JakeP Top 100 of 2017

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby JakeP » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:38 pm

04. P!nk - What about us
CHART RUN: 01-01-01-03-02-05-04-05-06-13-15-17

P!nk has always delivered the goods throughout her career. 2017 was no exception when What about us was released as the lead single from P!nk's seventh studio album Beautiful trauma.

What about us was an instant success upon its release shooting up to #1 on iTunes. I had already listened to a short teaser of the intro to the song and i was curious to hear the entire song. On the Thursday evening i listened to What about us and it clicked on first listen. I loved everything about the song from the lyrics to the vocal melody and delivery. I even liked the "drop" even though it was more an instrumental break more than anything. :lol:

P!nk totally smashed it and 36 hours after its release What about us leapfrogged all the competition to secure its place at #1 in my chart. The music video followed a few days later which helped to boost single further in my chart. What caught my attention more than anything else was the strong use of choreography throughout the video. It reminded me of P!nk's music video for Try, only this time with plenty more dancers on set. The visuals throughout the video are so striking, particularly the scenes with the two guys dancing together and the final chorus with P!nk and the rest of the cast in perfect symmetry dancing in the desert.

An incredible song to kickstart a new era. I was delighted to see What about us provide P!nk with another bonafide chart hit. Shame it couldn't go to #1 in the UK but it got the honour in my chart instead. :P

JakeP
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:15 pm

03. Katy Perry featuring Skip Marley - Chained to the rhythm
CHART RUN: 01-01-02-02-02-04-06-07-08-09-13-15

So it all began with this...

Too cute <3 :lol:

It was back in February when Katy Perry released her new single Chained to the rhythm featuring Skip Marley. This was the start of a new era for Katy which started off so promisingly but soon started to fall apart. Nonetheless, Chained to the rhythm was chosen as the lead single from Katy's fourth studio album Witness.

The song itself was clearly very political, just like P!nk's What about us (#4) - both artists trying to figure out how it could all go so horribly wrong when America elected Donald Trump as their president. :evil: I ended up loving both songs equally but Katy got the edge thanks to her adorable hamster lyric video. The impact of the lyric video was so strong that Katy Perry pretty much gatecrashed into my chart at #1 just 24 hours after the single release.

The official music video was released a fortnight later which helped to maintain the success of the single in my chart. This was another video that was very interesting to watch with multiple layers of political meaning - some more obvious than others. Although it was equally interesting to see how different people interpreted the video with their own analogies.

Katy Perry scored her third #1 with Chained to the rhythm and finishes third in my top 100 of 2017.

JakeP
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:18 am

"Castle on the Hill" is very good, though I definitely prefer "Shape of You". "Scared to Be Lonely" is Martin's best song.

"Too Much to Ask" is beautiful. To some extent, it felt like Niall doing Sam Smith better than Sam Smith does Sam Smith.

I love its message, but "1-800-273-8255" falls flat to me; however, I cannot bash a song that has saved lives, so I'll just leave it at, "I think it's decent, but I don't rate it as highly as you do."

"Praying" is good, and one of the best showcases of vulnerable Kesha.

On paper, "Slow Hands" doesn't seem like a song Niall would have been able to pull off, but he does and does so exceedingly well! For me, it's his best single to date.

"Something Just Like This" is still meh. Unlike you, my opinion of it hasn't changed from play one to...play five (?).

Interesting that you thought the vocalist on "Feel It Still" was female. I did have an "f" word in mind when I first played the song - funky. It was a pretty instant hit for me. I have the US charts to thank for the introduction. I've seen "Feel It Still" on so many other year-end charts. Good to know it was so widely appreciated on the site.

Speaking of funk and "f" words. :lol: From one feel to another. :) "Feels" is definitely Calvin's greatest accomplishment. It's rare that you have so many high profile acts on a single song, and they all add something special to the track. Usually, someone ends up detracting from the overall quality, but no such misfortune on "Feels". Interestingly enough, I haven't watched the music video. I should probably fix that.

"New Rules," I suspect, will be one of 2017's enduring gems. "What About Us," on the other hand, I believe, will not. :lol: The song would pop up in a Google search for 'P!nk at her least P!nk'.

