Nicki Minaj
7%
P!nk
7%
Taylor Swift
13%

Total votes : 15

Postby Haribo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:47 am

JSparksFan wrote:Well, even if you don't like their music, you've got to appreciate the other 'goods' Adam brings to the table. :wink:
You naughty boy! Again! :wink:

Little Mix aren't my cup of tea either... Usher's recent music is so disappointing... I don't like Justin Bieber's recent music, but I really like "Baby". Underrated song. :)
Haribo
Legend

Postby Phoenixx » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 pm

YAY for Bruno, Usher and JB 8-)
Phoenixx
Purpose

Postby PosziMC2 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Little Mix <3
P=MC2's Top 20
Merci wrote:Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:53 am

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Haribo wrote:
JSparksFan wrote:Well, even if you don't like their music, you've got to appreciate the other 'goods' Adam brings to the table. :wink:
You naughty boy! Again! :wink:

Little Mix aren't my cup of tea either... Usher's recent music is so disappointing... I don't like Justin Bieber's recent music, but I really like "Baby". Underrated song. :)
:lol: My true colours are coming out.

Yeah, "Baby" is a lot of fun. I like the video though it doesn't really deserve that many views.

Mark95 wrote:YAY for Bruno, Usher and JB 8-)
Glad you like those three! :D

PosziMC2 wrote:Little Mix <3
One of your faves from last year is up next. :wink:
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:04 am

#17. Emeli Sandé - 359 points

A brilliant lyricist and a very capable vocalist, Emeli's skillful songwriting and soulful voice won me over in 2012 and unlike my British brothers and sisters, thankfully I did not have to endure her massive overexposure. She released a strong set of singles from a masterfully penned album and I'm excited to hear what she's got up her sleeve for her sophomore effort. Hopefully she'll be able to crack the US market next time around so her overexposure can be rationed out a bit more evenly.
Code: Select all
Last Year's Rank: [NE]
# of Plays: 164 plays
Year-End Singles: Read All About It, Part III [#25], My Kind of Love [#28], Next To Me [#98]
Year-End Albums: Our Version of Events [#15]

#16. Delta Goodrem - 373 points

Prior to 2012, I'd only really known "In This Life" from Delta which I absolutely love, but thanks to some glowing recommendations from my fellow buddies on the site, I decided to check out her singles this era as well as the parent album and I genuinely enjoyed everything I heard from her. Her music's so bright and optimistic that listening to her is really like a ray of sunlight piercing through the shadows and the dark, flooding your soul with this strange sense of euphoric joy and unbridled delight. Even some of her songs about heartbreak leave me feeling happier after hearing them! I can't wait to see what the future holds for her.
# of Plays: 191 plays
Year-End Singles: Dancing With a Broken Heart [#16], Sitting On Top of the World [#63]
Year-End Albums: Child of the Universe [#11]
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Haribo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:12 am

Most of "Baby" views are from haters. That's pretty sad! :(

Emeli is really great! Haven't checked out her album in full yet... but she's amazing. :)
Haribo
Legend

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Ke$ha deliver a good pop album last year!
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Thanks for the comments, you two!

Haribo wrote:Most of "Baby" views are from haters. That's pretty sad! :(

Emeli is really great! Haven't checked out her album in full yet... but she's amazing. :)
Yes, it's one of the few 'popular' videos that has more dislikes than likes. :lol: I think you'd like Emeli's record but I doubt you'll find anything on it you'll love as much as "Read All About It, Pt. III".

