FBAWTFT (Pentalogy) | The Crimes of Grindelwald

Postby Hugo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Now the Harry Potter universe has an oscar, finally.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Hugo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:32 pm

‘Fantastic Beasts’ Sequel: Jude Law Will Play Young Dumbledore

Toby Emmerich, President and Chief Content Officer of Warner Bros. Pictures announced the news today.

Law will portray Dumbledore before the long-white-bearded wizard became the Headmaster at Hogwarts, as he has been known in the Harry Potter books and movies. When we meet him in the Fantastic Beasts sequel, Dumbledore is still serving as the wizarding school’s Transfiguration professor. He is also a contemporary of Gellert Grindelwald, the charismatic dark wizard who believes wizards are superior to Muggles and No-Majs.

J.K. Rowling is penning the sequel to the second movie which is based on a Hogwarts textbook in the Harry Potter universe. Part 2 will find an even darker world where Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) and our other heroes have to decide on their allegiances.

In making the announcement, Emmerich said in a statement, “As fans ourselves, we are thrilled to have Jude Law joining the ‘Fantastic Beasts’ cast, playing a character so universally adored. Jude has been a member of the Warner Bros. family for years and we’re excited to embark on this new adventure with him.”

Director David Yates added, “Jude Law is a phenomenally talented actor whose work I have long admired, and I’m looking forward to finally having the opportunity to work with him. I know he will brilliantly capture all the unexpected facets of Albus Dumbledore as J.K. Rowling reveals this very different time in his life.”

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them grossed over $813M at the global box office, and minted an estimated profit close to $165M. At a Harry Potter fan event back in October, Rowling announced that the franchise would include five titles in total, each taking place in a different city around the world. Fantastic Beasts opens on Nov. 16, 2018.

Law was recently starred in the HBO series The Young Pope and can next be seen in King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. He is repped by Julian Belfrage Associates, WME, and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/fantastic-b ... 202068242/
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Madelinefs » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Hm... I'm mot sure how I feel about this... :-?
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:41 pm

OMG! OMG! OMG! I've always had a little crush on Jude Law!!! I am sooooooooo glad to read this!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Hugo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:55 pm

Madelinefs wrote:Hm... I'm mot sure how I feel about this... :-?
I know.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby KEY9481 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:28 pm

:o yes.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby menime123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Mainshow wrote:OMG! OMG! OMG! I've always had a little crush on Jude Law!!! I am sooooooooo glad to read this!
Yes BUT I don't really wanna find Dumbledore hot :lol:

That said, Jude Law is a brilliant actor. Saw him on the west end (200 people audience) and he spent part of the evening topless. Fantastic night :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Rihab » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:23 am

November 2018?? For all we know, humanity could be extinct by then. Hurry up! :-?
Rihab
Legend

Postby Hugo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:09 am

‘Fantastic Beasts’ Sequel Reveals Plot Details, Adds Cast As Shooting Starts

Principal photography begins today on the as-yet untitled Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them sequel at Warner Bros Studios Leavesden outside London. Along with the main cast from last year’s $814M grossing franchise-starter, and previously announced additions like Jude Law as a young Albus Dumbledore, new faces will turn up in the magical universe, WB said today. The studio also offered details of the story that will see Dumbledore team with his former student Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) to thwart Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald (Johnny Depp).

Set in the Wizarding World created by JK Rowling, this is the 2nd in a five-picture series with the original film’s director (and veteran Harry Potter helmer) David Yates returning.

The film expands the Wizarding World, moving from New York to London and on to Paris — and promises “some surprising nods to the Harry Potter stories that will delight fans of the books and film series.”

In her second go at scripting, Rowling wrote the screenplay for the film, which opens in 1927, a few months after magizoologist Scamander helped to unveil and capture the infamous Grindelwald in the first installment.

