Alien: Covenant

Postby Hugo » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Prometheus 2 retitled by Ridley Scott once again: Now called Alien: Covenant

While promoting his latest film, The Martian, featuring Matt Damon, Ridley Scott excitedly told reporters that the sequel to Prometheus would be called Alien: Paradise Lost.

Although the director revealed how the name was a reference to John Milton’s poem about the Fall of Man after the temptation of Adam and Eve, it turns out he may have jumped the gun slightly when giving away the finer details.

In an interview for The Playlist, he quickly mentioned an upcoming film project that will start filming in February: Alien: Covenant. It is widely believed this is the new name of the Prometheus sequel.

Back in October, Scott confirmed the Prometheus series will eventually lead into the original Alien and give an explanation as to how the extraterrestrials came to be.

He said at the time: “The whole point of it is to explain the Alien franchise and to explain the how and why of the creation of the Alien itself. I always thought of the Alien as kind of a piece of bacterial warfare. I always thought that that original ship, which I call the Croissant, was a battleship, holding these biomechanoid creatures that were all about destruction.”

The Bladerunner director also revealed there will not be only one but possibly three sequels to Prometheus. Neil Blomkamp, who was to direct a sequel to Aliens - ignoring both Alien 3 and 4 - has stated his project has been put on hold while work goes ahead on Prometheus 2.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 36276.html
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:53 pm

Not seen Prometheus, is it any good?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:53 pm

Not seen Prometheus, is it any good?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:46 pm

I'll watch it, but still here for the Blomkamp Alien sequel more.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby Hugo » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:47 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:Not seen Prometheus, is it any good?
YES!!! :o

Prepare to be blown away!
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:16 pm

Really? :o The reception is so mixed! :lol: Curious! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Noahh » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:45 pm

I loved Prometheus. You should watch it Bill!

Can't wait for the sequel.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Hugo » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:02 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:Really? :o The reception is so mixed! :lol: Curious! :D
The movie is actually one of my favourites, ever.

There's one really stupid, but oh so funny moment, that everyone remembers and likes to mock though. :lol:
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby NothingFails » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:42 am

I think Prometheus is good if people take it for what it is and not try to just automatically compare it to Alien. Plus Noomi Rapace is a goddess
NothingFails
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Prometheus is phenomenal. A real epic. I loved it.
"What goes around comes back around my baby"
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby SeeForever » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:27 pm

I must be in the minority, I thought Prometheus was visually stunning but the story was just lacking for me and some of the characters in it seemed totally uninterested in what was going on around them, Naomi Rapace was great though, and so was Michael Fassbender, but overall I was a little disappointed, still miles better than Alien3

Still interested in the sequel though, but I'm also more excited about the other Alien sequel
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:20 am

Definitely anticipating the Bloomkamp sequel and I think that the return of Ripley will be the big draw card for that flick so I'm hoping they won't take too much longer to get started because we all want Sigourney to kick ass. "Prometheus" definitely posed some interesting questions and I'm waiting see where Fassbender will take Noomi.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby NothingFails » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Really disappointed if the rumors are true that Noomi isn't coming back and that this film will be all David.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:02 am

That wouldn't work for me.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:58 pm

I've just ordered Prometheus. :P
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby trebor » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:51 pm

Prometheus is visually stunning. The intro is amazing and the space craft crash at the end is just so wow.
Some running gags are just too obvious and lame. Didn't like that the "creatures" were shown full frontal and a lot of scenes are way too long and irrelevant.
Pretty anxious to see the sequel and where the journey takes them. It would be a major turn off if Noomi Rapace wasn't in the second movie.

trebor
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:01 am

Looks like Alien Covenant is the first part of a trilogy and from looks of it doesn't look like Naomi Rapace is returning which is a shame, still Michael Fassbender will be back but he does need fixing first
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Postby Noahh » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:10 am

Noomi Rapace is confirmed by Ridley Scott to be in the film. However, only briefly.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:50 pm

Noahh wrote:Noomi Rapace is confirmed by Ridley Scott to be in the film. However, only briefly.
That's disappointing. After all her character went through in Prometheus, it's a shame. Unless the focus is entiorely on the engineer race.
I just do not want that over rated Fassbender to take up all of the film. The amazing thing about Prometheus for me was the kick ass, lead echoing Ripley.
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby trebor » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:47 am

20th Century Fox:
Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
trebor
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:45 am

Wondering if the planet they land on will be revealed to be LV-426 or if these next 2 films will happen concurrently with the original Alien trilogy with the next sequel taking place before or between "Alien" and "Aliens" and telling the story of the colonists.
It would explain why the original trilogy sequel has been pushed back and part of the story being addressed in the "Prometheus" sequels.
Hopefully they do the right thing and tie it all together to a tight continuity.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:33 pm

The planet in Prometheus, is it the same one that's in Alien?
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby trebor » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:04 pm

CrazyCrazy wrote:The planet in Prometheus, is it the same one that's in Alien?
No, it's not. :D
Have you now watched "Prometheus"?
trebor
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:49 pm

I have, I liked it. Definitely don't feel the same way as Hugo about it though. :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby SeeForever » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:53 pm

Katherine Waterston has been cast in the new Alien Trilogy, admit not knowing anything about her though she did appear in Steve Jobs with Michael Fassbender, rumours are she's the new lead for the Trilogy!
RIP The Queen Of Disco
SeeForever
Legend

Return to Movies