There are a number of strange flops from 2017, but I have to say "Chained to the Rhythm" (and Katy in general) would be atop the list. Great song? Check. Solid video? Check. Lead single from a proven singles act coming off of an era with two mega-hit #1 singles? Check. I don't get the GP. The song deserved so much more. I'm glad Katy did 'purposeful-pop' this era, though. It's not overly political, but it gets its message across, and gives you a catchy beat and memorable hook to bop to if you don't give a rat's tit about socio-political issues.
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:58 pm

JSparksFan wrote:"Castle on the Hill" is very good, though I definitely prefer "Shape of You". "Scared to Be Lonely" is Martin's best song.

"Too Much to Ask" is beautiful. To some extent, it felt like Niall doing Sam Smith better than Sam Smith does Sam Smith.

I love its message, but "1-800-273-8255" falls flat to me; however, I cannot bash a song that has saved lives, so I'll just leave it at, "I think it's decent, but I don't rate it as highly as you do."

"Praying" is good, and one of the best showcases of vulnerable Kesha.

On paper, "Slow Hands" doesn't seem like a song Niall would have been able to pull off, but he does and does so exceedingly well! For me, it's his best single to date.

"Something Just Like This" is still meh. Unlike you, my opinion of it hasn't changed from play one to...play five (?).

Interesting that you thought the vocalist on "Feel It Still" was female. I did have an "f" word in mind when I first played the song - funky. It was a pretty instant hit for me. I have the US charts to thank for the introduction. I've seen "Feel It Still" on so many other year-end charts. Good to know it was so widely appreciated on the site.

Speaking of funk and "f" words. :lol: From one feel to another. :) "Feels" is definitely Calvin's greatest accomplishment. It's rare that you have so many high profile acts on a single song, and they all add something special to the track. Usually, someone ends up detracting from the overall quality, but no such misfortune on "Feels". Interestingly enough, I haven't watched the music video. I should probably fix that.

"New Rules," I suspect, will be one of 2017's enduring gems. "What About Us," on the other hand, I believe, will not. :lol: The song would pop up in a Google search for 'P!nk at her least P!nk'.

There are a number of strange flops from 2017, but I have to say "Chained to the Rhythm" (and Katy in general) would be atop the list. Great song? Check. Solid video? Check. Lead single from a proven singles act coming off of an era with two mega-hit #1 singles? Check. I don't get the GP. The song deserved so much more. I'm glad Katy did 'purposeful-pop' this era, though. It's not overly political, but it gets its message across, and gives you a catchy beat and memorable hook to bop to if you don't give a rat's tit about socio-political issues.
Castle on the hill appealed to me so much more. Whilst i liked Shape of you i still think it was overrated. Usually when a song is massive i can understand why, but in this instance i didn't get that huge levels of success. :oops:

Yes i 100% agree about Martin Garrix. Funny to think Dua Lipa was #1 in my chart long before New rules came about. I'm just so psychic. :lol: :P

LOL i couldn't even begin to compare Niall and Sam Smith. For starters, Niall's vocals aren't shrill and nasally so i personally find Niall much more pleasant to listen to. As much i did love the song, i agree with your other point about Slow hands. Despite not going all the way to #1, Too much to ask never did manage to overtake with my affections.

The biggest selling point of 1-800-273-8255 was the music video. It's weird how the lyrics ask "who can relate?" yet i''ve never ran away from home, but yet the meaning behind the song, added with the arrangement of the music, just impacted hard.

Praying is amazing. <3 I think many people were stunned when they heard the song for the first time. Kesha blew everyone out of the water with her extraordinary vocals, even if she hasn't been able to pull off that note live (and i suspect Kesha never will).

LOL just the five plays for Something just like this? :lol: The song did amazingly well for me as it had two major plus points; the first one being the instrumental sounding more like Roses which up to this point was The Chainsmokers most successful single in my chart. The second one being Chris Martin on vocals, and the guys from Coldplay adding an instrumental twist towards the end of the track.

My first time hearing Feel it still was via the music video. I really thought it was a female vocalist, but it didn't help that the video shows females lip syncing. I'm sure i wasn't the only one thinking the same thing. :lol:

The two parrots in the Feels music video steal the show for me. :lol: I agree the overall result of the song was marvellous and as i wrote in my commentary, i couldn't imagine the song being performed by anyone else.

