Power Rangers [2017 Reboot]

Moderators: Spartan, menime123

Postby biscuits » Fri May 09, 2014 11:28 pm

I don't have any of my toys :(
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Storyteller » Fri May 09, 2014 11:29 pm

menime123 wrote:Call me crazy, but I think this has a lot of potential. If they put a budget behind it they could do wonders with CGI and make something great for kids and under 30s. Looking at the episodes now I can't believe how bad it is... But at the time it was real bad ass brilliant. I had all of the toy zords and figures, and actually have them all in their original boxes in my parents loft.

Whenever we played Power Rangers, I was the blue one. I always remember that Kimberley always got into trouble/needed rescuing, and somewhere Alpha would be running around going 'ay ay ay' :lol:

The original movie at the time was epic - who doesn't remember Ivan Ooze? But I remember it going downhill afterwards, and I turned off once the originals left.

Also very sad to discover the actress who played the original yellow ranger Trini died back in 2001.
Yeah I think there is potential there but I think if they are going to use material from the series they should concentrate on the first few seasons.
I was really sad to find out she had died too, I was watching a where are they now video on youtube earlier and it mentioned her death in it :(
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Storyteller » Fri May 09, 2014 11:31 pm

biscuits wrote:I don't have any of my toys :(
I have some of them somewhere but Ive lost a lot of them :( I use to get them for Christmas every year. I remember one Christmas I asked for the Astro Megazord and I was majorly pissed when i got a different one :lol:
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby biscuits » Fri May 09, 2014 11:32 pm

The Japanese actress who played Rita is also dead. I always preferred her to the American actress they brought in.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby randomness » Sat May 10, 2014 12:06 am

I'm actually quite optimistic about this reboot. I'm looking forward to seeing who is cast as the rangers.

Does anyone else remember this beast?

The Megazord looked like an ant next to it. It was actually quite scary as a kid...
Stand wipers unite!
randomness
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Sat May 10, 2014 12:13 am

I think it was called Serpentera.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Noahh » Sat May 10, 2014 12:14 am

OMG I LOVED Power Rangers as a kid. I've always wanted to become one. :lol:

I watched this movie like 100000 times. Definitely one of my favorite movies as a kid.
The tv show was cool as well, although it quickly went downhill after a few seasons.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby ANH » Sat May 10, 2014 12:18 am

Yeah, Billy was ugly. What was I thinking? I had horrible taste in men as a kid. :lol: :lol: :lol:
b u r n u p II t u r n up II t u r n t up all the way
ANH
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Sat May 10, 2014 12:25 am

The pink ranger "Kimberly" , was the only one that got a decent acting career post-Power rangers right?
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Sat May 10, 2014 12:27 am

MrLeonix wrote:The pink ranger "Kimberly" , was the only one that got a decent acting career post-Power rangers right?
Yeah I think so, there are a few actors from subsequent seasons that have gone on to appear in other things as far as I know.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby MrLeonix » Sat May 10, 2014 12:44 am

IrishLamb wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:The pink ranger "Kimberly" , was the only one that got a decent acting career post-Power rangers right?
Yeah I think so, there are a few actors from subsequent seasons that have gone on to appear in other things as far as I know.
Yeah, she actually has had a quite moderate but successful TV acting career after "The Power Rangers", She was a regular in the American cult-following Series "Felicity", and currently she is the main on the canadian series "Flashpoint" which has run for 5 seasons already and has gotten cool ratings in US :o
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Michiel » Sat May 10, 2014 9:32 am

The sound that the putties made, bbljubiblbjububbluwwzzzblbubbububuubbu >>>>>>>>>>>>>
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby randomness » Sat May 10, 2014 11:04 am

MichielMC wrote:The sound that the putties made, bbljubiblbjububbluwwzzzblbubbububuubbu >>>>>>>>>>>>> Nicki Minaj
They could probably record a hit these days.
Stand wipers unite!
randomness
Manager

Postby Damiennatas1 » Sat May 10, 2014 11:08 am

Loved the first few series and Time Force!

I think they could do extremely well with this, give it a more mature feel about it like Batman and it could be huge!
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Wolfsmagik » Sat May 10, 2014 11:17 am

The Power Rangers TV show is still on with new seasons each year. The current season is Super Megaforce with several past rangers including Tommy make appearances for the Legends War! Next year the new season will be Power Rangers DinoCharge and that season is suppose to have like 8 to 10 rangers. Jason David Frank who played Tommy is now a successful MMA fighter. :lol:
Wolfsmagik
Manager

Postby Ska8er » Sat May 10, 2014 2:41 pm

I was ecstatic when i found out about this!

I was obsessed with Power Rangers back in the day! Can't wait for the movie to come out! :wink:
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby ECE » Sat May 10, 2014 3:05 pm

Red Power Ranger >>>

I remember I bought his uniform to dress up for a carnival; secretly, because my parents were objecting to this. It was the 1st time I went to a shop on my own and purchased :lol: I also bought the camera and every pic I was taking was stamped with their logo in the corner. Mess :lol:
ECE
Superstar

Postby Airwrecka » Sat May 10, 2014 3:09 pm

IrishLamb wrote:
biscuits wrote:I don't have any of my toys :(
I have some of them somewhere but Ive lost a lot of them :( I use to get them for Christmas every year. I remember one Christmas I asked for the Astro Megazord and I was majorly pissed when i got a different one :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you stamp your feet and cry? :D
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:51 am

I think that it'd be great if they found a way to tie it into the tv series roots.
I believe that a fair few of the later series were set on "alternate earths/worlds" so there's no reason why they couldn't at least try and set it in the same "universe".
I think it'd mean alot to those of us that grew up with the original to at least reference the original series with a few cheeky cameos.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby Bjk1990 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:22 am

Lol, the Power Rangers communicator signal is my ringtone.
Bjk1990
Roadie

Postby braianna » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:31 am

I'm a big fan of them when i was 7. I really enjoyed watching Power Rangers together with my brother.
braianna
Groupie

Postby GetBack » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:27 am

I was so obsessed with the Power Rangers before! :o :o I had all the cards, the action figures, stickers, etc. I was sad that Jason and Trini were replaced in the movie. I always felt that they were better than Rocky and Aisha. :-? :-? I watched the movie and bought the home video (VHS copy) of that as well. :lol: :lol: I even memorized the lines especially the ones they said during the action sequences. :oops: :oops:
Carey like Mariah.
GetBack
Legend

Postby GetBack » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:25 am

hugo wrote:I had these 8-)

I can see this sucking big time, but I'll watch for the nostalgia :lol: 8-)
I still have those! I kept all my toys in a box, they're with the legos and the Disney figures I had! :lol: :lol: I only have Tommy (Green Ranger) and Kimberly (Pink Ranger), how I wish I collected them all! :cry: :cry:
Carey like Mariah.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:12 pm

Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby Damiennatas1 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:43 pm

Utterly perfect!! Love Elizabeth Banks :D
Damiennatas1
Manager

Return to Movies