I just wish Kimmy wouldn't mumble so much and would also rap a verse on this track. I think that would make the song even more interesting. Time to release that remix.

088. Lil' Kim | Took Us A Break
Hell froze over, because Lil' Kim released a new single in 2017. 'Took Us A Break' is just a buzz track, because according to Kim the first single off the new album is coming early 2018. Although the song is not on par with most of her older material, it's nice to hear a new Lil' Kim song again. I stan for this woman and I know she still has it. More rapping, less mumbling and she will be fine.

087. Charlie Puth | Attention
His debut album didn't do much for me, as I only really liked his duet with Selena Gomez and a remix of 'Suffer'. Charlie's new music - and in particular 'Attention' - did much more for me. He's channeling Justin Timberlake here and I like it. 'How Long' is also nice, but not as good. Still interested in hearing the album though.

086. I Am Aisha | Yeke
I Am Aisha is a Dutch singer and rapper whose biggest inspiration is Lil' Kim. 'Yeke' is the best single she's released so far, because it's a total banger. The song's in Dutch, but also contains parts in Surinam and Spanish. The sample of Loona's 1998 smash hit 'Bailando' is great too. I go crazy whenever I hear this in the club.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Thriller » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:12 pm

CRJ and Charlie Puth are the best entries so far for me! Both great pop moments of the year, although How Long is even better for CP.
Thriller

Postby Fan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:47 pm

YAAY for Yeke!! :D :D
Such a massive tune. I think I actually discovered it because of you when you posted the topic over here and I have been addicted ever since. Love <3

Daddy Zayn :lol: :oops: There are actually very few 1D solo singles I have heard and even less that I actually liked, but Dusk 'Till Dawn is pretty incredible. Zayn and Sia make a great duo. The Lil Kim song was decent, but I hope she comes back harder when she released her 'real' new single.

Carly + Cassie were both very nice as well.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:24 pm

"Sign of the Times" was a fantastic debut effort from Harry. I'm excited to hear what he comes up with for his next project. "Dusk Till Dawn" was a huge grower for me. Zayn seems to be doing quite well in the singles department. "Cut to the Feeling" is yet another quality pop jam in Carly Rae's CV.

"Love a Loser" is just okay for me. "Wake Me Up" was better than I expected it to be, but I agree that Lil Kim's mumbling is off-putting. Remy did well, though. "Attention" is good.
And the category is: LIVE. WORK. POSE!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:44 pm

I like "Attention".

Despite becoming a huge Taylor Swift fan in December 2016/in 2017, "I Don't Wanna Live Forever" is one of my least favorite songs from her. I also only played it like 25 times. :lol: IDK, I just don't like it. But good to see her making the countdown, too.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Fan wrote:YAAY for Yeke!! :D :D
Such a massive tune. I think I actually discovered it because of you when you posted the topic over here and I have been addicted ever since. Love <3.
Aaaw yay :) such a tune indeed. Her new EP is quite nice too by the way. The cover is great, she definitely looks like ‘90s Lil’ Kim there haha.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:11 pm

Just a side note Benjamin, I am LOVING the display of your countdown. I could never..... :cry:

I will comment on some songs shortly!
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:14 pm

SummerPeur wrote:Just a side note Benjamin, I am LOVING the display of your countdown. I could never..... :cry:

I will comment on some songs shortly!
Thanks sweets! :) it’s really not that hard: just place the content in the center with the [ center ] content [ / center ] function haha.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:51 am

085. Halsey | Bad At Love
Much better than the lead single. 'Now Or Never' was a carbon copy of Rihanna's 'Needed Me', but 'Bad At Love' is something else. Great pop song with quite relatable lyrics. The only thing I don't like about it is the music video. I'm happy this is such a big US hit for Halsey. The album is actually really good.

084. Maroon 5 + Future | Cold
One of the best Maroon 5 singles in a while. I like it much better than 'I Don't Wanna Know' and 'What Lovers Do'. I'm usually not a big fan of Future, but he sounds good on this too.

083. LeAnn Rimes | Long Live Love
Stop sleeping on LeAnn Rimes. All of you. She released one of the best (adult?) pop albums this year with the release of her
16th(!) studio album 'Remnants'. 'Long Live Love' is one of the highlights, it's such a catchy song with a good message. It's not the highest entry for LeAnn on my chart this year as there's one more song coming.

082. Loreen | Body
It's kind of harsh to say, but everything Loreen released in 2017 (an Eurovision single, a 3 track EP and a full studio album) flopped.
That said, she really delivered good music. The 'RIDE' album is more indie pop, but the 'Nude' EP was straight up dance and experimental. 'Body' is a real banger and deserved to smash. I still love her.

081. Imagine Dragons | Whatever It Takes
2017 was a huge year for Imagine Dragons. After the lukewarm response to their sophomore album 'Smoke + Mirros' they absolutely smashed with the release of their third record 'EVOLVE'. 'Whatever It Takes' is such an anthem - and much better than the overrated 'Thunder' too. There's one Imagine Dragons song yet to come.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Cut To The Feeling - is my jam! Carly hasn’t missed a beat yet. I don’t think she ever will, just pure pop bliss.

Charlie and Kimmi - both great songs.

Whatever it takes - Such an Anthem indeed, couldn’t of put it better myself.
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:08 pm

SummerPeur wrote:Cut To The Feeling - is my jam! Carly hasn’t missed a beat yet. I don’t think she ever will, just pure pop bliss.
Agreed! She really knows how to deliver a proper pop tune.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby king_oxymoron » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:29 am

Lots of 1D :lol: at your Liam write up. For me that's his only ok attempt, it's nice enough. Don't like Harry's, don't like Zayns Taylor duet, much prefer the Sia one.

Cut To The Feeling, cute, great chorus, charted it similarly.

Attention is great, I feel like he's doing Justin Timberlake far better than Liam is managing.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Benjamin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:40 am

080. Zara Larsson | I Would Like
I still don't understand why they didn't push this as the proper worldwide single, but hey, record labels haha. Such a catchy track with a great usage of the 'Dat Sexy Body' song. If she continues to release fresh and catchy pop songs like this in the future, I think Zara is here to stay.

079. Inna | Ruleta
Inna is one of those artists that always pop up out of nowhere with a release of another hot single. 'Ruleta' is no exception. I think this is one of her best songs yet and I don't understand why this wasn't a big global hit this Summer. una vida llegaste la ruleeeeeta. I love when she delivers Spanish bops.

078.The Chainsmokers + Coldplay | Something Just Like This
One of the biggest and unexpected collaborations of the year came from DJ duo The Chainsmokers and Coldplay. 'Something Just Like This' is my favourite Chainsmokers single since 'Don't Let Me Down' (a true dance classic in my books) and much better than the other singles they released from their album. Chris Martin sounds good on this.

077. Imagine Dragons | Believer
The highest entry for Imagine Dragons is with the lead single from their latest album. Although the song had to grow on me at first, I think 'Believer' was the perfect song for them to release as their comeback single. I think the band will remembered for this one and 'Radioactive' the most.

076. Shania Twain | Swingin' With My Eyes Closed
I still can't believe Shania Twain made her big comeback this year. Even though the new material isn't on par with the music on 'Come On Over' or 'Up!' - she still released a pretty great album with 'Now'. 'Swinging' With My Eyes Closed' should have been the lead single instead of 'Life's About To Get Good', because the song would've been perfect for the Summer.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby king_oxymoron » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:11 pm

I enjoyed Something Just Like This but honestly I had completely forgotten about it!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Return to Year End Personal Charts