However, the logline reads: “as he promised he would, Grindelwald has made a dramatic escape and has been gathering more followers to his cause — elevating wizards above all non-magical beings. The only one who might be able to stop him is the wizard he once called his dearest friend, Albus Dumbledore. But Dumbledore will need help from the wizard who had thwarted Grindelwald once before, his former student Newt Scamander. The adventure reunites Newt with Tina (Katherine Waterston), Queenie (Alison Sudol) and Jacob (Dan Fogler), but his mission will also test their loyalties as they face new perils in an increasingly dangerous and divided wizarding world.”

(A bit of background on Dumbledore and Grindelwald’s complex history: As Pottermore notes, the pair started off as childhood friends, but became enemies after a duel which led to the death of Dumbledore’s younger sister, Ariana.)

Joining the above are Claudia Kim (The Dark Tower, Avengers: Age Of Ultron, Marco Polo) as a young woman first encountered as a featured attraction at a wizarding circus. William Nadylam will play a wizard named Yusuf Kama; Ingvar Sigurdsson (Baltasar Kormakur’s The Oath) joins as bounty hunter Grimmson; Ólafur Darri Ólafsson (The Missing) is Skender, who runs the wizarding circus; and Kevin Guthrie is Abernathy, the boss of MACUSA (Magical Congress of the USA).

Further previously announced cast includes Ezra Miller as Credence, whose fate was unknown at the end of the first film; Zoë Kravitz as Leta Lestrange, who was briefly glimpsed in a moving photo as a woman from Newt’s past in FBAWTFT; and Callum Turner as Theseus Scamander, a war hero and Auror, who is also Newt’s older brother.

David Heyman, Rowling, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram are producers, with Tim Lewis, Neil Blair, Rick Senat and Danny Cohen exec producing.

The creative team including DP Philippe Rousselot, production designer Stuart Craig, editor Mark Day, costume designer Colleen Atwood, and VFX supervisors Tim Burke and Christian Manz are all back.

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them was the studio’s best performer of 2016, and proved a successful way to keep the Harry Potter money-making magic alive on screen. The film minted an estimated profit close to $165M.
WB has set a release date of November 16, 2018 for the sequel. No word yet if the scene-stealing Niffler is back.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/fantastic-b ... 202123376/
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby Biebz » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:16 am

I can't wait, so f*cking excited! :cry:
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby KEY9481 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:56 pm

This second movie sounds way more exciting than the first :cry:
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:33 pm

The title of tue 2nd movie has been announced:

Fantastic Beats - The Crimes of Grindelwald
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby menime123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Why isn’t Jude Law ginger? :-?
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Biebz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Mainshow wrote:The title of tue 2nd movie has been announced:

Fantastic Beats - The Crimes of Grindelwald
:cry: :cry: :cry:
my reputation's never been worse so you must like me for me
Biebz
Best Damn Member

Postby KEY9481 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:15 pm

I am not ready.
KEY9481
Manager

Postby LongingHeart » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:15 pm

KEY9481 wrote:I am not ready.
Shame on me for changing.... no no no... shame on you for stayin' the same.
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby menime123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 pm

KEY9481 wrote:I am not ready.
Good, because you’ve got another year to go yet :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby Mainshow » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:16 pm

That new thread title is so clumsy.
Is that FBAWTFT (Pentalogy) really necessary?

They seem to have ditched everything after "Fantastic Beasts" for the 2nd movie.

So why aren't we naming this thread "Fantastic Beasts" only?
Ans with each new edition/every second year..we just change the 2nd part of the subtitle?
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Tansike » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:49 am

'Grindelwald'?

I don't know the books etc. so no idea if this is really part of the story or whatever, but as a Swiss it's really weird to see a movie with that name (a very popular place in Switzerland is called that way :lol: )
Tansike
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:53 am

Tansike wrote:'Grindelwald'?

I don't know the books etc. so no idea if this is really part of the story or whatever, but as a Swiss it's really weird to see a movie with that name (a very popular place in Switzerland is called that way :lol: )
Oh you have never heard of Grindelwald as part of the Harry Potter universe?

He was the rival of Dumbledore basically andthe epitome of all evil before Voldemort arrived.

I have never been to Grindelwald though. I thought of going there when I was in Switzerland earler this year, though. It looks really niceon some pics ;)
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Return to Movies