New rules was easily one of 2017's most defining pop hits. The success of the single and video have been extraordinary.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion and perhaps What about us wasn't very "P!nk" but it was a cracking song. As for Chained to the rhythm i still think the song would've been more successful had Ed Sheeran not released any new music. Without the competition and having one of those songs that spend forever seemingly at #1, it might've gone in Katy's favour.
JakeP
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:10 pm

02. Rita Ora - Anywhere
CHART RUN: 01-01-01-01-01-03-02-04-06-06

At #2 its Rita Ora with the extraorinary pop bliss that is Anywhere. :D

It's actually shocking to think that ever since Rita Ora emerged in 2012 as a fresh new talent, she had never released a song that i was totally on board with. Which makes the success of Anywhere all the more surprising, but equally all the more welcome.

When Anywhere was released back in October, it co-incided with the release of Niall Horan's album Flicker and we all know who i love more out of these two. :lol: :P So i finally checked out Anywhere on the Saturday afternoon hence no immediate 24 hour chart entry. However, i quickly became engrossed in Anywhere, pretty much addicted to the song. I downloaded the song that week and despite Niall Horan's album track domination it was Rita Ora who overhauled the competition to reign victorious. Had Anywhere been released a couple of weeks earlier then Rita Ora could well have ended up claiming my #1 single of the year.

Anywhere was a bonafide chart champion becoming the second single of 2017 to spend an incredible five weeks at #1 in my chart. I wonder what the other single was... :P :wink:

JakeP
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:11 pm

01. Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson - Symphony
CHART RUN: 01-01-01-01-01-03-03-06-04-10-12-17

They've only gone and done it again!!! :D

Congratulations to Clean Bandit who took my chart by storm back in March following the release of the sensational emotional pop bop Symphony. A truly amazing achievement following their success back in 2014 when Rather be claimed my #1 single of the year.

A week prior to its official release, Symphony leaked on a brazilian music website readily available to stream. I couldn't resist as i'd read some very promising comments about this new track. Below is what i posted on Friday 10th March 2017.

JakeP wrote:Listening now in that link and it's not the instant pop song of the year I was hoping for. :(

Ohh actually once that beat kicks in on the second chorus it really gets going. Actually now that i've heard the whole song i actually like it. :P :lol:
So in the space of three minutes i went from not feeling it, to absolutely loving it. I was now hyped and ready for the official release seven days later. Sure enough upon its official release the following Friday i downloaded Symphony on iTunes.

Of course it didn't stop there as Clean Bandit simultaneously released the single alongside the official music video. Such a wonderful, heartwarming yet emotional music video that really suited the mood and feel the track so perfectly. I especially loved how the video focused on a young black gay couple and the emotional turmoil of losing a loved one. :cry: It really was beautifully shot with some stunning scenery.

Then there's Zara Larsson whose exceptional vocals brought the whole song to life. Zara also looked absolutely gorgeous in the music video. I've been a big Clean Bandit fan since Rather be and i just love these guys for producing such unashamed pop bops, these are the type of songs i live for and i always feel a sense of excitement whenever a new song comes along that ticks all the boxes.

Symphony had the perfect release strategy which saw the song shoot to #1 in my chart where, like Rita Ora's Anywhere, it also remained for five weeks. When Symphony finally topped the UK charts after a few agonising weeks stalling behind "that" song, it was such an amazing moment and probably the best thing that happened in the UK charts throughout last year. It's simply a solid gold pop nugget and i don't think i will ever tire of listening to this song. :D

JakeP
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:23 am

Fantastic Top 2!

You say "Anywhere" is the first Rita song that really clicked with you, but I find "I Will Never Let You Down" to be quite similar. You should revisit that one. Both were among their respective years' Top 10 tracks for me. "Anywhere" has this ability to just transport you to a calm, stress-free getaway in the midst of even your busiest day. I love its cool breeziness.

"Symphony" is such a clean pop song. It's adorned with a diamond instrumental, soaring vocals, and a powerful, heartwarming video. On paper, there's really nothing to criticise. Well-deserved #1! :D

Great countdown, though I wouldn't have expected anything less!
Franklin’s music profoundly touched and changed the world, because over and over it offered that bridge to salvation, to freedom.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JakeP » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:55 am

JSparksFan wrote:Fantastic Top 2!

You say "Anywhere" is the first Rita song that really clicked with you, but I find "I Will Never Let You Down" to be quite similar. You should revisit that one. Both were among their respective years' Top 10 tracks for me. "Anywhere" has this ability to just transport you to a calm, stress-free getaway in the midst of even your busiest day. I love its cool breeziness.

