FBAWTFT (Pentalogy) | The Crimes of Grindelwald

Postby Hugo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:33 pm

FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM WILL BE A TRILOGY

During a meeting at Time Warner on Tuesday, Warner Bros.’ Chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara revealed that Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them would be released as a three-part series.

Among the slew of Warner Bros.' upcoming titles, the studio will release three pictures in 2016, 2018, and 2020 based on J.K. Rowling's original story and screenwriting debut. The story is set in the 1920s, seven decades before Harry Potter's story, and features famed Magizoologist Newt Scamander and other magical characters inspired by Potter’s Hogwarts textbook.

Fantastic Beasts is an extension of Rowling's wizarding world, with limited ties to the Harry Potter saga. David Yates, who directed the last four Harry Potter films, will return to helm this project.

Warner Bros. also announced three follow-ups to the wildly successful LEGO Movie, starting with Ninjango in 2016, The LEGO Batman Movie in 2017, and The LEGO Movie 2 in 2018.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will hit theaters November 18, 2016

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/15/ ... N+All+News)
Last edited by Hugo on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby samra » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:09 am

My body is ready!!!! :cry:
Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE
samra
Superstar

Postby Brad » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:11 am

I hope they find an interesting lead.
Brad
Winter Is Coming

Postby kushi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:19 am

Eddie Redmayne rumoured to be the lead.
Thriller wrote:Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads
kushi
Legend

Postby Brad » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:20 am

Yeah, I don't see him as Newt at all.
Brad
Winter Is Coming

Postby Brad » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:06 am

Eddie's officially been cast as Newt.
Brad
Winter Is Coming

Postby Hugo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:16 pm

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Mainshow » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:00 pm

First 8 pictures:

http://www.ew.com/gallery/fantastic-bea ... ng-gallery

My body is ready!!!!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Hugo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:46 pm

^ I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT, BEYYYSUS

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Damiennatas1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:23 pm

It doesn't look like the 'Harry Potter world' just something in the 50's.

Hopefully this is just a muggle area.
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Ska8er » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:38 pm

Damiennatas1 wrote:It doesn't look like the 'Harry Potter world' just something in the 50's.

But it's set in the early 1900s :lol:
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Spartan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:49 pm

He looks like Doctor Who.
I just want an eighth book where Hermione dumps Ron and gets with Harry.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:27 pm

Ska8er wrote:
Damiennatas1 wrote:It doesn't look like the 'Harry Potter world' just something in the 50's.

So Wizards in the early 1900's dressed exactly as Muggles did or are you completely missing my point...?
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Hugo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Damiennatas1 wrote:
Ska8er wrote:

So Wizards in the early 1900's dressed exactly as Muggles did or are you completely missing my point...?
American wizards are more fashionable it seems.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Fantastic Beasts: J.K. Rowling reveals the American word for 'Muggle'

American wizards have a completely different word for “Muggle.”

Next year’s Harry Potter prequel film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is set in 1926 New York, where the wizarding community uses another term entirely for people without magical powers.

In shifting the franchise away from the U.K., author J.K. Rowling — who also wrote the movie’s screenplay — is poised to introduce several new words into the Potterverse lexicon, and the most significant might be what Stateside wizards say instead of Muggle: “No-Maj” (pronounced “no madge,” as in “no magic”).

The blunt-sounding, hyphenated U.S. shorthand is used frequently by American wizards in the film, where English magizoologist Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) comes to New York and has all sorts of adventures.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/04/fa ... can-muggle
Love it, so ratchet!!! 8-)
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Airwrecka » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:46 pm

The pictures look stunning. I'm seriously excited now. :D
❄ The brightest flame casts the darkest shadow ❄
Airwrecka
Ace Reject

Postby Ska8er » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:38 am

Damiennatas1 wrote:
Ska8er wrote:

So in which part of Harry Potter did wizards not dress up like muggles and especially towards the later films? Or do they necessarily have to wear cloaks all the time for them to be considered wizards?
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:43 pm

So you're saying that Ballatrix Lestrange, Lucius Malfoy, Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall and every other person seen on Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade and Hogwarts all dressed as muggles? :lol:
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:39 pm