GoodBoyGoneBad wrote:Ke$ha deliver a good pop album last year!
It was a bit sub-par for me, but I enjoyed it still.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:19 pm

#15. Adam Lambert - 412 points

Since Adam's Idol run, I've been a massive Glambert. His first record was incredible so of course my expectations were optimistic leading up to his sophomore effort. The first song from said album, "Better Than I Know Myself", was good but a bit dull, which made me a little nervous as to the direction he was taking but sure enough, the album was released and I loved it. Adam's cemented his place among this generation's most talented male musicians and I can't wait to see what he does in 2013. Hopefully, the year will produce the gay anthem "Outlaws of Love" as a single but I'm sure I'll be pleased with whatever he does.
# of Plays: 280 plays
Year-End Singles: Never Close Our Eyes [#42]
Year-End Albums: Trespassing [#7]

#14. Kylie Minogue - 424 points

Despite the fact that Kylie only released two new songs in 2012, Australia's Pop Princess still managed to become one of my most played artists of 2012, due in great part to my obsession with "Timebomb", one of her career-best singles. "Flower" was a decent ballad too and both songs have contributed to my anticipation of her upcoming LP this year. I'm sure she won't disappoint.
# of Plays: 337 plays
Year-End Singles: Timebomb [#12]

#13. Girls Aloud - 445 points

For some reason, the brilliance of this quintet escaped me until 2012 when "Something New" was released. The song was so high-energy, so fun, so catchy, so irresistible and infectious that it quickly became my favourite Pop song that year! In addition to discovering their old classics, I also enjoyed the new songs on Ten, their second greatest hits compilation celebrating their tenth year in the industry. Though "Every Now and Then" and "Beautiful 'Cause You Love Me" are both good to varying degrees, it was "On The Metro" that resonated most strongly with me. I really hope that 2013 brings a full studio album from the girls as I've become a full-fledged fan.
# of Plays: 412 plays
Year-End Singles: Something New [#3]
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Bit of a so-so year for Kylie for me, Time Bomb wasn't as amazing as I expected but I still love her because she's Kylie frickin' Minogue. Sticking with Australians, i'm so glad you enjoy Delta's music too - everything she does is just so delightful.

Queens Aloud are obviously flawless, they're like The Saturdays but much better. :wink:
Spartan
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:46 am

Love that you just started becoming a Fan of Gworls Aloud. I've been obsessed with them for about the past month. I known a little about them since I've been a Cheryl fan for about a year now but I had just got into them when they released Something New and Ten. I really hope they don't break up for good after their tour.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby abi » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Don't like any singers from the last page lol...
abi
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:54 am

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Spartan wrote:Bit of a so-so year for Kylie for me, Time Bomb wasn't as amazing as I expected but I still love her because she's Kylie frickin' Minogue. Sticking with Australians, i'm so glad you enjoy Delta's music too - everything she does is just so delightful.

Queens Aloud are obviously flawless, they're like The Saturdays but much better. :wink:
:lol: Glad you love those three! I think you can take some of the credit for my adoration for the latter two. :wink: And yes, Girls Aloud are exactly what every girl group should aspire to be! 8-)

ThaInfo1 wrote:Love that you just started becoming a Fan of Gworls Aloud. I've been obsessed with them for about the past month. I known a little about them since I've been a Cheryl fan for about a year now but I had just got into them when they released Something New and Ten. I really hope they don't break up for good after their tour.
I hope they don't disband either! Their music is so unique! I love how oddly their songs are structured. Really, I've not heard Pop music quite like theirs!

abi wrote:Don't like any singers from the last page lol...
Your peeps will be showing up around the #10 mark. :wink:
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:25 am

#12. Madonna - 452 points

The Queen of Pop's return to the music scene in 2012 resulted in her being one of the most talked about acts of the year. I myself became caught up in the hysteria after her impressive halftime show at the Superbowl. This, along with the brilliance that was lead single"Give Me All Your Luvin'" had me all amped up for MDNA. The album was very underwhelming but it did contain a number of solid Pop songs that managed to make an impact on my year-end charts. I'm still warming up to Madonna so I hope that she takes a break in 2013 and returns full force in 2014 with some innovative and exciting new sounds.
# of Plays: 308 plays
Year-End Songs: Give Me All Your Luvin' [#7], Girl Gone Wild [#81], Masterpiece [#88]
Year-End Albums: MDNA [#21]