"Symphony" is such a clean pop song. It's adorned with a diamond instrumental, soaring vocals, and a powerful, heartwarming video. On paper, there's really nothing to criticise. Well-deserved #1! :D

Great countdown, though I wouldn't have expected anything less!
I will never let you down got to #15 in my chart where it held its position for a fortnight. It just didn't grab my attention in a big way. I just checked my charts to see what was #1 during those two weeks and they were Hozier Take me to church followed by Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake Love never felt so good. I still rank those two songs much higher than Rita Ora's track. In fact, one song i tend to forget about is Black widow ( :oops: ) as that song was pretty successful in my chart peaking at #4 a few months later.

Anywhere on the other hand is such a carefree feel good uplifting pop anthem. Your description of the song is more perfect than mine. :lol:

A "clean" pop song? I see what you did there. :lol: :wink: Everything about Symphony is pop excellence. I love that twinkly melody that introduces the song, its almost nursery rhyme-esque or like one of those old jewellery boxes with the spinning figurine whilst the music plays. :P It definitely delivered on all levels, a truly faultless song and video.

Thanks again for all your comment throughout this countdown. :D
JakeP
Superstar

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Love Anywhere, probably the best thing Rita has even done in my opinion! Such a great, catchy pop song!
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby JakeP » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Biebz wrote:Love Anywhere, probably the best thing Rita has even done in my opinion! Such a great, catchy pop song!
Thanks Biebz :D

Oh yes i agree 100%. If Rita Ora continues releasing pure pop moments like this in the future then i will be incredibly happy. What a stark contrast to her 2014 single Poison which i hated. :lol:
JakeP
Superstar

Postby Biebz » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:10 pm

JakeP wrote:Oh yes i agree 100%. If Rita Ora continues releasing pure pop moments like this in the future then i will be incredibly happy. What a stark contrast to her 2014 single Poison which i hated. :lol:
I don't even remember how that goes :lol: Every time I try to think of the melody, I ended up singing the Nicole Scherzinger song :lol: (Which is a bop, ngl 8-) )
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby JakeP » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:45 pm

Biebz wrote:
JakeP wrote:Oh yes i agree 100%. If Rita Ora continues releasing pure pop moments like this in the future then i will be incredibly happy. What a stark contrast to her 2014 single Poison which i hated. :lol:
I don't even remember how that goes :lol: Every time I try to think of the melody, I ended up singing the Nicole Scherzinger song :lol: (Which is a bop, ngl 8-) )
LOL well Nicole's Poison was amazing. How i loved all the big pop bangers from around 2010 and 2011. I believe we're due a revival, i want the music industry to move away from tropical house as it gets more boring with each passing year. It was fabulous in 2015, but in 2018? Nah!!! :lol:
JakeP
Superstar

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:36 am

Jake sis.....did you manage to listen to Baby I yet?! :D

Missed quite a few, damn!

Feels
Such a euphoric track! It summed up my holiday over in Europe for me. As I was driving around the UK and Scotland, and it literally came on every 3rd song and I was lovingggggggggggggg it! 8-) 8-)

Symphony
Very well deserved spot @ #1. I haven't always been the biggest fan of Clean Bandit, however I have really gotten into the music lately and re-visiting their previous work and enjoying it!

Chained to the Rhythm
Was secretly hoping that Katy was going to be #1 with this track! This is Katy at her best. I enjoy it a lot more then her debut (well 2nd debut right? :lol:). Also prefer it to a lot of songs found on both Teenage Dream and Prism (How WOA didn't become a single I'll never know but thats a whole other issue).
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby luckyONE » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:51 am

your Top 4 is absolutely FLAWLESS! 8-)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby flopho » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:35 pm

Great chart JakeP! like/love these the most:

27. Lana Del Rey - Love - Love (haa) this so much, one of her absolute best!
24. Miley Cyrus - Malibu
23. Ariana Grande - One last time - :cry: :cry: this def became one of my favorite Ariana trakcs
20. Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana - this year's undeniable basic bop
18. Alice Merton - No roots - woo glad I introduced you to this :D It's such a simple but great track
16. Lady Gaga - The cure
15. Marina Kaye - Something - Haven't heard this but loved "Homeless" so I need to listen to it
11. Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255
10. Kesha - Praying - This is a difficult one...to be completely honest, I don't think the song itself is very good, it's more the story behind it that brings it to another level, it's still somewhat enjoyable though I guess
07. Portugal. The Man - Feel it still
06. Calvin Harris featuring Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean - Feels
05. Dua Lipa - New rules
01. Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson - Symphony - Great #1, one of the catchiest hooks of recent times imo
¡Eh, mamá!
Me quiero matar
El mundo se va a la mierda
Y no he hecho nada
flopho
Legend

