Ashley Monroe | Sparrow

Moderator: trebor

Postby Jonathan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:42 pm

Ashley Monroe announces new album

It's been three years since Knoxville-born, Nashville-based country artist Ashley Monroe released her Grammy-nominated album "The Blade."

Her new countrypolitan record, "Sparrow," due out April 20, is worth the wait.

The project — Monroe's fourth studio album — finds her teaming up with red-hot producer Dave Cobb, who has produced acclaimed records by Jason Isbell, Chris Stapleton and Brandi Carlile.

It was recorded at historic Studio A while Monroe was pregnant with her first child. She and her husband, former Chicago White Sox pitcher John Danks, welcomed their son Dalton last August.

Monroe, whose sharp songwriting and plaintive vocals recall Dolly Parton, has been one of Nashville's most talented treasures for more than a decade. Her lengthy list of collaborators ranges from Jack White and Brendan Benson's rock band The Raconteurs to the Pistol Annies, the country trio she formed with Miranda Lambert and Angaleena Presley.

On Friday, Monroe released "Hands on You," the album's sultry, string-laced lead single. "I felt a whole new confidence recording this one," Monroe wrote on her Facebook page. ... 366826002/

Postby Tansike » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:31 pm

I quite enjoyed "The Blade" so i'll definitely check this out!

So the producer did stuff for Chris Stapleton and Brandi Carlile, sounds very promising :D

Postby Benjamin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:59 am

'Hands On You' is good. Not your middle of the road country song.
Song's quite sexy and sultry.
Kid At Heart

Return to Country, Folk & World Music