#11. Florence + The Machine - 488 points

Prior to 2012, the only song I really knew from Florence + The Machine was "Dog Days Are Over", their brilliant single from the Lungs era that ended up becoming a hit in the States. It was through one of my buddies on the site that I discovered Ceremonials and the magnificent "No Light, No Light" which ended up becoming one of my favourite singles of 2012. I love how powerful Florence's vocals are and they blend so well with the atmospheric, often eccentric production of their instrumentals. They've definitely become one of my favourite British acts!
# of Plays: 279 plays
Year-End Songs: No Light, No Light [#9], Never Let Me Go [#38], Spectrum [#58], Sweet Nothing #87]
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Haribo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:31 am

Madonna is so overrated... "Give Me All Your Luvin'" didn't deserve to flop though!
Haribo
Legend

Postby PosziMC2 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Masterpiece <3
P=MC2's Top 20
Merci wrote:Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!
PosziMC2
Legend

Postby toni_pest » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:19 pm

Ugh, only liking Emeli from your top 17, but I'm sure the top 10 is gonna be better.
:)
toni_pest
Coming Soon

Postby abdeeaikawa » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:21 am

For me 'MDNA' is one of the worst album from last year release, although "Give Me All Your Luvin' is pretty nice track..
abdeeaikawa
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Thanks for the comments, everyone! We're entering Top 10 territory today!

Haribo wrote:Madonna is so overrated... "Give Me All Your Luvin'" didn't deserve to flop though!
Agreed! It should've been another #1 hit for her. :(

PosziMC2 wrote:Masterpiece <3
One of her best ballads. 8-)

toni_pest wrote:Ugh, only liking Emeli from your top 17, but I'm sure the top 10 is gonna be better.
I think you'll like at least one artist in this next bunch though you should like the female too. :wink:

abdeeaikawa wrote:For me 'MDNA' is one of the worst album from last year release, although "Give Me All Your Luvin' is pretty nice track..
Aw, that's a bit harsh. I wouldn't even say it's bad, it was just underwhelming. At the very least, it was able to produce some quality singles!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:34 am

#10. Chris Brown - 594 points

Though nowadays Chris Brown makes headlines for his less-than-decent behaviour, he did record some pretty solid tunes in 2012 when he wasn't being a homophobic twat or immature, insufferable idiot. Granted, his LP Fortune was one of the year's major disappointments but there were some gems among the rubbish and his ever-impressive choreography in his music videos continued to wow me. It is my fervent hope that in 2013, Chris goes to some remote island where he can just take a much-needed break away from the spotlight and come back with better material and behaviour that matches the Chris Brown I fell in love with in 2008.
Last Year's Rank: #4
# of Plays: 407 plays
Year-End Songs: Right By My Side [#15], Turn Up The Music [#35], Don't Judge Me [#65], Don't Wake Me Up [#97]

#09. Jordin Sparks - 730 points

How in heavens did Jordin make this list? Well, 2012 saw my first love make her motion picture debut as an actress playing the role of daughter to the legendary Whitney Houston in a remake of the 1976 film Sparkle. Though I found quite a number of the tracks on the accompanying soundtrack disc to be quite underwhelming, there were two that I loved from the get go: "One Wing", a traditional-sounding R&B ballad which features soaring vocals from the Idol graduate and "Love Will", a much more radio-friendly, cute little tune that's so unmistakably Jo-Speezy. Both tracks showed that Jordin's still experimenting and maturing as a vocalist. I genuinely expect Jordin to rule my 2013 year-end charts but with competition from the likes of Mariah, Britney, Beyoncé, and most likely Rihanna (if she continues with these yearly releases), it won't be clear cut. Either way, I'm excited for a new album from Miss Sparks. It's been far, far too long.
# of Plays: 631 plays
Year-End Songs: One Wing [#26], Love Will [#66], Celebrate [#95]