Postby JakeP » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:49 pm

luckyONE wrote:your Top 4 is absolutely FLAWLESS! 8-)
Thanks luckyONE :D

Well, my top 100 is flawless but yes, stunning top 4. <3 :wink: The girls delivered...even if the Grammy awards 2018 failed to realise it. :lol:
JakeP
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:02 pm

flopho wrote:Great chart JakeP! like/love these the most:

27. Lana Del Rey - Love - Love (haa) this so much, one of her absolute best!
24. Miley Cyrus - Malibu
23. Ariana Grande - One last time - :cry: :cry: this def became one of my favorite Ariana trakcs
20. Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana - this year's undeniable basic bop
18. Alice Merton - No roots - woo glad I introduced you to this :D It's such a simple but great track
16. Lady Gaga - The cure
15. Marina Kaye - Something - Haven't heard this but loved "Homeless" so I need to listen to it
11. Logic featuring Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255
10. Kesha - Praying - This is a difficult one...to be completely honest, I don't think the song itself is very good, it's more the story behind it that brings it to another level, it's still somewhat enjoyable though I guess
07. Portugal. The Man - Feel it still
06. Calvin Harris featuring Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean - Feels
05. Dua Lipa - New rules
01. Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson - Symphony - Great #1, one of the catchiest hooks of recent times imo
Thanks flopho :D

LOL i reckon Lana Del Rey knew exactly what she was doing releasing a song called Love. So many puns. :lol:

It's so sad to think that it took one hideous terror attack for me to really appreciate the beauty within One last time. I'm now so excited for Ariana's new album which is due for release later this year. I predict it's going to be her biggest album yet. :D

LOL basic bop. :lol: You make it sound like the song was bought from Poundland. :lol:

Gosh yes! :D You definitely struck gold with this track. I love everything about No roots; excellent vocals, amazing chorus and sounds so unique and different to pretty much 99% of music i listened to in 2017. I hope Alice Merton can get another big chart hit rather than becoming a one hit wonder.

Ohh i definitely recommend Something. It's such a hauntingly beautiful ballad and as daft as it sounds, it became the song i associate the most to the build up to christmas. It just gave me a warm festive feeling, one of those feelings i can't really explain. :lol:

Well, i adore Praying but the anticipation of new music from Kesha would've been a major playing factor. Having said that, i prefer the studio version more than all the live performances i've seen. A part of that comes down to getting used to hearing the song in its original key with the original vocal melody and THAT NOTE!!! :o :P Whereas the live performances, though still strong, haven't managed to really make me shout "YES" at the top of my voice. :lol:

Aww, so happy you also love Symphony. I can see this becoming a modern classic that people will still hear on radio and music channels in years to come. Clean Bandit really delivered, but then in my chart they've been consistent since 2014. :P
JakeP
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:10 pm

SummerPeur wrote:Jake sis.....did you manage to listen to Baby I yet?! :D

Missed quite a few, damn!

Feels
Such a euphoric track! It summed up my holiday over in Europe for me. As I was driving around the UK and Scotland, and it literally came on every 3rd song and I was lovingggggggggggggg it! 8-) 8-)

Symphony
Very well deserved spot @ #1. I haven't always been the biggest fan of Clean Bandit, however I have really gotten into the music lately and re-visiting their previous work and enjoying it!

Chained to the Rhythm
Was secretly hoping that Katy was going to be #1 with this track! This is Katy at her best. I enjoy it a lot more then her debut (well 2nd debut right? :lol:). Also prefer it to a lot of songs found on both Teenage Dream and Prism (How WOA didn't become a single I'll never know but thats a whole other issue).
Hey girlfriend. :lol:

Yes, i gave Baby i a listen on YouTube. I thought it was ok but nothing exceptional. Sounds like the type of song that would make my top 20 but wouldn't chart high.

Feels was also my summer anthem. Everything about the song summed up sunshine and cocktails. Ohh where abouts in the UK did you stay?

