MRK 2017 End of Year Chart

Moderators: JSparksFan, tdc2000, FreakyFlyBry

Postby king_oxymoron » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Everything Now, Feels, Anywhere and Chained To The Rhythm are my favourites so far! Oh and The Man. suspect there's gonna be a few I really like in the top 10!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby MisterK » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:43 pm

10 [1] DUKE DUMONT & GORGON CITY – REAL LIFE (FEAT. NAATIONS) click for vid

ImageImage

They’d both had their hits independently but it was a right blast when these two heavyweights came together. Arriving just at the start of summer this track with its strong piano house a la 1992 rave sound stormed to the top of the chart with Australian duo Naations providing the vocal. It was a vibrant return for Gorgon City who had disappeared for a while. For the video they opted for some Generation Z version of the movie Carrie…
MisterK
Personal Assistant

Postby MisterK » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:44 pm

9 [1] FICKLE FRIENDS - BROOKLYN click for vid

ImageImage

Fickle Friends came to my attention in the latter part of 2016 when one of their tracks was remixed by chart stars at the time – Honne. ‘Brooklyn’ was one of the first major hits of the year with 4 weeks at #1 and some good sampling and a catchy chorus, something which has become their trademark with other tracks.
MisterK
Personal Assistant

Postby MisterK » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:59 pm

8 [1] FICKLE FRIENDS – HARD TO BE MYSELFclick for vid

ImageImage

Wind forward six months and Fickle Friends were on their 3rd #1, which managed to deliver melancholy through lyrics, video and the music itself. It was a hard task to follow up ‘Glue’ which had been a major hit, but they certainly did it well. So just deny, WTF, yeah.
MisterK
Personal Assistant

Postby MisterK » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:24 pm

7 [1] DOUZE – OUT OF MY HEAD (FEAT. MAGNUS) click for vid

ImageImage

I’ve loved NU Disco for quite some time (the #1 of 2014 was Fred Falke’s remix of Foxes ‘Let it Go For Tonight’. ‘Out of My Head’ is probably the most obscure track in the countdown, yes as I type it has had 492 hits on YT. French producer Douze collaborated with Belgian act Magnus. The result was NU disco brilliance, featuring groovy bass guitars and breathy vocals that just wash over you (well they do me).
MisterK
Personal Assistant

Postby MisterK » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:33 pm

6 [1] FOSTER THE PEOPLE – SIT NEXT TO MEclick for vid

ImageImage

2017 was the year FTP returned to the top of the charts (they'd previously did this in 2012. Instrumentally this is a great song and Mark's vocal sits really well within it. Video could have been better but it’s worthy of self-applause :lol: .
MisterK
Personal Assistant

Postby king_oxymoron » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:23 pm

Yes to both Fickle tracks (neither are in my very favourites by them but I still enjoy both very much.. also enjoy the Gorgon City track, so it's a good start for me!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby MisterK » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:17 pm

End of Year chart ends a bit differently this year -

MisterK
Personal Assistant

Postby king_oxymoron » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Aw, shame to see Fickle Friends lose at the last but still a very impressive year for them and glad we both share Glue in our top 10!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Return to Year End Personal Charts