#08. One Direction - 749 points

I've never been a massive fan of boy bands though I did enjoy most of *NSYNC's singles. Also, I initially dismissed 1D because even though I found "What Makes You Beautiful" to be a fantastic Pop song, I doubted that I'd find a full-length record from them interesting. Additionally, in 2011, I found myself enjoying JLS and The Wanted more than One Direction so I didn't pay them much mind because the "boy band vacancy" in my music playlist was more than filled by their rivals. However, I decided to check out Up All Night due to some favourable recommendations from two of my buddies here and I enjoyed it. By the time Take Me Home came out, I knew that it was an album that I had to own and after listening to it, I was more than satisfied. The boys record such quality Pop music, such fun tunes, tracks that can be easily dismissed as trivial, inconsequential, and manufactured but I genuinely feel that they (and their team) have a great ear for music and are talented too, to varying degrees. Plus, it doesn't hurt that they are irresistibly handsome! I can't wait to see what they come up with in 2013 and if the rumour a new record in the summer are true, I'm sure that my summer this year will be that much hotter. One Direction have the honour of being the highest ranking male act on this countdown which I guess isn't much of an accomplishment given their lack of legitimate competition in 2012.
# of Plays: 493 plays
Year-End Songs: One Thing [#32], More Than This [#41], Live While We're Young [#53], Little Things [#100]
Year-End Albums: Take Me Home [#5]
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Haribo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 am

Damn, yes! Jordin definitely looks like America! Good to see her & 1D too!
Haribo
Legend

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Impressive result for Jordin considering she didn't even release an album last year, not so surprising considering your username though. :P
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby Spartan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Madonna needs to hurry up and retire. I'm quite impartial to Chris Brown and One Direction though!
Spartan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Thanks for the comments, you three! :D

Haribo wrote:Damn, yes! Jordin definitely looks like America! Good to see her & 1D too!
I prefer to say that America looks like Jordin. :lol:

GoodBoyGoneBad wrote:Impressive result for Jordin considering she didn't even release an album last year, not so surprising considering your username though. :P
New music, even if it was only for a movie, was all that Jo-Speezy needed to make this list. :lol:

Spartan wrote:Madonna needs to hurry up and retire. I'm quite impartial to Chris Brown and One Direction though!
:lol: She's too massive a touring force to do that. Plus, her fans would be devastated. That would probably result in a bigger audience for Britney though...
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:19 pm

#07. Christina Aguilera - 912 points

Coming off one of the biggest trainwrecks of an era in modern Pop music history, all eyes were on Christina to see how she would return and if said comeback would be successful. The material this time around was a lot more radio-friendly than Bionic but thanks to mishandling from Christina's label and Christina's own disinterest in promotion, Lotus suffered a similar fate as its predecessor. Commercial success aside (or lack thereof), I was quite impressed with Christina in 2012. While she didn't deliver the strongest record of her career, I did find some of the songs to be among her greatest work such as "Army of Me" which was probably my favourite non-single of 2012 and proved again why Christina's the greatest balladeer of her generation. In 2013, I hope someone in Christina's camp encourages her to focus more of her time and energy on actually trying to get the music she's recorded out to the public at large.
# of Plays: 796 plays
Year-End Songs: Your Body [#22]
Year-End Albums: Lotus [#12]

#06. P!nk - 954 points

Though she's always been a bit overshadowed for me by some of the other female Pop stars, I've been a huge P!nk fan since her Funhouse era and in 2012, she proved to fans and critics alike why she ranks among this generation's finest live performers with her awe-inspiring "Try" performance at the American Music Awards. Her music this era was also very impressive, among her career-best actually and I'm glad that though she started off having to ride the coattails of bigger names that she's managed to carve for herself quite the respectable career and a longevity that most people can only wish for. I'm excited to see how future The Truth About Love single choices do in 2013, especially "Slut Like You" which I predict will rule this summer.
# of Plays: 803 plays
Year-End Singles: Blow Me (One Last Kiss) [#32], Try [#47]
Year-End Albums: The Truth About Love [#6]
JSparksFan
Legend

Return to Year End Personal Charts