Clean Bandit have been quite consistent in my chart with six #1 singles to their credit. :D

My top 3 were fairly close together but Katy was still quite comfortably outdone by the top 2. Ohh you mean I kissed a girl? :lol: I would rank Chained to the rhythm higher too. I'd have to really think about which Katy Perry single would be my overall #1. LOL i think the majority of people still haven't got over the fact Walking on air wasn't a single. :lol:
JakeP
Superstar

Postby king_oxymoron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:09 am

That is a great top 6! With the exception of What About Us, which I like, they all made my top 100, many highly,

Feels we placed similarly and I agree they are all such key contributors.

New Rules, Chained and Anywhere are all top examples of girl pop this year and all made my top forty I think.

Yassss same number one buddy, it's just an undeniable bop, laughing that you didn't like it immediately but changed your mind in three minutes, perfect song.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby JakeP » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:02 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:That is a great top 6! With the exception of What About Us, which I like, they all made my top 100, many highly,

Feels we placed similarly and I agree they are all such key contributors.

New Rules, Chained and Anywhere are all top examples of girl pop this year and all made my top forty I think.

Yassss same number one buddy, it's just an undeniable bop, laughing that you didn't like it immediately but changed your mind in three minutes, perfect song.
Thanks Adam :D

So happy to see your love for the top 6. The pop girls all did amazingly well in 2017. <3

Feels really was my summer anthem. It's become one of those songs where the featured artists really couldn't have been more perfect for the track.

Dua Lipa really came into her own in 2017 and it looks possible that we'll see more from Dua in 2018. I don't think we'll have a new album or anything but perhaps Dua will start featuring on more songs.

Chained to the rhythm will always be one of Katy's best singles for me. Although that said i think i still slightly prefer Roar but i'd rank both above Rise - all three were #1 in my chart.

Anywhere is just incredible and Rita Ora really could've taken my year end #1 with another week or two in the chart.

Ohh wow :o :D I really need to check out your full countdown. Symphony is just everything i long for in a pop song, and Clean Bandit brought the goods. LOL its because of the way it builds up. From the first 30 seconds, you can't really describe the song as a bop. :lol: It's when the beat comes in that the song really starts explode into sheer euphoric awesomeness. :P :wink:
JakeP
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:16 pm

I went out last night and tried to sing "Symphony" as my karaoke song and it wasn't pretty. It's a tough song to sing, tougher than I realised! :lol:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:21 pm

JakeP wrote:
Yes, i gave Baby i a listen on YouTube. I thought it was ok but nothing exceptional. Sounds like the type of song that would make my top 20 but wouldn't chart high.

My top 3 were fairly close together but Katy was still quite comfortably outdone by the top 2. Ohh you mean I kissed a girl? :lol: I would rank Chained to the rhythm higher too. I'd have to really think about which Katy Perry single would be my overall #1. LOL i think the majority of people still haven't got over the fact Walking on air wasn't a single. :lol:
Oh no, the general UK consensus towards Baby I :cry: :lol:

Yeah and I honestly think it is and always will be, her biggest misstep in her music career.

Well, now that you've had some time to think, what would be your #1 Mother Perrysa single?
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby JakeP » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:01 pm

JSparksFan wrote:I went out last night and tried to sing "Symphony" as my karaoke song and it wasn't pretty. It's a tough song to sing, tougher than I realised! :lol:
LOL :lol:

I was wondering why my chart had been given a boost. :P

Are you a good singer in general? I'd have loved to have heard your rendition of Symphony. :lol:
JakeP
Superstar

Postby JakeP » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:20 pm

SummerPeur wrote:Oh no, the general UK consensus towards Baby I :cry: :lol:

Yeah and I honestly think it is and always will be, her biggest misstep in her music career.

Well, now that you've had some time to think, what would be your #1 Mother Perrysa single?
I'm afraid Baby i isn't classic Ariana material. :P

Wow, you really think so? I kissed a girl was massively popular around the world at the time so it must've struck a chord with many people. I love the song although i've always preferred Hot n' cold more.

Chained to the rhythm is officially Katy Perry's most successful single in my chart so i think it's fair to say it's my favourite. Although that's from 2013 onwards. Tracks like Hot n' cold, Teenage dream and Firework would be in the mix for the honour.
JakeP
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:05 am

JakeP wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:I went out last night and tried to sing "Symphony" as my karaoke song and it wasn't pretty. It's a tough song to sing, tougher than I realised! :lol:
LOL :lol:

I was wondering why my chart had been given a boost. :P

Are you a good singer in general? I'd have loved to have heard your rendition of Symphony. :lol:
Nope! And, no, you do not! :lol:
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts