Heppolo 2017 Top 100

Moderators: tdc2000, JSparksFan, FreakyFlyBry

 

Postby heppolo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:22 pm

Image
No one is really going to be interested in this mess of a countdown.

There will be no polls or barely any entertainment.

The first batch is going to be the Bubbling Under (from the number 200 to 101).
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby Tansike » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:25 pm

I'm definitely following this, even though i most probably won't know a single song :oops: But i'll check out the highest placing ones for sure!
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 40815
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby heppolo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:33 pm

^Thank you. I hope I won't waste too much of your time.
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby heppolo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Image
Bubbling under 200-191
#200 Tall Blonde - I Will Light Up The Sea - piano-led indie pop song
#199 Haloo Helsinki! - Tuntematon - finnish pop-rock band
#198 Vanbot - Collide (Krasnoyarsk) - synthpop (borderline coldwave-ish) with The Trans-Siberian Railway topic attached to it
#197 Meat Wave - Run You Out - the angrier song of that bunch
#196 Stereophonics - Caught By The Wind - not exactly a return to form, but they are still going so I am with it
#195 MAALA - Crazy - essentially a pop version of "Hotline Bling" with a NZ twist on it
#194 Phum Viphurit - Long Gone - lo-fi soul that went a little bit viral
#193 Clairo - Pretty Girl - lo-fi bedroom pop that went a little bit viral
#192 Noah Gundersen - The Sound - one of the very few american acts on my list, a catchy indie pop song
#191 El Perro Del Mar - Fight For Life - Swedish indie pop singer
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby Blondini » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:42 pm

heppolo wrote:No one is really going to be interested in this mess of a countdown.

There will be no polls or barely any entertainment.

:lol: Apart from wondering why you've compared yourself to a play called The Robbers? :D

Vanbot 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
User avatar
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer
 
Posts: 53795
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, UK

Postby heppolo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:46 pm

:lol: Apart from wondering why you've compared yourself to a play called The Robbers? :D
That's easy. I am robbing those who dare to check this top of their precious time :lol:

Vanbot is ultra-cool, maybe I forgot about this a bit, hence only #198
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby trebor » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:53 pm

heppolo wrote:That's easy. I am robbing those who dare to check this top of their precious time :lol:
That's hardly the meaning of Schiller's The Robbers, though! :wink:
User avatar
trebor
Legend
 
Posts: 11560
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014

Postby Carbon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:33 pm

Clairo's interesting, though a bit too repetitive for me to replay. maybe it'll creep up to me after some listens. the vid's hypnotic though
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.


last.fm

Carbon's 2017 Faves
- check it out!
User avatar
Carbon
Legend
 
Posts: 21136
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013
Location: Zero Point

Postby heppolo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:08 am

trebor wrote:
heppolo wrote:That's easy. I am robbing those who dare to check this top of their precious time :lol:
That's hardly the meaning of Schiller's The Robbers, though! :wink:
But I am doing this from (supposedly) higher moral ground (of the flopstar universe) :lol:
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby heppolo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:09 am

Carbon wrote:Clairo's interesting, though a bit too repetitive for me to replay. maybe it'll creep up to me after some listens. the vid's hypnotic though
The vid's both hypnotic and a little bit too much aesthetic
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby heppolo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:32 am

Image
Bubbling under 190-181
#190 Roo Panes - A Message To Myself - not his best work, but still a good song
#189 Skinny Lister - Christmas Calls - not your ordinary Christmas Carol
#188 Ida Mae - Feel Them Getting Closer - blues, soul, indie and a distinctive female vocal
#187 Nelson Can - Miracle - indie pop
#186 Mikromusic - Na krzywy ryj - Polish band with a very distinctive, melancholic sound
#185 Ride - All I Want - still going strong
#184 Wax Idols - Deborah - rock out
#183 And So I Watch You From Afar - A Slow Unfolding Of Wings - quality instrumental
#182 The Elwins - Hey! Ya, You - another catchy indie pop song
#181 Rae Morris - Do It - this should have been her year
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby heppolo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Image
Bubbling under 180-171
#180 Spector - Untitled in D - if we leave no trace, we never existed
#179 Hundred Waters - Fingers - dreamy music
#178 Soltanto - Se chiudi gli occhi si vola - beautiful italian song, acoustic/pop-rock
#177 Clara-Nova - The Illusionist - accessible and catchy pop song
#176 Richard Thorncroft - You Can't Handcuff The Wind - the movie was rightfully panned, but the song was catchy (but some 80s inspired songs this year were better)
#175 Jacob Miller and the Bridge City Crooners - Spin That Record - that was fun
#174 Milk Teeth - Owning Your Okayness - basic pop-rock which we need in our lives sometimes
#173 The/Das - Moon - we can dance a little
#172 Declan O'Donovan - Down To The Bottom - indie pop ballad
#171 Shout Out Louds - Oh Oh - Everyone kinda forgot about their beautiful baroque pop/indie pop formula
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby Tansike » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:12 pm

So, as expected, i know nothing so far, but i checked out your #199 (Haloo Helsinki! - Tuntematon) as i enjoyed their entry on the current FSC ("Hulluuden Highway") and this is another nice song by them!
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 40815
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby heppolo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Tansike wrote:So, as expected, i know nothing so far, but i checked out your #199 (Haloo Helsinki! - Tuntematon) as i enjoyed their entry on the current FSC ("Hulluuden Highway") and this is another nice song by them!
You should know Rae Morris and (probably) Stereophonics.
You'd like MAALA and maybe Hundred Waters and Clara-Nova
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby Blondini » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:08 pm

:lol: at the pics!
You know you've got love, though. :wink:
Trying to persuade people to click on things they don't know is like pulling teeth without the equipment so no-one is likely to be "robbed".
At least the forum's got busier, eh? :lol: :roll:

Agree about Rae. The public got the chance to hear her and still they said "no". Only dance/urban crossovers or bland ballads have any chance of being hits. :-?

Spector did much better in the past.
User avatar
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer
 
Posts: 53795
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, UK

Postby heppolo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:12 pm

Blondini wrote::lol: at the pics!
You know you've got love, though. :wink:
Trying to persuade people to click on things they don't know is like pulling teeth without the equipment so no-one is likely to be "robbed".
At least the forum's got busier, eh? :lol: :roll:

Agree about Rae. The public got the chance to hear her and still they said "no". Only dance/urban crossovers or bland ballads have any chance of being hits. :-?

Spector did much better in the past.
200 songs is still a little bit too long.
I can only agree about Spector, it was a slight letdown for me as well
Charts now are almost totalitarian, any dissidence is either punished or ignored.
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby Carbon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Rae Morris is way way too low. One of the best songs of 2017! I adore it
Ја кријам главата под шалот.
Само на веѓите ми се гледа
дека мислам на тебе.


last.fm

Carbon's 2017 Faves
- check it out!
User avatar
Carbon
Legend
 
Posts: 21136
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013
Location: Zero Point

Postby heppolo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:51 pm

Carbon wrote:Rae Morris is way way too low. One of the best songs of 2017! I adore it
That's great to know.
I loved the music video a bit more than the actual song though :)
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby heppolo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:47 am

Image
Bubbling under 170-161
#170 The Blaze - Territory - the music video is beyond cinematic
#169 Infinity Meter - Bleeding Inside - mad and noisy song
#168 Nilüfer Yanya - Baby Luv - one of the indie pop darlings (of the future)
#167 The Weather Station - You and I (On The Other Side Of The World) - just a good, moody song
#166 Forest - To The Sea - a beautiful ballad
#165 Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - Wild Flowers - there's still a place for punk rock in my chart
#164 The Preatures - Yanada - Australian indie pop realness
#163 Rina Sawayama - Cyber Stockholm Syndrome - one of my few pop nods, I just had to put this in a list
#162 Cyan Kicks - Feathers - female-fronted pop rock band, with nice vocals
#161 Jimi Charles Moody - Shame - excellent soul no one paid any attention to
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:24 pm

The Rae Morris song is good!
"Love yourself so that love will not be a stranger when it comes, and it will come."

Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2017: [#1 Revealed!]
User avatar
JSparksFan
Legend
 
Posts: 45537
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Bahamas

Postby Tansike » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:46 pm

heppolo wrote:
Tansike wrote:So, as expected, i know nothing so far, but i checked out your #199 (Haloo Helsinki! - Tuntematon) as i enjoyed their entry on the current FSC ("Hulluuden Highway") and this is another nice song by them!
You should know Rae Morris and (probably) Stereophonics.
You'd like MAALA and maybe Hundred Waters and Clara-Nova
I know the names, but not the songs. Have to check them out when i get some time :)
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 40815
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby heppolo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:29 pm

JSparksFan wrote:The Rae Morris song is good!
No doubt about that 8-)
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby heppolo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Tansike wrote:
heppolo wrote:
Tansike wrote:So, as expected, i know nothing so far, but i checked out your #199 (Haloo Helsinki! - Tuntematon) as i enjoyed their entry on the current FSC ("Hulluuden Highway") and this is another nice song by them!
You should know Rae Morris and (probably) Stereophonics.
You'd like MAALA and maybe Hundred Waters and Clara-Nova
I know the names, but not the songs. Have to check them out when i get some time :)
Of the 170-161 bunch, you may like Cyan Kicks at #162
Waffles are checked cookies
User avatar
heppolo
Legend
 
Posts: 16115
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009
Location: interchangeable

Postby Blondini » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:10 pm

Do you even get Bake Off over there? :lol:
User avatar
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer
 
Posts: 53795
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, UK

Postby Blondini » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:13 pm

Oh, the songs! :oops: I'm sure i clicked on most of these on your charts already but...

"#169 Infinity Meter - Bleeding Inside - mad and noisy song"

Not quite as described, seems sedate until the last part.
User avatar
Blondini
Big Time Dreamer
 
Posts: 53795
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, UK

Return to Year End Personal Charts