Power Rangers [2017 Reboot]

Postby menime123 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:59 pm

biscuits wrote:Bombed in China. $1.2M in the opening weekend and projected to make $10M overall, which would bring it's WW gross to around $150M
Bye bye franchise.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:20 am

It's a good movie, considering everything. The only problem is that the movie is already on the halfway mark and they haven't morphed yet!

I like that Rita looked so scary, the only problem is that she was doing almost nothing during the major fight scene, she could have engaged into a fight with both Trini and Kimberly somewhere during the Krispy Kreme finding part.

I also didn't understand Zack being an annoying prick especially with his sick mom backstory, it didn't make sense for him to act like that, though during the sharing part, they tried to make it work.

What I didn't like is that all of them were in detention, I mean, they could have played it differently, they don't have to all be outcasts or insecure beings, all of them had some personal trouble, I would have loved to see them come from different walks of life, it's like they suffer the same dilemma, etc.

Also, Goldar was so bland, I can't even recall how he looked, he was faceless and there was nothing memorable about him. They could have made a campy character like Ivan Ooze, for example, but they resorted to this very bland character.

Zordon should also been more fatherly and warm to them, it looked like he was frustrated with the Power Rangers more than anything. That should have been properly resolved in such a way that he trusted the destiny of these five people.
GetBack
Legend

Postby biscuits » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Yeah, sums it up perfectly. Although Zack was easily my favourite one.
biscuits
The Diva

Return to Movies