Damiennatas1 wrote:So you're saying that Ballatrix Lestrange, Lucius Malfoy, Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall and every other person seen on Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade and Hogwarts all dressed as muggles? :lol:
In each Harry Potter movie wizards were not dressed as muggles when they were inside their bubble. Hogsmeade as well as Hogwarts are wizards only zones in which they could roam around without thinking that they will be identified as strange individuals.
However, when Harry, Hermione and Ron fled from the death eaters in the 7th movie, they ended up in London and they changed their dresses.
Also, Harry Potter was wearing chucks in 5th movie. Which is strange anyway because the story is set in 1995! :lol:

When it comes to "Fantastic Beasts" , its storyline is rumored to be set in New York City, a metropolitan city. We are not in Hogsmeade anymore... you cannot be dressed like an English wizard hailing from an abandoned village in a city like New York, c'mon.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Damiennatas1 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:47 pm

Guys, I've read the books, I've watched the films, I love both equally - I know Harry Potter like the back of my hand. I have absolutely no clue what you guys are making a tangent out of this.

Mainshow, your points basically proved my point :lol: What I meant is that those screens look like its something from the muggle world. Not necessarily the main character but everyone in the background! Do you guys honestly think those screens are something from the wizard areas? Regardless if it's in England or New York?

There's a noticeable difference in style between the likes of Hogsmeade and Hogswarts etc to London or Little Whinging as described in both the books and films (obviously, this should go without saying which is why you guys are confusing me more), anyone can see that. Or is it a case that you believe that because it's set in a certain decade those 2 worlds are blended in together?

...reading through this and genuinely wondering why I'm bothering explaining this. You guys :lol:
Damiennatas1
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Damn, I didn't read your post correctly. :oops:

Totally agree on you saying that these pictures must have been taken in a "muggle" or "no-maj" area. :oops:
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:18 pm

EW: Here's your (spoiler-free) description of the mysterious Harry Potter prequel Fantastic Beasts Movie!

How do you make a movie of J.K. Rowling’s slim 2001 catalog of creatures Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?

Well, you make a faux documentary about the book’s “author” Newt Scamander tracking all sort of magical beasties.

At least, that was Warner Bros.’ first idea.

Then Rowling came up with an even better one, and penned her first-ever screenplay for next year’s eagerly anticipated Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (the Harry Potter author had creative imput on all the previous eight movies, but the 1926-set prequel Fantastic Beasts is her first actual script).

The plot of the film has been kept ultra secret, with the cast under an Unbreakable Vow to not reveal any details. EW’s current cover story contains the first look at the film’s set-up. This description does not reveal spoilers per se — the movie is primarily about what happens after this. But if you prefer to watch the film not knowing anything at all, by all means stop reading here.

Eccentric magizoologist Newt Scamander (Oscar winner Eddie Redmayne) comes to New York (for a reason we won’t disclose) with his trusty weathered case. This case is one of those way-way-way-bigger-on-the-inside magical devices, and within are expansive habitats for a collection of rare and endangered magical creatures from Newt’s travels around globe. He discovers the American wizarding community is fearfully hiding from Muggles (who are called “No-Maj” in the States, more on that here) and the threat of public exposure is an even graver concern than in the UK (remember the Salem witch trials?). Fantastic Beasts is the story of what happens when this uniquely skilled English wizard travels to wiz-phobic America and a variety of his creatures, some quite dangerous … get out of their case.

And that’s what Fantastic Beasts is about. Excited?

Fantastic Beasts is EW’s cover story this week, where we’re offering a behind-the-scenes look at the film and interviews with producers and cast. Check out the cover here, get your copy here (say it with me: Accio EW!) and see our photo gallery. For ongoing Fantastic Beasts scoop, follow @jameshibberd.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/04/fantastic-beasts
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby thankfulforkelly » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:27 pm

so excited for this!!
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby Storyteller » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:21 am

This looks great, can’t wait to see it.
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby samra » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Next year can't come soon enough!!

I really need to re-read the books again, my Harry Potter knowledge is slipping. I've been meaning to for a couple of years now but I've never gotten around to it.
Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE
samra
Superstar

Return to Movies